Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,434 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources (30769 Views)

Military Kills ISWAP Commanders, 30 Members In Fresh Operation / Boko Haram, ISWAP Clash In Sambisa Forest. Two Commanders, 32 Fighters Killed / How IG Of Police, DSS Planned Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest For Months— Military Sources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Eleponblue(m): 1:11pm On Dec 24, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

Being technically defeated is not the same thing as being outrightly defeated.

They have been cut to size. They no longer have the ability to attack as they used to. Guerilla tactics is now their method and thanks to Intel availability, we now know what they want to do before they do it which makes the NIA prepared every time.

The FG has cut off most of their supply lines thus starving them of weapons and food. They are not the same BH of pre 2015. They are extremely weakened now
Uncle! Are you the NA spokesman If not say what you know please and stop misinforming the public...I stand to be corrected though...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Omoslim26: 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2019
Neoteny:

What mistake?
Would Israel prefer Hezbollah not exist?
Yes!
Is Hezbollah still existing or not?
If yes then my point is made.
Get a grip and learn something new.
hezbollah still exist bcus Isreal has restrictions
nd you dont have anything new for me to learn
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by ColonelEmeka: 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2019
Eleponblue:

Uncle! Are you the NA spokesman If not say what you know please and stop misinforming the public...I stand to be corrected though...

You have already been corrected even before your post so that correction is enough for you to utilize

1 Like

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by dederocs(m): 1:56pm On Dec 24, 2019
May God guide our troops and give us good leaders to equip them humanly and technically. We have the most rugged troops in the world.
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Willgates(m): 2:15pm On Dec 24, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

I repeat the NIA suffered zero casualty. The Airforce did most of the fighting while the ground troops did mop up.

Mop up was not an intense battle. We lost nobody
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Willgates(m): 2:16pm On Dec 24, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

I repeat the NIA suffered zero casualty. The Airforce did most of the fighting while the ground troops did mop up.

A friend reportedly lost his brother

1 Like

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by sokkatua: 3:06pm On Dec 24, 2019
GamalNasser:
From the small footage of the fire fight I saw that unit in Damaturu knew what they were doing , the put up a solid firewall to halt the Boko Haram offensive and damn they had tracer rounds to light up the battle field ...Solid unit , I was impressed .

I watched the video,the Nigerian Army actually put up a spirited defense of Damaturu,you can see tracer bullets flying everywhere.For the first time ever ,i m proud of the Nigerian Army ,this is a good christmas present for our country.Halleluyah

2 Likes

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by SmartyPants(m): 3:20pm On Dec 24, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

NIA?? What is the national intelligence agency doing at the battlefield?
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by tyup(m): 3:26pm On Dec 24, 2019
Slynation:
Oh lovely.... Almost all my guys in Kaduna state are now with the military posted to different part of the country, from time to time they do send me clips of heavy sporadic shootings with the bokoharam/Iswap, Mehn....!! Nigeria is a war zone without our knowledge

God will continue to strengthen our Military from strength to strength... I think it's high time the FSarz are been deployed to join combat the boko boys as well

I hope the casualties is more heavy on the terrorist?

1 Like

Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by OyinO: 4:21pm On Dec 24, 2019
I don't think this war will ever end.
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by ColonelEmeka: 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2019
SmartyPants:

NIA?? What is the national intelligence agency doing at the battlefield?

NIA = Nigerian Army for me
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by aimuan(m): 5:16pm On Dec 24, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

Nice.Are you a military man?
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Debaiz: 5:31pm On Dec 24, 2019
BitCraftman:
Under the new sharia push, the captured terrorist will be tried in sharia court because the Quran state that muslims should have their lives governed totally by Quranic laws. God help the Nigerian army.

And under the sharia law, they will be beheaded without delay. No time for life imprisonment or those long useless sentences.
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by alizma: 5:50pm On Dec 24, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

Being technically defeated is not the same thing as being outrightly defeated.

They have been cut to size. They no longer have the ability to attack as they used to. Guerilla tactics is now their method and thanks to Intel availability, we now know what they want to do before they do it which makes the NIA prepared every time.

The FG has cut off most of their supply lines thus starving them of weapons and food. They are not the same BH of pre 2015. They are extremely weakened now
Some of them don't understand English, don't waste much of your time on them
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Khaleell001(m): 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2019
BitCraftman:
Under the new sharia push, the captured terrorist will be tried in sharia court because the Quran state that muslims should have their lives governed totally by Quranic laws. God help the Nigerian army.

What's this one saying?

