Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,827 members, 7,817,413 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas (106593 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Austineva(m): 11:53am On Dec 25, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
Those are not churches.....

They aren't even Christians to start with

They have their own Religion
I tell u
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Roycemadeit(m): 11:53am On Dec 25, 2019
Gallantrugged:

You're wrong, you're in a state of confusion rather. You can just pray to God your creator if you believe that you were created by Him in the first place, for His guidance to the right path while you sincere, and Wallahi you shall find a devine intervention, just like He Guided many who were in error much more than you...

Would I need to pray and ask my creator before he guides me through? I thought he already created me to experience life. The problem is that you have drawn a line between that which you call greatness and what is not. You forget that every act, is with the permission of God.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Austineva(m): 11:54am On Dec 25, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
That one is their cup of tea.
They can't celebrate Christmas but they will celebrate their pastor's birthday
Anyways wetin concern me
Celebrating Christmas in a Catholic church is one of the best experience

*Off to go and fry chicken cheesy*
God bless u
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Gallantrugged: 11:56am On Dec 25, 2019
Roycemadeit:

Would I need to pray and ask my creator before he guides me through? I thought he already created me to experience life. The problem is that you have drawn a line between that which you call greatness and what is not. You forget that every act, is with the permission of God.

Mehhhnn, you just made me speechless, you're wonderful. Lol
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by skentelelady(f): 11:59am On Dec 25, 2019
edoairways:

MFM holding Christmas service? Do you have the live link?

search mfm online. It's manna water service and special program of divine acceleration

The GO is explaining more about Christmas now and the powers behind it
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by sulasa07(m): 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2019
mgbadadike:
Jesus Christ wasn't born on the 25th of December, but 25th December was chosen to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So what's wrong with it?
Everything is wrong with it!
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by spiralwedge(m): 12:04pm On Dec 25, 2019
Sunnycliff:

Mark 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

John 20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

Acts 20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1 Corinthians 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Jesus rose on the first day.
The apostles gathered in fellowship on the first day and Jesus declared peace unto them.
The apostles gathered offerings as instructed by Paul under the power of the Holy Spirit.

These are why we worship on Sunday

I wanted to call you slow spoke, but I rescinded.

Sunday, first day of the week, was dedicated to the Sun God. And it is still named after the Sun God.

Pagan astrologers studied the Galaxy and gave us the calendar. Now we have 365 days, 12 months, 7 days a week, all named after pagan gods.

Your "first day of the week" is based on the scientific research and classification of pagan science.

In order words, Sunday is so pagan and you still go to church on Sunday.

Now compare with Christmas. Same! Perhaps, Christmas is better because even the name points to Christ.

Don't be ridiculous and gerarahia.

2 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sunnycliff(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2019
edoairways:

Then your church is hypocrite for chosen that date in the first place. If there wasn't new day celebration your church wouldn't have held any program on that date

We still hold programs anyday of the year. Even today, we are coming back from the camp
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Gallantrugged: 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2019
Roycemadeit:

Honestly, you need to take my advice. Every thing is with the permission of God but, He instructed us to ask him and pray to him. He guides and at the same time He misguides for reasons best known to Him. Prayer has the power to make Him change or alter anything He had already willed
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sunnycliff(m): 12:07pm On Dec 25, 2019
MiddleDimension:

he already did when he says whatever you consider bound on earth is considered bound in heaven
he himself was the first to celebrate it in luke 2:13 and 14
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men

That was Christ birth. It was a blessing to the world but no day was mentioned, so it wasn't specific for celebration. FYI the birth of Christ wasn't in this period.

That the world decides to practice gay, does it make it right before God?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sunnycliff(m): 12:08pm On Dec 25, 2019
MiddleDimension:

the birth of jesus is not recorded in the bible?

I mean the day or month
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by spiralwedge(m): 12:09pm On Dec 25, 2019
Sunnycliff:

We don't rather we hold prayers commiting the new year into God's hands and commanding the new year to favour us.

Why should you commit the new year into God's hand?

Don't you know that the Gregorian calendar you are using and "commiting" is made by pagans?

All the years, months, weeks and days were researched and classified by astrologers and they were all even named after pagan gods, yet your church is committing pagan named year and months into God's hands? Smh

That's too hypocritical. Can never attend your church.

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sunnycliff(m): 12:09pm On Dec 25, 2019
edoairways:

Did Jesus say you should have fellow on Sundays?
Did he say you downgrade other Christians because your members are fond of doing that

Choosing to worship God even on Fridays is not a sin. Saudis and UAE have Friday as their worship day while Sundays are for work. If you conduct church service that day, it's not a sin.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Amumaigwe: 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2019
jcross19:
hypocrites in the church of God well the same churches are worshipping on Sunday which has demonic root! some church leaders are just bunch of Pharisee.

