Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal (68449 Views)

Shekau Appoints Abu Muhammad As New War Commander, Kills Predecessor / THE NEW WAR AGAINST AFRICA’S CHRISTIANS - WALL STREET JOURNAL / Bala Ciroma Replaces Magu As EFCC Boss - The Street Journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Galaticos444: 11:20am On Dec 22, 2019
helinues:
Which war against Christians?

Do Christians love themselves? Cos me Wondering why Catholics wont marry an Anglican... Or is it Pentecostal that have vowed not to have anything to do with Celestial church?
do Muslims luv themselves?cos I know d Sunnis so much dislike d shitte Muslims

8 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by AMvanquish: 11:22am On Dec 22, 2019
Firebomber:

See this idiot.

How many thing have they burn to ground, why don't you show us the village where everything was burn to ground.

You hypocrite forget the part where they will leave mosque alone and burn Churches and here is this one saying it not religious, why don't you show us any farmer that go about burning mosque. Mtcheew

Bros. Believe what you want.

I have friends who have been personally affected by this crisis and given me 1st hand info.

Now you come online and read and believe whatever you like. It is not by force to have the same opinion.

And we can have a meaningful argument without you getting pained and being immature coz of my personal view. Unless you're a teenager which I can understand.

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by kikake: 11:22am On Dec 22, 2019
ukeleh:
Who talks about the war against Islam. This period, December everyone is on holidays for a festival that the Bible doesn't have its account. Muslims whether they like it or not will comply. What about weekends that are observed for Christians worship, Muslims not allowed to dress according to the Quran and so many other ways Muslims are oppressed in Nigeria. The social media never records oppression of Muslims. Anybody can write anything to trend or make money but do you know before you plan anything against Islam, the Quran has answer for all your plans.
Quran 61 verse 8 says, They desire to extinguish the light of Allah with (the breath of) their mouths. But Allah will perfect His light even though the disbelievers consider it hard.
Whether anyone likes it or not, Islam will thrive

Naturally, birds of the same feather flock together.

What is wrong in having the 12 Sharia states of Northern Nigeria in a separate country of their own, so that the people in such an Islamic country can worship Allah anyway they want, wear burqa and hijab assorted and wherever, take holiday on Fridays but work on Sundays?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by AMvanquish: 11:24am On Dec 22, 2019
kiyosaki1:

Deception, Lying 
and TaqiyyaDoes Islam permit Muslims to lie? 

Muslim scholars teach that Muslims should generally be truthful to each other, unless the purpose of lying is to "smooth over differences" or "gain the upper-hand over an enemy"

There are several forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, the best known being taqiyya (the Shia name).  These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause of Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them. 

QuranQuran (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie.

Quran (3:28) - This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to "guard themselves" against danger, meaning that there are times when a Muslim may appear friendly to non-Muslims, even though they should not feel friendly.

What is the General Ulama opinion on the subject. You still don't get it. I give up. Bye
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Thinkfree(m): 11:24am On Dec 22, 2019
LearnAtrade:
Usman Dan fodio and his Fulani terrorist tribe can never win this war,because we know where Nigeria begin and where Nigeria end.

You can now learn a skills or trade at the comfort of your home, this is strictly for serious minded people
You can learn this training -:

1) Solar/inverter installation/maintenance
2) Laptop repair and maintenance
3) Mobile phone repair and maintenance
4) Satellite TV installation
And many other.we are going to be updating the website with different training program,you can visit my profile/signature for more information
can you teach Fulani guys or is only Igbo Christians? You lack the basic ethics of an advertiser.

2 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Electricals: 11:25am On Dec 22, 2019
Henry22:
It's only a slowpoke that won't believe........

I'm not a Christian.

This is pure truth.

I agree with this 100%

I know the Fulanis and their system very well,

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Maol(m): 11:26am On Dec 22, 2019
All this things are just tactics to destroy Nigeria. When boko harram kidnap the girls in borno, did they separate the Muslim from the Christians and kidnep only the Christians.
That some Fulani herdsmen are Muslim does not mean that it is backed by Islam. When they attack do they free the Muslims and attack only the Christians? A lot of armed robbers are christian, do we have to associate Christianity to their deeds.
Muslims suffer more from book haram. Almost everything in Nigeria is tailored towards Christianity from secondary school praise and worship, to banking with interest, to TV shows, to school dressing. Just tell me one general aspect of Nigeria lifestyle that Muslim have dominance. Even my house I can sleep at night because about 4 churches surround my house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by lovchalice(f): 11:28am On Dec 22, 2019
MoIbrahim:
All this jobbers looking for aids and grant. Soon he'll receive more dollars to "save Nigerian Christians" and/or "rebuild churches".
you are simply heartless or senseless. Did you read his profile at the end? No you wouldn't cos he is saying a glaring truth.

