Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God (375 Views)

Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? / Why Science Is More Powerful Than God With An Experiment. / Albert Einstein Is Wiser Than God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by Cregiank: 10:55am On Dec 25, 2019
Why?
Re: Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by nijabazaar: 11:24am On Dec 25, 2019
How?
Re: Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by GoodBadandUgly(m): 11:25am On Dec 25, 2019
Cregiank:
Why?
For the same reason we see people nowadays worshipping their pastor instead of God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by BitCraftman: 11:26am On Dec 25, 2019
In my opinion they(Christians) don't do that. The name "Jesus" is what God has programmed for everyone to be saved through it. Jesus is also God's only begotten son whom He allowed to come down to earth in flesh and died (shedding his blood on the cross) for us. The name Jesus is also the name that everything answers to because God created everything through Jesus and has placed the name Jesus above all thing that they may also answer to it.
In his name we also connect to the father. There are many god aside God the creator of the universe and they are pronounced alike so the name Jesus is like a spiritual routing device that handles all request going to the creator of the universe - God. It is also a defense for those that believe in him.

So you see why Christians may appear to be focused on Jesus more than God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by BitCraftman: 11:30am On Dec 25, 2019
GoodBadandUgly:

For the same reason we see people nowadays worshipping their pastor instead of God.
I disagree. Prophets too have their own honour and are vessels through which God edifies the saints. Acts 20:28 makes us understand the Holy Ghost can link saints up to specific men in order to be feed(spiritually) by them.
Re: Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by nijabazaar: 11:32am On Dec 25, 2019
He who comes to the Father comes through Me
....Jesus
Re: Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by GoodBadandUgly(m): 11:48am On Dec 25, 2019
BitCraftman:
I disagree. Prophets too have their own honour and are vessels through which God edifies the saints. Acts 20:28 makes us understand the Holy Ghost can link saints up to specific men in order to be feed(spiritually) by them.
Of course you’ll find something to justifying humans worshiping pastors. No body has more or less access to God so stop giving mere men authoritative control over you because you think they are divinely chosen to lead you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by Janosky: 11:51am On Dec 25, 2019
Cregiank:
Why?

They worship triune pagan deity they label as 'Jesus'.
Therefore, "Christians" do not worship the Most High Yahweh, the God & Father of Jesus Christ ( Psalms 83:18. Eph 1:3. Matt4:10. John20:17. Rev 3:5,12. ASV).

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by tempest01(m): 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2019
We don't hype Jesus.

We worship God through Jesus. God has elevated his son Jesus to his right hand side. He is the link between us and God. God has given his Son all powers upon his resurrection.

Hebrew 1
1God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; 4Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Hebrews 1:9
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You above Your companions with the oil of joy."
[/color]

God has given power to the name Jesus, and we call on the name in our times of need.

Philippians 2:10-11 New King James Version (NKJV)
[color=#990000]10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

There is a need for a Godly presence with us else we go astray. Even when Jesus had to leave the earth, the Holy Spirit was sent to be a continuing presence with us. Everything is to the glory of God.
Re: Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by BitCraftman: 3:08pm On Dec 25, 2019
GoodBadandUgly:

Of course you’ll find something to justifying humans worshiping pastors. No body has more or less access to God so stop giving mere men authoritative control over you because you think they are divinely chosen to lead you.
Read your bible more bros
Re: Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by ojun50(m): 3:31pm On Dec 25, 2019
This ur question eh. Make I no talk
Re: Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2019
nijabazaar:
....Jesus
During the time of Moses, No one goes to the God(Father) except through Moses, During the time of Abraham, No one goes to the father except through Abraham, during the time of Jesus, No one goes to the father except through Jesus and Now after the last prophet of God, peace be upon him, No one goes to God except through the Prophet, his teachings, The holy book he brought, Qur'an, and his way of life.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by sonmvayina(m): 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2019
nijabazaar:
....Jesus

I am the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt and out of the house of bandage, you shall have no other God BEFORE me...
The first commandment.. Oh, God Was just joking here?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by Cregiank: 4:32pm On Dec 25, 2019
Better, coz I don't want retarded comment
ojun50:
This ur question eh. Make I no talk
Re: Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by GoodBadandUgly(m): 7:55pm On Dec 25, 2019
BitCraftman:
Read your bible more bros

Read more books OUTSIDE of the bible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by Amujale(m): 3:04am On Dec 26, 2019
All the Abrahamic religious text are fake, false and counterituitive.
Re: Why Do Christians Hype Jesus More Than God by Amujale(m): 3:05am On Dec 26, 2019
Jesus is a fictitious character.

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Should Believe Mfm’s Olukoya 2020 Prophecies / Don't Take Your Marital Problems To Pastor's - Ghanaian Gospel Singer Warns / No Punishment Is Too Severe For Rapists- Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.