Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU (32681 Views)

'I Won’t Return To APC' – Governor Ortom / I Am No Longer In APC – Governor Ortom / Man Who Posted False Story About Governor Ortom On Facebook Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Kubernetes: 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

So the girl's education is a misplaced priority? Because you're an illiterate you won't understand the importance of education to the girl child.

The girl applied for medicine in ABU Zaria,but because of competition for MBBS,she was gvn anatomy.The media mislead Nigerians that she was denied admission in Zaria.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by OsuigboFIathead(f): 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2019
[s]
itsme01:

dude the governor is promoting his state owned university and offfering help with scholarship its a win win
[/s]
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by kayusely70(m): 8:11pm On Dec 23, 2019
Good gesture!

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 23, 2019
Dominique , Puskin abeg unban me.
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by bunmioguns(m): 8:13pm On Dec 23, 2019
nairaland is full of frustrated being

nice one Mr Governor

power of social media
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by KosiGee(m): 8:13pm On Dec 23, 2019
Versatella:
Haba, how sir?

Lalasticlala

Does the girl want to study at Benue state university?

Admission should be the responsibility of the BSU admissions board. Ortom is not the VC of the university and even if he was, he should not be imposing a student on them. There should be an admission process that should be followed.

It’s a nice gesture offering the girl scholarship but he shouldn’t be interfering on the admission process of the university.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by arinzos(m): 8:13pm On Dec 23, 2019
I thought ABU has Offered her Admission to Study Medicine.
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by foreshore(m): 8:13pm On Dec 23, 2019
Versatella:
GOV ORTOM OFFERS NIGER STATE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP, DIRECTS HER ADMISSION INTO BSU

The Benue State University Visitor, Governor Samuel Ortom has directed the institution to offer admission to Miss Goodness Thomas, an indegene of Niger State who emerged as best graduating student of St. Clement's Secondary School, Gbaiko Minna for year 2019, but was denied admission by another university.

Governor Ortom's directive follows reports that despite scoring 302 points in her Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), 278 points in post UTME test and six A1s in her Senior School Certificate Examination, Goodness was not given admission, thereby failing to realize her dream to study Medicine and Surgery.

The Governor further gives assurance that the foundation he established which runs charity programmes will place Miss Thomas on scholarship during her stay in Benue State University.

He reaffirms the resolve of his administration to encourage young people who excel in their chosen careers to succeed, irrespective of religion, tribe and place of origin.

Governor Ortom wishes Miss Goodness Thomas a successful academic career.

Terver Akase
Chief Press Secretary
December 23, 2019.

Why make it a news, that is part of why we have government
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Marshalemmy(m): 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2019
[quote author=OoniOfIfe post=85162026] shocked

Clone of a governor.
Why sending her to BSU instead of Harvard, MIT, Californian university or any top foreign university.
Did his own children attended BSU?
Sending her to BSU is d same as sending her back to secondary school.

Benue is not an educational center but a farming center.
I visited North core of Federal university of Agriculture Makurdi nd I gave up on education. I begin to wonder if University of agriculture which is a federal university is an eyesore I wonder how BSU which is a state university will be.

What am I even saying?
A governor that used wheelbarrow to do empowerment for d youths is capable of doing anything.

U can't generalize because u visited north core of Uni Agric.
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Tajmahal1000: 8:15pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ortom, as useless as ever! From distributing wheel barrow as ‘empowerment item’, owing several months of salaries, and practically abandoning all the roads in Makurdi to go terribly bad, but got re-elected using the Fulani herdsmen imbroglio...

How could a Governor give DIRECTIVES to a University to grant admission to anyone? Why usurp the function of the Academic Office/Director, Admission Officer, and Senate of the University?

This is another thoughtless “publicity stunt” by the irredeemably useless Ortom!

A lot of our politicians are incurably unintelligent!
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Ubdavis(m): 8:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
senatordave1:
What a useless governor indulging in misplaced priorities

i think u dont mean this, else i pity ur future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Jacobpio: 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2019
Versatella:
For the records, he has since cleared the salaries he was owing, I am from Benue and I am telling you authoritatively
Kai!
He is up to date with salary after he skipped almost 24 months behind. Who should pay that one?

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Qadaffi2idiamin: 8:18pm On Dec 23, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
shocked

Clone of a governor.
Why sending her to BSU instead of Harvard, MIT, Californian university or any top foreign university.

I visited North core of Federal university of Agriculture Makurdi nd I gave up on education. I begin to wonder if University of agriculture which is a federal university is an eyesore I wonder how BSU which is a state university will be.

What am I even saying?
A governor that used wheelbarrow to do empowerment for d youths is capable of doing anything.

Even a dog will reason better than you.

If he sends her to Harvard, demons like you will still cry.

Have you ever in your life paid school fees for any poor child?

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Jacobpio: 8:20pm On Dec 23, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
shocked

Clone of a governor.

What am I even saying?

What are you saying? Is Federal University state responsibility?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by GreenArrow1(m): 8:21pm On Dec 23, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
shocked

Clone of a governor.

