Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG (13850 Views)

Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic / Buhari: No Date Yet To Re-open Land Borders / No Exit Date Yet For First Batch Of N-power Beneficiaries — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by ijustdey: 6:55pm On Dec 23, 2019
The Federal Government had yet to decide a terminal date when the country ’ s border would be reopened to neighboring countries .

The Federal Government had in August closed its borders to neighboring countries in an exercise code -named operation Exercise Swift Response

The action which had resulted in joint border operations by a combined team of security agencies had been greeted by mixed reactions from stakeholders.

While some stakeholders had described the border closure as a move in a positive direction, others have described it as a setback for the African Continental Free Trade Agreement .

Speaking during a chat with journalists on Monday in Abuja , the Minister of State for Industry , Trade and Investment, Mariam Katagum , said the Federal Government had held strategic meetings with Benin Republic and Niger to reach an agreement on modalities for the border reopening.

She said one of the fallouts of the meeting was the setting up of a joint border patrol team made up of security personnel from customs , airforce and other security agencies .

The minister said the decision to reopen the border would be based on recommendations from the patrol team on whether Niger and Benin Republic have complied with trade protocols .

She said, “ We had the strategic meeting with the three countries and what we agreed with our neighbors is to activate a joint border patrol and that border patrol comprising the customs , all the security agencies and ensure to try to follow the actual protocol laid by ECOWAS .

“ The committee met on November 25 and it is only when that committee is certain that all the countries are respecting the ECOWAS protocol that they will recommend a day for the opening of the border .”

The Minister of Industry Trade and Investment, Richard Adebayo, said that the ministry is currently carrying out a review of the country ’ s trade policy as well as the Nigeria Industrial Revolution Plan to reflect current economic realities .

He also said that the automotive policy is being reviewed , adding that a meeting would be held with stakeholders in the auto sector on January 28 to get their input to the policy .

He said after the stakeholders ’ meeting , the executive would present a bill to the National Assembly for the policy to become law .

https://punchng.com/no-date-yet-for-border-reopening-fg/

9 Likes

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by netpro(m): 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ghana, South Africa, Malaysia among others will not like this.

Nigerian Farmers keep smiling to the bank.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by mrvitalis(m): 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2019
I can't bet 50k it won't pass February ....the3 border are not Eben closed self
Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by GamalNasser: 7:04pm On Dec 23, 2019
netpro:

Nigerian Farmer keep smiling to the bank.

Keep fooling yourself

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by OsuigboFIathead(f): 7:09pm On Dec 23, 2019
[s]
netpro:

[/s]

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by SultanOfAbia: 7:15pm On Dec 23, 2019
That Border Should Always Remain Closed
Like The Puna of A Deeper Life Girl .

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by inforesource: 7:15pm On Dec 23, 2019
Pls do not open. This is one of the things this government has done that has made sense to me. So keep it locked up.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
Nigeria 1: 0 France
Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by ednut1(m): 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
I still see Turkey chop last week. How come if border is closed

5 Likes

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by itsme01: 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
cool

we dont care.. FG should focus on more important issues, Border closure and ASUU are done deal

Back then when the whole world turned their back on Nigeria, closing their borders because of General Sanni Abacha after US sanctioned us we didnt die.. we ate white corn as rice, we used sawdust for cooking when kerosine and gas werent coming in, we wore native on christmas and we rode in Peaguet 504 and 505 from Kaduna plant, when Cocacola and pepsi were'nt affordable limca and lolly came with cold ice waters

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by helinues: 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
Better

Fg should pass the key to me... grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
netpro:

Hello, Nairalanders please I'm still crying for help please � Now the man came back to the house to ask me to leave by tomorrow. Please anyone in Abuja pleases to accommodate me till Sunday please I beg of you. I take God beg anybody staying or has a connection in Abuja to help me out from tomorrow till Sunday, please. If you don't understand my post please kindly read my previous posts. I'm still crying because of my kids please.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by Dozie32(m): 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
Weda border closure or opensure, we igbo's go dey over prosper dey go..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by thundafire: 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ok na yet local rice price is dey same with foreign rice which way Nigeria
Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
grin
Those waiting for reopening of closed border should give up.

Buhari don't remember anything about border again cheesy

Except someone reminds him.

Too old to remember things

8 Likes

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by nurex01(m): 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
Benefits to the poor farmers and the riches in terms of Agriculture.

4 Likes

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by IpobAntidote: 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
[s]
GamalNasser:

Keep fooling yourself
[/s]

1 Like

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:17pm On Dec 23, 2019
Well, whatever
Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by OsuigboFIathead(f): 7:18pm On Dec 23, 2019
[s]
itsme01:
we dont care.. FG should focus on more important issues, border closure and ASUU are done deal
[/s]
Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by Homers123(m): 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2019
"Mouth changing" mofos, no be dem say January ending before?
Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by GEOANDSONS: 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2019
grin
Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by backnbeta(f): 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2019
undecided
Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by dfrost: 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2019
Funkeeee temì bamì cry undecided
Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2019
inforesource:
Pls do not open. This is one of the thing this government has done that has made sense to me. So keep it locked up.
and you claim to be educated

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by Godhatesodomy: 7:20pm On Dec 23, 2019
Wow
Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by Homers123(m): 7:20pm On Dec 23, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
A Border Should Always Be Clossed
Like The Puna of A Deeper Life Girl .
If I hear.
Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by englishmart(m): 7:20pm On Dec 23, 2019
Honestly I don't I don't really give a f***. They can reopen it when Biafra gets independent

1 Like

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by dfrost: 7:21pm On Dec 23, 2019
inforesource:
Pls do not open. This is one of the thing this government has done that has made sense to me. So keep it locked up.

If everyone locks their border, how do you think the world will be like?

4 Likes

Re: No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG by candidbabe(f): 7:21pm On Dec 23, 2019
Buhari God will remove you from that office. You are not stronger than God.

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 PDP Presidential Primary To Hold In May / South East Youths Organize Walk In Awka, Call On Nigerians To Support Bello / Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.