Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Breaking: Eco Will Be Pegged To Euro. Routers News. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Breaking: Eco Will Be Pegged To Euro. Routers News. (1010 Views)

Teller Machines Pegged At N10,000 in Nigeria / ECOWAS Adopts ECO As Name Of Single Currency / Nigeria Has Been To Euro Bond Market 5 Times In Almost 2 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Eco Will Be Pegged To Euro. Routers News. by golddust6000(m): 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2019
ABIDJAN (Reuters) - West Africa's monetary union has agreed with France to rename its CFA franc the Eco and cut some of the financial links with Paris that have underpinned the region's common currency since its creation soon World War Two.

Under the deal, the Eco will remain pegged to the euro but the African countries in the bloc won't have to keep 50% of their reserves in the French Treasury and there will no longer be a French representative on the currency union's board.

Critics of the CFA have long seen it as a relic from colonial times while proponents of the currency say it has provided financial stability in a sometimes turbulent region.
"This is a historic day for West Africa," Ivory Coast's President Alassane Ouattara said during a news conference with French President Emmanuel Macron in the country's main city Abidjan.

"Yes, it's the end of certain relics of the past. Yes it's progress ... I do not want influence through guardianship, I do not want influence through intrusion. That's not the century that's being built today," said Macron.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ivorycoast-france-macron/west-africa-renames-cfa-franc-but-keeps-it-pegged-to-euro-idUSKBN1YP0JR
Re: Breaking: Eco Will Be Pegged To Euro. Routers News. by sammyj: 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2019
This is the joke of the century. What economic rationale will make the Europe give out the value of their currency to lazy Africans with extremely slow economy that depends on the Western world!! shocked
Re: Breaking: Eco Will Be Pegged To Euro. Routers News. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 24, 2019
Haha if you know what pegging really is
Re: Breaking: Eco Will Be Pegged To Euro. Routers News. by golddust6000(m): 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2019
sammyj:
This is the joke of the century. What economic rationale will make the Europe give out the value of their currency to lazy Africans with extremely slow economy that depends on the Western world!! shocked
you mean it’s good for West Africans?
Re: Breaking: Eco Will Be Pegged To Euro. Routers News. by sammyj: 6:31pm On Dec 24, 2019
How if we depend on the Western world for Technology, Healthy and Agriculture
golddust6000:
you mean it’s good for West Africans?
Re: Breaking: Eco Will Be Pegged To Euro. Routers News. by alfasexy: 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2019
Okpa042:
Haha if you know what pegging really is

Seriouly, Africa has been getting pegged by Europa since time immemorial.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Eco Will Be Pegged To Euro. Routers News. by golddust6000(m): 7:05pm On Dec 24, 2019
sammyj:
How if we depend on the Western world for Technology, Healthy and Agriculture
which agriculture you are talking about?
Re: Breaking: Eco Will Be Pegged To Euro. Routers News. by sammyj: 7:09pm On Dec 24, 2019
Don’t you import agriculture products and equipment from the western world
golddust6000:
which agriculture you are talking about?
Re: Breaking: Eco Will Be Pegged To Euro. Routers News. by golddust6000(m): 7:22pm On Dec 24, 2019
sammyj:
Don’t you import agriculture products and equipment from the western world
guy now I know you are not even current! No European agricultural product is in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Eco Will Be Pegged To Euro. Routers News. by sammyj: 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2019
Habal what about the tractors and imported products sold in the market shipped via Benin republic?
golddust6000:
guy now I know you are not even current! No European agricultural product is in Nigeria.
Re: Breaking: Eco Will Be Pegged To Euro. Routers News. by jeph19(m): 7:54pm On Dec 24, 2019
sammyj:
Habal what about the tractors and imported products sold in the market shipped via Benin republic?
Agricultural product and agricultural implement / machineries are two different things
Re: Breaking: Eco Will Be Pegged To Euro. Routers News. by golddust6000(m): 8:36pm On Dec 24, 2019
sammyj:
list one imported European product you know
So goods coming in illegally is not relying on it?? Guy wake up. We produce tractors here in commercial quantities.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me On My Okrika Cloth Business. / Why Your Opay Loan Is Taking Too Long To Verify / Let Me Help Sell Your New Consumer Goods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.