You well so?
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Mrexcell(m): 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2019
ColonelEmeka:
The Nigerian military's ground and aerial assaults have decimated the Boko Haram terrorists' splinter group, Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP), during the latest gun duel in Damaturu, Yobe State, North East Nigeria.

A Nigerian Army source disclosed this on Monday, saying that ISWAP lost about 30 fighters and two Commanders including Abu Muqhtar the overall commander who led the foiled attack.

According to the military sources, not only was the attack repelled by Nigerian troops successfully, the ISWAP recorded heavy casualties with two out of four commanders mentioned in their earlier intercept neutralised.

"May Allah help our gallant troops and their leadership to succeed in this fight against the insurgents," the source said.

The source further narrated the sequence of the events, saying: "On 22/12/2019, about 2046 hours, ISWAP Senior Commander ALI (aka Abu Huzaifa) who was located around Ben Kalio Estate, Damaturu, Yobe State informed high profile Commander Ahmodu located around Lake Chad fringes that they have tried all their possible best to penetrate the town but the troops resisted and pushed them back to the tranche.

"Abu Huzaifa also added that they have recorded heavy casualties and more injuries in this foiled attack. He also disclosed that they have lost a General Commander who coordinates many attacks around Lake Chad fringes named Abu Muqhtar and about 30 other fighters were also killed."

"Abu Huzaifa also stated that the reinforcement team from Gorgore Camp couldn't come because of some undisclosed reasons. He further revealed that the soldiers got information about the movement and prepared for them. He also maintained that the fighter jets also played some roles in pushing them back to the ditch."

The foregoing therefore, the source said, it is established that the ISWAP has lost a very Senior Commander in this foiled attack on Damaturu township.

"It is also observed that they have lost about 30 other Fighters and recorded many injuries and as well as many vehicles destroyed. Nigerian Army has made us proud today. The ISWAP lost about 30 fighters including Abu Muqhtar the overall commander who Led the attack," the source stressed.

http://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/fcdd0c0555056d4c4be48ac3991e48d3?country=ng&language=en&share=1&client=

Terrorists needs to be sent to meet their allah they're absolutely of no use to humanity.
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by joinnow: 10:32pm On Dec 24, 2019
ColonelEmeka:
The Nigerian military's ground and aerial assaults have decimated the Boko Haram terrorists' splinter group, Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP), during the latest gun duel in Damaturu, Yobe State, North East Nigeria.

A Nigerian Army source disclosed this on Monday, saying that ISWAP lost about 30 fighters and two Commanders including Abu Muqhtar the overall commander who led the foiled attack.

According to the military sources, not only was the attack repelled by Nigerian troops successfully, the ISWAP recorded heavy casualties with two out of four commanders mentioned in their earlier intercept neutralised.

"May Allah help our gallant troops and their leadership to succeed in this fight against the insurgents," the source said.

The source further narrated the sequence of the events, saying: "On 22/12/2019, about 2046 hours, ISWAP Senior Commander ALI (aka Abu Huzaifa) who was located around Ben Kalio Estate, Damaturu, Yobe State informed high profile Commander Ahmodu located around Lake Chad fringes that they have tried all their possible best to penetrate the town but the troops resisted and pushed them back to the tranche.

"Abu Huzaifa also added that they have recorded heavy casualties and more injuries in this foiled attack. He also disclosed that they have lost a General Commander who coordinates many attacks around Lake Chad fringes named Abu Muqhtar and about 30 other fighters were also killed."

"Abu Huzaifa also stated that the reinforcement team from Gorgore Camp couldn't come because of some undisclosed reasons. He further revealed that the soldiers got information about the movement and prepared for them. He also maintained that the fighter jets also played some roles in pushing them back to the ditch."

The foregoing therefore, the source said, it is established that the ISWAP has lost a very Senior Commander in this foiled attack on Damaturu township.

"It is also observed that they have lost about 30 other Fighters and recorded many injuries and as well as many vehicles destroyed. Nigerian Army has made us proud today. The ISWAP lost about 30 fighters including Abu Muqhtar the overall commander who Led the attack," the source stressed.

http://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/fcdd0c0555056d4c4be48ac3991e48d3?country=ng&language=en&share=1&client=

them no dey finish
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by ObiOkpor(m): 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2019
Olatunji1929:
kudos to Nigerian army r.I.p to those gallant men who lost thier lives in that battle
No lost..
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by ObiOkpor(m): 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2019
Olatunji1929:
is that even possible? or you think it was street knock out fight
Oga no lost.. Do you derive joy seeing your soldier go down?
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by ObiOkpor(m): 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2019
Eze2000:

If I remember correctly the 'battlefield' here is part of a city, the capital of Yobe state which contains humans, homes and other infastructire. There is no way in God's name a jet can target those terrorists there without high losses to life and property much less the misfiring Nigeriam airforce.