And collecting and defending thithes which Jesus did not collect.

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by NLSavage: 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2019
valuedammy:
Religion is a scam, a big form deciet, how come different denominations who claim to serve same God and read same Holy Book have diffrent beliefs...I give up on Religion but believe in God existence.
Same here bro.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by ndidibabe(f): 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2019
MrCuteking:
If a church doesn't celebrate Christmas, does it make it better than others? I know one proud church called "Church of Christ". They make Christianity very boring by focusing on the mentality that other churches are not from God except theirs. Whereas, their lifestyles does not portray a life of a good christian.

Of a truth, God exists but churches are competing against one another. Little wonder why pastors will tell you their churches are the final bustop. What a world we live in.
Pls tell me about their lifestyles..
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sunnycliff(m): 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2019
Uchesis:

can you prove that it was on a sunday that Christ resurrected?
hypocrites everywhere. abeg where is my chicken?

Mark 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

What is the first day of the week?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sunnycliff(m): 12:12pm On Dec 25, 2019
olutoscene:

Worshipping on Sunday has no scriptural injunction either... There is no crime and choosing a day as a consensus to celebrate the birth of Jesus!

Who and who arrived at the consensus?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sunnycliff(m): 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2019
drakeli:
Lie!!! We worship on Sunday because Roman emperor Constantine made it so. Jesus did not resurrect on Sunday. He resurrected on Monday. The Bible says Jesus would spend three days and three nights in the grave. Jesus was buried Friday evening. By your calculation, how did that end on Sunday morning . You won’t see that one because probably you don’t study yourself and you are one of the people that only believe in “our pastor says.

You can see when he resurrected
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Roycemadeit(m): 12:16pm On Dec 25, 2019
Gallantrugged:

Honestly, you need to take my advice. Every thing is with the permission of God but, He instructed us to ask him and pray to him. He guides and at the same time He misguides for reasons best known to Him. Prayer has the power to make Him change or alter anything He had already willed

The reason why I would not do so, is that God's perspective is not ours, ours have been segmented, grade with selfishness. You see, when you pray and expect God to change this or that and it doesn't happen, you get hurt. The truth is, no clime in which we find ourselves is bad, no act is even bad, you are here to experience something, you choose to be here. The reason you have simply forgotten.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sunnycliff(m): 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2019
spiralwedge:

Why should you commit the new year into God's hand?

Don't you know that the Gregorian calendar you are using and "commiting" is made by pagans?

All the years, months, weeks and days were researched and classified by astrologers and they were all even named after pagan gods, yet your church is committing pagan named year and months into God's hands? Smh

That's too hypocritical. Can never attend your church.

I wake up everyday and say my prayers, commanding my day. So there's nothing extraordinary about anyday, rather the live of holiness and righteousness one has to live to see God on the last day
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by NLSavage: 12:18pm On Dec 25, 2019
Mcuzy:
Do u know u are of pagan origin ? Go to wikipedia.com and Google Africa . That means Christ won't accept u . If u don't believe This argue with ur phone
I laugh at you. Black people are actually the real israelites. Go to YouTube and wiki. Do research and come back.
Muyiwaipere please see this too
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by gentiles98: 12:18pm On Dec 25, 2019
How Did Christmas Come to Be Celebrated on December 25?

A. Roman pagans first introduced the holiday of Saturnalia, a week long period of lawlessness celebrated between December 17-25. During this period, Roman courts were closed, and Roman law dictated that no one could be punished for damaging property or injuring people during the weeklong celebration. The festival began when Roman authorities chose “an enemy of the Roman people” to represent the “Lord of Misrule.” Each Roman community selected a victim whom they forced to indulge in food and other physical pleasures throughout the week. At the festival’s conclusion, December 25th, Roman authorities believed they were destroying the forces of darkness by brutally murdering this innocent man or woman.

B. The ancient Greek writer poet and historian Lucian (in his dialogue entitled Saturnalia) describes the festival’s observance in his time. In addition to human sacrifice, he mentions these customs: widespread intoxication; going from house to house while singing naked; rape and other sexual license; and consuming human-shaped biscuits (still produced in some English and most German bakeries during the Christmas season).

C. In the 4th century CE, Christianity imported the Saturnalia festival hoping to take the pagan masses in with it. Christian leaders succeeded in converting to Christianity large numbers of pagans by promising them that they could continue to celebrate the Saturnalia as Christians.[2]

D. The problem was that there was nothing intrinsically Christian about Saturnalia. To remedy this, these Christian leaders named Saturnalia’s concluding day, December 25th, to be Jesus’ birthday.

