Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources (30765 Views)

Military Kills ISWAP Commanders, 30 Members In Fresh Operation / Boko Haram, ISWAP Clash In Sambisa Forest. Two Commanders, 32 Fighters Killed / How IG Of Police, DSS Planned Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest For Months— Military Sources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by DexterousOne(m): 9:01am On Dec 24, 2019
BabaRamota1980:
How many decimations will it take to exterminate boko haram?

Weve had decimations for 7yrs running and the mofos refuse to be decimated. Whats goin on?

Two things

Those at the top want the war to continue

And
The ideology of fanatism is hard to kill

The Conditions that caused the fanatism still persist

Deal with those two
And the war will be over
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Samnavy: 9:02am On Dec 24, 2019
God will protect our soldiers

3 Likes

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Dblaiz(f): 9:02am On Dec 24, 2019
imagine Nigeria without army... those boys 4 dey show Nigerians pepper
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Kenturkey048(m): 9:04am On Dec 24, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

The anger from a dying breed. It is spelt RUTHLESS and not rootless

That was their final pants of air in an attempt to give the impression they were still strong. Do note that we are talking about ISWAP and not BH.

BH had to partner with ISWAP when they got extremely weakened and "technically defeated". The ones who carried out this failed attack was ISWAP and not BH.

So yes BH is no longer the BH they used to be pre 2015 and it is not a political statement but fact

1 Like

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by ColonelEmeka: 9:12am On Dec 24, 2019
Kenturkey048:
you lie sir...matelle attack wasn't done by ISWAP but BH..ISWAP operates close to lake chad basin...Baga that fell to the terrorist around January 2nd this year was carried out by BH not ISWAP..30 soldiers from 242 batallion that were ambushed and killed in mogunu sometime last year were BH not ISWAP.

Secondly BH didn't seek assistance from ISWAP..
Boko haram has up to three factions operating in borno state. .The ones commanded by Yusuf son,Al Banuwi....Then the ones commanded by shakau..the ones operating in the lake chad basin pledged allegiance to ISIS so they were called Islamic state west African province.

Shekau's BH arent even defeated but weak due to the fact that their attacks were carried on weak civilians and not military personnel's.,but AL BANUWI'S BOKO HARAM AND ISWAP ARE NOTHING CLOSE TO DEFEAT. they only trying to fit in the Nigerian military tactics of super camp...Fighting from brigade head quarters..Good for now no more heavy casualties on our defence force..I only pray they don't device new method of sabotaging themsleves again.

So much misinformation. This is why not all information is for public scrutiny

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Magicians: 9:12am On Dec 24, 2019
I know news like this makes you sad but by the grace of the God you worship the Nigeria Army shall keep giving such news till your grave.
ColonelEmeka:

Being technically defeated is not the same thing as being outrightly defeated.

They have been cut to size. They no longer have the ability to attack as they used to. Guerilla tactics is now their method and thanks to Intel availability, we now know what they want to do before they do it which makes the NIA prepared every time.

The FG has cut off most of their supply lines thus starving them of weapons and food. They are not the same BH of pre 2015. They are extremely weakened now.
OoniOfIfe post=85171298:

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by atheistandproud(m): 9:18am On Dec 24, 2019
Greatness28:
cry OMG.,.. WHICH ONE ISWAP AGAIN..

ISIS West African Province
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Hypocrit: 9:19am On Dec 24, 2019
When a government lies alot, the people no longer believe even when they are Telling truth. I will never believe the Nigeria government, they are bloody criminals, and all criminals are liers.
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by ColonelEmeka: 9:21am On Dec 24, 2019
AmazingELixir:

If the NIA have the intel and capabilities as you claim why wait for them to attack , why always on the defensive...what in heavens sakes is stopping the military from going all out to wipe these scumbags out once and for all.

Besides from the report it was mentioned that the locations of the commanders are known forehand...or is there some kind of grand conspiracy going on we don't know just as the Borno state governor and senator from Borno state Alli Ndume alleged.

There is no conspiracy going on from the Nigerian quarters. There is a steady offensive sweep going on but a slow one due to the dangerous terrain the boys need to traverse. The terrorists have made the entire Sambisa very unpredictable due to the presence of a lot of mines. However clearance is a daily occurrence.

