Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,038 members, 7,810,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? (7677 Views)

Top Politicians Woo Senators With $50,000 Each To Impeach Saraki - Daily Indept. / Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? / After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by debosky(m): 8:25pm On Nov 30, 2010
@ Beaf, kindly answer my question. . . .or are you unable to take a stand?
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Nsiman(m): 8:25pm On Nov 30, 2010
If u read this story over and over with understanding there are controversial statements and more. 1. We took the money to our hotel room. 2. We rejected the money at once. WHO CAN RECONCILE THAT?
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Beaf: 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2010
debosky:

@ Beaf, kindly answer my question. . . .or are you unable to take a stand?

I haven't even accepted your apology for telling lies and you're asking questions? Funny guy!
You have already admitted that you lied, abi no be so? I don't discuss with liars, cos they "stand" is worth nothing.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by debosky(m): 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2010
What did I expect from a GEJ supporter?

Simple yes or no is too difficult.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2010
Beaf:

^
Oga, how is the AK? You don polish am for 2011? You know its business time for your type na! grin

Funny guy, so being a GEJ supporter means I hold meetings with govt officials? I don't know Niboro or Orubebe, ok?

@topic
I wonder why you folk are so exercised, while in the meantime we have heard nothing from Tunde Bakare? Spooky!!!
With the way you see nothing bad about jonathan even on ocassions that the guy screws,one can simply deduce that you are on his payroll.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Beaf: 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2010
^
Ol' boy, to you everything is a screwup, sometimes I wonder if you can even price pepper in the market. cry

Nsiman:

If u read this story over and over with understanding there are controversial statements and more. 1. We took the money to our hotel room. 2. We rejected the money at once. WHO CAN RECONCILE THAT?

My guy, the story is as ridiculous as they come! Tunde Bakare is quiet as a mouse, perhaps it is for the reason that this issue might finish his carreer. It is best not to mix politics and religion, especially funny interpretations of religion. There are people who misinterprete their positions for intelligence and feel they can hoodwink everyone else. Its a shame on those creating this story, and the testimony is in their quietness.
GEJ is a gentleman, otherwise all involved in the story would have had court summons by now, so they can go and tell their ridiculous story to a judge and see what he makes of it; defamation is a very high stakes game. If Tunde Bakare or his agents talk any further rubbish, then Jonathan should do the obvious and sue the living daylight out of them.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Beaf: 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2010
Debosky!!!!
I de laugh oooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Damn! Unu go take laf kpai pesin for NL!

What can one expect from paid up GEJ haters?

[size=14pt]We Were Not Offered Bribe - - - Rev.tunde Bakare [/size]
« on: Today at 08:51:34 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rev. Tunde Bakare, senior pastor of Latter Rain Assembly, and convener of Save Nigeria Group (SNG), has denied claim by Sahara reporters that fifty thousand dollars was offered to members of the group as bribe in exchange for their support, during a recent visit with President Goodluck Jonathan. In a telephone conversation with huhuonline.com, Rev Bakare said, “we visited the president, we made our position known to him, and were offered transport money, but we rejected it,based on integrity. “It was not a bribe”, he affirmed

When asked about the alleged Fifty thousand dollars he allegedly returned to the Presidency, Mr.Tony Uranta told huhuonline.com that he did not see any money before, during or after the meeting, and that at no time was money exchanged.

Mr. Uranta lambasted the alleged bribery saga, calling it a distortion of facts.

Our checks reveal that besides Pastor Bakare, other members of SNG present at the meeting were Mr.Odumakin, Mr. Agbaje, and Mr.Adeshoye.President Jonathan`s team included Elder Peter Godsday Orubebe and Tony Uranta.

The alleged bribe giver, Elder Peter Godsday Orubebe, in press statement made available to huhuonline.com said, he had no reason to bribe Save Nigeria Group.  Elder Orubebe, who is the incumbent minister of Niger Delta Ministry, opined that “he find these allegations deeply distressing, and he is certain that the
highly respected Pastor Tunde Bakare must have been quoted out of context”

Hear him: 

“ I have read, with a deep sense of shock and disappointment, allegations made against me in an on-line medium, claiming that I attempted to bribe the leadership of the Save Nigeria Group, SNG,
after a visit with the president”.

