Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam (2272 Views)

Misconception: Death For Apostasy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by AloyEmeka8: 11:49pm On Nov 29, 2010
[size=14pt]Christian woman faces death for blasphemy[/size]

STR / AP

Pakistani Christian woman Asia Bibi seen at a prison in Sheikhupura near Lahore, Pakistan on Nov. 20.
By NBC's Carol Grisanti and Fakhar ur Rehman

ITTAN WALLI, Pakistan – In early November, in the dusty city of Sheikhupura in Pakistan’s heartland, Asia Bibi, an illiterate Christian woman and mother of five, was sentenced to death by hanging under the country’s blasphemy laws.
Her crime? She allegedly insulted the Prophet Muhammad.

Almost immediately, the death sentence unleashed international condemnation, and put pressure on Pakistan’s government to overturn the verdict and amend the country’s blasphemy laws – a holdover from a 19th century penal code designed to protect minority religious sects during British colonial times.
The law was radicalized during the 1980’s under the military dictatorship of General Zia ul Haq. He imposed life sentences, even death, for blasphemy to appease the mullahs and legitimize his grip on power.

Pope Benedict XVI appealed for clemency but hard-line Islamic groups have threatened civil war if the government pardons Bibi or attempts to amend the law.
Bibi’s husband, 48-year-old Ashiq Masih, is desperate, convinced radical Islamic groups are aiming to kill the family. He has gone into hiding, along with his children, sheltered inside a Christian colony in an outlying district of Sheikhupura. Masih insists his wife was framed, a victim of old score-settling in their village of Ittan Walli, where his family was just one of two Christian families.

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/11/29/5543912-christian-woman-faces-death-for-blasphemy
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by AloyEmeka8: 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2010
Why did she insult Mohammed since she knows where she lives?. May be she is looking for a reason to seek asylum in the US.
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by Ymodulus: 1:57pm On Nov 30, 2010
am not a Muslim nor part of the Christendom neither am i trying to side the Muslims but my point is in what aloy+emeka has said Y did she insult the Muslim lady?

i wished all her family were sentenced to death AND NOT ONLY HER.
Christendom of today are very   insultive. a practical example is on Nairaland
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by vedaxcool(m): 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2010
Ymodulus:

am not a Muslim nor part of the Christendom neither am i trying to side the Muslims but my point is in what aloy+emeka has said Y did she insult the Muslim lady?

You were vindicated before Night.

I wish they give her a just and fair trial, and the law must also be ameneded such that people do not make wild allegations against the innocent.
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2010
Ymodulus:

really? are u sure that this is not a biased opinion? what about the Nl muslims they are mild&soft spoken?
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 01, 2010
daylae:

dont mind the bias mind talking in disguise. We are talking of someone's life here. Such extremism and barbarism can only be found in islam and where islamic laws operates.
This' almost 100% correct. im yet to see a christian being flogged for shaving his beard or stoned to death for adultery or get amputated for breaking any laws of the bible in our present world in recent past but many eg abound in some islamic countries as at present such as insulting a dead man being regarded as a punishable offence. not mild punishment but death by hanging

How many times have we seen christians slaughtering people because of some blasphemous remarks about christ.
im yet to see one

I don't know why human lives have no meaning to muslims. You guys should stop mistaking human for sallah rams!
I dont know if u ve ever seen pictures of humans being slaughtered during religious crises
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by vedaxcool(m): 9:33am On Dec 01, 2010
Since they claim they are Ignorant:

A devout Christian who killed a man and injured his wife in a frenzied axe attack after they told him they were atheists was jailed for 18 years in Australia yesterday.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/world/archives/2004/12/24/2003216502
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by malubrain: 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2010
christians will do worse sef. the woman has no business insulting Allah and Mohammed. Let them sentence her to my bed ffor 1 month and that will be enough punishment for her.
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by seyibrown(f): 11:24pm On Dec 04, 2010
vedaxcool:

Since they claim they are Ignorant:

A devout Christian who killed a man and injured his wife in a frenzied axe attack after they told him they were atheists was jailed for 18 years in Australia yesterday.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/world/archives/2004/12/24/2003216502

. . . and what justification is available in the Christian Gospel for killing 'atheists'? What such justification did the accused present in defence of his actions?
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by Sweetnecta: 9:05pm On Dec 05, 2010
@Seyibrown: « #12 on: Yesterday at 11:16:06 PM »
[Quote]In this day and age, it is barbaric that any human being gets executed by another human being for 'insulting' anybody - dead or alive! Let the insulted fight for himself![/Quote[I take the same position as the Messenger (AS) took about people who insulted his person. No one was hurt for this. However when a person undermined Islam, working hard to hurt the system, then let him receive what he receives.

