Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? (7679 Views)

Top Politicians Woo Senators With $50,000 Each To Impeach Saraki - Daily Indept. / Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? / After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by hakanai(m): 8:07am On Dec 01, 2010
Please people can someone explain to me what in Allah's name Minister Godsday Orubebe is doing in the villa while he should be attending to the pressing issues sparking up the current militancy resurgence. lipsrsealed
Should he be in Abuja campaigning and flashing same funds meant for the National development especially the ND.Typical of the PDP.Anyway what good would ever come out of PDP. shocked
Even FCT minister has changed to a full GEJ campaign co-ordinator.what nonsense.The country is crumbling and the people at the head are all over doing the GEJ/PDP/Minister bids.sad! sad!! cry
Pleassssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee country needs attentionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! undecided
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by igochopurs(f): 8:20am On Dec 01, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You really have nothing reasonable to add, do you? ROFLMAO!!

This i.d.iot  has come again. Lets look at your contributions and try to pick anything reasonable out of them all, nothing. Who the f are you to talk to everyone the way you talk? Scumbag? I bet you are a donkey in the real world just as you are on NairaLand. If i dont have nothing reasonable to add, who chose you as the teacher to mark scripts? No wonder everyone on NL hates you to the highest heavens. Dont go find life outside that silly programming job where you are nothing but redundant. Goat.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by HUMANITYY: 8:30am On Dec 01, 2010
[b]Tunde Bakare and some other pastors like him are the problems in nigeria society today, is never done like this here, but in nigeria if a pastor hit your car the police will not do anything, they will tell you is a man of God leave him, if not man of God they will open case file, why do most Nigerians worship pastors, you give them 10% of your income for given you what? nothing. but Government provide you road, security, economical stability but only ask in return for this just 5% of your income in other to do more but you don`t pay. pastors wed people without tax clearance all in the effort to sabotage the economy(govt) so people will be plunge into hardship in other to continue to visit them for solution which they never offer. If you I talk about bad behavior of a man of God, my Mum will try to pass this idea of TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTING AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM, this phrase is madness when a man of God break the the law of the land, he or she is not punished,( they insulted the President) Nigerians do u know that the most expensive universities in nigeria are owned and run by so so called men of god (i have to use small g cause that what most of them worship) this universities were built with you generous offerings and donations from the poor, rich, widows and orphans and then on completion is meant for solely for the rich and super rich, how do they help you?, why do you still regard them why? government is all about humanity  and some churches are all about religion, churches in nigeria have robbed govt so much, if you are unemployed in nigeria do you pay anytime to govt the answer is capital NO but go to churches were you where given hope of your unseen miracles on the way, you see the unemployed brothers and sisters/brethren donating generous for jobless men you claim to represent God.
lets face the fact most of our grand and great grand parents where trained by the missionaries freely but name one church in nigeria today that has a tuition free school even kg or nursery not to mention college of university, Tunde Bakare and some pastors like him in nigeria am so disappointed in you people. this a mans kind heart you pay with evil what you sore shall you reap. AMEN you preach that.
can we have a topic about RELIGION AND HUMANITY here so we can let Nigerian understand that if we all give generously to our selves not pastors poverty will be eliminated private owned and family churches will close down, there is the song by church that if you are not in good terms with you brother, please do not give offering cause God only accept gift from clean minds, Tunde Bakare and co do you still sing this song in your various churches in nigeria.
[/b]
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by princekevo(m): 9:33am On Dec 01, 2010
Dose of craps. This is not a religious matter, but politcal. What concern governement with what individuals does with their private income. You are whining about people not paying tax of 5% but pays Tithe as if it is the duty of pastors to effect the tax returns or they preached against their member paying tax to the government.

The Bakare and SNG who faught tooth and nail during Yaradua's health Saga and we appluaded them for their uprightness. Suddenly they have turned to the worst group in Nigerian just becoz your Joseph has finally emerged as a president. So you expect them to change their standard.

I dont see why you are blaming Tunde Bakare in this case. They man has said the truth that indeed they were offered transportation money, which you accepted is right in you first comment. Now you turns to blame him again becoz many Nigerians believe there is nothing as such as transport money. They are all seen as bribery and corruption. For a long time this has been a means of bribing every group or organisation who visit government house with genuine proposals and should be stopped.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 01, 2010
princekevo, alright, swap bribe with gift, transportation money, tithe. . .anything you want.
Fact is they are denying it.

Please note: at no point have I accused anyone of any wrong doing.

