Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat (95835 Views)

Meet Gadzama: The Pilot Who Flew The Crashed King Air 350 Aircraft In Abuja / Meet The Air Peace Crew That Flew In The Medical Supplies From Turkey(photos) / ‘Di Asa’ Winner, PM, kicked off Emirates flight to Dubai for being too Fat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by armadeo(m): 10:30pm On Dec 24, 2019
fashrola:

Smh... You must be a very terrible person in real life Sha

Typical evil nigerian.

I was so shocked reading his post.
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by kaima1984(f): 10:33pm On Dec 24, 2019
See people wey dey work and see me we dey JOB, instead of treating me this way they are busy cutting my salary, incentive i no see, Christmas bonus no way,God please pick my call because e don tey wey I dey call you
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by armadeo(m): 10:39pm On Dec 24, 2019
Jude4Jesus:
Pele, be there abusing them and they are enjoying their lives, find joy in something oga, if I should ask what one thing have you done in 2019 to improve Nigerian

Is it the job of soft com to develop Nigeria. The government has made it hard for any business to thrive and this one is shouting develop Nigeria.

Let him answer with something he has done to make nigeria better today.

Probably not even paying tax.
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by xcelentattitude(m): 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2019
This is lovely!

It's a nice way to get them of to their best from the beginning of the year. Other companies will stylishly owe their workers salary with the hope that some will get angry and not come back so they can sweep the money under the carpet, but this one is different. They will surely perform 10x more than they did this year by the time they resume next year.
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by DexterousOne(m): 10:45pm On Dec 24, 2019
magilou:
Shameless idiots. They're unable to develop their country despite the fact that it is blessed with oil like Dubai. Yet they still have the face to go flex in Dubai. Smh for the people of this country.

What is this one saying?
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by DexterousOne(m): 10:47pm On Dec 24, 2019
gypsey:
Dubai For retreat ehen? Next year when the company owes them 6 months Salaries. don't call me to come and protest.
This comment coming from you is shocking
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by DexterousOne(m): 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
Such corporate expense is not sustainable.

I hope the company will stay afloat in the next five years. Not even a Fortune500 company will embark on such lavish expenditure.
\
Let's see

There is a madt Chinese big man that flies all his staff annually to Paris
Thousands of staff o

So it's possible
If you get massive discounts on the flight
And you made mad profits

If could also be disguised marketing strategy
Which is also good

Now every one will know the company

3 Likes

Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by DexterousOne(m): 10:52pm On Dec 24, 2019
Neoteny:

Nope

Real business people are taught to evaluate and mitigate risks. There's something called business continuity.

I'm more concerned that they completely closed shop to travel and have fun. What sort of business does that?

It's possible they got stuff figured out
They obviously are not stupid

1 Like

Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by DexterousOne(m): 10:53pm On Dec 24, 2019
EI:
Good treat for the staff, but let’s stop to think of how much local economic empowerment this would have had, having same retreat at Obudu, Lagos or Abuja.
We need to think more “Nigeria”...!

Think Nigeria indeed
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by obowunmi(m): 10:53pm On Dec 24, 2019
The company is owned by Vice President Osinbajo. Softcom owns ALL contracts from the Vice President's office.

2 Likes

Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by Neoteny(m): 10:56pm On Dec 24, 2019
DexterousOne:

It's possible they got stuff figured out
They obviously are not stupid

How is it obvious?

Forgotten about the Chapecoense football team that was nearly all wiped out in a plane crash,?
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by DexterousOne(m): 10:57pm On Dec 24, 2019
blowjohn:

That is if u don't plan on building houses up and down like a typical Nigerian .
That is if ur not greedy and self centred like a typical Nigerian.
That is if u don't use all the profits coming from ur business to want to build houses in the village and buy plenty over expensive cars in abuja

TRUTH

Staff deserve goodies
And not be treated like expendables
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by anochuko01(m): 10:58pm On Dec 24, 2019
humblemikel:

How can I get one of this books please
Can you give me one for Christmas
Something to spiceup my soul cause it's going to be a really boring Christmas here
They're only distributing to schools for now, while others have been asked to pre order online. So I guess you'll also have to pre order. But you could get a copy at DSN (the actual owners of the book) if you're in Lagos.
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by DexterousOne(m): 10:58pm On Dec 24, 2019
Neoteny:

How is it obvious?

