Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,263 members, 7,864,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:04 PM

Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. (802 Views)

Wike: National Assembly Is A Mere Rubber Stamp / $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate / Speaker:femi Gbajabiamila Tours South East With 103 Elected New Lawmakers(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by eric12345: 8:31am On Dec 23, 2019
House of Reps Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila says – It’s better to be rubber stamp than fight executive...

The Speaker of Nigeria’s House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila lashed out at those claiming he is leading a rubber stamp legislature, during a meeting with members of his constituency in Surulere, Lagos State on Sunday December 22.

According to the House of Reps Speaker, it is better to be rubber stamp than fight the executive because that wasn’t what he was elected to do.

latest news

According to the House of Reps Speaker, it is better to be rubber stamp than fight the executive because that wasn’t what he was elected to do.

Femi Gbajabiamila who reiterated that the 9th National Assembly is committed to protecting the interests of the people through diligent discharge of its legislative duties, added that there will be checks and balances.

He said;

“People, critics and members of other parties have said the 9th Assembly is a rubber stamp of the executive. You know my reply when they say that to you?

“Tell them that you would rather have a rubber stamp National Assembly that will bring progress than the one that is fighting the executive without progress. This is because when two elephants fight, the grass suffers. .

“This is not a rubber stamp National Assembly; this is a National Assembly that represents the people and is committed to their interests. .

“The people of Surulere did not elect me to fight the executive, but to engage and collaborate with stakeholders to bring the dividends of democracy.

“This is a new dispensation. There will be checks and balances. There will be separation of powers. We will agree with the executive if we have to and we will disagree if we have to.

“Our watchword is to protect the interests of the Nigerian people. That is the oath that my colleagues and I swore to.”

>>>> https://www.naijanewsgist.com/exclusive/reps-speaker-femi-gbajabiamila/

1 Like

Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by popsy2(m): 8:32am On Dec 23, 2019
We are finished

2 Likes

Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by Offshore34: 8:33am On Dec 23, 2019
Slave spotted!!
Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by beresponsible(m): 8:34am On Dec 23, 2019
This is a new dispensation. There will be checks and balances. There will be separation of powers. We will agree with the executive if we have to and we will disagree if we have to.

“Our watchword is to protect the interests of the Nigerian people. That is the oath that my colleagues and I swore to

Makes sense

3 Likes

Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by ghettokid1(m): 8:34am On Dec 23, 2019
upper level 2023 for buhari. loading......................70%
Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by ghettokid1(m): 8:34am On Dec 23, 2019
popsy2:
We are finished
very finished
Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by Offshore34: 8:35am On Dec 23, 2019
popsy2:
We are finished
indeed !!
Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by daddytime(m): 8:35am On Dec 23, 2019
Idiotic crackheads...

How about it's better to keep a check on the executive than to fight it..

E dey pain me say for my lifetime, I no go fit witness the democracy wey Americans dey practice for my country.

Enviable stuffs like the impeachment debate et al

Make we embrace our communal system of government abeg, and save us all these unnecessary waste of our meagre funds.
Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by ebuk4real(m): 8:35am On Dec 23, 2019
sad
Welcome to Nigeria where our own democracy is always spelt backwards, especially by those that claims to know more.

I guess Nigeria's redemption is still far off..
Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by chriskosherbal(m): 8:35am On Dec 23, 2019
We are watching keenly...cos words are easy to say but actions are what validate those words.

Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by ghettokid1(m): 8:38am On Dec 23, 2019
ebuk4real:
sad Welcome to Nigeria where our own democracy is always spelt backwards.
secondly welcome to next level devil

1 Like

Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by ghettokid1(m): 8:38am On Dec 23, 2019
chriskosherbal:
We are watching keenly...cos words are easy to say but actions are what validate those words.
WHICH WORDS?
Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by Racoon(m): 8:39am On Dec 23, 2019
And now hear what Gbaja is saying again? Who did Nigeria offend with these bunch of useless overfed buffons? Does the people see how the US Congress is keeping Donald Trump on his feet? These lots are just a disgrace.
Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by Blakjewelry(m): 8:40am On Dec 23, 2019
I support you, no need having the senate, make una just go house go sit down once month end make una go collect una small thing

1 Like

Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by sLentlover7778(m): 8:41am On Dec 23, 2019
As if they have choice not to be a rubber stamp Legislature ..

Where you dey work na there you dey chop.. that's why our village people call it workshop.. grin grin grin
Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by alsudan: 8:42am On Dec 23, 2019
My eyes don see my ears. Oh lawd!
Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by EcoBrick: 8:46am On Dec 23, 2019
popsy2:
We are finished

Oga, abeg speak for yourself. I no dey among your 'we'. I reject am.

1 Like

Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by popsy2(m): 8:53am On Dec 23, 2019
EcoBrick:

Oga, abeg speak for yourself. I no dey among your 'we'. I reject am.

Lol. Whatever man.
Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by Dedetwo(m): 9:20am On Dec 23, 2019
eric12345:
House of Reps Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila says – It’s better to be rubber stamp than fight executive...

The Speaker of Nigeria’s House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila lashed out at those claiming he is leading a rubber stamp legislature, during a meeting with members of his constituency in Surulere, Lagos State on Sunday December 22.

latest news

Femi Gbajabiamila who reiterated that the 9th National Assembly is committed to protecting the interests of the people through diligent discharge of its legislative duties, added that there will be checks and balances.

He said;

“People, critics and members of other parties have said the 9th Assembly is a rubber stamp of the executive. You know my reply when they say that to you?

“Tell them that you would rather have a rubber stamp National Assembly that will bring progress than the one that is fighting the executive without progress. This is because when two elephants fight, the grass suffers. .

“This is not a rubber stamp National Assembly; this is a National Assembly that represents the people and is committed to their interests. .

“The people of Surulere did not elect me to fight the executive, but to engage and collaborate with stakeholders to bring the dividends of democracy.

“This is a new dispensation. There will be checks and balances. There will be separation of powers. We will agree with the executive if we have to and we will disagree if we have to.

“Our watchword is to protect the interests of the Nigerian people. That is the oath that my colleagues and I swore to.”

>>>> https://www.naijanewsgist.com/exclusive/reps-speaker-femi-gbajabiamila/

This is a typical Yari.ba. Can someone inform this loudmouthed punk that he was elected to create laws that will guide the future of Nigerians not to hand out goods from stolen money?

1 Like

Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by veli1(m): 9:22am On Dec 23, 2019
Look at this fool,werey,idiot,useless thing. Ur papa dey regret wastin his sperm.
Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by ChocolateHigh: 9:22am On Dec 23, 2019
grin grin grin

Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by hrykanu231(m): 9:57am On Dec 23, 2019
beresponsible:
This is a new dispensation. There will be checks and balances. There will be separation of powers. We will agree with the executive if we have to and we will disagree if we have to.

“Our watchword is to protect the interests of the Nigerian people. That is the oath that my colleagues and I swore to

Makes sense

And they are protecting "the interest of the people"?
Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by femolii: 10:50am On Dec 23, 2019
Nice one.
Re: Reps Speaker, Femi Says – It’s Better To Be Rubber Stamp Than Fight Executive.. by oloriooko(m): 11:20am On Dec 23, 2019
Kwantinu but just make sure you do your job of checking the excesses of the Executive

(1) (Reply)

Okowa’s Upgrade Of Asaba Airport Attracts More Airlines / Why Kano In More Peaceful Than Lagos And Other 34 States In Nigeria – Abdullahi / Courts Or Pigs' Pen? - Magistrate Courts In Edo State Deserve Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.