Now about let the person fights for himself; it is a noble statement, if you can apply it across the board. While Muhammad (AS) was a human being, your god Jesus was all the rage for you christians.

You cant live his defense down; from organized military to loose canon militia. we see the work of lies and liars.

Oppression is worse than killing. Always remember that, seyi. You have a god that can not defend himself even from the hands of jews. what you people resorted to was wage wars while allowing jews to oppress the innocents, too.
[/quote]
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by Seun(m): 9:08pm On Dec 05, 2010
The husband insists his wife was framed.
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by Sweetnecta: 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2010
@SEyibrown; I take the same position as the Messenger (AS) took about people who insulted his person. No one was hurt for this. However when a person undermined Islam, working hard to hurt the system, then let him receive what he receives.

Now about let the person fights for himself; it is a noble statement, if you can apply it across the board. While Muhammad (AS) was a human being, your god Jesus was all the rage for you christians.

You cant live his defense down; from organized military to loose canon militia. we see the work of lies and liars.

Oppression is worse than killing. Always remember that, seyi. You have a god that can not defend himself even from the hands of jews. what you people resorted to was wage wars while allowing jews to oppress the innocents, too.
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by benodic: 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2010
sad, very sad indeed.
the spiritual masters will shed tears seeing what man is doing to fellow man in the name of religion. where is the love? where is forgiveness?
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by seyibrown(f): 11:08pm On Dec 05, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@SEyibrown; I take the same position as the Messenger (AS) took about people who insulted his person. No one was hurt for this. However when a person undermined Islam, working hard to hurt the system, then let him receive what he receives.

[b]Have you got any information on what exactly the woman said? What part of her 'alleged' insult is an attempt to topple Islam? It is scary that in your own opinion, a poor woman who lives in some impoverished village should be put to death just for expressing her opinions about a dead man? How many times have muslims on this website referred to Jesus, Yahweh, Christians and The Holy Spirit using derogatory names? If people were to be killed for expressing a 'not very nice' opinion about others, we'd all be dead by now! Not everyone is happy to be subjected to an oppressive system which this case is an Islamic government.

Sweetnecta, just imagine that your daughter is about to be sentenced death for insulting Jesus or Yahweh!

Does Islam really save people or give them freedom? No Sweetnecta, it seeks to enslave people to the Law of sin, condemnation and death by oppression, coercion and terrorism! God almighty has given each and everyone of us FREEDOM TO CHOOSE between GOOD and EVIL! We should all be free to express our opinions and any offended persons should seek HUMANE and CONVINCING ways to CHANGE THE OPINION of that person , NOT MURDER THEM! Human beings were not created to be ROBOTS! When you choose to condemn this woman to death for insulting Mohammed or Islam, how do you expect God to treat you for insulting Jesus and Christianity because afterall your Quran says Jesus is a prophet! We will receive the same 'mercy' we show to others!  [/b]
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by Nobody: 4:00am On Dec 08, 2010
SMDH. Terrible.
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by Sweetnecta: 7:26pm On Dec 08, 2010
@Seyibrown: « #16 on: December 05, 2010, 11:08 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on December 05, 2010, 09:10 PM

Have you got any information on what exactly the woman said? What part of her 'alleged' insult is an attempt to topple Islam? It is scary that in your own opinion, a poor woman who lives in some impoverished village should be put to death just for expressing her opinions about a dead man? How many times have muslims on this website referred to Jesus, Yahweh, Christians and The Holy Spirit using derogatory names? If people were to be killed for expressing a 'not very nice' opinion about others, we'd all be dead by now! Not everyone is happy to be subjected to an oppressive system which this case is an Islamic government.[/Quote]I hope Oluwaseyi brown (Mrs. busy as a beeeeeeeeeeeeee), didnt read my above post when she was busy, the reason for an opinion different from what I actually said? My position is that of the Prophet {AS}. Even the woman who poisoned his food was let go because of her reason. A muslim who actually passed the secret of the people of Madina to the idolatry Makkans was let go for his reason. deeds are precipitated upon intentions. When it was not a matter of insurgency there should not be any harm on the woman is what I meant, my reason for using he, instead of she when it came to "undermining".