Forgotten about the Chapecoense football team that was nearly all wiped out in a plane crash,?
I did
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by InvertedHammer: 10:59pm On Dec 24, 2019
franchasng:
It is Nigeria's money na....they are the company handling TraderMoni and NPower projects under VP Osinbajo...so you can imagine how much billions they have stole through these two projects. If you know how they use contract execution to loot Nigeria dry, you will weep for the nation cry
/
Therein is the problem when corporations tie their existence to a particular government. Once Buhari's tenure is over, the company folds. Take a look at DAAR Communication and her romance with GEJ's government. They can barely pay salaries.
/
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by bio118(f): 11:22pm On Dec 24, 2019
Neoteny:
So if the plane crashed the entire company is wiped off.

Dumb idea
o
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by Ndipe(m): 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2019
Nice one. Hope other companies will follow suit.
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by Neoteny(m): 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2019
bio118:
oponu

Is that your family name?
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by Depressed101: 11:31pm On Dec 24, 2019
dawnomike:
This is very impressive!
I wish to do this for my workers someday
pls sir i am in search of a job, i have a diploma in graphic design, i very familiar with Microsoft softwares including PowerPoint, i will be very glad to work with you... Pls sir..
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by ibietela2(m): 11:38pm On Dec 24, 2019
dawnomike:
This is very impressive!
I wish to do this for my workers someday

Amen o
Mine as well
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by Scout60(m): 11:55pm On Dec 24, 2019
magilou:
Shameless idiots. They're unable to develop their country despite the fact that it is blessed with oil like Dubai. Yet they still have the face to go flex in Dubai. Smh for the people of this country.

where do your president spend his vacation?
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by mancheeutd(m): 11:57pm On Dec 24, 2019
celeiyke:
Were the support among? But this company should be properly taxed. FIRS n LIRS need to look here

Company owned by VVG The more you see the less you understand.
THIS IS NIGERIA
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by Horbar1: 12:04am On Dec 25, 2019
donbachi:
so I will take 10 nairalanders to Dubai next year....by the special grace of GOD.
Amen bro. With God on your side.
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by Zooposki(f): 12:11am On Dec 25, 2019
Let Dubai patronize their products, not Nigerians. Let me read up on them so I don’t mistakenly patronize this unpatriotic company.
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by slaypapa: 12:31am On Dec 25, 2019
I hope gateman is included?
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by banio: 12:40am On Dec 25, 2019
Only the Nigerian national cake does such wonders in the WORLD
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by googi: 12:53am On Dec 25, 2019
It is a nice gesture.

Nigerians prefer anything foreign. I agree that the money could have been better spent inside Nigeria.

I hope the workers had a choice on how to spend the allowance or benefit. Some could have preferred down payment on land or house. Others local holidays for their families.

One idea fits all may not be prudent. There may be other motives that benefit the company only.
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by BrutalJab: 1:09am On Dec 25, 2019
donbachi:
so I will take 10 nairalanders to Dubai next year....by the special grace of GOD.

it's possible
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by kodred(m): 1:29am On Dec 25, 2019
donbachi:

Lol. For work or to just flex and come back?
Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by IgboSomalia: 1:30am On Dec 25, 2019
MyExpression:
Why take all...he should have taken them in levels/grade.

It would make those in the lower cadre aspire to something and put in more productivity.

Anybody can be a staff based on recruitment process but not everyone can grow in the organizational ladder.

It's a great treat tho...buh I'd rather reserve it for functional heads...as a motivation to them and an inspiration to those on the lower rung of the ladder.

This is why you don't have anything doing with your life, just a digital mercenary writing useless materials no one is interested in.

You can't grow because you have an evil heart.

1 Like

Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by IgboSomalia: 1:32am On Dec 25, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
Such corporate expense is not sustainable.

I hope the company will stay afloat in the next five years. Not even a Fortune500 company will embark on such lavish expenditure.
\

Bla Bla bla

The money shared as end of year bonuses to top management would conveniently do this for their staff.

This is a tech company where their developers could be poached by foreign companies. They are offering word class treatment to their valued employees and one miserly bean-counter is making noise.

1 Like

Re: Softcom Flew All Employees To Dubai For Retreat by IgboSomalia: 1:34am On Dec 25, 2019
operationmoses:
Fraudulent company thieves

See this poor gala hawker. Better go and learn fan belt business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

North Cyprus: Part 2 / Abuja-kaduna Train Schedule / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.