Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? (45180 Views)

15 Cheapest Federal Universities In Nigeria And Courses They Offer / Check The Cheapest Federal Universities In Nigeria / List Of Cheapest Federal Universities In Nigeria 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by Ajibade123(m): 11:34am On Dec 24, 2019
University of Lagos we pay as low as 16000
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by Augustenite(m): 11:36am On Dec 24, 2019
TerryMcGinis:
Good morning Nlders,
I will go straight to the point,

I am a 26+ year old seeking admission into higher institution, currently preparing for the next UTME, bearing in mind that I am going to be responsible for my tuition et all...

I seek your candid opinion on which federal schools are cheapest and has enabling environment that can make life easier for a student who will be sending himself to school as I intend to go into some sort of biz venture or job to help myself.

Please your advice would be appreciated, thanks.

FUTA is the cheapest. 13,450#
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by AdujaZik(m): 12:05pm On Dec 24, 2019
Dvd4:
Year1 is usually most expensive but subsequent fees are cheap.
Example: Unizik fees from second year is about 23,100.

However, cheap schools includes;
ABU, ZARIA and most northern schools
UNIZIK
UNIBEN
UNICAL
UI I think
OTHER FEDERALS ARE FAIRLY CHEAP
Before you try any school in the South East,I advise you weigh your pocket first because some federal schools there, are not like they are in the North.
Cost of living is high there.
It's not just all about school fees..
Where do you stay,and the feeding..
Just try schools in the North Central if you can't go to far North.
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by AdujaZik(m): 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2019
regony:

UI isn't cheap o
As for Unizik
It's a fine school but the cost of living in Awka is very high.
Since you said you don't have sponsors that can assist you when you are out of cash,I advise you check into North Central and West...
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by iLearner: 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2019
regony:

UI isn't cheap o

UI is cheap if you're not doing medical courses.

I payed 25k in 100l and 19k last session.
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by TheCOOLEST(m): 12:41pm On Dec 24, 2019
It depends on your course. If you are a science student, FUTA is ok. D highest acceptance fee is 50k max, schools fees about 52k(1st year)
While subsequent years, you won't pay nothing more than 20k. The only disadvantage is that FUTA is 5yrs for all d courses(because its a technology skul), I said this so that you can know if it can be OK by you.
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by stasius: 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2019
UDU sokoto
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by africandollar: 3:19pm On Dec 24, 2019
leonard509:
brother, the cause of poor quality education is the faulty education system and not school fees.. a bad teacher will be a bad teacher whether you provide him/her with heaven and earth

I agree with you on that bruh.
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by EfeIdahosa(m): 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
I strongly feel it's UNIBEN

14,000 I think although I paid 9,500 back then while engineering was paying 7,500.

Uniben pays 45000 for Science Students and 43000 for non science plus bank charges
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 24, 2019
Elevation:
ABU, Zaria..first year back then i paid 25,250 then subsequently paid around 18,750 (accommodation inclusive). No lecturer is permitted to sell handouts if caught he or she is fired, there are photocopying centers at almost all the departments, so the lecturer will take the handouts there, then students can go get them, you can collect from your coursemates and read ( switch handouts day/night reading), seriously ABU is good i tell you, the thing is ask GOD to direct you to His perfect will for you, do not walk in error not even in a country like Nigeria.

I just sent you an email.
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by mujibson(m): 10:30pm On Dec 24, 2019
ryloy:
ABU Zaria is the best school any parent will wish to send their children. But admission is tough, because it is based on merit and catchment areas and highly competitive also. You must be among the best three in your state to be admitted for any course on merit. ABU is the best because of the following reasons:
1. It is a prestigious University with the alumni everywhere and occupy key places( The Only school to produce a President, three Vice-Presidents and currently President of United Nation General Assembly)
2.It is one of First Big Five League of Universities
3. It is the largest University in Nigeria
4. It is the most resource based University- You may not need to buy textbooks(depending on the course) before you graduate, because you are entitled to borrow 5 or more books renewable periodically from the University Library , apart from the books from Faculty Library and Departmental Library
5. It is the cleanest and most environmental friendly University in Nigeria
6. The School has one of the best University Structures in the World
7. It is the safest Campus in Nigeria
8. Cost of Living is very Cheap
9. It is cultism free.
10. ABU is the only University in Nigeria that organizes National A-Level Exams for other Universities-IJMB
10. ABU has the highest number of Foreign Students in Nigerian University System
11. Opportunity to meet people and make friends from every part of Nigeria
12. ABU students and graduates are very proud of the School.
13. The cheapest university
14. The highest funded University in Nigeria
15. No handout

The Question is , will you be able to secure admission ? It is highly competitive.
Louder pls
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by Elevation(m): 8:59am On Dec 25, 2019
unpredictedone:

I just sent you an email.
couldn't access it, so sorry sir, send the message to tonysilas04@gmail.com, sorry for any inconvenience.
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by orlahtohbadt(m): 1:47pm On Dec 25, 2019
dadabashua1:
very true..the school will always be part of my life...had a great time there,made alot of Chinese and Indian friends back in the days,beautiful school, will always love ABU zaria, so when ever I see ignorant rants from folks that has never visited the place before let alone to study,I smile and pass..and I pray for them (father forgive them)...lol,the only challenge as you have stated is securing an admission
Everyone tries to do or see things from their own perspectives. I bet you have not been to other universities too and some of these things we hold as fact might not be true as long as you have not tasted it all. Moreover, who has the time and resources to taste all university system? We can only conclude things from sampled opinion, this is not to spite you but to say not all rants are totally ignorant, they are just beliefs held by people. I would have thought University of Ibadan has the highest number of alumni in high places. I would have thought University of Ilorin has a lot of foreign student as well as foreign lecturers. I probably wouldn't know in comparison to other universities if this is true but what I do know is that I am an alumnus of both university and would stick with that from my own POV.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by dadabashua1(m): 2:06pm On Dec 25, 2019
orlahtohbadt:

Everyone tries to do or see things from their own perspectives. I bet you have not been to other universities too and some of these things we hold as fact might not be true as long as you have not tasted it all. Moreover, who has the time and resources to taste all university system? We can only conclude things from sampled opinion, this is not to spite you but to say not all rants are totally ignorant, they are just beliefs held by people. I would have thought University of Ibadan has the highest number of alumni in high places. I would have thought University of Ilorin has a lot of foreign student as well as foreign lecturers. I probably wouldn't know in comparison to other universities if this is true but what I do know is that I am an alumnus of both university and would stick with that from my own POV.
ok that's a good one.
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by Iscoalarcon: 5:02pm On Dec 25, 2019
TerryMcGinis:
kashere is located where?
Akko lga Gombe state North east Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by cnonyechi(f): 12:24am On Dec 26, 2019
Dvd4:
Is that rumour really true?
I thought it was just a rumour to mutilate Esimone's tenure

Yes oo much son is a jambito and that was their bill. 100k sch fees 47k acceptance fees 10k course reg. 10k for GS 5k for matric
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by Annibiteye: 8:47am On Dec 26, 2019
kennyjam:

It is now 31k for new students and subsequently 22k+ for engineering, medicine,etc and 21k+ for physical sciences

so ABU fees is this cheap?

does this includes accomodation?
And what about Dept, faculty, hall dues etc

If this fees is actually the current, then ABU is very cheap.
What of acceptance fee for new students, how much?

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by Dvd4: 10:55am On Dec 26, 2019
cnonyechi:

Yes oo much son is a jambito and that was their bill. 100k sch fees 47k acceptance fees 10k course reg. 10k for GS 5k for matric
Hmmm!
That's too bad then Maybe its for our good.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by Abduljabbar1313(m): 11:14am On Dec 26, 2019
Bayero University Kano, is also cheap!

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by kennyjam: 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2019
Annibiteye:

so ABU fees is this cheap?

does this includes accomodation?
And what about Dept, faculty, hall dues etc

If this fees is actually the current, then ABU is very cheap.
What of acceptance fee for new students, how much?

Yes.
Accommodation is excluded, it is N7,060 per session.

faculty due is 1k as a new student and N500 subsequently. Dept due is also 1k for new students and N500 subsequently.
No acceptance fee.

pls check the comments I later made, I attached the screenshots of the breakdown
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by Annibiteye: 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2019
kennyjam:

Yes.
Accommodation is excluded, it is N7,060 per session.

faculty due is 1k as a new student and N500 subsequently. Dept due is also 1k for new students and N500 subsequently.
No acceptance fee.

pls check the comments I later made, I attached the screenshots of the breakdown

I never knew ABU is this cheap. A friend told me that they don't pay acceptance fee and I found it difficult to believe her, now I know.
So with less than 50k or 60k a fresher can pay up necessary fees...mmmh great!
When in most other federal university a fresher will need up to 100k to meet up entry fees.

But just keep on wondering why the great disparity in acceptance fee. While some pay 10k, some 20k others like UI pays 35k, FUTA I think 40k, ABU is paying zero naira. Haba! This disparity is rather unfair.

