Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly (3077 Views)

Business Men, Women.and Contractors.customer Puller Or Business Crowd Puller / Contractors Hit The Market As They Started Buying Old Black And White TV 4 N200k / Construction Of Elevated Bungalow In Delta By Heavens Contractors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Samaras: 11:05am On Dec 25, 2019
While doing research on building materials prices in Nigeria for my project in the last years, I repeatedly came across the profil of chekitaut. Apparently he had built a reputation for himself and seemed reliable. I got in touch with him a couple of times for quotes and even connected him to a friend of mine who is into the haulage business and was looking for partners in Lagos at the time. They discussed a few times on truck importation from China. Subsequently neither my friend nor myself got to do business with him. Considering the number of reports currently on nairaland about him not meeting up on his promises, I have also decided to do an appraisal of all the nairaland contractors I worked with during my project.

Bitsworks – an intelligent builder with integrity issues

After making up my mind to do a project in Lagos, I scouted online for a builder. I got in touch with two of them and this young and vibrant builder really impressed me with his fine articulation and detailled explanation of hitherto complex building situations in understandable terms. What impressed me most was his follow-ups which was an indication of his work ethics and genuine interest to do this project. Moreover he seemed to possess the experience and acumen needed in the type of project I had in mind, going by his past projects documented here on nairaland. So it was not surprising that in the end, I made up my mind and decided to work together with bitsworks after personally visiting one of his on-going projects at the time.

The first phase of the project was the fencing of two plots of land. We agreed terms, got to work and the perimeter wall was concluded in seven weeks. I was impressed and we got into negotiations for the next phase: the building construction. After agreeing terms bitsworks got to work and completed the building (from sub-structure to roofing) in six months. In his thread on nairaland he wrote as conclusion (https://www.nairaland.com/3966833/bitsworks-project-memoirs-construction-4/4):

Roof cladding completed. Milestone from foundation to roofing accomplished. All praise to God for a successful work and to the entire team for their dedication and hardwork.

I couldn’t agree more. It was an excellent performance from him and his team and I was very happy with the result. Unfortunately all that good performance and promise came crumbling during the next phase.

After a break we reached an agreement for bitsworks to continue the good work and do the internal and external finishing of the building. After plumbling and water piping as well as electrical wiring had been concluded, we started preparation for the plastering. And then I started noticing a decline in his performance which I always brought to his attention. Instead of taking these as well-meant feedback necessary for improvement, he ignored them and even made more errors thereafter. I was opportuned to visit the site at this time and was shocked at the team assembled by him to do the plastering and casement windows. Young men as young as twelve, who with all due respect didn’t have the necessary expertise to do the job at hand. Before leaving I listed all shortcomings and asked him to make amendments. Unfortunately nothing of the sort did take place. Because of his intransigence I decided to make use of this plattform and started again shopping for other contractors. As a result I rate bitsworks as NEEDS IMPROVEMENT because of the following shortcomings:

• Inexperienced workers working without guidance and supervision
• No site management, giving workers room to misappropriate materials
• Use of sub-standard materials, although good quality was quoted and paid for
• Unneccessary delays of works, poorly installed doors
• Unfinished jobs reported as completed so payment can be made
• Quick to promise, slow to deliver
• Intransigent and self-defending when flaws are brought to his attention.

Thathistoryguy, Dfameguy – The tiles masters
Whereas until now bitsworks did handle everything from materials procurement, workers recruiting to execution, I decided to provide materials for the next stages. That is how I got in touch with Thathistoryguy and Dfameguy who did provide all tiles for this building. Two suppliers whom I recommend for doing the right things at the right time.

mygeeZ – a dynamic supplier of good repute
While in search of good and affordable PVC ceiling boards, I stumbled on the profile of MygeeZ. We negotiated and agreed terms and he delivered PVC and trunks to site. Being a good business man, he looked around while on site and saw some opportunities to do more business with me. Since he did a good job with the PVC, I decided to do more with him. In the aftermath he got to supply all sanitary wares for the project and he and his team went on to construct all the wardrobes and the kitchen cabinets in this building. Furthermore his team just concluded the cleaning of the building as we concluded the project. Because of my experience in the past months, I can recommend mygeez because his performance in my project was SATISFACTORY and above average.

Gbadexy – a rare gem in the nairaland property section
Because of the good recommendations for gbadexy on this plattform I had made up my mind to try him. When it was time for painting, I got in touch with him, we agreed terms very fast and his team took a week to give the building the look it deserves. In his thread documenting the painting (https://www.nairaland.com/5447072/painting-pictures-nairalanders-ikorodu-house), he called me a very wonderful gentleman client that is dependable. I am flattered but have to give back the compliment to him. He communicated well with me during the project, showcased a high level of professionalism and integrity and was even ready to take back the unused paints and reimburse me. Nairaland would be paradise on earth if all contractors can borrow a leaf from this fine gentleman. My evaluation of gbadexy: EXCELLENT and highly recommended.