My guess is the Airforce bombed outside the city and the Army fought them from within. Saying there are zero casualties in such a setup is pure nonsense.

Seems like you are eating Nigerian propaganda for food and we know the army has never agreed to losing a single batte or a soul to boko harem.

Enjoy your Meal!

Mr. Seun, I just got back from a 2 month ban by mynd44. My Crime? I called a young bloke terrorising my mentions with infuriating comments a busy body'' is all.

I made a reasonable contribution to a thread in Family and this guy pops up 3 days later to talk trash, mentioning mynd44 each time I appeared to lose my temper with him. Granted I may have overstepped my bounds is thar worthy of a 2 month Ban?

I was once a very popular writer in literature section but stopped due to rubbish bans. Bots will ban me for posting long stories then mods will ban me for replying nogood readers who just won't stop with insults.

The beauty of banning matured minds unjustly, those willing to offer ideas and help, is that we don't change to suit you like the kids on Front page. We quit entirely and move on.

Good day to you, sirs.
You're in your home giving useless analysis..
There was no lost Mr man..
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by ObiOkpor(m): 10:57pm On Dec 24, 2019
Willgates:

A friend reportedly lost his brother
Not in Damaturu..
Your friend is lying
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by JONSYN7154: 11:04pm On Dec 24, 2019
Xbee007:

Mohammed Yusuf's son has since been ousted. Another person is in charge now.
. That I don't know sha
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Eze2000(m): 11:14pm On Dec 24, 2019
ObiOkpor:

You're in your home giving useless analysis..
There was no lost Mr man..

And I am sure you are ground zero observing it all and typing useless English with your phone.

Come back when the battle is over and you can type good English then enlighten me more.
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by BitCraftman: 12:49am On Dec 25, 2019
Khaleell001:

What's this one saying?

You well so?
Do you follow news at all?
It was stated in news few days ago now.

https://www.nairaland.com/5591763/cjn-sharia-law-not-islamisation

read how they claimed the "whole life of Muslim is governed by the law of his religion" there and stop making it look like I overreacted.
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by BitCraftman: 12:51am On Dec 25, 2019
Debaiz:

And under the sharia law, they will be beheaded without delay. No time for life imprisonment or those long useless sentences.
No o. they know how to soften it to the advantage of their religion once that is allowed.
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by BitCraftman: 12:54am On Dec 25, 2019
Fashdeejay:

Nigeria is not an Islamic state, please be guided when talking Nigeria is a mixed religious country so no one religion should claim sole propriety of our rule of law...
That's what they are pushing for o.

.Read the first three paragraph of this news well please. They want the law of their religion to fully govern their life.
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by BitCraftman: 1:05am On Dec 25, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

In fact it's democracy that's giving these BH boys joy. If someone tries anything like that in Saudi you can be sure that he'll be beheaded or crucified in broad daylight.

Many scholars have been jailed in Saudi just because they have terrorist tendencies in their speech. And once government give you warning but you refuse na prison be next. You won't even get to the level of forming a group let alone acquiring arms or public aid before you are imprisoned, indefinitely.
Forget that trash logic sir. They sharia itself is open to interpretations and how does one Muslim lord it over another when it comes to choosing "who judges who" in the sharia court. Religion isn't any of what we make how of it. Let sharia be removed even from states.
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by Debaiz: 1:06am On Dec 25, 2019
BitCraftman:
No o. they know how to soften it to the advantage of their religion once that is allowed.

Ok
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by BitCraftman: 1:08am On Dec 25, 2019
AntiWailer:
What are u posting ?
Please read the first two paragraphs in this news and see what I am posting.
They want the religion to fully govern their life.
Re: ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources by CoolAmbience(m): 1:16am On Dec 25, 2019
BabaRamota1980:
How many decimations will it take to exterminate boko haram?

Weve had decimations for 7yrs running and the mofos refuse to be decimated. Whats goin on?

This is an ideological war. Not a conventional one.

I don't know if you get? Just like asking why the world hadn't wiped out ISIS?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senators Urhoghide & Akinyelure Dump PDP / Female Suicide Bomber Killed At Army Barracks / Buhari Is Free To Appoint All His Cabinet From One Village – Pat Utomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.