But wait ooo, who counted the money and confirmed it was $50,000?? Surely, Orubebe or whoever offered the money  couldn't have said 'please take this $50,000 as  gift/transport fare'. Also, '$50,000' couldn't have been written on the brown envelope. . .LOL
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by BlackRevo: 9:43am On Dec 01, 2010
OMO IBO:

princekevo, alright, swap bribe with gift, transportation money, tithe. . .anything you want.

But wait ooo, who counted the money and confirmed it was $50,000?? Surely, Orubebe or whoever offered the money  couldn't have said 'please take this $50,000 as  gift/transport fare'. Also, '$50,000' couldn't have been written on the brown envelope. . .LOL

I dey laugh grin grin . . . they even know that it came in $100 bills and five bundles and yet they did not accept the bribe. cheesy cheesy
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by 9ijaMan: 10:01am On Dec 01, 2010
OMO IBO:

Black_Revo:

I dey laugh    grin  grin . . . they even know that it came in $100 bills and five bundles and yet they did not accept the bribe.   cheesy  cheesy

Sometimes I wonder why it appears people think through their anus. How difficult is it to count 50K dollars? What has the counting of the money got to do with the fact that it was an act of bribery? If the SNG guys have not stated the actual amount, it's people like you who would make outrageous comments doubting the authenticity of the story. Now they have given the actual figures and even clearly given how the whole scandalous event took place, yet you still doubt. Orubebe (GEJ and the rest of their team) have not denied they offered the money. The bone of contention is how will a sane Nigerian classify such a largess (Gift, Tithe or Bribe). 

Let's call a spade by its true name "SPADE". There is no gain saying and no matter how hard GEJ cronies try to come up with flimsy excuses, GEJ stumbled once again and has soiled the position he occupies by attempting to lure SNG to support his presidential bid with a BRIBE of $50,000.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Oxygenmayo(m): 10:04am On Dec 01, 2010
Nope, it aint bribe, it is a complimentary gift for 'works' welldone, Every member of SNG should wake up from their slumber lest they pollute their self acclaimed 'save' Nigeria group, I am pretty sure GEJ has better meaning to the $50k he gave the group, I hail thee wink wink wink Nigerians,
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by igochopurs(f): 10:12am On Dec 01, 2010
9ijaMan:

Sometimes I wonder why it appears people think through their anus. How difficult is it to count 50K dollars? What has the counting of the money got to do with the fact that it was an act of bribery? If the SNG guys have not stated the actual amount, it's people like you who would make outrageous comments doubting the authenticity of the story. Now they have given the actual figures and even clearly given how the whole scandalous event took place, yet you still doubt. Orubebe (GEJ and the rest of their team) have not denied they offered the money. The bone of contention is how will a sane Nigerian classify such a largess (Gift, Tithe or Bribe). 

Let's call a spade by its true name "SPADE". There is no gain saying and no matter how hard GEJ cronies try to come up with flimsy excuses, GEJ stumbled once again and has soiled the position he occupies by attempting to lure SNG to support his presidential bid with a BRIBE of $50,000.

and why are you so sure you are the right one here? All your argument is pointing to the fact that a bribe was given as if you were the Orubebe or even the Tony guy, or at best you are Bakare. You want us to accept your argument but you find it hard to accept the argument of others, why dont you go to court?
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 01, 2010
ROTFLMAO

9ijaMan, just before you slit your wrist I'd like to bring your attention to the humour in my comment.

Ok, let's get a little serious now.

You shot urself in the foot by making this comment: 'Orubebe (GEJ and the rest of their team) have not denied they offered the money.'

I'm sure you'd find a comment by Orubebe denying the allegation. It is somewhere on Nairaland. Even, Bakare himself has denied being offered money.

My guy, make you relax before your burst a nerve.

NOTE: 9ijaMan, the answer to the dross u submitted can be found in pages 1, 2, and 3 of this thread. If you had read the articles and understood them I don't think you'd have made those comments.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by mymoto(m): 10:25am On Dec 01, 2010
there is fire on the mountain and no one seems to be on the run.there is fire on the mountain top and no one cares(song by my sister)
this is a scandal and evil plan to rubbish GEJ.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by juman(m): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2010
“After the meeting with the President, he left the wing where we met for another [wing] and said ‘please don't go yet I'm coming’. Sensing what that could [mean] we headed for our cars…We would have left before Orubebe emerged from the president with a brown envelope but for the fact that the drivers were not allowed to stay in the cars.”

Just $50,000 to bribe SNG? No.
This is not a bribe. It’s certainly a gift.  It’s not bad to visit a rich man and give you some amount of money as gift.
If it was a bribe President Jonathan supposed not to be directly involved and the money supposed to be more than that.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by bignaija(m): 11:43am On Dec 01, 2010
whatever
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by princekevo(m): 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2010
OMO IBO:

ROTFLMAO

You shot urself in the foot by making this comment: 'Orubebe (GEJ and the rest of their team) have not denied they offered the money.'

