Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,723 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

How God Delivered Me From Acute Depression With Just Four Words - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How God Delivered Me From Acute Depression With Just Four Words (499 Views)

My Journey to The Spirit World And How God Delivered Me / Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me / God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How God Delivered Me From Acute Depression With Just Four Words by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 22, 2019
HOW GOD DELIVERED ME FROM ACUTE DEPRESSION WITH JUST FOUR WORDS

Getting down from a bed was not something I used to take as anything, but it was not until I found myself struggling and finding it hard to come down from my bed at a very trying point of my life, that I began to appreciate even the simplest of things I was able to do and stopped taking them for granted.

That valuable lesson of the reality of life I learnt from the period of my depression, it was that bad.

And it wasn't that i was physically sick, for i was well in that respect, but it was emotionally that I was having serious issues, for I had virtually lost all my spirits, hence it seemed my depressed mode had been fully activated.

And this mood also reflected in my body posture as well, as my head was usually in the depressed position especially when I was having a conversation with people, which was very embarrassing to say the least. But there was not much I could do about it because regardless of how much I tried to motivate myself to get my head up, it didn't last for long, as that seemed to be its unnatural position.

I thought about going for dietary supplements for a while, but I ended up deciding that I was going to rely on God's help alone. And that if God wasn't going to bring me out of it Himself, and that i wasn't going to get help elsewhere. But as hopeless as things seemed then, I can still remember writing on a piece of paper that "i would testify", and pasting it on the back of my wardrobe door.

And I was right, because while I was in the bathroom taking my bath on a certain day, God revealed to me that "It's all about Him" via a song He had gave to me, and that was it, my depression was completely gone, as the burden i felt for about five to six months that weighed me down, got lifted.

And the most interesting part of it, was that all the problems that I thought got me depressed were still there, for I had experienced a serious setback at that point of my life. But when the depression finally left me after several months, I realized that what actually got me so depressed was not necessarily the problems I was facing as a result of the setback I had, but how concerned i was about people's opinions and what they would make of my setback.

So when God revealed to me that "it's all about Him" that was all I needed to take the life of my depression away, because it was no longer about me or what people thought about me, but " IT WAS ALL ABOUT GOD"!

And this is seventeen years later, and I have never had any point as such where I found it hard to come down from my bed, not even once. And it's not because I have not been through difficulties or trying times afterwards, for I have definitely been through much much worse, but that revelation God gave to me appears to have made me to be as strong as a rock, that I am able to withstand and overcome any such difficulty I face.

So that revelation of God turned out to be the game changer for me, and the best thing that ever happened to me, because it completely transformed my orientation, and took me to the next level of walk with God, which is the level of the Spirit where it is all about God.

And I cannot thank God enough for that amazing revelation that saved me from the deepest pit of depression, and has lifted me up and placed my feet upon the solid Rock upon which I stand.

I said I would testify, and that's what I've been doing ever since God delivered me from that depression, and i believe that the revelation God gave to me that it's all about Him is one that is able to do for others, what it was able to do for me.

Because I believe there are yet many christians, even some strong ones as I was at the time, who are yet to come to the knowledge of this revelation, that it is not about them or the opinion of men, but that it's all about God.

And depression is just one of the grave consequences that could come from such an orientation, even depression which is the major cause of suicides, but that's not even the worst, for the worst is that such could lead someone to hell since it's all about God's judgment and not about that of men.

So i believe this revelation that God gave to me that, it's all about Him, is one that must needs be shared, because it is able to deliver many from all the grave consequences that such an orientation can bring upon someone just as it did for me.

Hence my sharing it.

God bless.

