Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments (34546 Views)

Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal / How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments / Arik Air To Be Renamed Nigeria Eagle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Sensiblerealist: 3:04pm On Dec 24, 2019
If this place was Twitter street, you would have been roasted like burnt Barbecue a la .
Learn more about stuff before spilling

DonFreshmoney:
You mean that you cant live without AC or what.. less than an hour in the air and you want to feel like a boss... AC choke you dere
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Tapout(m): 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2019
and i was about to book a flight...good thing i stumbled on this
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by adedayourt(m): 3:27pm On Dec 24, 2019
[quote author=Nigerfine3 post=85182080][/quote]

Pikshow or adonbilivit
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by adedayourt(m): 3:27pm On Dec 24, 2019
Angelfrost:

Open window??! Are you and the other guy above kidding??!.. Open window in an airborne plane... Na so to die dey sweet am??!

Person cannot die, u ll just wine dwn small
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Teespice(f): 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
You mean that you cant live without AC or what.. less than an hour in the air and you want to feel like a boss... AC choke you dere
l

Kai

Ignorance is a disease shaaaaaaa.
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Izigha(m): 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2019
No AC in an aircraft is not even possible. Nigeria is a very hot country. Is the guy from outside the country? It's winter now in Europe and North America and if you come from there to Nigeria at this time you might feel hotter than people around you.
It might also be that the settings of the AC was high since it's harmattan now

1 Like

Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Bobby4345: 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
Before you make silly comments THINK...
Can you drive your car for 2hours without air conditioning and all windows closed?
Or you think for aeroplanes operating in high altitude windows are open.

4 Likes

Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by mechanics(m): 3:52pm On Dec 24, 2019
Nawa o, this incidence should be probed, I doubt if the aviation authorities where aware about this issue.
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by armadeo(m): 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2019
Many nigerians have never been in a plane before or it's just thier usual stupid response to anything important.

Very silly sets of people. Look at the type of comments people are actually typing.

Shame!!

5 Likes

Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Vatod(m): 4:01pm On Dec 24, 2019
Na today, make them open window naa..
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Matthew2925(m): 4:13pm On Dec 24, 2019
Arik air should improve their standards abeg.
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by r4roty(m): 4:14pm On Dec 24, 2019
Theres no plane that can be aiborne without the life support system(cryogenic system) working 100%. Basically there is a small jet engine called the APU(auxillary power unit), normally located in the tail cone of the aircraft which is responsible for generating electricity for the aircraft used to power the Air- Conditioning packs and providing the air bleed for engine start up. However, in the event conditions or company policy dictate that take- off be conducted with the engine bleed turned off, the cabin AC will not be effective during boarding.This is the case with the arik aircraft in question.

3 Likes

Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Ayemileto(m): 4:22pm On Dec 24, 2019
Cantonese:
The man must have some form of sickness. It is not possible to fly an aircraft without aircondition in it. Even the pilots will not lift off. Faulty air condition means unconsciouness even before take off.

I saw a man once in LASUTH Ikeja with an ailment that required him to be in an AC environment only. If he left an AC environment he would be dead in 30 minutes.

The complainant should be honest to tell people his ailment and not defame the airline.

Watch the video.

They didn't take off. They left them inside the plane while maintenance was going on.

They eventually had ti disembark.

1 Like

Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by uuzba(m): 5:32pm On Dec 24, 2019
Tapout:
and i was about to book a flight...good thing i stumbled on this
This your comment. Be like Nigeria has only one Aeroplane, this very one in the story.
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by chima4UK(m): 5:32pm On Dec 24, 2019
inspitation:
I prefer this no AC flight o the last one i flew with AC i was almost frozen before i alighted from the flight
You can easily adjust the AC using the knobs. That’s not a reason for Arik to continue in this nonsense. This was exactly my experience in 2014 when they were operating their long haul flight, LON - LAG. Thought they have improved.
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Wazzap: 5:35pm On Dec 24, 2019
This is the norm for Arik. No A/C in most of their flights especially the plane named Queen of Angels that flies Ibadan Ilorin Abuja route
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Mikeparlo12(m): 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2019
And there is no way you can roll the windows down����
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Olugbenga1234: 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
what do u mean. Have u stayed in a room with just 50 pple without fan or AC before. Talk less of an airplane that is enclosed
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Legendguru: 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2019
Really
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Originalsly: 7:01pm On Dec 24, 2019
press9jatv:

Chaiiii, Arik airlines should do the needful by providing Air conditioning in the planes.

Really? ...why should they when the passengers would sit and smile and bear and say this is Nigeria? .... and continue to patronize the airline?
Let us continue to sit and lament.... and pray that the airline do something about the discomfort....that governors pay salaries on time... etc..... one day our lamentations and prayers would be heard and all these problems would disappear... just like that.

Get up Stand up..... Stand up for your Rights
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Dextre(m): 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

Shut up dere...what kinda poor mentality you got. I'm sure you ain't been on a plane before,that is why u can say this

1 Like

Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Codes151(m): 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
illiterates
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Tomide007: 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2019
ogawisdom:
Ac for this weather lol

The AC was probably on low n d bush man didn't kw
Guy....I've taken the same before.....IB to ABJ .same arik..it was hell...
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by luluosas(m): 9:30pm On Dec 24, 2019
That's bad. Serious suffocation
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by bobo65(m): 10:06pm On Dec 24, 2019
post=85179665:
This our darling country sef!

Wetin Chukwudi no go see inside Gala Carton ?!

Na to just open am begin laff!

cheesy

This is when gala was still sweet

Now I no understand wetin dem dey produce
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by redsun(m): 10:08pm On Dec 24, 2019
When something as like as a tear on a plane seat is ignored,it could mean something more complex and high risl is faulty and ignored in the engine.

There is no little fault in a plane,not even leaving your cell phone on on take off and landing like most Nigerians do.
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Brush1: 10:56pm On Dec 24, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

What exactly are you saying. Such could lead to suffocation because the windows are usually shut without ventilation. Try board one and you would understand.
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by sylve11: 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2019
nototribalist:
So many shits are going on in Nigeria this year 2019, please all these nonsense must not be carried over to 2020.

grin grin cool
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Cantonese: 11:38pm On Dec 24, 2019
edoairways:

So those using note book as fans have ailment I suppose? undecided

Come on. That's not what we are talking about. Be serious johh.
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Cantonese: 11:42pm On Dec 24, 2019
Ayemileto:

Watch the video.

They didn't take off. They left them inside the plane while maintenance was going on.

They eventually had ti disembark.

Oh ok. I actually did not watch it. I commented spontaneously. But once again note that within a pressurized cabin like in an aeroplane no one can fly.
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by TruthSpeaker: 2:44am On Dec 25, 2019
ARIK airline should be disbanded for life. When they get themselves in other a new name should be awarded and re-registered. That flight was not cloud worthy and everybody knows that. This case shouldn’t be taken likely, even a 100% refund to the passengers is not enough compensation. If measures are not taken very soon “Danfo buses-like” planes will begin to fly in Nigeria.
Re: No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments by Fortissimo502: 3:52am On Dec 25, 2019
This is very disturbing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder / Are You Traveling This Festive Period? You Need To Read This / Ohanmi Road Washes Off Two Months After Completion (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.