Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Governor Zulum Celebrates Christmas In Borno South, Pledges To End Insurgency - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Zulum Celebrates Christmas In Borno South, Pledges To End Insurgency (22451 Views)

Peter Obi: Security Agencies Said I Shouldn't Go To Borno South (video) / Shettima: We Will End Insurgency In Six Months / Buhari To Military: End Insurgency Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Zulum Celebrates Christmas In Borno South, Pledges To End Insurgency by verifiablefacts: 8:44pm On Dec 25, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Many folks do not know that before the rise of Boko Haram in 2010, Islam was a minority religion in Borno State. They have succeeded in exterminating a sizable number of Christian population and communities. He should fold his wishes.

Richdad
have you ever been to borno state or just spewing rubbish.
Re: Governor Zulum Celebrates Christmas In Borno South, Pledges To End Insurgency by mvem(m): 9:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Many folks do not know that before the rise of Boko Haram in 2010, Islam was a minority religion in Borno State. They have succeeded in exterminating a sizable number of Christian population and communities. He should fold his wishes.

Richdad
this is very foolish. Islam was never a minority religion in Borno
, a core northern state bordered by Mali, Chad and Niger. The Christian population in Borno have always been the minority mostly in the southern part of Towns like Biu. The majority Muslims are the kanuris with more than 2/3rd of the total LGAs
Re: Governor Zulum Celebrates Christmas In Borno South, Pledges To End Insurgency by mvem(m): 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2019
FrLukas:

I'm sure if you see the fellow you want to tear slap in real life you will prostrate to greet him.

Instead of tearing slap up and down, why don't you counter his statement with intelligent rebuttal?

Isn't it an open secret that the largely Moslem Hausa and Fulani are trying to conquer the other parts of the North that are mainly Christian?

Haven't we seen them renaming settlements that they've conquered?

Or why is it that there is always crisis in Plateau state, a northern state with over 95% Christian population?
Borno is no hausa or Fulani but Kanuri
Re: Governor Zulum Celebrates Christmas In Borno South, Pledges To End Insurgency by LivingSage: 10:45pm On Dec 25, 2019
Keep your historical fallacy to yourself and Stop being irrational
[s]
Richdad50:
shocked

Richdad
[/s]
Re: Governor Zulum Celebrates Christmas In Borno South, Pledges To End Insurgency by Nowenuse: 10:29am On Dec 26, 2019
ProudBornoBoy:

You clearly don't know what you are talking about, Hawul a Christian majority With just Marama and Hyera being the major Christian town, Azare to Shaffa To Yimirshika to Sakwa to Kwaya Bura to Manjakwa are all Muslim majority, Askira is Muslim majority while Uba is Christian Majority, Shani is Muslim majority, Gwoza is a fifty fifty situation, you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

You are judging these places by the towns and urban areas which is very wrong. There are dozens of other villages. Go to these villages and see who the majority are.
Between this town to the next town, there are dozens of villages in between and most of these villages are overwhelmingly Christian. Many of these villages do not even have a mosque, how then do you explain this?

Muslim settlers like to live in towns and along the roadside hence you think they are the majority in a particular places. Also, many muslims in Southern Borno are settlers.

Judge Southern Borno based on tribe and u will see that every tribe in Southern Borno is a Christian majority, including the Buras who are the largest tribe. Tera people are the only 50/50 tribe. The Kanurized Marghis of Damboa and the fulani settlers are the only muslim majority in Southern Borno, so tell me how southern Borno can be muslim majority?

1 Like

Re: Governor Zulum Celebrates Christmas In Borno South, Pledges To End Insurgency by Nowenuse: 10:46am On Dec 26, 2019
Realstick941:

All what u are saying is not making sense because you have never been to jos nor borno,and surely dont follow world crises and politics,any where there is violence i a community where majority and minority leave together its always the majority opressing the minority,check uighurs in china,chechens in russia,blacks in southern america, rohingya muslims in burma,which is the case in plateau state,which have a governor christian,vice governor christian even though the muslims population is enough to always produce 1 senator out of three senators from plateau state since 1999 and the christians cant give them a deputy governor,all nothern states with a single christian senator have ch4istian governor since 1999 ,if not for now that elrufai came and chose a deputy muslim.
And as for borno state more muslims have died from boko haram than christians more mosques have been attacked than churches because north west is where i stay i have seen this things first hand.

I hope u try to enlighten yourself if Boko haram is to destroy the christians then most of their attacks will be in the south,in the north too there is strong opinion that boko haram is been finance by christians to destroy the north.

What u are saying about Plateau is absolutely ignorant.
I am a Plateau indigene. Yes there are muslims in Plateau, but many of them are non-indigenous (the ones in Jos city and Wase) and that is why they are not usually factored into the politics of the state.
The indigenous Muslims are like 15% of the state and they are not concentrated in one senatorial district which can give them a majority status.

I am from Plateau central, the zone with the largest indigenous Muslim population and we have had a Muslim senator in the person of IBRAHIM NASIRU MANTU for 8 years who was the deputy Senate president.
He is from my tribe. Now this doesn't mean that Muslims are up to one-quarter of Plateau central, just that in 1999 when Mantu was elected, religion had not yet been a strong divisive factor. Muslims in Plateau central are like 20% of the zone.

Muslims are like 20% in Plateau South too, but like half or one-third of them are fulanis of Wase who are not seen as indigenes. While in Plateau north, majority of the muslims who are in Jos are settlers. This is the reason why Muslims are not politically strong in Plateau state.

Now, u cannot compare this to the Christian populations of Southern Kaduna, Southern Gombe, Southern Borno, Southern Kebbi or even Eastern Niger where majority of the christians are concentrated in one senatorial district and form a stronghold majority there.
Re: Governor Zulum Celebrates Christmas In Borno South, Pledges To End Insurgency by ProudBornoBoy(m): 11:30am On Dec 26, 2019
Nowenuse:

You are judging these places by the towns and urban areas which is very wrong. There are dozens of other villages. Go to these villages and see who the majority are.
Between this town to the next town, there are dozens of villages in between and most of these villages are overwhelmingly Christian. Many of these villages do not even have a mosque, how then do you explain this?

Muslim settlers like to live in towns and along the roadside hence you think they are the majority in a particular places. Also, many muslims in Southern Borno are settlers.

Judge Southern Borno based on tribe and u will see that every tribe in Southern Borno is a Christian majority, including the Buras who are the largest tribe. Tera people are the only 50/50 tribe. The Kanurized Marghis of Damboa and the fulani settlers are the only muslim majority in Southern Borno, so tell me how southern Borno can be muslim majority?

and there is nothing like Muslim settlers, indigene wise... Muslims are majority.
I won't reply you again on this issue, if you don't agree, March 2020, I will be free, we both can go and do a survey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Again, Ahmed Tinubu Stokes Controversy In Abeokuta By Abiodun Awolaja / Suntai Sends Letter To House Of Assembly Asking To Resume As Governor / FG Declares Tuesday 4th, Wednesday 5th Public Holidays For Eid-Al-Fitr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.