Lakeside50 – a young and enterprising property manager
While the painting was going on I got in touch with lakeside50, actually to ask him some questions on property management. This enthusiatic and dynamic young man impressed me with his knowledge in this area which was totally new to me. After a visit to the site, he asked if he can get the job to do the fitting of the sanitary wares. I decided to patronize him. His plumber moved to site and acquitted himself very well so that I can recommend lakeside50 for further jobs. He did satisfactorily well.

Rotecch77 – Very customer-centric, his tight schedule notwithstanding
For good water pressure in the flats a stanchion was required. In order to get something that fulfilled my requirements, the search took a little longer and finally I agreed terms with Rotecch77. He got to work immediately and did a good job that even mufutau55 agreed (https://www.nairaland.com/post/84488035) that it was a very nice stanchion. As documented here (https://www.nairaland.com/post/84484119), I was happy with his work and asked him if he can finish my project after I had decided to part ways with bitsworks. Rotecch77, the fine builder, agreed. He went on to connect the water tanks to the borehole and the flats. Then he did the compound filling and laid the interlocking stones and did the landscaping. The pictures speak for themselves. The good results are the reasons why I will recommend rotecch77 without hesitation as he performed excellently well.

My conclusion, my plea
If I had had the chance to evaluate bitsworks after the construction of the building to roofing, it would have been an outright EXCELLENT. However the construction of a building is a marathon and not a sprint. As time went on he did display that I was mistaken in my judgement and that he is not a man of integrity afterall. Therefore I will like to end this post with a plea to the other contractors who did perform satisfactorily or even better. Please maintain at least that level of integrity and professionalism and strive for more. Like the american radio host and author Dr. Laura Schlessinger (https://www.prolife.com/DrLauraSchlessinger.htm) wrote in one of her self-help books (Give Yourself A Test):

People with integrity do what they say they are going to do. Others have excuses.

I wish you all a merry christmas and a prosperous new year!

cc: bitsworks, mygeez, dfameguy, thathistoryguy, rotecch77, gbadexy, lakeside50, mufutau55

5 Likes

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Asquare84(m): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2019
You would have tried spyder88

1 Like

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Umarzy(m): 2:21pm On Dec 25, 2019
Asquare84:

Abi nah. Spyder na d boss o.

Other ones too sabi.

1 Like

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by rotecch77(m): 3:38pm On Dec 25, 2019
I just stumble on this now.
I really appreciate the opportunity you gave us to showcase what we know how to do best.

You are a good client I must say, not only you same thing with your family member.
Thanks so much sir.
God bless you more Amen.
Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by mufutau55(m): 9:54pm On Dec 25, 2019
This is a well descriptive write-up and evaluations.
Thank you for bringing up this research and evaluations. And hopefully all our builders, suppliers, and service people will now do the right thing. Thank you Sir.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by zeestone99(m): 10:15pm On Dec 25, 2019
You didn't add me op. I'm the best guy for your solar power projects. Inverters and streetlights.

Call 08117398294
Chat - /2348117398294

2 Likes

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by mufutau55(m): 10:25pm On Dec 25, 2019
Asquare84:

Until we can get him to the Western hemisphere.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by gbadexy(m): 10:26pm On Dec 25, 2019
I thank you very much sir for the opportunity given to me and my team.
There is no room for complacency and continuous effort to strive to be better.
I wish you a merry christmas and a prosperous new year sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Olazzeedris(m): 10:30pm On Dec 25, 2019
it’s good to be good this is what we need in property section and building industries so that other people can emulate good deeds.

1 Like

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by gbadexy(m): 10:33pm On Dec 25, 2019
Olazzeedris:
it’s good to be good this is what we need in property section and building industries so that other people can emulate good deeds.

Exactly sir. regular review and feedbacks would keep contractors on their toes.
Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by rotecch77(m): 10:37pm On Dec 25, 2019
gbadexy:

Exactly sir. regular review and feedbacks would keep contractors on their toes.

You are not far from the truth. May God give us the brain and zeal to continue serving our clients with good deed.
Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by gbadexy(m): 11:05pm On Dec 25, 2019
rotecch77:

You are not far from the truth. May God give us the brain and zeal to continue serving our clients with good deed.
A very thoughtful prayer. may God almighty continue to give us the wisdom and zeal to do the right and proper thing in our business and everyday life.
Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 25, 2019
Have you guys tried fonyeri for decorative painting he is da bomb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Asquare84(m): 7:14am On Dec 26, 2019
mufutau55:

Until we can get him to the Western hemisphere.

Hajji M.

He has done a project in ondo state before

1 Like

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by mufutau55(m): 9:39am On Dec 26, 2019
Asquare84:

He has done a project in ondo state before

True. That was at Akure, recently. Thanks.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Neweko: 11:13am On Dec 26, 2019
This rating is great.