I'm sure you'd find a comment by Orubebe denying the allegation. It is somewhere on Nairaland. Even, Bakare himself has denied being offered money.
Man you are the one who just shut yourself in the foot.

Rev. Tunde Bakare, senior pastor of Latter Rain Assembly, and convener of Save Nigeria Group (SNG), has denied claim by Sahara reporters that fifty thousand dollars was offered to members of the group as bribe in exchange for their support, during a recent visit with President Goodluck Jonathan. In a telephone conversation with huhuonline.com, Rev Bakare said, “we visited the president, we made our position known to him, and were offered transport money, but we rejected it,based on integrity. “It was not a bribe”, he affirmed

That was a news posted by beef probably you did not read that . Bakare never denied anything, but merely said they were not offered any bribe, but transport money. And you are here saying no money was offered.If you expect him to tell you they were offered bribe, then you must be naive.

The question is, if indeed Bakare in his heart tooks this  to be a transport money and why was it rejected, based on Integrity? How many times have you seen people rejecting a gift from politicians, if not when they think it is more than a gift which might in future dent their integrity.

And mind you whether it is a gift, transportion money, Christmas whatever should be stopped. If every groups that visits Aso rock goes back home with $50k as transportation money. How much will Jonathan spend in year just for such transportation bullsh.its. 'We should not forget that getting more kpomo is always from the Cow and is very painful to the Cow.'
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by BlackRevo: 12:21pm On Dec 01, 2010
princekevo:

Man you are the one who just shut yourself in the foot.

That was a news posted by beef probably you did not read that . Bakare never denied anything, but merely said they were not offered any bribe, but transport money. And you are here saying no money was offered.If you expect him to tell you they were offered bribe, then you must be naive.

The question is, if indeed Bakare in his heart tooks this  to be a transport money and why was it rejected, based on Integrity? How many times have you seen people rejecting a gift from politicians, if not when they think it is more than a gift which might in future dent their integrity.

And mind you whether it is a gift, transportion money, Christmas whatever should be stopped. If every groups that visits Aso rock goes back home with $50k as transportation money. How much will Jonathan spend in year just for such transportation bullsh.its. 'We should not forget that getting more kpomo is always from the Cow and is very painful to the Cow.'

Please where did you get your $50,000 number you have been throwing around? undecided . They were given transport money in a brown envelop and nowhere did they mention the exact amount, please you guys should stop spreading falsehood because you hate goodluck.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by BlackRevo: 12:23pm On Dec 01, 2010
9ijaMan:

Did bakare or save nigeria group ever mentioned the exact amount or where did you get your $50,000 from?

I dey laugh anyway grin
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Beaf: 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2010
9ijaMan:

Dude, you are damn funny! What a wretched peace of logic! shocked
Tunde Bakare has stated very clearly that:
[list]
[li]they were only offered transport fare[/li]
[li]at no time did money exchange hands[/li]
[/list]

Charlie, if money never exchanged hands, how was it counted? Are you saying Tunde Bakare is a serious winsh that can count what he hasn't even seen? Dude, that puts the $50,000.00 figure in the realm of street corner, alaye style "deduction." Surely not something for the educated!

If the money was never seen or exchanged, how come it was "known" to be in 5 bundles of $100 dollar bills? Na wa! So you mean Tunde Bakare has some wicked okija style winshcraft that see visions of the unknown? Why didn't the visions show him Naira or Pound Sterling instead, why Dollars? Dude, its a mystery! Its a miracle!

All hail Sahara Reporters for supplying us with "details!" And all hail our wretched educational system for producing low quality goods that ain't fit for purpose.

I de laugh o!
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2010
the sad thing is most of these hypocrites blathering about gift vs bribe, how much is 50k, would be spamming nl with big fonts if it was ibb/buhari/saraki/ anyone but gej.

disgraceful bunch of double talking twats

later these noise makers will be whining about corruption in nigeria
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by redsun(m): 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2010
That is how d bulk of our money goes,miscellaneous expenditures,just like they bribe the press in naija.Irresponsible and corrupt management.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2010
Beaf:

[list]
[/list]

Charlie, if money never exchanged hands, how was it counted? Are you saying Tunde Bakare is a serious winsh that can count what he hasn't even seen? Dude, that puts the $50,000.00 figure in the realm of street corner, alaye style "deduction." Surely not something for the educated!