The only issue is that the soldiers from the Chadian end are not as aggressive in approach as the NIA and we do not understand why.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by IDnoble1: 9:26am On Dec 24, 2019
GamalNasser:
From the small footage of the fire fight I saw that unit in Damaturu knew what they were doing , the put up a solid firewall to halt the Boko Haram offensive and damn they had tracer rounds to light up the battle field ...Solid unit , I was impressed .
Pls share the footage with me
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by JONSYN7154: 9:30am On Dec 24, 2019
Greatness28:
cry OMG.,.. WHICH ONE ISWAP AGAIN..
splinter group headed by Yusuf Mohammed's son.
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by explosiveskull(m): 9:31am On Dec 24, 2019
Neoteny:

Same thing that happened with Al Qaeda despite decades of US and NATO confrontations, or the Taliban who basically drove the US out of Afghanistan, just like what's happening with ISIS who's quietly regrouping in the fringes of Iraq, or the Hezbollah who've defied the might of Israel.

Basically, terror groups fighting based on ideology are hard to decimate, because they keep getting recruits. Many Europeans, Americans, Australians etc joined up with ISIS.

Ideology is a terrible motivator of misguided idiots.
Don't make wrong assertions to buttress your lame points, which Hezbollah have defiled the lights of Israel?
They have defiled and the whole world is crying about the devastation caused by Israel on its enemies? Or tell one war Hezbollah have worn against Israel except except was begged to stop the onslaught cos the terrorists use women, children and civilian centers as sheilds?
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by okonja(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2019
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by MzTunechi(f): 9:33am On Dec 24, 2019
AmazingELixir:

Sweetheart share it naa lemme be impressed too grin
I don't have a link. Saw it on TVC's Journalist hangout yesterday.
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by egoldman(m): 9:37am On Dec 24, 2019
ColonelEmeka:
The Nigerian military's ground and aerial assaults have decimated the Boko Haram terrorists' splinter group, Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP), during the latest gun duel in Damaturu, Yobe State, North East Nigeria.

A Nigerian Army source disclosed this on Monday, saying that ISWAP lost about 30 fighters and two Commanders including Abu Muqhtar the overall commander who led the foiled attack.

According to the military sources, not only was the attack repelled by Nigerian troops successfully, the ISWAP recorded heavy casualties with two out of four commanders mentioned in their earlier intercept neutralised.

"May Allah help our gallant troops and their leadership to succeed in this fight against the insurgents," the source said.

The source further narrated the sequence of the events, saying: "On 22/12/2019, about 2046 hours, ISWAP Senior Commander ALI (aka Abu Huzaifa) who was located around Ben Kalio Estate, Damaturu, Yobe State informed high profile Commander Ahmodu located around Lake Chad fringes that they have tried all their possible best to penetrate the town but the troops resisted and pushed them back to the tranche.

"Abu Huzaifa also added that they have recorded heavy casualties and more injuries in this foiled attack. He also disclosed that they have lost a General Commander who coordinates many attacks around Lake Chad fringes named Abu Muqhtar and about 30 other fighters were also killed."

"Abu Huzaifa also stated that the reinforcement team from Gorgore Camp couldn't come because of some undisclosed reasons. He further revealed that the soldiers got information about the movement and prepared for them. He also maintained that the fighter jets also played some roles in pushing them back to the ditch."

The foregoing therefore, the source said, it is established that the ISWAP has lost a very Senior Commander in this foiled attack on Damaturu township.

"It is also observed that they have lost about 30 other Fighters and recorded many injuries and as well as many vehicles destroyed. Nigerian Army has made us proud today. The ISWAP lost about 30 fighters including Abu Muqhtar the overall commander who Led the attack," the source stressed.

http://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/fcdd0c0555056d4c4be48ac3991e48d3?country=ng&language=en&share=1&client=

Colonel are you really with the Nigerian Army? you might be helping us to report those rogue soldiers that haras civilians upandan.

1 Like

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Fashdeejay(m): 9:38am On Dec 24, 2019
BitCraftman:
Under the new sharia push, the captured terrorist will be tried in sharia court because the Quran state that muslims should have their lives governed totally by Quranic laws. God help the Nigerian army.
Nigeria is not an Islamic state, please be guided when talking Nigeria is a mixed religious country so no one religion should claim sole propriety of our rule of law...

