Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year (17920 Views)

AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] / Photos Of Salah, Mane And Aubameyang With Their Golden Boots Awards / Salah, Mane And Aubameyang Are The Top Goal Scorers In The EPL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 22, 2019
Mahrez or Mane
Cos one won the premier league and the nation cup, the other won the ucl and runner up
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by Asour: 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2019
onedayatime:

True.
To be fair enogh, you are a dumbass. What has Messi got to do with African Player of the Year award?

Title say: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year . Messi is an Argentine. An Argentine is someone from Argentina and Argentina is in South America. They have their own football association call CONMEBOL. If you want him to win CONMEBOL, then follow CONMEBOL.

No come here dey spit thrash again. Biko

Calm down.

You didn't take time to read the guy I quoted.

He said How do you win UCL and not win player of the year... He then said " Thunder fire Messi and CR7".

I.e. referring to Mane and Salah missing out on Global awards.

Sure enough they currently are the best in Africa that's not really disputable this year.
The guy I quoted lamented their loss at global/uefa awards, not this one(African). Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by OyiboPep: 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2019
onedayatime:

True.
To be fair enogh, you are a dumbass. What has Messi got to do with African Player of the Year award?

Title say: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year . Messi is an Argentine. An Argentine is someone from Argentina and Argentina is in South America. They have their own football association call CONMEBOL. If you want him to win CONMEBOL, then follow CONMEBOL.

No come here dey spit thrash again. Biko

You Sir, are an idiot.
Did you read what he mentioned?

He was replying to someone who dragged Messi and Ronaldo to a competition that doesn't concern them and he's trying to correct him.
But you came with the dumbass line.

1 Like

Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by donMIG(m): 7:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
Mane!
Outstanding!
Best African Player
Ask Messi
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by 9iceprince(m): 7:45pm On Dec 22, 2019
[quote author=Asour post=85134882]

True.

To be fair though. They(the two) weren't as effective as is thought in Liverpool's UCL win.

Calm down...

They lost half of their group fixture games in the UCL. (Including Against red star Belgrade).
They Lost the first leg against Barca in the semi-final. (A game in which both of them prominently featured).

Salah (while a good player) didn't even feature in the 2nd leg. Mane (who played) was Certainly not key in Liverpool's great comeback. (Himself missing clear-cut opportunities).
They were salvaged by their team mates (Origi & Vinny's) heroics.
Salah came to score a penalty in the final but this would not have happened without Origi's heroics previously.

Barca only lost one game in The whole UCL 2018/19.
I.e. the game against Liverpool.

No Liverpool player had 70% MOTM awards Messi had in the campaign. It's easy to say they won the Champions league.

If your analysis are considered then RONALDO should have win d award last year

1 Like

Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by OyiboPep: 8:05pm On Dec 22, 2019
[quote author=9iceprince post=85136417][/quote]
That'll further implicate Ronaldo.
Messi had the highest MOTM award last year.
Highest goal scorer everywhere except the World Cup.
Highest assist also.
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by onedayatime(m): 8:15pm On Dec 22, 2019
Asour:

Calm down.

You didn't take time to read the guy I quoted.

He said How do you win UCL and not win player of the year... He then said " Thunder fire Messi and CR7".

I.e. referring to Mane and Salah missing out on Global awards.

Sure enough they currently are the best in Africa that's not really disputable this year.
The guy I quoted lamented their loss at global/uefa awards, not this one(African). Cheers.
I have to admit, I didn't follow the trend. am so sorry for that.

Seun still have some work to do in that aspect. All related comments should be group together.

Once again am sorry

2 Likes

Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by BluntBoy(m): 8:19pm On Dec 22, 2019
We can all agree that Mane deserves it.
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by onedayatime(m): 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2019
OyiboPep:

You Sir, are an idiot.
Did you read what he mentioned?

He was replying to someone who dragged Messi and Ronaldo to a competition that doesn't concern them and he's trying to correct him.
But you came with the dumbass line.
son, you are a fool. just take it like that and don't mention daddy again. always remember to be a good boy
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by Ayobami7(m): 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2019
下一个 Mane
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by Shugargal(f): 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2019
Mane all the way... please don't rub him of that.
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by Cityfirstborn(m): 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2019
Liverpool fans and their dumbass opinion, how does winning the UCL makes you the best African player..Mahrez singlehandedly led Algeria to win the nations cup, which should be a criteria..
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by Natilolo(m): 8:57pm On Dec 22, 2019
Mane all the way. The guy is hardworking and humble.
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by kuchenpio583(m): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2019
MANE for where after wining domestic treble last year.+wining the league back to back also winimg AFCON + his free kick stop us from winimg AFCON@NIGERIA so abeg weting u stil want MAHREZ ALL THE WAY
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by Ryocaj(m): 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2019
Why is everyone saying Mane.. This is an African award.. African achievement supersedes all.. Mahrez beat Mane 2 times (group stage n final) to win d Nations cup..Mahrez should win it..They both had a good season in Europe winning multiple trophies..
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by lereinter(m): 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2019
No controversy
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by nickyvil: 9:52pm On Dec 22, 2019
Nobleking2000:
mahrez all the way how can you win the epl and afcon and not win the african footballer of the year.

if mane was that good why did epl not give him the pfl player of the season and uefa player of the year yet they found their fellow european who won the champions league and second place finish in uefa nations league to give their award to. It is high time we start valueing our african competitions to give it its worth and pedigree.