If the money was never seen or exchanged, how come it was "known" to be in 5 bundles of $100 dollar bills? Na wa! So you mean Tunde Bakare has some wicked okija style winshcraft that see visions of the unknown? Why didn't the visions show him Naira or Pound Sterling instead, why Dollars? Dude, its a mystery! Its a miracle!

All hail Sahara Reporters for supplying us with "details!" And all hail our wretched educational system for producing low quality goods that ain't fit for purpose.

I de laugh o!

keep laughing, dubious hypocrite - i wonder if obama offers transport fare to people who visit him. maybe you can post links .

you keep spamming nl with your lies about your breath of fresh air president, and this is the best you can come up with as an excuse for a botched attempt to compromise sng's integrity

are you sure you actually saw the four walls of a classroom in a tertiary institution, or should we give you a crash course in ethics 101 so you sine you fail to discern that this is black and white, no gray anywhere

or do you think we are all simpletons - i wonder why you wee not defending amos adamu - who wanted the money for 'astro turf' .
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Beaf: 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2010
^
Next time you need the definition of fool, simply look in the mirror. You couldn't even tackle one thing I said. I know its an "ability" thing sha . . .Just too donkey brained. grin
Its so funny that you have not a single strand of logic in you. My arguments are way superior to anything you can muster, so you turn to the gutter for inspiration as usual!

All hail foolish people! grin
All hail agbero's! grin
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by debosky(m): 12:46pm On Dec 01, 2010
Beaf:

[list]
[/list]

Slow your roll dude. . . .while he did say he was 'offered', he did not elaborate on the circumstances of the offer, how/who made the offer, when the offer was rejected and what not.

Unless you are privy to some interview with Bakare when he clearly described what occurred. you're delving into wild speculation.

The only 'fact' you can claim is that Bakare said it was not a bribe. While this might have been his own interpretation, we all know that 'nothing goes for nothing' in Nigerian politics.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2010
Just for the record, I am not pointing fingers at anyone.

Princekevo, the comment you quoted was in response to 9jaman's post which was directed at me. Admittedly, I should've added 'in the form of bribe' at the end of the sentence but since we were talking about money changing hands, I thought I'd leave it out. So yes there was an alleged  exchange of $50,000. The motive and the alleged exchange of the money is being denied by both factions.

Pastor Bakare,  a fearless man with a huge reputation to uphold should've rejected the money right there and then regardless of what scene would've been created or prying eyes and magnifying lenses. This is where I believe he got it wrong.

Again, I am not pointing fingers instead I am just picking holes from the stories.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Beaf: 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2010
debosky:

Slow your roll dude. . . .while he did say he was 'offered', he did not elaborate on the circumstances of the offer, how/who made the offer, when the offer was rejected and what not.

Unless you are privy to some interview with Bakare when he clearly described what occurred. you're delving into wild speculation.

The only 'fact' you can claim is that Bakare said it was not a bribe. While this might have been his own interpretation, we all know that 'nothing goes for nothing' in Nigerian politics.

Maybe you missed that money never exchanged hands (which is too be expected from a mere offer, abi unu get anoda definition of "offer?"wink. So explain the magical feats of divining that it was 50,000.00 and it was Dollars and it was in 100 bills and it was in 5 bundles.

I am waiting, cos it seems like voodoo logic is becoming the order of the day on NL.

. . .Land of comedy! grin grin
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by debosky(m): 1:01pm On Dec 01, 2010
Beaf:

Maybe you missed that[b] money never exchanged hands[/b] (which is too be expected from a mere offer, abi unu get anoda definition of "offer?"wink. So explain the magical feats of divining that it was 50,000.00 and it was Dollars and it was in 100 bills and it was in 5 bundles.

I am waiting, cos it seems like voodoo logic is becoming the order of the day on NL.

. . .Land of comedy! grin grin

Did Bakare explicitly say 'money never exchanged hands'?

we visited the president, we made our position known to him, and were offered transport money, but we rejected it,based on integrity. “It was not a bribe”

If that is all he said - I don't see any mention of 'money not exchanging hands' in that brief comment.

We need to understand what exactly happened before examining whether it was $50,000 or 20 naira.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Kgdavid(m): 1:06pm On Dec 01, 2010
well there are so many loose ends on this story but i will draw the conclusions that since
1.sng has denied ever receiving any money, the amount beiong quoted might not be the actual amount offered.
2. sng might have misunderstood the offer of transport money as a bribe and thus misrepresented it to the media until that lawyer guy came up with the those embarrassing eight points coupled with the vehemnt denial from GEJ's people. this theory is supported by the fact that sng took days to clarify the fact that they did not ever collect any money nor did was the money offered a bribe.

it is therefore highly likely that sng were indeed offered some amount of cash as transport money(practically goodwill money) which, due to their misplaced sense of political relevance, they misconstrued to be a bribe amd then realising their mistake have finally come out to clear the issue.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Beaf: 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2010
debosky:

Did Bakare explicitly say 'money never exchanged hands'?

