Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Sowore: The Disrupter Of Nigeria's Political Landscape-thread - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore: The Disrupter Of Nigeria's Political Landscape-thread (386 Views)

Sowore: The Revolution They Are Running From Is About To Happen / Seyi Tinubu Poised To Make His Mark In Nigeria's Political Landscape - Osigwe / Sowore: The FG Is Fighting Obi & Datti Because They Are Partners In Crime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore: The Disrupter Of Nigeria's Political Landscape-thread by knightsTempler: 8:19am On Dec 25, 2019
Sowore: The Disrupter of Nigeria's Political Landscape-THREAD

In 2018, Omoyele Sowore said he got into politics to "disrupt" the Nigerian political landscape like he did the media landscape. Many people thought he was being quixotic and self-aggrandizing when he said that. But he turning out to be accurate.

Since 1999, no lone individual has disrupted Nigeria's political space with as much consequence as he has done. In my interview with the Interview Magazine (theinterview.ng/2019/12/08/buh…) before he was rearrested in the court by Nigeria's lawless DSS, I nominated Sowore as my man of the year. I said, "He forwent his comfort to confront Buhari’s monster of fascistic executive overreach and is living, at least for now, to tell the story.

"He refused to give in when several interest groups prevailed upon him to compromise. He stuck to his guns, and he has now been released from illegal confinement.

"In this season of mass authoritarian hypnotism in Nigeria, that’s worthy of admiration and praise." Because of Sowore, Dasuki, who had been in jail since 2015--in spite of several court orders asking that he be released on bail--is now out of illegal detention. Other unjustly detained people such as El-Zakzaky may be next. Because of Sowore, US senators wrote a strongly worded letter to Nigeria.

Lickspittle Femi Adesina who said the US wasn't the world's police and should mind is business didn't get the memo that when American sneezes his puppeteers in Aso Rock quake in their boots.

Because of Sowore, the Punch wrote a trenchant editorial that rattled the addled little brains of the fascists in Aso Rock and their media enablers.

Because of Sowore, our permanently drugged and drunk Attorney General of the Federation suddenly became sober enough to eat his words and do the right thing. Recall that on Dec. 17 Malami had said he couldn't ask the DSS to release Sowore.

That, right there, my friends, is a disrupter.

Farooq Kperogi PH.D

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: The Disrupter Of Nigeria's Political Landscape-thread by Righteousness89(m): 8:22am On Dec 25, 2019
The FEAR of The USA made his Release Possible..

There are so many ways The USA could deal with General Buhari and the People Around Him..

Mr. Sowore is a New Jersey Resident..
He purely did no Wrong...

Ask Iran president and those around Him..

The USA deals with both individuals and Countries..

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: The Disrupter Of Nigeria's Political Landscape-thread by QTEST007(m): 8:50am On Dec 25, 2019
SOWORE, A FIGURE WORTH EMULATING

1 Like

Re: Sowore: The Disrupter Of Nigeria's Political Landscape-thread by Tumbulum: 9:03am On Dec 25, 2019
If you overcome the fear of death you can do anything. Many of us due to fear death have succumbed ourselves to what could be worse than death which is eternal slavery in the hands of Fulani hegemony.
With more soweres we could have a free country where human right will be respected and merit could reign above nepotism and favoritism.

3 Likes

Re: Sowore: The Disrupter Of Nigeria's Political Landscape-thread by giftedben: 10:20am On Dec 25, 2019
The last time I checked, Sowore the lion of Oduduwa when caged automatically became a cat.
Re: Sowore: The Disrupter Of Nigeria's Political Landscape-thread by knightsTempler: 10:26am On Dec 25, 2019
As far as I know, he his the bravest revolutionary since Fela kuti, his fighting for Everyman, slavery ended because of the act of resistance, if Sowore does not eventually succeed, am afraid the change and a sustainable Nigerian will never happen till next century,we have to keep up the fight with our voice .
Re: Sowore: The Disrupter Of Nigeria's Political Landscape-thread by sammyj: 11:26am On Dec 25, 2019
Sowore is truly a disrupter of democracy if Dasuki could be released along with him. Sowore sold a bait for Buhari’s unintelligent DSS and they fell for it at the court!! The US intervene and wisdom quickly set into the brain of the government. It’s a pity things had to go this way based on the bad advise Buhari got from his cabals shocked

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: The Disrupter Of Nigeria's Political Landscape-thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:34am On Dec 25, 2019
May God bless Sowore, his wife, Femi Falana, Deji Adeyanju, the most respectful judge and a host of others who fought the good fight.

Shame on those who chose to be Lap dogs of this evil regime. Shame on those who went out to beat up #FreeSowore supporters.

Long live Nigeria.
Long live the United States of America.

E pain dem.

Re: Sowore: The Disrupter Of Nigeria's Political Landscape-thread by Racoon(m): 11:37am On Dec 25, 2019
I know Sowore during the June-12 1993 riot days.The guy is a born activist from birth-fights with dogged fervism & consistency.I doff my hat for you man.Those of us who were part of the fight for the restoration of MKO Abiola mandate then should know better.
Re: Sowore: The Disrupter Of Nigeria's Political Landscape-thread by omowolewa: 11:46am On Dec 25, 2019
PMB and the presidency are not total loser on this case as whoever would put up a challenge would have to assess his/her arsenals and escape route well before doing that.

Even Sowore would have to go back to the drawing board.
Re: Sowore: The Disrupter Of Nigeria's Political Landscape-thread by nijabazaar: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2019
Buhari is a china vase to Trump..

If he does anyone, He gets shattered to tiny bits..

Trump is a bull in a china shop.

(1) (Reply)

Fayemi Upgrades Ekiti Obas, Grants Autonomous Status To Five Communities / Nnamdi Kanu And Amotekun Disconnect / Buhari Reacts To The Death Of Kobe Bryant (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.