“I find these allegations deeply distressing, and I am certain that the highly respected Pastor Tunde Bakare must have been quoted out of context. I am forced to react to these allegations only because I would consider it an insult for anyone to attempt to bribe someone of that stature, visiting with his group, and with, of all sums, 50,000
dollars”.

“True, a bribe is a bribe, no matter the sum. This is the reason why I am all the more concerned and worried about these claims. What I however find intriguing is that there is absolutely no reason to bribe the Save Nigeria Group. When the body on its own volition rose to challenge the sense of drift that had befallen the country over the illness of our late leader, Mallam Umaru Musa Yar’adua, did anyone bribe them”?

“So it is hard to believe that any right thinking person would attempt to do so now.  If a bribe is intended to induce someone to either do something, or to refrain from doing it, what in objective terms would I need to bribe the SNG for at this time”?

“This is a false story that should be dismissed by all right thinking persons”.

http://www.huhuonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2337%3Awe-were-not-offered-bribe-tunde-bakare&catid=103%3Amore-news
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by igochopurs(f): 9:19pm On Nov 30, 2010
mistermm:

HERE IS A LAWYER'S OPINION ON THE BRIBE - COPIED FROM SR.

Mr Odumakin has further thrown light on what had transpired at the meeting and after the meeting with the president. However, I have the following observations to make.

1. I still lay much of the blames on the Bakare group; this may sound surprising for doing this on someone who wanted to play the social reformer. Mr President said you should not go away for he was coming back and you sensed what was going to happen and you ran away! What was the meaning of that? Such an action looked very funny to an average observer. And how did you sense the president was about to offer you a bribe? And if that was the case and you said you did not want to embarrass the president why did you not wait for him to come back with the bribe? If that had happened you had every right and opportunity to reject such a bribe with all the politeness you could offer and, I bet you, nobody would have taken offense at that. In fact Bakare and his group would have stood tallest before the president! That is how an effective social reformer would have acted! Instead the group ran away; that was very childish.

2. And when the Bakare group got to their cars at past midnight they did not see the drivers of the cars! Are we to believe here that the drivers could have strayed far away from their cars in such a security-prone area as the Aso Rock Villa? So the story goes on to say that before the group could leave the premises Orubebe arrived with the bribe. In my view there are still some grey areas in this part of the story.

3. Mr Orubebe insisted that the group should accept the money and the group had to do this because they did not want to create a scene! I wonder what scene the story was referring to. Was it a scene not to embarrass the president which had already happened in paragraph (1) above or a scene of a scuffle between Orubebe and the group? Was Orubebe there with a gun threatening to shoot the group if it did not accept the money?

4. One thing is clear which Pastor Bakare should indeed take the rap for. The pastor is a pastor, a lawyer and social crusader. Barrister Tunde Bakare knows the implications of accepting money he believes was a bribe and whether he intends to return it later is of no consequence here since the group was not a law-enforcement agent posted to catch a criminal in the act. Pastor Tunde Bakare knows that his spiritual calling compels him never to touch bribe money even with a hundred metre pole; and this is true even if he were under threat of death from the offeror.

5. The overall story now states that the group took the money because it did not want to embarrass the president. In the view of the law, this is no defence whatsoever. The elements of the offence have been consummated and members of this group could be arraigned for that.

6. On the other hand, if the group had intended to nail the president, it had failed because the hard evidence has been lost, that is, the bribe money itself. You cannot move on a case like this with mere circumstantial evidence.

7. As it stands now, it is a case accusations, counter-accusations and denials. It is now the Bakare group's word against the presidency's word. And, naturally, the weight of veracity would tilt in favour of the presidency in view of the absence of any direct or hard evidence. In the case of doubt the benefit rests with the accused.

8. And related to (7) above would mean that the president, at his pleasure, could sue the group for defamation; and in such a case the Bakare group would not have any hard evidence to defend itself in such a suit.