If that is all he said - I don't see any mention of 'money not exchanging hands' in that brief comment.

We need to understand what exactly happened before examining whether it was $50,000 or 20 naira.

Except the definition of "offer" has changed, then money never exchanged hands. Its as simple as 2 + 2,
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Beaf: 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2010
Kgdavid:

well there are so many loose ends on this story but i will draw the conclusions that since
1.sng has denied ever receiving any money, the amount beiong quoted might not be the actual amount offered.
2. sng might have misunderstood the offer of transport money as a bribe and thus misrepresented it to the media until that lawyer guy came up with the those embarrassing eight points coupled with the vehemnt denial from GEJ's people. this theory is supported by the fact that sng took days to clarify the fact that they did not ever collect any money nor did was the money offered a bribe.

it is therefore highly likely that sng were indeed offered some amount of cash as transport money(practically goodwill money) which, due to their misplaced sense of political relevance, they misconstrued to be a bribe.

You have a very reasonable take on the matter.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2010
igochopur$:

and why are you so sure you are the right one here? All your argument is pointing to the fact that a bribe was given as if you were the Orubebe or even the Tony guy, or at best you are Bakare. You want us to accept your argument but you find it hard to accept the argument of others, why dont you go to court?
In as much as there is no need to argue with you because you have already twisted ur logic, i say this for record purposes. None of the SNG members collected the money or even counted it. Tony followed them with the money to the hotel, showed dthem which is easy for anybody to guess when you see 100$ bills in five bundles, you will know its fifty thousand u dont need to count it. Tony showed them they called orubebe put him on speaker and told him they were sending the money back. Main point, they did not collect money or accept a bribe/ transport money/ lunch money. They sent it back
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by debosky(m): 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2010
Beaf:

Except the definition of "offer" has changed, then money never exchanged hands. Its as simple as 2 + 2,

If the offer was nor 'rejected' till they got to the hotel, or after it was seen/counted, then of what value is this 'money never exchanged hands' mantra?

If you read what aisha2 just posted, that is a reasonable hypothesis of what happened. . . ,they saw the money in bundles, decided not to accept it and so the 'story' of 50k could still be valid.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Beaf: 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2010
debosky:

If the offer was nor 'rejected' till they got to the hotel, or after it was seen/counted, then of what value is this 'money never exchanged hands' mantra?

If you read what aisha2 just posted, that is a reasonable hypothesis of what happened. . . ,they saw the money in bundles, decided not to accept it and so the 'story' of 50k could still be valid.

Are you saying thenn, that Tunde Bakare and SNG are bribe takers, who probably counted some amount of money, misconstrued its puropse, felt it was too low for what they had in mind and then rejected it? That is the only logic that can come out of the above. You do not reject an offer after counting money and then claim holiness. In any event, I do not believe anything of the sort happened, they were offered money, not that they were in a negotiation that they had to count anything.

They could not have seen the money in bundles and magically "known" it was $50,000.00, except they have xray vision or are into serious jass; not just the amount, but the money being in $100 bills only and excluding other denominations; also, they wouldn't have been able to tell if currencies were mixed. In short, if na jass, then they need to patent it.

Your argument falls flat on every count. The whole story was made up.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by BlackRevo: 2:28pm On Dec 01, 2010
aisha2:

In as much as there is no need to argue with you because you have already twisted your logic, i say this for record purposes. None of the SNG members collected the money or even counted it. Tony followed them with the money to the hotel, showed dthem which is easy for anybody to guess when you see 100$ bills in five bundles, you will know its fifty thousand u dont need to count it. Tony showed them they called orubebe put him on speaker and told him they were sending the money back. Main point, they did not collect money or accept a bribe/ transport money/ lunch money. They sent it back

So we should accept your guessing assumption as the truthful order of event? undecided

They could have simply stopped the tony guy before getting to their hotel and ask him to go back without trying to look at what is inside the envelop. Then they can give a call to other presidential aids during the meeting that tony is coming back with the brown envelop simple as ABC. This kind Nigeria proof of integrity na real wa oooo . . . the thing just dey make me[b] laugh[/b] for here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Rescue 10 Kidnap Victims In Ekiti / Senate Approves N189bn Budget For INEC / Gas Dispute: Creditors May Go After Nigeria’s Eurobond Custodian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.