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by TerryMcGinis(m): 2:31pm On Dec 26, 2019
maddman:

But how you go do your service since you go don pass 30 years after graduation?
honestly no idea, optimism maybe, na just God and my chi
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by TerryMcGinis(m): 2:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
ryloy:
ABU Zaria is the best school any parent will wish to send their children. But admission is tough, because it is based on merit and catchment areas and highly competitive also. You must be among the best three in your state to be admitted for any course on merit. ABU is the best because of the following reasons:
1. It is a prestigious University with the alumni everywhere and occupy key places( The Only school to produce a President, three Vice-Presidents and currently President of United Nation General Assembly)
2.It is one of First Big Five League of Universities
3. It is the largest University in Nigeria
4. It is the most resource based University- You may not need to buy textbooks(depending on the course) before you graduate, because you are entitled to borrow 5 or more books renewable periodically from the University Library , apart from the books from Faculty Library and Departmental Library
5. It is the cleanest and most environmental friendly University in Nigeria
6. The School has one of the best University Structures in the World
7. It is the safest Campus in Nigeria
8. Cost of Living is very Cheap
9. It is cultism free.
10. ABU is the only University in Nigeria that organizes National A-Level Exams for other Universities-IJMB
10. ABU has the highest number of Foreign Students in Nigerian University System
11. Opportunity to meet people and make friends from every part of Nigeria
12. ABU students and graduates are very proud of the School.
13. The cheapest university
14. The highest funded University in Nigeria
15. No handout

The Question is , will you be able to secure admission ? It is highly competitive.
by best three you mean you must be among the best three students from your state?
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by TerryMcGinis(m): 2:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
iLearner:

UI is cheap if you're not doing medical courses.

I payed 25k in 100l and 19k last session.
na comp science I won study, are you certain about this sir
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by TerryMcGinis(m): 2:41pm On Dec 26, 2019
Amozever12:

The cost of living in ABU and Zaria generally is low, with #150, u can even eat in the school canteen with 1 meat
kai....but this their competition and catchment wahala weak me
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by TerryMcGinis(m): 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
I'd love to thank you all for your precious inputs and advice, God bless y'all...I would like to inform you that I have made a choice, Oau or Abu ..but the latter seems more difficult.. I'd love to ask questions about oau, her admission process etc. I would appreciate it if students of oau can give Me this info.,, starting with is oau fair in it's admission processes? Thanks
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by iLearner: 3:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
TerryMcGinis:
na comp science I won study, are you certain about this sir

I am very certain bro.

There's no special charge for faculty of science courses. It'll be 25k in 100l and less than or equal to 20k for subsequent years.

Btw, Computer Science is now 5years in UI
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by kennyjam: 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
Annibiteye:

I never knew ABU is this cheap. A friend told me that they don't pay acceptance fee and I found it difficult to believe her, now I know.
So with less than 50k or 60k a fresher can pay up necessary fees...mmmh great!
When in most other federal university a fresher will need up to 100k to meet up entry fees.

But just keep on wondering why the great disparity in acceptance fee. While some pay 10k, some 20k others like UI pays 35k, FUTA I think 40k, ABU is paying zero naira. Haba! This disparity is rather unfair.

Thanks for the info!

Yeah...

I would say generally things are cheaper here.
With 45k, all should be settled.

you're welcomed.
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by TerryMcGinis(m): 9:10pm On Dec 26, 2019
iLearner:

I am very certain bro.

There's no special charge for faculty of science courses. It'll be 25k in 100l and less than or equal to 20k for subsequent years.

Btw, Computer Science is now 5years in UI
hmm. Thanks boss. God bless
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 27, 2019
Elevation:
couldn't access it, so sorry sir, send the message to tonysilas04@gmail.com, sorry for any inconvenience.

I have sent it. hope you've seen it?
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by safet: 8:14am On Dec 28, 2019
Augustenite:

FUTA is the cheapest. 13,450#

Definitely!!

At FUTA
100l- 50k (basically because of the development levy and other fees)
200l- 13.5k
300l-18k
400l- 13.2k
500l- 13.5k

Also, the school hostels are very cheap, old hostel is 8k, new hostels range from 18k-36k-75k...

Don't forget the acceptance fee though, 35k-45k, depending on the list your name came out with of course.
Re: Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? by TerryMcGinis(m): 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
xcelentattitude:
TerryMcGinis

We are almost in the same shoes only that I already finished in the College of Education through Part-time studies with 4.5 Cgpa in physics/maths.
Considering your age I would advise you try Open Universities, so you would be able to work, school, help other family members e.g siblings and plan probably your personal life - marital life while doing so. That's what I would do God willing. This is not the best advice anyway, but like someone said, ask God to direct you. That, my friend is the most important part. I don't see myself sitting within the four walls of a school being told what to do by some folks with outdated handouts.

While I am working, I'm taking different courses to develop myself. School isn't everything bro!... One of the most important thing is self development.

Try and watch this video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42smT6cA-hk
thank you for the salient points, yeah I plan to develop myself, but I have made to many mistakes in my life, going back to school and getting that degree is the first step on my road to redemption. God bless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aisha Balarabe Bawa's Thesis Plagiarized By Amos Ngaruiya, A Kenyan Lecturer / Ibu Faith Graduates With Distinction In MSc From University Of Bedfordshire, UK / Five FUTA Students Beat A Female Student For 'Running Her Mouth'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.