9. Therefore Barrister Tunde Bakare has failed here as a lawyer and has even muddled up his spiritual calling as a pastor and a social reformer. There is a saying that if the sheep would want to grow horns then it must have to develop a strong skull to accommodate these horns. This incident should be an eye-opener to the Bakare group that, if they want to be a social critic and reformer then they must dust up everything and be at their wit's end at all times, especially with respect to the law, otherwise they could place themselves in trouble with the law. Let us pray that the presidency does not go forward to sue the group for, at least, defamation.

10. In conclusion, bribe money could have been offered and there was no doubt that the Bakare group accepted it which consummated the offence. Even though I still have my respect for the Bakare group, I should equally state that this group messed up this incident which could be enough to arraign them for the offence.

This is the best anyone can come up with, others are just talking from their backside as usual.

Can anyone dispute these points one by one? No.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by debosky(m): 9:24pm On Nov 30, 2010
So if it was 'transport money' who gave the money? Who returned it? Where was it returned?

The stories continues. . . . .
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2010
Also, did the transport money, even become tithe money or not?

How much much of the report on HUHU.com seems ripped straight from the Vanguard report on the same?
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by monkeyleg: 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2010
@Beaf,

whats has pricing pepper in the market got to do with this matter.

Anyway, we are in Warri in about 2 weeks time to shake body for Great. Make you try come, I go buy you big stout and chicken, then we can discuss this your Oga wey holy pass Pope
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Beaf: 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Beaf,

whats has pricing pepper in the market got to do with this matter.

Anyway, we are in Warri in about 2 weeks time to shake body for Great. Make you try come, I go buy you big stout and chicken, then we can discuss this your Oga wey holy pass Pope

Dude, pricing pepper requires only minimal intelligence na! Bluetooth no vex!
We for block like say I de town. I no go de dat period, so maybe anoda time (no boxing gloves allowed grin).
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by monkeyleg: 9:43pm On Nov 30, 2010
@Beaf,

When we fight finsih for here, Warri boy na Warri boy. No boxing gloves just Odeku and fowl.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Beaf: 10:06pm On Nov 30, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Beaf,

When we fight finsih for here, Warri boy na Warri boy. No boxing gloves just Odeku and fowl.

Abi o! grin
Its been very long since I spent good quality time in that town.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Abagworo(m): 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2010
Beaf:

Abi o! grin
Its been very long since I spent good quality time in that town.

You seem to be enjoying the serenity of Abuja and neglecting your hood.No wonder why you comment like them.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by kawkab: 10:58pm On Nov 30, 2010
Why did the SNG have to visit GEJ. Since Tunde Bakare is anti-government what was he looking for by visiting Jonathan. Even if they were offered bribe of $50k and they rejected it, why make it such a big fuss. Bakare sound like a man working to achieve certain aims for the opposition. Mind you I am not a Jonathan supporters, just that I am disgusted with the way the issue is being promoted.

Sahara reporter is saying SNG was offered bribe, at the same time huhuonline is saying Tunde Bakare denied that they were offered any bribe.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Nov 30, 2010
kawkab:

Why did the SNG have to visit GEJ. Since Tunde Bakare is anti-government what was he looking for by visiting Jonathan. Even if they were offered bribe of $50k and they rejected it, why make it such a big fuss. Bakare sound like a man working to achieve certain aims for the opposition. Mind you I am not a Jonathan supporters, just that I am disgusted with the way the issue is being promoted.

Sahara reporter is saying SNG was offered bribe, at the same time huhuonline is saying Tunde Bakare denied that they were offered any bribe.

Seriously, it will only take you a couple of minutes googling for to help you realize how absurd much of the claims you have up there, are.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Nsiman(m): 11:35pm On Nov 30, 2010
SNG denies $50000 bribery allegation. Huhuonline.com has it too. Check out: www.nigerdeltastandard.com/sng-denies-$50000-bribery-allegation
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by MaiSuya(m): 11:48pm On Nov 30, 2010
Nsiman:

SNG denies $50000 bribery allegation. Huhuonline.com has it too. Check out: www.nigerdeltastandard.com/sng-denies-$50000-bribery-allegation

sooooo, whats the summary of it all? that SNG were offered and then rejected the said money but, they insist, it wasn't a bribe. pray, what the heck was it then?