E. Christians had little success, however, refining the practices of Saturnalia. As Stephen Nissenbaum, professor history at the University of Massachussetts, Amherst, writes, “In return for ensuring massive observance of the anniversary of the Savior’s birth by assigning it to this resonant date, the Church for its part tacitly agreed to allow the holiday to be celebrated more or less the way it had always been.” The earliest Christmas holidays were celebrated by drinking, sexual indulgence, singing naked in the streets (a precursor of modern caroling), etc.

F. The Reverend Increase Mather of Boston observed in 1687 that “the early Christians who first observed the Nativity on December 25 did not do so thinking that Christ was born in that Month, but because the Heathens’ Saturnalia was at that time kept in Rome, and they were willing to have those Pagan Holidays metamorphosed into Christian ones.”[3] Because of its known pagan origin, Christmas was banned by the Puritans and its observance was illegal in Massachusetts between 1659 and 1681.[4] However, Christmas was and still is celebrated by most Christians.

G. Some of the most depraved customs of the Saturnalia carnival were intentionally revived by the Catholic Church in 1466 when Pope Paul II, for the amusement of his Roman citizens, forced Jews to race naked through the streets of the city. An eyewitness account reports, “Before they were to run, the Jews were richly fed, so as to make the race more difficult for them and at the same time more amusing for spectators. They ran… amid Rome’s taunting shrieks and peals of laughter, while the Holy Father stood upon a richly ornamented balcony and laughed heartily.”[5]

H. As part of the Saturnalia carnival throughout the 18th and 19th centuries CE, rabbis of the ghetto in Rome were forced to wear clownish outfits and march through the city streets to the jeers of the crowd, pelted by a variety of missiles. When the Jewish community of Rome sent a petition in1836 to Pope Gregory XVI begging him to stop the annual Saturnalia abuse of the Jewish community, he responded, “It is not opportune to make any innovation.”[6] On December 25, 1881, Christian leaders whipped the Polish masses into Antisemitic frenzies that led to riots across the country. In Warsaw 12 Jews were brutally murdered, huge numbers maimed, and many Jewish women were raped. Two million rubles worth of property was destroyed.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Roycemadeit(m): 12:19pm On Dec 25, 2019
Sunnycliff:

I wake up everyday and say my prayers, commanding my day. So there's nothing extraordinary about anyday, rather the live of holiness and righteousness one has to live to see God on the last day
Every day is the same day.
Same Day different event, we are the ones aging. Thus, yesterday is today, tomorrow is today.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sunnycliff(m): 12:19pm On Dec 25, 2019
spiralwedge:

I wanted to call you slow spoke, but I rescinded.

Sunday, first day of the week, was dedicated to the Sun God. And it is still named after the Sun God.

Pagan astrologers studied the Galaxy and gave us the calendar. Now we have 365 days, 12 months, 7 days a week, all named after pagan gods.

Your "first day of the week" is based on the scientific research and classification of pagan science.

In order words, Sunday is so pagan and you still go to church on Sunday.

Now compare with Christmas. Same! Perhaps, Christmas is better because even the name points to Christ.

Don't be ridiculous and gerarahia.

If the apostles of Jesus could worship on Sunday and Christ celebrated with them, who am I? I have to follow the footsteps of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and his apostles that were before me.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by spiralwedge(m): 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2019
Sunnycliff:

You are speaking from the 2 sides of your mouth now. And you should be ashamed of yourself for such hypocrisy in public.

Nothing extraordinary about any day, yet you and your church are committing the new year (with pagan origin and full of months with pagan names) into God's hands?

Tufuakwa.... Smh.

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sunnycliff(m): 12:24pm On Dec 25, 2019
Am following

gentiles98:
How Did Christmas Come to Be Celebrated on December 25?

A. Roman pagans first introduced the holiday of Saturnalia, a week long period of lawlessness celebrated between December 17-25. During this period, Roman courts were closed, and Roman law dictated that no one could be punished for damaging property or injuring people during the weeklong celebration. The festival began when Roman authorities chose “an enemy of the Roman people” to represent the “Lord of Misrule.” Each Roman community selected a victim whom they forced to indulge in food and other physical pleasures throughout the week. At the festival’s conclusion, December 25th, Roman authorities believed they were destroying the forces of darkness by brutally murdering this innocent man or woman.

B. The ancient Greek writer poet and historian Lucian (in his dialogue entitled Saturnalia) describes the festival’s observance in his time. In addition to human sacrifice, he mentions these customs: widespread intoxication; going from house to house while singing naked; rape and other sexual license; and consuming human-shaped biscuits (still produced in some English and most German bakeries during the Christmas season).

C. In the 4th century CE, Christianity imported the Saturnalia festival hoping to take the pagan masses in with it. Christian leaders succeeded in converting to Christianity large numbers of pagans by promising them that they could continue to celebrate the Saturnalia as Christians.[2]

D. The problem was that there was nothing intrinsically Christian about Saturnalia. To remedy this, these Christian leaders named Saturnalia’s concluding day, December 25th, to be Jesus’ birthday.