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by chuckdelis: 11:28am On Dec 22, 2019
Seems like Bishop Oyedepo is the only one seeing this, but if he talks they will say PDP.

2 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by janettee(f): 11:28am On Dec 22, 2019
helinues:

Do Christians love themselves? Cos me Wondering why Catholics wont marry an Anglican... Or is it Pentecostal that have vowed not to have anything to do with Celestial church?

If Una don deceive Una self finish, make we know

Modified : Why do religious people get aggressive whenever there religious beliefs are been questioned? Still on the questioning

Abi why the attacks on my innocent questions.. Stay clear or ban awaits attacking comments

Exactly lol. There's no war on christianity in Nigeria. Citing fulani herdsmen as if they don't kill muslims.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by saju2020: 11:29am On Dec 22, 2019
smiley
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by lovchalice(f): 11:30am On Dec 22, 2019
Sirjamo:
This is a misleading and mischievous article. Fulani don't fight for Islam, they fight for their Animals. Majority of nomadic Fulani don't believe in any religion, they don't go to mosque, neither do they offer Salat anywhere.

Boko haram too might be claiming Islam, but they are deceiving themselves. Whenever their camps get raided by security agents, they always find thousands of Condoms, alcohol, hard drugs and women they keep as sex slaves. Rape alone is punishable by death in Islam so all Boko haram has been sentenced to death Insha Allah, thousands of our Mujahedin in the civilian JTF have been helping the military to destroy those unfortunate infidels called Boko haram, because they have no place in Islam and the World!!!
tell it to the Marines

3 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by chuckdelis: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2019
Maol:
All this things are just tactics to destroy Nigeria. When boko harram kidnap the girls in borno, did they separate the Muslim from the Christians and kidnep only the Christians.
That some Fulani herdsmen are Muslim does not mean that it is backed by Islam. When they attack do they free the Muslims and attack only the Christians? A lot of armed robbers are christian, do we have to associate Christianity to their deeds.
Muslims suffer more from book haram. Almost everything in Nigeria is tailored towards Christianity from secondary school praise and worship, to banking with interest, to TV shows, to school dressing. Just tell me one general aspect of Nigeria lifestyle that Muslim have dominance. Even my house I can sleep at night because about 4 churches surround my house.
oga chibok girls are Christians, don’t sugar coat impunity and a religion that takes pleasure in shedding blood.

10 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by yrex01(m): 11:31am On Dec 22, 2019
DECLAN2015:

Do they kill anybody like muslims do.
There could be difference in ideology but we don kill God neither do we kill his creation.Any religion that mandate u to kill "unbelievers 'is not a religion but a cult.
if Islam preach to kill non Muslims n Muslims are doing so u won't b alive to type this coz I very sure there is Muslim in your society ... Speak beyond hatred n sentiment !!! I've never see such hypocrites like u guys !! Islam will always be millions miles away from oda religion no matter how bad u paint it.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by saju2020: 11:31am On Dec 22, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Staro: 11:32am On Dec 22, 2019
T . Y Danjuma said something

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:33am On Dec 22, 2019
[s]
GorkoDimo:
This article is nothing but bullshit and ignorance, the Farmer herder crises is a struggle for resources NOT Religion.

Majority of the victims of the crises are peasant farmers and herders, trying to give it a religious background and struggle is mischievious and misleading.

[/s]

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by executive12: 11:35am On Dec 22, 2019
harmonyAris:
This is so sad and unfortunate. Funny thing is, if christians are generally allowed to bear arms and fight back, this people won't wait o I swear

You want to wait for Buhari, the main sponsor of Fulani jihad, to allow you to bear arm before you can protect yourself? If you can, you better arm yourself. After all, there is no law allowing the Fulani to bear arms either. But they have armed themselves anyway.

3 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Balogunodua(m): 11:35am On Dec 22, 2019
StaffofOrayan:

Do you know what infiltration means?
A few collaborators in high places is all that is needed.
My point is not even sharia, Islam is just the tool to the major invasion like they did in the past, history has a way of repeating itself,
There is a seed being sown in the SW that muslims are being marginalized, it's a net and it would definitely catch some dummies, though most would ignore it, but just a few is what is needed.
Since 1800, A lot of muslims have conflated fulani expansion with the spread of Islam, it is a model that has worked time and again.

Central African Republic is an example, the Fulanis were trying to take over the country, but since the Muslims harbored them, it quickly became a Muslim/Christian civil war.

I understand what you are trying to say some people will fall for it, but what am telling you is that a christain and muslim fight can never happen in the southwest.