oh yeah i remember now: 'transport money'. . .SMBH undecided

Rev. Tunde Bakare, senior pastor of Latter Rain Assembly, and convener of Save Nigeria Group (SNG), has denied claim by Sahara reporters that fifty thousand dollars was offered to members of the group as bribe in exchange for their support, during a recent visit with President Goodluck Jonathan. In a telephone conversation with huhuonline.com, Rev Bakare said, “we visited the president, we made our position known to him, and were offered transport money, but we rejected it,based on integrity. “It was not a bribe”, he affirmed
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by mekaboy(m): 1:01am On Dec 01, 2010
[b] I AM NOT A GEJ SUPPORTER, BUT I MUST SAY "THE $50,000 IS NOT BRIBE" AND ITS A SAD THING FOR THE SNG TO SAY GEJ BRIBED THEM.

IF YOU VISIT A RICH MAN AND HE OFFERS YOU A DRINK WORTH $50,000 AND YOU  DRINK IT, WILL YOU CALL IT BRIBE?

IF A PASTOR VISITS YOU IN YOUR HOUSE, AND WHEN HE IS ABOUT TO LEAVE, U SAY PASTOR WAIT I AM COMING, YOU GO AND BRING AN ENVELOPE AND GIVE TO HIM, IS IT BRIBE ?

FOR THE FACT THAT A GROUP WAS GIVEN ACCESS TO THE PRESENCE OF THE PRESIDENT, ITS ONLY NORMAL THAT THEY DONT GO EMPTY HANDED.

WE AS HUMANS WORSHIP THE KING OF KINGS, WHEN WE GO INTO HIS PRESENCE, WE EXPECT A MIRACLE DONT WE?

PLEASE, WHY WILL A KIND ACT FROM GEJ BE USED AGAINST HIM?

EVEN IF A STUDENT UNION GROUP IS GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT GEJ IN ASO ROCK FOR ANY REASON, IF HE GIVES THEM AN ENVELOPE $50,000 IS IT BRIBE?

WHATS SO SPECIAL ABOUT THIS ONE?

IF THEY DID NOT WANT THE MONEY, THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN TOUCHED IT, THEY WOULD HAVE SIMPLY  TOLD THE MAN THAT BROUGHT IT TO SAY THANKS TO THE PRESIDENT BUT THEY ARE OK , AND LATER CALL TO TELL THE PRESIDENT THEY ARE GLAD FOR THE GIFT BUT THEY CANT RECEIVE IT.

[/b]
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Becomrich11: 2:18am On Dec 01, 2010
It depend on how it was given.

Normally in Nigeria, when you go visit anyone. They give you something when you leave, if you are a pastor.
Now did Pastor bakare go there as a pastor? you need to ask that question.

But if anyone , mostly children  go to any house in nigeria, the older person normally give them money . When a pastors goes to most houses. 90% of the time. They give him something. Mostly money. Even if an imam goes to a house, they give him money. It is a culture in Nigeria.

The pastors must not reject the gift except if he thinks it was illegally gotten or some other reason. He must accept it. This is what the bible says.

but normally when  a pastor or imam  goes to the presidency following the culture of Nigeria, the nigeria president offer them gift. The issue is, Jonathan can give a charity body
In nigeria people buy cars and even build houses for pastors. If he want. Nothing is legally wrong with it. Jonathan may have also given it directly to Pastor bakare because he is a pastor.  So you can look at it from many angle.
Even if Pastor Bakare as gone there alone. The normal nigeria culture to do is offer Pastor bakare a gift. Pastor 99% of the times are given gift sometime money in Nigeria.

In that given, a pastor must not ask people to give him, which is what we now see, people even making claim God is the one telling them to buy cars for them.

Now you have to hear from Pastor bakare to know if Jonathan was trying to bribe them. ?? Not until you hear or watch video from him. before you draw your conclusion.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by mekaboy(m): 3:06am On Dec 01, 2010
UNTIL I HEAR OR READ OTHERWISE, I WILL DRAW MY CONCLUSION BASED ON WHAT IS POSTED. LETS TAKE THE PASTOR ISSUE ASIDE.