Even in europe if you want to win the uefa player of the year you are expected to win the champions league or euro before being considered for that if not for that what would have made van dirk win the award ahead of messi and ronaldo despite messi winning the world best and ballon d’or.

Who won the premier league player of the year? Olodo if not mani
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by Tchange1(m): 9:54pm On Dec 22, 2019
Mane
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by Theophinio(m): 10:02pm On Dec 22, 2019
The world is backing Mane
He will win it with a wide margin
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by LaExpert: 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2019
Jarus:
No contest here. They should just give it to Mane.

I think there's a contest though.

Salah and Mane practically had identical performances in the year, at least, in terms of goals and assists for club (League and Ucl)...and they practically won the same trophy. When we bring Afcon into it, Mahrez had a good one, going one step of winning the competition over Mane's side, beating Mane's team twice in the process and single handedly progressing his side to the finals against Nigeria. I think those performances go a long way.

Even though Salah went out in the knockout stages, he still managed 2goals in the competition, compared to the other two's 3goals in the competition despite getting to the finals. None of them won the Afcon best player by the way...and this award is supposed to be an individual award. I think they all stand a chance, though I believe Mane has done enough to take this one over the other two, just because he was more consistent. However, I won't be surprised if Salah or Mahrez takes the award.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by IAmTobore(m): 10:43pm On Dec 22, 2019
4601CE:
If this was some local NFF stuff, some assholes would start screaming islamisation because the three of them are Muslims
How old are you?
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 22, 2019
IAmTobore:
How old are you?
Go and ask your father
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by Numerouno94(m): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2019
Asour:

True.

To be fair though. They(the two) weren't as effective as is thought in Liverpool's UCL win.

Calm down...

They lost half of their group fixture games in the UCL. (Including Against red star Belgrade).
They Lost the first leg against Barca in the semi-final. (A game in which both of them prominently featured).

Salah (while a good player) didn't even feature in the 2nd leg. Mane (who played) was Certainly not key in Liverpool's great comeback. (Himself missing clear-cut opportunities).
They were salvaged by their team mates (Origi & Vinny's) heroics.
Salah came to score a penalty in the final but this would not have happened without Origi's heroics previously.

Barca only lost one game in The whole UCL 2018/19.
I.e. the game against Liverpool.

No Liverpool player had 70% MOTM awards Messi had in the campaign. It's easy to say they won the Champions league so they had a better campaign but you would have to add Salah + Mane + Firminho's goals to reach Messi's 12.

So there you have it, you decide.
Correct guy.
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by IBKdammie(f): 11:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
mane all the way♡
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by Akuruoulo(m): 11:37pm On Dec 22, 2019
StrikeBack:
Mane biko

How can you win UCL and you are not winning player of the year

Thunder fire Messi and Ronaldo
exclude RONALDO oga
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by 9iceprince(m): 2:16am On Dec 23, 2019
[quote author=OyiboPep post=85136844]
That'll further implicate Ronaldo.
Messi had the highest MOTM award last year.
Highest goal scorer everywhere except the World Cup.
Highest assist also.

So Messi that has less than 10 goals in 2017/2018 UEFA champions league is your own highest goal scorer in Champions league last year..
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by 9iceprince(m): 2:20am On Dec 23, 2019
Cityfirstborn:
Liverpool fans and their dumbass opinion, how does winning the UCL makes you the best African player..Mahrez singlehandedly led Algeria to win the nations cup, which should be a criteria..

Mr know all If it's based on Country's performance only then how come the 2018 FIFA best player is not from FRANCE
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by Unrated900(m): 3:17am On Dec 23, 2019
Mane is up to the task

He is the winner already

I rep mane
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 23, 2019
Cityfirstborn:
Mahrez singlehandedly did what, he played well yes but he didn't do anything singlehandedly abeg. Salah will win it if its truly decided by voting
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by GOOOGLE504(m): 9:01am On Dec 23, 2019
SaintHilary:
Simple Question.
Would you rather have a 2015 BMW or 2019Hyundai
Whatever your answer is should be the winner

Well since you are asking, I will definitely love to keep both
Re: Salah, Mane & Mahrez Make Top 3 Finalists For African Player Of The year by Chingykay77(m): 10:47am On Dec 23, 2019
Even with the here on Nairaland Mane don collect grin
so who the Bleep are the host not to hand it over to Mane

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Liberia: Why I Didn’t Invite Awoniyi – Rohr / How Did Real Madrid & Barcelona Perform After Ronaldo & Messi Left The Clubs? / Leicester City To Sign £15million Wilfred Ndidi In January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.