What am I even saying?

Benue isn't an Educational centre? What a foolish assertion.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by drololaaof: 8:21pm On Dec 23, 2019
Thank you governor Ortom

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by arinzos(m): 8:22pm On Dec 23, 2019
Tajmahal1000:
Ortom, as useless as ever! From distributing wheel barrow as ‘empowerment item’, owing several months of salaries, and practically abandoning all the roads in Makurdi to go terribly bad, but got re-elected using the Fulani herdsmen imbroglio...

How could a Governor give DIRECTIVES to a University to grant admission to anyone? Why usurp the function of the Academic Office/Director, Admission Officer, and Senate of the University?

This is another thoughtless “publicity stunt” by the irredeemably useless Ortom!

A lot of our politicians are incurably unintelligent!
Do you know the hierarchy in Nigerian Universities??
Go and Find out.
He has the Right to Direct the School to give Admission.
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 23, 2019
The girl see BSU before she pick ABU o
The girl wey wan go read medicine&surgery for uni tell u say her parents no get money to sponsor am?
Mr governor,abeg allow us see front
On another note
As much as I hate buhari as a president,I no wan use my mouth curse an cus he is a grand father,father,husband, .but Mr presido,u do me stri g thing o.posterity will judge u for whatever u have done,whether good or bad.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by MrRay7(m): 8:23pm On Dec 23, 2019
Versatella:
For the records, he has since cleared the salaries he was owing, I am from Benue and I am telling you authoritatively

Oga I can excuse you to lie but I can't accept you to lie "authoritatively.

For the records, Ortom is still owing salaries ranging from 6 to 18 months. What he did was to jump to 2018 leaving the backlogs.

I am from Benue too.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Chepos1(m): 8:24pm On Dec 23, 2019
Versatella:

Why lie just to hide a truth?
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Chepos1(m): 8:25pm On Dec 23, 2019
MrRay7:

Oga I can excuse you to lie but I can't accept you to lie "authoritatively.

For the records, Ortom is still owing salaries ranging from 6 to 18 months. What he did was to jump to 2018 leaving the backlogs.

I am from Benue too.

Don't mind the guy, he never knew BENUE indigenes are NLanders as well. SMH!

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Goldencheese(m): 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2019
Good move!

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by AnanseK(m): 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2019
ochejoseph:
Thank you your Excellency ... History will be kind to you.

For sending such a brilliant student to a glorified secondary school? History will remember him if he sends her to where his children are schooling, in Europe or US. Otherwise he is destroying her talent.
Her parents should reject this offer.
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Flier: 8:28pm On Dec 23, 2019
Let’s hope the girl won’t reject a state university
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by lahizak: 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2019
Blackking98:
Dah. You're wicked o. Asin seriously wicked
The guy is actually right. Its misplaced priorities and eyes service. Have the governor placed his own state indigenes with good grades on scholarship. He just saw a chance to put his name in the news and he took it. Even though the girl scores and performance is quite impressive, im 100% sure its not impressive enough to study medicine in top universities like ABU, unilorin, unilag and their likes... believe it or not this private school beside me usually placed their top student results and more dan 20 students always score 300 and above in jamb. And most federal uni dont admit up to 100students for medicine. I sincerely blive more dan 150 have better results dan her applied 4 ABU medicine. Hence, she was offered d next nearest tin to medicine which is human anatomy. But 4 me sha, at that age i will rather accept that human anatomy, work harder on my jamb score and try reapply for medicine in ABU. I rather be an alumni of ABU dan BSU. Thats my opinion though

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by qleap2all(m): 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2019
That's how they are distrupting the system. When has the governor suddenly becomes admission officer or the University senate.
ABU is far better than BSU
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Ihutomi: 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2019
senatordave1:
ur state have a governor? NO !!!,shut up ,bad belle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by NORSIYK(m): 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2019
senatordave1:

You're always bitter why? If it was yeye Bello you'd have applauded him to high heavens
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Moniya4Real(m): 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

So the girl's education is a misplaced priority? Because you're an illiterate you won't understand the importance of education to the girl child.

Pls help us the empty dullard

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by IpobAntidote: 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2019
[[s]quote author=MASTERCHIEF0847 post=85160986]
So the girl's education is a misplaced priority? Because you're an illiterate you won't understand the importance of education to the girl child. [/quote][/s]

TRASH. MISPLACED PRIORITIES AND SEEKING ATTENTION.
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by HegenIkomkeh(m): 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2019
Girl,if you know what is good for you,better stay away, very far away from medicine in bsu.
Don't say you were not warned o.
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by arinzos(m): 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2019
qleap2all:
That's how they are distrupting the system. When has the governor suddenly becomes admission officer or the University senate.
ABU is far better than BSU
grin He can Order the School to give Admission.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abdulrasheed Maina Arrested In Niger Republic / Hon Tony Nwulu's Projects At Oshodi Isolo Federal Constituency 2 - Photos / Photos Of Babangida Aliyu In Court Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.