THEY WENT AS A GROUP, ITS NORMAL FOR THE PRESIDENT TO GIVE A GIFT AS A GROUP, EVEN WHEN GROUPS VISIT GOVERNORS THEY ARE GIVEN GIFTS ESPECIALLY MONEY.

THE SAME $50,000 HE GAVE TO THEM , HE WOULD HAVE GIVEN TO ANY OTHER GROUP, WHATS SPECIAL ABOUT THIS GROUP?
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Nobody: 5:27am On Dec 01, 2010

a flight from abuja to lagos two way comes to some n 40,000. assuming there were 10 people in the delegation - 400,000. allow some 100,000 for hiring a bus from airport to aso rock(not logical considering the fact they were probably picked up )

leaves us with at least 7 million. i guess the 7 million is contingency - in case the plane does not take off.

seriously, is this the best tem gej can come up with? this is even more damning. it paints gej as a fool who will take nigeria to financial ruin. come to think of it , do we buy plane tickets in dollars in nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy. abi the 'transport money' is for a trip to dubai patience style cheesy cheesy
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Nobody: 5:47am On Dec 01, 2010
Motives for visiting President Goodluc[/b]k: To present their position on key National Issues

[b]Reasons for leaving with money:
First of all, at no time did any of the SNG members, Tunde Bakare, Odumakin and Abagje acdcept the money. They did not collect the Money, Tony Uranata who was given the money folllowed them with ot to the hotel, all you who are screaming about theri reason for not wanting to create a scene have never been to the Villa. There are 3 major gates in the Villa, you have to get clearance to pass through all, drivers are usually stopped at the third or second gate depending on how important the personalities are. It is when you are finished that you will call your driver to drive down and pick you. So i guess They presented the money wile they were waiting for the drivers to drive down, and not wanting to create a scene i understand because there are over 500 security men, Police, SSS, Soldiers etc outside the main presidential villa where the meeting would have held. Imagine Arguing in front of all these Police men and SSS, Pastor Tunde Bakare Standing there arguing with Uranta or Orubebe, it would have indeed created a scene.
I understand the SNG point of view.
We should stop trying to shift the focus. Transport money whatever, i wonder how many civil societies and groups daily recieve transport money when they visit the Villa. When you receieve that kind of money you have lost the moral right to be objective, Thats why they rejected the money, no wonder my collegues struggle to be included in such visits, on TV appearing to fight for the Masses but only going to Villa to recieve transport Money. I commend SNG for bringing this to lime light, other pastors, Civil societies and bodies who daily trop in no more transport money, enough is enough, these are the little things that drain our economy, how many people visit Villa each day and how many $50k transport do we give out everyday? these are questions we should be asking not the motive of people who rejected this ungodly money and brought this issue to light for us to know. We must fight curroption by cleaning up our acts
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by mystikal(m): 6:24am On Dec 01, 2010
Where is Wikileaks when you need them.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 01, 2010
ROTFLMAO
Oh, the SNG is now denying the $50000 bribe/gift??
I thought I heard and also wrote earlier that the money cannot be accounted for.

No be naija be this??
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by princekevo(m): 6:54am On Dec 01, 2010
aisha2:

Motives for visiting President Goodluc[/b]k: To present their position on key National Issues

First of all, at no time did any of the SNG members, Tunde Bakare, Odumakin and Abagje acdcept the money. They did not collect the Money, Tony Uranata who was given the money folllowed them with ot to the hotel, all you who are screaming about theri reason for not wanting to create a scene have never been to the Villa. There are 3 major gates in the Villa, you have to get clearance to pass through all, drivers are usually stopped at the third or second gate depending on how important the personalities are. It is when you are finished that you will call your driver to drive down and pick you. So i guess They presented the money wile they were waiting for the drivers to drive down, and not wanting to create a scene i understand because there are over 500 security men, Police, SSS, Soldiers etc outside the main presidential villa where the meeting would have held. Imagine Arguing in front of all these Police men and SSS, Pastor Tunde Bakare Standing there arguing with Uranta or Orubebe, it would have indeed created a scene.
We should stop trying to shift the focus. Transport money whatever, i wonder how many civil societies and groups daily recieve transport money when they visit the Villa. When you receieve that kind of money you have lost the moral right to be objective, Thats why they rejected the money, no wonder my collegues struggle to be included in such visits, on TV appearing to fight for the Masses but only going to Villa to recieve transport Money. I commend SNG for bringing this to lime light, other pastors, Civil societies and bodies who daily trop in no more transport money, enough is enough, these are the little things that drain our economy, how many people visit Villa each day and how many $50k transport do we give out everyday? these are questions we should be asking not the motive of people who rejected this ungodly money and brought this issue to light for us to know. We must fight curroption by cleaning up our acts