P.S. It also worked for others:

https://www.nairaland.com/5593969/how-god-delivered-me-acute#85257800

2 Likes

Re: How God Delivered Me From Acute Depression With Just Four Words by kingralph(m): 9:09am On Dec 22, 2019
Jesusjnr pls Can you call This no 08028764916
Re: How God Delivered Me From Acute Depression With Just Four Words by falcon01: 9:17am On Dec 22, 2019
I'm glad you found what worked out for you
Re: How God Delivered Me From Acute Depression With Just Four Words by WinningEleven(m): 9:26am On Dec 22, 2019
I am very happy you found a way out of the vicious cycle called depression Sir.
Some go in and never come out. Alive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How God Delivered Me From Acute Depression With Just Four Words by BlueAngel444: 10:54am On Dec 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
HOW GOD DELIVERED ME FROM ACUTE DEPRESSION WITH JUST FOUR WORDS

Getting down from a bed was not something I used to take as anything, but it was not until I found myself struggling and finding it hard to come down from my bed at a very trying point of my life, that I began to appreciate even the simplest of things I was able to do and stopped taking them for granted.

That valuable lesson of the reality of life I learnt from the period of my depression, it was that bad.

And it wasn't that i was physically sick, for i was well in that respect, but it was emotionally that I was having serious issues, for I had virtually lost all my spirits, hence it seemed my depressed mode had been fully activated.

And this mood also reflected in my body posture as well, as my head was usually in the depressed position especially when I was having a conversation with people, which was very embarrassing to say the least. But there was not much I could do about it because regardless of how much I tried to motivate myself to get my head up, it didn't last for long, as that seemed to be its unnatural position.

I thought about going for dietary supplements for a while, but I ended up deciding that I was going to rely on God's help alone. And that if God wasn't going to bring me out of it Himself, and that i wasn't going to get help elsewhere. But as hopeless as things seemed then, I can still remember writing on a piece of paper that "i would testify", and pasting it on the back of my wardrobe door.

And I was right, because while I was in the bathroom taking my bath on a certain day, God revealed to me that "It's all about Him" via a song He had gave to me, and that was it, my depression was completely gone, as the burden i felt for about five to six months that weighed me down, got lifted.

And the most interesting part of it, was that all the problems that I thought got me depressed were still there, for I had experienced a serious setback at that point of my life. But when the depression finally left me after several months, I realized that what actually got me so depressed was not necessarily the problems I was facing as a result of the setback I had, but how concerned i was about people's opinions and what they would make of my setback.

So when God revealed to me that "it's all about Him" that was all I needed to take the life of my depression away, because it was no longer about me or what people thought about me, but " IT WAS ALL ABOUT GOD"!

And this is seventeen years later, and I have never had any point as such where I found it hard to come down from my bed, not even once. And it's not because I have not been through difficulties or trying times afterwards, for I have definitely been through much much worse, but that revelation God gave to me appears to have made me to be as strong as a rock, that I am able to withstand and overcome any such difficulty I face.

So that revelation of God turned out to be the game changer for me, and the best thing that ever happened to me, because it completely transformed my orientation, and took me to the next level of walk with God, which is the level of the Spirit where it is all about God.

And I cannot thank God enough for that amazing revelation that saved me from the deepest pit of depression, and has lifted me up and placed my feet upon the solid Rock upon which I stand.

I said I would testify, and that's what I've been doing ever since God delivered me from that depression, and i believe that the revelation God gave to me that it's all about Him is one that is able to do for others, what it was able to do for me.

Because I believe there are yet many christians, even some strong ones as I was at the time, who are yet to come to the knowledge of this revelation, that it is not about them or what people say about them, but that it's all about God.

And depression is just one of the grave consequences that could come from such an orientation, even depression which is the major cause of suicides, but that's not even the worst, for the worst is that such could lead someone to hell since it's all about God's judgment and not about that of men.

So i believe this revelation that God gave to me is one that needs to be shared, because it is able to deliver many from all the grave consequences that such an orientation can bring upon someone just as it did for me.

It's not about you or people's opinion about you, but "IT'S ALL ABOUT GOD"!

God bless.

Great testimony sir

That's the difference between the pressures of life from the peace of Christ

I lost something recently, very painful but I kept looking unto what I really have and that's Jesus. You see when the loudest voices in our heads start ringing and no one really is saying anything what hearing that's when the true power of the Holy Spirit shows up. He just knows what you say, when to say it and how to say it and it may just be a word but it has always been the right word even at the point of lost where most break down.

He indeed gives hope to the hopeless and without Him n I don't know how others survive but I guess we are lucky.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How God Delivered Me From Acute Depression With Just Four Words by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 27, 2019
I can remember having to rebuke a friend for being depressed just because of a malicious thing a man said about him.