2 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by nengibo: 11:35am On Dec 22, 2019
helinues:

Modified : Why do religious people get aggressive whenever there religious beliefs are been questioned? Still on the questioning

Abi why the attacks on my innocent questions.. Stay clear or ban awaits attacking comments
How does this relate to the Fulani herdsmen killings against Christian communities?

3 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by executive12: 11:36am On Dec 22, 2019
MoIbrahim:
All this jobbers looking for aids and grant. Soon he'll receive more dollars to "save Nigerian Christians" and/or "rebuild churches".

Fools are never in short supply in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by executive12: 11:37am On Dec 22, 2019
EagleNest:
Is this part of what TY Danjuma know? Turkey was mentioned repeatedly, are they the "behind the scene" collaborators?

Turkey has been fingered as one of the main suppliers of weapons to Boko Haram.

6 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by kikake: 11:38am On Dec 22, 2019
helinues:

First time I am hearing that Catholics don't marry Anglicans. Abeg, does this happen only in your village?
I know Catholics marry Anglicans, and vice versa all over Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by MoIbrahim: 11:38am On Dec 22, 2019
Today 2000 hrs GMT. Grab your pop corn

gaetano:
OK. But when is Washington going to lunch nuclear weapons to northern Nigeria? I can't wait.
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by nasoeb: 11:38am On Dec 22, 2019
MoIbrahim:
Uselesss herdsman, what wrong did he say?
What is said there that your burnt offering ethnic group haven't done?

3 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Sirjamo: 11:38am On Dec 22, 2019
kakaG:

You can only pretend to someone who has not lived in the north before. For those who have like me, we know how beast like you become when it comes to religious matters. How many have extremist like you killed because of newspaper articles that mentioned someone from the Quran. Have you no idea? In so many religious uprising it has been recorded how you people slauther your friends, neighbors and even benefactors. BH is not made of Christian's but mostly nothern Muslims.

It is a fact that the sect could be serviced by greedy easterners or westerners but those who perpatrate the actual evil we know.

If you don't have anything to say please keep quiet.
Good, now, get lost!
Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by nengibo: 11:39am On Dec 22, 2019
Nigerianization:

But the late ISIS leader Al Baghdadi had PhD in Islamic studies.
No mind them the people who gave them Islam formed Isis and they are claiming they know the true islam

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by mrZENographer: 11:40am On Dec 22, 2019
Military24:
Tropical yaruba moslem terrorist! Moslems can never rule this world! They want to rule the world using jihads(Al qaeda, Taliban, Boko haram, Fulani herdsmen etc). In as mush as the world remain, moslems world'll ever remain second class and CHRISTIANS domination'll continue!

helinues:

I am a staunch Christian knowledgeable in the word of God. I must say then that you are sleeping and NEED to wakeup.

Christianity, and power of the saints will be crushed as prophesied by both the prophets and Jesus. But Jesus will return with the glorified Saints to destroy the Antichrist and the Beast system.

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by executive12: 11:41am On Dec 22, 2019
helinues:

Who told you that Catholics do not marry Anglicans? In any case, they are not killing each other like you Sunnis are killing the Shiites.

2 Likes

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 22, 2019
Thinkfree:
if defending Nigerian Christian through keyboards is all you can offer then you are the greatest coward Christianity will ever have as a member. The Fulani you guys claim to be fighting for Islam uses sophisticated weapons to do so, that's why am offering you a riffle to propagate Christianity.

Very meaningless.

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Enculer2: 11:42am On Dec 22, 2019
Maol:

You Muslim terrorists lie a lot.

Why can't you have your own country?

1 Like

Re: The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal by Sirjamo: 11:42am On Dec 22, 2019
Powersurge:

By Jehovah's grace, I am a Christian. But I am quiet pleased with your view. At least it clears many things. Though, Bokoharam claim they are they only true Muslims who have come to fulfill the will of "ALLAH" on "INFIDELS". On the flip side, the northern elites seems to be pleased with the activities of BH. I am yet to see any northerner come out publicly to denounce them. I don't know if they are scared though.

I am of the view that Christians should have millitia groups. Because the world we live now requires it. But I always advocate that such should not be to inflict pains on people of other faith like BH was doing. But to stand in defence of the cross. Because it seems that in this present world, tolerance has gone through the window. Somebody will be teaching his little boy everyday that anybody that is not a Muslim is enemy of Allah. The innocent boy will grow up to become menace.
That's why I never lump people together in any form of attack, sensible people like you make me proud of that policy!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Meet The Explosive Device Expert Who Is Ready 2 Die In Fighting Boko Haram(pics) / Saraki In The Dock At Code Of Conduct Tribunal — LIVE UPDATES / Documents Found In Shehu Shagari's Bedroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.