1 Like

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by DozieInc(m): 9:38am On Dec 24, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

I repeat the NIA suffered zero casualty. The Airforce did most of the fighting while the ground troops did mop up.

Mop up was not an intense battle. We lost nobody
Good one
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by McAausim: 9:41am On Dec 24, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

I repeat the NIA suffered zero casualty. The Airforce did most of the fighting while the ground troops did mop up.

U are right......Juz had from a collegues now that no caualities records..... cool
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by isaacprinz(m): 9:42am On Dec 24, 2019
[quote author=Kenturkey048 post=85174745] you lie sir...matelle attack wasn't done by ISWAP but BH..ISWAP operates close to lake chad basin...Baga that fell to the terrorist around January 2nd this year was carried out by BH not ISWAP..30 soldiers from 242 batallion that were ambushed and killed in mogunu sometime last year were BH not ISWAP.

Boko haram has up to three factions operating in borno state. .The ones commanded by Yusuf son,Al Banuwi....Then the ones commanded by shakau..the ones operating in the lake chad basin pledged allegiance to ISIS so they were called Islamic state west African province.

Shekau's BH arent even defeated but weak due to the fact that their attacks were carried on weak civilians and not military personnel's.,but AL BANUWI'S BOKO HARAM AND ISWAP ARE NOTHING CLOSE TO DEFEAT. they only trying to fit in the Nigerian military tactics of super camp...Fighting from brigade head quarters..Good for now no more heavy casualties on our defence force..I only pray they don't device new method of sabotaging themsleves again.[/quote this references and points you are trying to make is doesn't add up. And it leads to one end shame... Folks like you will be happy if the barbaric Islamic sets continue to over run innocent citizens, or news of how a certain number of soldiers were killed by these insurgents..well your motive of having such devilish affiliation with terrorists be like it political, ethnicity, religion or sheer stupidity and ignorance will only lead you to shame and disappointments, because from your utterances and analysis you are in full support of this demons...I am not here to banter words with you if Boko Haram became ISWAP or when they had alliance....but however they come we shall continue to clear their doubt's. Living my family behind in this deserts loosing sleep and all manner of life freedom just to secure our country territorial integrity and its citizens. Then.. When I try to flip through nairaland at leas to know latest happenings I come across comments like yours and many others that rejoice when ever a soldier goes down believing that will put an end to ignorance and stupidity and I ask my self are these people worth this sacrifice am making. Well for the sake of the good Nigerians I will say no going back. To those benefitting from this insurgents from any guise your days are numbered so many Nigerians want us to sabotage the fight with the popular notion that Nigeria is not worth dying for..then those cowards and weaklings that made this assertion do little or nothing to make the civil or federal system up right. we call them hypocrites, our fallen heroes will never go in vain. Nigeria is winning and will continue to win.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by isaacprinz(m): 9:43am On Dec 24, 2019
Kenturkey048:
you lie sir...matelle attack wasn't done by ISWAP but BH..ISWAP operates close to lake chad basin...Baga that fell to the terrorist around January 2nd this year was carried out by BH not ISWAP..30 soldiers from 242 batallion that were ambushed and killed in mogunu sometime last year were BH not ISWAP.