I told him, "so someone can just wake up and decide that you are going to be feel bad today, and you'd make it easy so for him to succeed? That means that you should get ready to be feel bad a lot, since your happiness depends on what people say about you, and there are lots of wicked people who would derive joy from making you feel bad....."

And it worked, and not just for him but for others, as the same thing I told him, he used it to help other people who had such issues, and very pleased to tell me about it.

Years later he gave me a call and was still appreciative, and thanking me for what I had done for him to change his orientation

And It was really amazing to see how God who helped me when I was depressed was now using me to help others.

God bless.
Re: How God Delivered Me From Acute Depression With Just Four Words by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 29, 2019
falcon01:
I'm glad you found what worked out for you
Thanks but it didn't just work for me but it also worked for others.

God bless.
Re: How God Delivered Me From Acute Depression With Just Four Words by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 29, 2019
WinningEleven:
I am very happy you found a way out of the vicious cycle called depression Sir.
Some go in and never come out. Alive
No be small thing my brother.

I know what depression can do to someone, that's why I'm still amazed at how easy it was for God to deliver me.

And I believe He can do the same for many others.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: How God Delivered Me From Acute Depression With Just Four Words by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 29, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Great testimony sir

That's the difference between the pressures of life from the peace of Christ

I lost something recently, very painful but I kept looking unto what I really have and that's Jesus. You see when the loudest voices in our heads start ringing and no one really is saying anything what hearing that's when the true power of the Holy Spirit shows up. He just knows what you say, when to say it and how to say it and it may just be a word but it has always been the right word even at the point of lost where most break down.

He indeed gives hope to the hopeless and without Him n I don't know how others survive but I guess we are lucky.
Thanks bro.

The Truth is that God doesn't just have the solution to every problem, but He is the solution to every problem, so all it just takes is for someone to try God if everything else has failed him.

Thanks for sharing.

God bless.
Re: How God Delivered Me From Acute Depression With Just Four Words by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 29, 2019
My numerous postulations have been confirmed by this thread. Although you lied, you are still in that pitiful rut of depression.

Although religion gave you illusions of hope, it still isn't enough. You sleep and wake up on NL. Always in an argument to feel a little sane.

That is one of the ways you battle that monster called depression. Do you know what has been keeping you alive? It is that device you are holding. Lose it and you will discover that it isn't God or your Bible that is saving you.

I would advise you book an appointment with a psychotherapist. Seek help cause there will be a time, when you will no longer derive joy from the things you do today.

A therapist will help. Shalom bro, keep fighting! Don't kill yourself!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Delivered Me From Acute Depression With Just Four Words by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 29, 2019
HenryDion:
My numerous postulations have been confirmed by this thread. Although you lied, you are still in that pitiful rut of depression.

Although religion gave you illusions of hope, it still isn't enough. You sleep and wake up on NL. Always in an argument to feel a little sane.

That is one of the ways you battle that monster called depression. Do you know what has been keeping you alive? It is that device you are holding. Lose it and you will discover that it isn't God or your Bible that is saving you.

I would advise you book an appointment with a psychotherapist. Seek help cause there will be a time, when you will no longer derive joy from the things you do today.

A therapist will help. Shalom bro, keep fighting! Don't kill yourself!

1 Share

Re: How God Delivered Me From Acute Depression With Just Four Words by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 30, 2019
Thank you Father for the mighty deliverance you gave me.

For many who sought the help of so-called professionals had still committed suicide or died because of drug abuse or other depression related causes. For instance Amy Winehouse, Whitney Houston, Whitney Houston's daughter etc.

But you delivered me once and for all since the year 2002, and have also been using me to help depressed people more than the so-called professionals are able to do, even though I have not even come out yet.

You've proven that you are the solution to depression, not the so-called professionals who have failed many who put their trust in them but not in You who is the true solution to depression.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Sales Anointed Under Wears To Members With His Face Printed On Them | See / Did Jesus Christ Really Spent 3 Days In The Grave? / Image I found when I googled "Son Of Perdition" few days ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.