[Quote]Sweetnecta, just imagine that your daughter is about to be sentenced death for insulting Jesus or Yahweh![/Quote]I have no daughter so I cant imagine it. Imagine that!

[Quote]Does Islam really save people or give them freedom? No Sweetnecta, it seeks to enslave people to the Law of sin, condemnation and death by oppression, coercion and terrorism! God almighty has given each and everyone of us FREEDOM TO CHOOSE between GOOD and EVIL! We should all be free to express our opinions and any offended persons should seek HUMANE and CONVINCING ways to CHANGE THE OPINION of that person , NOT MURDER THEM! Human beings were not created to be ROBOTS! When you choose to condemn this woman to death for insulting Mohammed or Islam, how do you expect God to treat you for insulting Jesus and Christianity because afterall your Quran says Jesus is a prophet! We will receive the same 'mercy' we show to others![/Quote]Seyi, if you shout, falsely on top of your voice "FIRE", inside crowded London Palladium and a single soul is lost, you will be charged for murder. Same situation is guaranteed under US law. There is something called civil decorum. its an appropriate behavior expected when logical mind is being responsible in a setting. If you see a crowd of English people, and the Queen is talking to them and you walk up to her and start raining abuse on the old woman, you will see how civil white brits are; they will all change to skinheads in front of you. You will be fortunate if you tell the story inside the plane heading to Lagos, Nigeria.

Yet the Queen with all her pump and pageantry is nobody in the eye of human compared to the esteem of Muhammad (AS). Never have I insulted Yahweh, God, except the idol yahweh of jews similar to their golden calf and of the christian father who is not independent.
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by oritameta(m): 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2010
" Seyi, if you shout, falsely on top of your voice "FIRE", inside crowded London Palladium and a single soul is lost, you will be charged for murder. Same situation is guaranteed under US law. There is something called civil decorum. its an appropriate behavior expected when logical mind is being responsible in a setting. If you see a crowd of English people, and the Queen is talking to them and you walk up to her and start raining abuse on the old woman, you will see how civil white brits are; they will all change to skinheads in front of you. You will be fortunate if you tell the story inside the plane heading to Lagos, Nigeria."

"Never have I insulted Yahweh, God, except the idol yahweh of jews similar to their golden calf and of the christian father who is not independent. "

@Sweetnecta: You are very correct about 'something' called "Civil Decorum". Here is my question though: IS WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE GOOSE NOT GOOD FOR THE GANDER?

This I have asked because in your last statement you stated ", except the idol yahweh of jews similar to their golden calf and of the christian father who is not independent."

What you call an idol to another might be the only true God that such person acknowledges. Here you are expressing your opinion of the Jewish God and to a Jewish, that may as well be offensive. This is exactly what the woman whose case started this thread has done. Expressing an opinion. Now, are we not all at fault. Humans are structured to have opinions, just as we do the five senses of the human body. Civil decorum applies that you don't pass out 'gas' when your in an elevator, that you don't throw the napkin down on the dinner table and tell your host to his/her face that you've tasted the worst meal ever. That same civil decorum, applies that no matter how much low you think of another person's God, keep it to yourself because what goes around comes around.

During the ages of "land conquest" winner of the battle between two kingdoms, many terrible things happened. The greatest empires from that time did things not worth remembering. Roman, British, Mongol, Qing Empire, China, Umayyad Caliphate, Ottoman, Fatimid, Qajar ,  the list is endless. It was their business and they handled it in the best way they knew how to. We are in our own time and things and time have changed. That's why the United States did not dare appoint a governor to rule over Iraq when Saddam was captured. Remember Britain appointed a Governor over Nigeria even until as recently as 1960.

For the issue of insulting a religion to stop, civil decorum in expression of opinion should be applied by everyone in the matters of religion.
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by folushola(f): 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2010
Hmmmmmm, what a religion!!!
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by misterh(m): 4:57pm On Dec 29, 2010
As a muslim, i'll urge the people to follow wat the Quran says in chapter 49, verse 6 so dat d innocent will not suffer.
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by illusion2: 8:07am On Dec 30, 2010
This is the political side of Islam which I completely disagree with. angry

I understand passions being inflamed ,when anyone tries to denigrate what we hold dear & that is perfectly understandable,however we should never mix the law of the land with religious,personal sentiments. sad

If indeed Allah has a special place in his heart/heaven for the Holy Prophet (pbuh),then surely this woman will suffer some devastating mishap for daring to insult the prophet. angry

We cannot be dangling the hang man's noose over everyone that offends our sensibilities. shocked

It is widely known that the easiest way to start a riot in Kano is to claim someone has insulted the prophet or burnt the Koran. This Stone Age + barbaric mentality needs to stop.