Shekau's BH arent even defeated but weak due to the fact that their attacks were carried on weak civilians and not military personnel's.,but AL BANUWI'S BOKO HARAM AND ISWAP ARE NOTHING CLOSE TO DEFEAT. they only trying to fit in the Nigerian military tactics of super camp...Fighting from brigade head quarters..Good for now no more heavy casualties on our defence force..I only pray they don't device new method of sabotaging themsleves again.
this references and points you are trying to make is doesn't add up. And it leads to one end shame... Folks like you will be happy if the barbaric Islamic sets continue to over run innocent citizens, or news of how a certain number of soldiers were killed by these insurgents..well your motive of having such devilish affiliation with terrorists be like it political, ethnicity, religion or sheer stupidity and ignorance will only lead you to shame and disappointments, because from your utterances and analysis you are in full support of this demons...I am not here to banter words with you if Boko Haram became ISWAP or when they had alliance....but however they come we shall continue to clear their doubt's. Living my family behind in this deserts loosing sleep and all manner of life freedom just to secure our country territorial integrity and its citizens. Then.. When I try to flip through nairaland at leas to know latest happenings I come across comments like yours and many others that rejoice when ever a soldier goes down believing that will put an end to ignorance and stupidity and I ask my self are these people worth this sacrifice am making. Well for the sake of the good Nigerians I will say no going back. To those benefitting from this insurgents from any guise your days are numbered so many Nigerians want us to sabotage the fight with the popular notion that Nigeria is not worth dying for..then those cowards and weaklings that made this assertion do little or nothing to make the civil or federal system up right. we call them hypocrites, our fallen heroes will never go in vain. Nigeria is winning and will continue to win.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Kenturkey048(m): 9:46am On Dec 24, 2019
isaacprinz:
this references and points you are trying to make is doesn't add up. And it leads to one end shame... Folks like you will be happy if the barbaric Islamic sets continue to over run innocent citizens, or news of how a certain number of soldiers were killed by these insurgents..well your motive of having such devilish affiliation with terrorists be like it political, ethnicity, religion or sheer stupidity and ignorance will only lead you to shame and disappointments, because from your utterances and analysis you are in full support of this demons...I am not here to banter words with you if Boko Haram became ISWAP or when they had alliance....but however they come we shall continue to clear their doubt's. Living my family behind in this deserts loosing sleep and all manner of life freedom just to secure our country territorial integrity and its citizens. Then.. When I try to flip through nairaland at leas to know latest happenings I come across comments like yours and many others that rejoice when ever a soldier goes down believing that will put an end to ignorance and stupidity and I ask my self are these people worth this sacrifice am making. Well for the sake of the good Nigerians I will say no going back. To those benefitting from this insurgents from any guise your days are numbered so many Nigerians want us to sabotage the fight with the popular notion that Nigeria is not worth dying for..then those cowards and weaklings that made this assertion do little or nothing to make the civil or federal system up right. we call them hypocrites, our fallen heroes will never go in vain. Nigeria is winning and will continue to win.
God my own done finish today...am sorry to have commented what I don't know...forgive me abeg....
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by darqly(m): 9:49am On Dec 24, 2019
GamalNasser:
From the small footage of the fire fight I saw that unit in Damaturu knew what they were doing , the put up a solid firewall to halt the Boko Haram offensive and damn they had tracer rounds to light up the battle field ...Solid unit , I was impressed .

The video with the tracer rounds is NOT the firefight mind you. That video isn't even of the Nigerian army.
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by GamalNasser: 9:59am On Dec 24, 2019
darqly:

The video with the tracer rounds is NOT the firefight mind you. That video isn't even of the Nigerian army.

Ohh my bad

1 Like

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Kingspin(m): 10:02am On Dec 24, 2019
We only read news about Boko.

But Deji, Sewore other news we see it lives

1 Like

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by ProudBornoBoy(m): 10:02am On Dec 24, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

There is no conspiracy going on from the Nigerian quarters. There is a steady offensive sweep going on but a slow one due to the dangerous terrain the boys need to traverse. The terrorists have made the entire Sambisa very unpredictable due to the presence of a lot of mines. However clearance is a daily occurrence.

The only issue is that the soldiers from the Chadian end are not as aggressive in approach as the NIA and we do not understand why.

There is a conspiracy on the Nigerian quarter, either the elites or top military personnel.
By the way, your other opinions are sound.

1 Like

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Kingspin(m): 10:04am On Dec 24, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

Being technically defeated is not the same thing as being outrightly defeated.

They have been cut to size. They no longer have the ability to attack as they used to. Guerilla tactics are now their method and thanks to Intel availability, we now know what they want to do before they do it which makes the NIA prepared every time.

The FG has cut off most of their supply lines thus starving them of weapons and food. They are not the same BH of pre 2015. They are extremely weakened now
How many Boko haram members have been arrested or sentenced?

And why did herdsmen took over from Boko haram ? While the government watch handless?

#Cover up#

1 Like

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by allexpensive: 10:06am On Dec 24, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

The ATF came in but ground troops did a great job too. Do you think it is easy to hold down an area? Ground troops also responded with MRLS.

It is a win win for the Nigerian military in general.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP: Secondus Resumes, Meets Akinwonmi, Others / Buhari Meets Chinese President, Xi Jinping (Photo) / Nigerians Demand Arrest Of Agbazuere, Sacked Abia COS. Police Keep Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.