Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,657 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Mc Oluomo Is Coming For Us All. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mc Oluomo Is Coming For Us All. (4250 Views)

MC Oluomo Is Qualified To Be Oshodi Monarch - Prince Abdulwasiu Almaroof / "We Are Coming For You": Army Chief, Attahiru Tells Dokubo, Igboho / Nigerians React As MC Oluomo Is Stabbed At APC Lagos Rally. Lands In Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mc Oluomo Is Coming For Us All. by Rekhina(f): 7:55pm On Dec 25, 2019
oyatz:
We are NOT in the same category.

Look for your mates ,with whom you can be engaging in tribal slurs and ethnic profiling.

I am more refined, better educated and more exposed than that level.
Fvck u
Re: Mc Oluomo Is Coming For Us All. by Cherez: 8:21pm On Dec 25, 2019
seunmsg:

Let me see if I can help you.

OP is simply saying the children of the elites should come together and position themselves to take over political power when the current generation of old leaders quits the stage so as to prevent the children of the poor (as represented by MC Oluomo) from taking over.

He’s urging the children of the elites to organize themselves politically and stop running to Canada and other developed country so that a well organized street boys like NURTW won’t take over political power.
Please was this account hacked?
Please I dont understand this account anymore; used to admire the person behind this account though he could be biased sometimes.
Oga, it isnt elites vs poor but learned vs unlearned, crude vs refined, and aggression vs diplomacy.
The OP even sited the revenge by "touts" on shoprite against the Xeno...... attack by South Africans yet you strayed from objectivity.
Is MC Oluomo not rich? The Op may not have even boarded a flight due to paucity of funds but Oluomo has about 2kids schooling abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Mc Oluomo Is Coming For Us All. by Cherez: 8:27pm On Dec 25, 2019
Rekhina:
sound education like funsho William u agberos killed , don't be a dunce for once and see that oluomo is a nuclear bomb waiting to explode on ur pitiable generation unborn , u yorubas has always follow the part of evil cos u know evil has been winning over good
Aunty stop this
This language is too gross and too bad for your mouth.
Nawaoooooooo!
However, the OP should know this will only happen in the SW. In fact, the North is brooding lots of intelligent chaps I have as friends and they are political sons of today's top politicians (though we dont agree politically, we remain good pals).
Truly, the SW political elites are playing both money & thuggery politics which may or may not affect the SW.
@OP, your postulation is theoretically possible but in reality, the chances are low.
Re: Mc Oluomo Is Coming For Us All. by Cherez: 8:33pm On Dec 25, 2019
oyatz:
We are NOT in the same category.
Look for your mates ,with whom you can be engaging in tribal slurs and ethnic profiling.

I am more refined, better educated and more exposed than that level.
Well done bro, some people just wanna breathe and eat tribalism.
And this remains the bane of Nigeria; serious issues are trivialized using tribe & religion as a weapon.
I am an Igbo man and even my tribe has issues so why her words.
Rekhina, nne gbagbuo uzo a I na-aga ooooo!
O di kwa ver very bad
Re: Mc Oluomo Is Coming For Us All. by Rekhina(f): 12:21am On Dec 26, 2019
Cherez:

Well done bro, some people just wanna breathe and eat tribalism.
And this remains the bane of Nigeria; serious issues are trivialized using tribe & religion as a weapon.
I am an Igbo man and even my tribe has issues so why her words.
Rekhina, nne gbagbuo uzo a I na-aga ooooo!
O di kwa ver very bad
Ibu tata ok , am not small as u ka unu ga rope Tribalism on my throat , I no u be from Imo state ,

Oluomo is Yoruba, yoruba govt ,Yoruba monarchs, clergy's and professors supports agbero ( To clip visitors like igbos wings) , while agbero in the east and south are outlaws been chased by govt at the slightest provocation , so don't tell me am tribalistic
Re: Mc Oluomo Is Coming For Us All. by Rekhina(f): 12:26am On Dec 26, 2019
Cherez:

Aunty stop this
This language is too gross and too bad for your mouth.
Nawaoooooooo!
However, the OP should know this will only happen in the SW. In fact, the North is brooding lots of intelligent chaps I have as friends and they are political sons of today's top politicians (though we dont agree politically, we remain good pals).
Truly, the SW political elites are playing both money & thuggery politics which may or may not affect the SW.
@OP, your postulation is theoretically possible but in reality, the chances are low.
Am a M.sc holder nna , so tribalism isn't for the educated , u shud know I left this country because of their tribalistic stance around 2015 , And u think I will keep my mouth shut on the act of foolery going on in this country , See everyone must pay for their sins
Re: Mc Oluomo Is Coming For Us All. by Cherez: 1:08am On Dec 26, 2019
Rekhina:
Am a M.sc holder nna , so tribalism isn't for the educated , u shud know I left this country because of their tribalistic stance around 2015 , And u think I will keep my mouth shut on the act of foolery going on in this country , See everyone must pay for their sins
Aunty, even others have also felt the pangs of tribalism from Igbos too. If we Igbos had no sin, then we could have been heaven but no we ain't saints either.
Re: Mc Oluomo Is Coming For Us All. by Cherez: 1:12am On Dec 26, 2019
Rekhina:
Ibu tata ok , am not small as u ka unu ga rope Tribalism on my throat , I no u be from Imo state ,