Having said that ,if there is irrefutable proof that she has broken the law then she must face the music,however I pray she's granted clemency & the law is ultimately removed from the statutes.

May God that we all claim to serve help us .
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by azharuddin: 9:00am On Dec 30, 2010
illusion2:

This is the political side of Islam which I completely disagree with.  angry

It is widely known that the easiest way to start a riot in Kano is to claim someone has insulted the prophet or burnt the Koran. This Stone Age + barbaric mentality needs to stop.

Tell me brother if someone say something bad about your father, will it not hurt you? It will certainly hurt me. We muslims love our Prophet(saw) more than our parents so it will certainly hurt us. Some muslims react immaturely but that does not mean its according to the ISLAM.
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 30, 2010
@Illusion,which god are you refering to?also wanna ask,what is jesus to you,and who is he to God?
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 30, 2010
@Illusion,just wanna ask,did the Quran say we should love the prophet more than our parent?I thought Allah said he should tell us,Hes an Ordinary man like us.To me i dnt love prophet more than my parent o,eventhough i love the prophet verymuch,and it does not make me less muslim,except you give me Quran evidence for that which you qouted.
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by azharuddin: 11:11am On Dec 30, 2010
"Say: If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your kindred, the wealth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline, and the dwellings in which you delight ,  are dearer to you than Allah and His Messenger, and striving hard and fighting in His Cause , then wait until Allah brings about His Decision (torment). And Allah guides not the people who are Al-Fasiqun (the rebellious, disobedient to Allah)."
[Surat Tawbah, verse 24]

Its clearly stated in the Quran that if we love our parents, spouse and wealth more than Allah and His Messenger that we will have to face Allah's wrath.
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 30, 2010
ok,but mothers are not mentioned
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by ifyalways(f): 3:03pm On Dec 30, 2010
Reading through the article,it looks more of political than religious.IMO
One of the major problems with religion today and indeed Islam is Politics . . .
who instituted the "blasphemy laws" ? who presides over such courts?lots of questions . .  undecided
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by illusion2: 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2010
ifyalways:

Reading through the article,it looks more of political than religious.IMO
One of the major problems with religion today and indeed Islam is Politics . . .
who instituted the "blasphemy laws" ? who presides over such courts?lots of questions . .  undecided
Can't say more. Remove all the legal /politics from Islam & you have christianity, walahi !

uplawal:

@Illusion,which god are you refering to?also wanna ask,what is jesus to you,and who is he to God?
Allah,the Beneficient.

Jesus is the Son of God ,no controversy-even Anobi Mohammed (pbuh) acknowledged he's the Messiah(or why else according to the holy Quoran will He be born of a Virgin,ascend to Heaven & return on the last day  undecided undecided undecided  )

Khadijah the 'first muslim' was a confirmed catholic ,  but  we do not need to argue what you will not agree with and what I will never relent on.

Lets stick to what we all agree on - Love your neighbour as yourself. kiss kiss

I love and will continue to love muslims - my only problem as always has to do with  the 2 'Ps' - Politics and Pubic hair (for women)  tongue
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 30, 2010
some people just make me laugh,so ridiculous,.

Audhubillahi mina shaytani Rajeem,sorry i would stop comment with you ,since you call Jesus son of God
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by illusion2: 11:11pm On Dec 30, 2010
uplawal:

some people just make me laugh,so ridiculous,.

Audhubillahi mina shaytani Rajeem,sorry i would stop comment with you ,since you call Jesus son of God
Tani shaytan ? undecided

I will never call a fellow human being a devil.  angry ,I pray Allah reveals Himself to you.  cry

I didn't call Jesus ,Son of God- The Koran did.

A child is the product of a man & a woman,the Qu'ran says Jesus was born without an earthly father(Quran 19). . . so draw your own conclusions.

Its not easy to change our lifelong assumptions,but do read .

All the verses about Jesus denying he was the Son God came much later courtesy of corruption of the Holy Koran by Umar Ibn Kattab & Abu Bakr.
Re: Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam by illusion2: 5:54pm On Jan 28, 2011
hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Jibwis Host Open Air Preaching At Sani Abacha Stadium Kano State (Pics) / Did The Quran Come Down As A Complete Book? / What Farouk Preached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.