E. Christians had little success, however, refining the practices of Saturnalia. As Stephen Nissenbaum, professor history at the University of Massachussetts, Amherst, writes, “In return for ensuring massive observance of the anniversary of the Savior’s birth by assigning it to this resonant date, the Church for its part tacitly agreed to allow the holiday to be celebrated more or less the way it had always been.” The earliest Christmas holidays were celebrated by drinking, sexual indulgence, singing naked in the streets (a precursor of modern caroling), etc.

F. The Reverend Increase Mather of Boston observed in 1687 that “the early Christians who first observed the Nativity on December 25 did not do so thinking that Christ was born in that Month, but because the Heathens’ Saturnalia was at that time kept in Rome, and they were willing to have those Pagan Holidays metamorphosed into Christian ones.”[3] Because of its known pagan origin, Christmas was banned by the Puritans and its observance was illegal in Massachusetts between 1659 and 1681.[4] However, Christmas was and still is celebrated by most Christians.

G. Some of the most depraved customs of the Saturnalia carnival were intentionally revived by the Catholic Church in 1466 when Pope Paul II, for the amusement of his Roman citizens, forced Jews to race naked through the streets of the city. An eyewitness account reports, “Before they were to run, the Jews were richly fed, so as to make the race more difficult for them and at the same time more amusing for spectators. They ran… amid Rome’s taunting shrieks and peals of laughter, while the Holy Father stood upon a richly ornamented balcony and laughed heartily.”[5]

H. As part of the Saturnalia carnival throughout the 18th and 19th centuries CE, rabbis of the ghetto in Rome were forced to wear clownish outfits and march through the city streets to the jeers of the crowd, pelted by a variety of missiles. When the Jewish community of Rome sent a petition in1836 to Pope Gregory XVI begging him to stop the annual Saturnalia abuse of the Jewish community, he responded, “It is not opportune to make any innovation.”[6] On December 25, 1881, Christian leaders whipped the Polish masses into Antisemitic frenzies that led to riots across the country. In Warsaw 12 Jews were brutally murdered, huge numbers maimed, and many Jewish women were raped. Two million rubles worth of property was destroyed.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Gallantrugged: 12:25pm On Dec 25, 2019
Roycemadeit:

The reason why I would not do so, is that God's perspective is not ours, ours have been segmented, grade with selfishness. You see, when you pray and expect God to change this or that and it doesn't happen, you get hurt. The truth is, no clime in which we find ourselves is bad, no act is even bad, you are here to experience something, you choose to be here. The reason you have simply forgotten.

Thank you for letting me comprehend your standpoint nicely, I wish I could have a personal conversation and talk more on the subject. But I still appreciate...

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by spiralwedge(m): 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2019
Sunnycliff:

If the apostles of Jesus could worship on Sunday and Christ celebrated with them, who am I? I have to follow the footsteps of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and his apostles that were before me.

It really shows you are not using common sense with your Christianity.

So if Christ and his disciples could upturn a pagan to a day when God Almighty is worshipped,
WHAT IS STOPPING YOU FROM CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS WHICH ACTUALLY POINTS TO CHRIST HIMSELF.

The pagan elements in Christmas had since been removed and even the name has been changed to CHRIST MASS which means celebration of Christ.

Do like Jesus, go look for pagan practices and upturn them to something that will give glory to God. Stop displaying low IQ in the public.

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sunnycliff(m): 12:28pm On Dec 25, 2019
spiralwedge:

You are speaking from the 2 sides of your mouth now. And you should be ashamed of yourself for such hypocrisy in public.

Nothing extraordinary about any day, yet you and your church are committing the new year (with pagan origin and full of months with pagan names) into God's hands?

Tufuakwa.... Smh.

Do you mean that monthly revival programs we have, whereby we commit the month into the hands of God is hypocritical? Or the prayers we hold on Sundays for the week is hypocrisy too?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by EngrchidiG25(m): 12:28pm On Dec 25, 2019
but let's come to think of it all this churches that don't celebrate Christmas their members still celebrate it on code and wishes people merry Christmas ok how far

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by spiralwedge(m): 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2019
Sunnycliff:

Do you mean that monthly revival programs we have, whereby we commit the month into the hands of God is hypocritical? Or the prayers we hold on Sundays for the week is hypocrisy too?

If they are not, so is Christmas not!

It's a matter of IQ. But those with low IQ, the Bible says, you should ask and he will give you wisdom.

Use common sense with your Christianity, and if you don't have, pray for it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

FG Relaxes Restriction On Churches, Mosques / "Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React / Pastor Touches A Lady's Vagina & Boobs During Deliverance (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.