Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,589 members, 7,840,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Obasanjo Is ‘comical,’ Says Atiku Campaign Organisation ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Is ‘comical,’ Says Atiku Campaign Organisation ! (592 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Ibb Is A Pillar Of Unity, Stability, Says Atiku / Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Is ‘comical,’ Says Atiku Campaign Organisation ! by wales(m): 12:52pm On Nov 30, 2010
Obasanjo is comical says Atiku Campaign Organisation *Makes new appointments By Festus Owete November 29, 2010 Ben Obi had barely been formally named the campaign chief for former Vice President Atiku Abubakar before he aimed a few salvos in the direction of the man everyone loves to hate, Mr. Abubakar’s estranged former boss, Olusegun Obasanjo. Mr. Obasanjo, who was president when Mr. Abubakar served unhappily as his deputy, is little more than a jester, Mr. Obi said Monday at a news conference in Abuja, in response to Mr. Obasanjo’s stated reaction to news that his former deputy had emerged as the “consensus” candidate for the North. Mr Obasanjo had last Thursday laughed off the selection of Mr. Abubakar while talking to reporters in Abuja. Asked to respond to the news, the former president had simply said, in pidgin, “I dey laugh.” “We look at him and said the man is always comical with his comments,” Mr Obi said. “We don’t need to engage him, we don’t intend to engage him in matters of that nature.” Mr Obi, a former senator, also dismissed suggestions that the former vice president will face challenges to his membership in the PDP, as indicated at the weekend by the governor of Akwa Ibom State, Godswill Akpabio. He described Mr Akpabio as a busybody who should not be taken seriously since he is neither the chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) nor its spokesman. “I am happy you refer to him (Akpabio) as Akwa Ibom State governor and not the chairman of the PDP. He does not double as the spokesman of the PDP. That is a busybody,” Mr Obi said. Mr Obi will run an Atiku campaign that has just absorbed the campaign organisations of his three other rivals, all from the political North, who have agreed to step down for him. These were former military strongman Ibrahim Babangida, the former national security adviser Aliyu Mohammed Gusau, and the governor of Kwara State, Bukola Saraki. Mr. Obi said the Atiku campaign also has appointed several officials from the erswhile rival campaigns. These include Chris Mammah, who will serve as principal spokesman for the campaignand Bashir Yusuf Ibrahim, who will run campaign operations.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5647446-146/obasanjo_is_comical_says_atiku_campaign.csp
Re: Obasanjo Is ‘comical,’ Says Atiku Campaign Organisation ! by wales(m): 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2010
Mr. Atiku is simply NOT electable. The US Senate 330-page Report released in February 2010 cites how US$2.8 million of Siemens AG bribe was wired to three accounts held by Atiku's fourth wife, Jennifer Douglas Atiku. Siemens AG also acknowledged publicly, also quoted in the report, that they, in addition, made cash payments of about US$2 million to Jennifer on behalf of Atiku. Jennifer's response when interviewed by the US Senate Sub-committee was that she had no knowledge of the source of the transfers and payments and only assumed they were coming from her husband (Mr. Atiku). Fellow Nigerians, Atiku, said he has not been corrupt as per the interview published by 234NEXT.com yesterday. I shall suggest to all well-meaning Nigerians and Editors of Nigerian newspapers to read pages 173 to 195 of the Report. Is this man who is so steeped in corruption that Nigerians want to foist as their President in 2011? Personally, I cannot allow such a person to be my President. If this ever happens, Tufiakwa, I shall take the United States citizenship immediately and send my Nigeria's passport to Atiku. He can then go to the loo with it if he so desires.
Re: Obasanjo Is ‘comical,’ Says Atiku Campaign Organisation ! by slowpoison(m): 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2010
I agree the man Atiku is not electable but the Ciromas of Nigeria will not agree. even if you put the report and Jennifer Atiku confesses again in front of Prophet Ciroma and co they will still try to foster him on Nigerian, just as the forced Shagari on us. but if Northern members of PDP accept Atiku who is afounding member of Action Congress I am sure southern member will tell him that they will not follow him as he might dump them and move to another platform again

(1) (Reply)

Why Will Gej Offer Bribe To Pator Bakare? / Lagos-benin Express Road: Oshiomhole, Okonjo-iweala Query Minister / Who Do You Want As The Nigerian President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.