Preach on lady!!! transportation My foot.

The same transportation money tht the poor students in my school days will demonstrate to the state government house,  with anger for our Ill-equip ed school. On reaching Govt. Housed our SUG  executives will go in with the governor to receive transportation funds and that is the end of all our struggles. I can still remember us beating up the SUG president in font of Abia State Government house for such madness and betrayal the day we got tired of it.

Such attitudes are common with our leaders, and must be stopped. If Bakare indeed accepted there was such as transportation money offered to them which they rejected. It is nothing but bribery, becoz we all know what it means when a Nigerian politician is offering you the so called transportation fund or Gift.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by igochopurs(f): 6:58am On Dec 01, 2010
aisha2:

So, because thery dont want to embarass anyone, they took the money, and left with it, opened the envelope, counted it, and then called Tony, called Orubebe, put him on speaker phone and told him they were returning the money? How daft.

Why did they collect it in the first instance? Ok- so if the argument is true- they were bribed, it means, they actually then took the bribe and lateron thought against it, which makes them the more guilty - isint it? whether they returned it or not being immaterial.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Nsiman(m): 7:00am On Dec 01, 2010
The real insider pastor Bakare has denied money exchanging hands during and after their meeting with gej. My question is how come the alleged $50,000 bribe given to sng? This SNG shld grant real nigerian press a briefing on this issue not online media
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Kobojunkie: 7:01am On Dec 01, 2010
igochopur$:

So, because thery dont want to embarass anyone, they took the money, and left with it, opened the envelope, counted it, and then called Tony, called Orubebe, put him on speaker phone and told him they were returning the money? How daft.

Why did they collect it in the first instance? [/b]Ok- [b]so if the argument is true- they were bribed, it means, they actually then took the bribe and lateron thought against it, which makes them the more guilty - isint it? whether they returned it or not being immaterial.

You really have nothing reasonable to add, do you? ROFLMAO!!
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by princekevo(m): 7:08am On Dec 01, 2010
OMO IBO:

ROTFLMAO
Oh, the SNG is now denying the $50000 bribe/gift??
I thought I heard and also wrote earlier that the money cannot be accounted for.

No be naija be this??
Let us stop being Naive. You want Bakare to interpret to you what transport money means for Nigeria politicians.
Where have you even seen anyone giving you bribe and calling it bribe? No body has denied anything. Bakare accepted indeed someone offered them Transportation money which they rejected. He used the word transportation money becos that is what it was called by the giver. As a straight foward and intelligent person he used the exact word from the giver. But we Nigerians knows what it means, when government is offering you transportation money.
Unless Jonathan want to tell us that a man in the position of Tunde Bakare, who transported himself, and his group to Aso rock could not transport himself back. Or are we to believe that in Bakare's heart of hearts he knew that the offer was indeed for their transportation fund and his group still rejected it.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by HUMANITYY: 7:50am On Dec 01, 2010
this is the reason i hate people who claim to represent God but still swim in their wives. we all are aware that when ever a group pays visit to the state house, companies, be it any institution, when they are about to leave the visited institution do offer them gift, is this what the so called man of God and his group called bribe, why is Nigerians always like tarnishing other Nigerians image, please I need the pastor to scan a copy of their speech they presented to Mr President let know their mission to Aso rock, we talk as if we do not know that Most Nigerian pastors a synonymous with appeal for fund in different forms, Pastor Tunde Bakare, pls give us your speech to Mr president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Name His Goat Jonathan. See pic. / Aisha Buhari To Host West African First Ladies / Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.