Oluomo is Yoruba, yoruba govt ,Yoruba monarchs, clergy's and professors supports agbero ( To clip visitors like igbos wings) , while agbero in the east and south are outlaws been chased by govt at the slightest provocation , so don't tell me am tribalistic
Nne, a buro m taata nke nji a buru onye Imo steeti.
True that thuggery in SW is so much and is affiliated to the politicians, does it justify those words you use there?
That someone doesnt behave like you doesnt make them evil.
Now, love or maturity or tolerance is when you accept people for whom they are and their culture then approach them appropriately.
Using those thugs in itself isn't wrong but the way they're used makes it all wrong.
Just argue without such evil words, Aunty
Re: Mc Oluomo Is Coming For Us All. by bolayei: 7:35am On Dec 26, 2019
Op I commend you for this write up. The truth is we are already there and like you stated once these politicians are no more we well have agberos in the south west seizing power, yahoo yahoo boys in the East and militant in the South South. I don't know about the North but I am sure there have their own non fit for governance kind of people.

I think the emigration of Nigerians abroad is another factor since everyone with means and literacy wants to travel out of Nigeria without any plans of returning. We'll who go blame us when we already have the unfits in government since 1983.

I personally don't think a poor man's child is not eligible to be in government since all he will do is steal money for generations unborn.

The exposed elites are being oppressed by money miss road people, let's take the case of Sanusi and ganduje for example, Sanusi us very exposed born into a family with power and wealth but he is being oppressed by a common rich governor. Let's not forget Sanusi himself said one has t be special kind of person to be a politician in Nigeria today.

Obasanjos generation people like Fela kuti were children of elites but got oppressed by people that struggled to go to school obviously they will steal for generations on born.

Most people in their late 30s and 40s with means have left the country and do not plan to return. You can imagine going back home after your studies and a good job to be profiled as a yahoo boy simply because you drive a benz. Imagine taking your kids born abroad to Nigeria only for them to be kidnapped and also there isn't any activity for them to do. So people don't plan to move back to Nigeria.

Like the op mentioned its either agberos, yahoo boys/men, kidnappers, militants and almajiris or we will put a vacancy out for foreigners to apply as governors, senators and president.

1 Like

Re: Mc Oluomo Is Coming For Us All. by AFRICANPLUME: 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
RE: MC OLUOMO IS COMING FOR US ALL

By Akin Ojumu

This write-up, while somewhat not far off in its assessment of the political power play in Nigeria, misses the point on so many levels.

The writer present himself/herself as another snobbish elitist who looks down on the uneducated and the general masses and considers them ambitious worthless lots who don't know their place.

The writer fails to acknowledge the fact that the likes of MC Oluomo and his hordes, while they are violent hooligans, are still very much as Nigerian as anybody else. These folks have as much stake in the future of the country as the "Ivy league" types who currently have a strangle hold on the lever of power in the country.

The writer also fails to admit that over the years, the elitists have used people like MC Oluomo as their blunt instruments, weaponized to acquire and hold on to power by brute force. While their bosses keep their hands clean, these thugs are the messengers of violence who carry out the job of rigging elections, harassing and assassinating political opponents. They know how the political game is played in Nigeria and, as the Americans say, they know where the bodies are buried.

Unfortunately, they have now realized they too can play the game. So, they are now angling for, and demanding, a seat at the table of power.

And in my opinion, they have every right to do so. This is especially because the elites have failed the country woefully. Nigeria is in a terrible shape because of the selfishness, shortsightedness and lack of leadership and direction of the elite.

With the shape the country is in right now, how much worse can it be if the likes of Oluomo take over power? That the elites are in power, how is that working out for Nigerians?

What the writer also forgets is the fact that MC Oluomo is not just now coming, but already here. The State Houses of Assembly, Governor Houses, House of Representatives, Senate, and even the Executive Branch all have plenty of Oluomos.

The writer says:

"If the people who were trained to carry out these leadership functions are refusing to do so because they lack the appetite or they think that engaging with Nigeria is beneath them, that creates the proverbial leadership vacuum that nature hates. When we do not do the job that is expected of us and thus leave a vacuum, it will be filled by people who are less qualified than we are, and this has already started happening. The evolution of a nondescript thug in Oshodi into someone with a huge following and “Politician” as his description on his official Facebook page should hint us as to what is coming."

Who is he talking about exactly? Who are these "people who were trained to carry out these leadership functions"? Who are the "Us" exactly? When and where were the "Us" taught these leadership functions? And who provided them this astute "leadership" training?

Is it the likes of Bola Tinubu who provided the leadership training? What sort of leadership training is that really? Is it a training on how to bleed an entire State dry? Is it a training on how to stuff bullion trucks with raw cash in different foreign currencies on election day to buy votes and dispense political favors?

What the writer of this article is advocating is nothing short of a continuation of the current state of affairs in the country. He is clamoring for a situation where the entitled children of the current leaders, - who believe it is their birthright to continue the " family legacy" of rulership - will take over power after their parents, who are current rulers, pass on and leave the political scene.

The egoistical writer is pushing for nothing other than the perpetuation of the status quo. It is a continuation of a legacy of political ascendancy by birth right.

The likes of Oluomo understand this very well. That is why MC Oluomo is already setting the stage for his own kids, who are US educated and very soon will be back home to inherit their rightful place in Nigeria politics.

www.africanplume.com
https://twitter.com/PlumeAfrican

(1) (2) (Reply)

Urgent Message To The Nigerian Army In Oyigbo , Rivers State / Massive Crowd As Peter Obi Visit Imo State Today (photos) / Electricity: Neimeth Plans To Move headquarters From Lagos To Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.