Good to give kudos to whom it due. Good guys sometimes go bad, this happens all over the world. I know someone who is in court with two builders overseas and it is not a new build just a renovation and extension work.

Having done business with Gbadexy made me forgive does who have messed up on here. There are others who due to their charges we couldnt work together. I noticed a lots of people have pointed that out too-Budget friendly price.

Lovely house BTW, happy holiday hajji M and everyone

1 Like

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by gbadexy(m): 11:28am On Dec 26, 2019
Neweko:
This rating is great.

Good to give kudos to whom it due. Good guys sometimes go bad, this happens all over the world. I know someone who is in court with two builders overseas and it is not a new build just a renovation and extension work.

Having done business with Gbadexy made me forgive does who have messed up on here. There are others who due to their charges we couldnt work together. I noticed a lots of people have pointed that out too-Budget friendly price.

Lovely house BTW, happy holiday hajji M and everyone
Thank you for your kind words sir, they are motivation to strive never to dissapoint clients after so much confidence reposed in me.
I'm grateful sir and will not take it for granted.

1 Like

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by rotecch77(m): 8:08am On Dec 28, 2019
More pictures of the project.
OGA “Samara” thanks so much for the patronage

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by csiworksnig(f): 9:59am On Dec 28, 2019
Nice write ups sir. This is good one .These are the ones you know oo.. grin grin

Been on nairaland since 2014 and more than 60)70 clients we have worked for thru this beautiful Forum. Thru this beautiful platform anyone can achieve a lot thru integrity and honesty.

Compliments of the season to all nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by mufutau55(m): 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
csiworksnig:
Nice write ups sir. This is good one .These are the ones you know oo.. grin grin
Been on nairaland since 2014 and more than 60)70 clients we have worked for thru this beautiful Forum. Thru this beautiful platform anyone can achieve a lot thru integrity and honesty.
Compliments of the season to all nairalanders.

Very true. And I can surely stick out my neck 1000% to reccomend you.
You have worked with many of my friends unknowingly by you and there has never been any complaint about your work and material quality. Please keep up the good work.
I wish all clients come online and rate their clients.

Few years ago when I was the Moderator, I opened a thread for same purposes but was not patronized.

Hajji M.
Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Alkanelly: 12:46am On Jan 04, 2020
This is interesting write up. Thank you Sir. I am currently on a similar project just as yours in port harcourt.

Any port harcourt builder in the house...drop your number here for me.

Thanks in advance
Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by mufutau55(m): 12:56am On Jan 04, 2020
Alkanelly:
This is interesting write up. Thank you Sir. I am currently on a similar project just as yours in port harcourt.
Any port harcourt builder in the house...drop your number here for me.
Thanks in advance

Look for Spyder880 here on General thread.
He is the best in the business. He had worked in PH.

@Spyder880

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by spyder880(m): 4:22am On Jan 04, 2020
mufutau55:

@Spyder880

Hajji M.

Thank you Sir for the trust, God will bless all of us together this year.

1 Like

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Sprumbaba: 4:57am On Jan 04, 2020
As For me:

ROTECH: Ratings - 9

He did some supplies for me. Quick response and good customer service.

AVENTURE - Ratings - 9

A very reliable engineer that knows his job. Very detailed. One of the people that will carry client along if there is a need to make a decision which needs attention unlike some that will do as they please at your back.

Dominion Pop - Ratings - 7 - Not bad. The guy can ghost you. Abandoned some of my work. He is definitely good.

Topsy - Ratings - 6 - Not bad too. He can improve on finishing. I like my installations to align properly.

HSL Broker - Ratings - 0 . Just Run. Short man devil, hitler sibling. So many frauds committed on Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by sako28: 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
mufutau55:

@Spyder880

Hajji M.

As Hajji said try to get oga Spyder880 to PHC to help build that will be the best. Nevertheless you can you Hajji method of DIY with serious research and reading. I personally supervised my 4 bedroom duplex all thanks to threads from Oga Spyder880 and othe Gurus that build it Lagos swamp. It was a success story for me. Wish you all the best.

Happy new year

3 Likes

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by mufutau55(m): 6:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
sako28:

As Hajji said try to get oga Spyder880 to PHC to help build that will be the best. Nevertheless you can you Hajji method of DIY with serious research and reading. I personally supervised my 4 bedroom duplex all thanks to threads from Oga Spyder880 and othe Gurus that build it Lagos swamp. It was a success story for me. Wish you all the best.
Happy new year

Happy New Year. Glad things worked out well for you with your personal adequate supervision.
Regardless of what contractor or artisan you hired, you still need to do due deligence and supervision.
But for me personally, some contractor like Spyder880, I can give him my project and go to sleep. smiley

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by sako28: 6:52pm On Jan 04, 2020
mufutau55:

Happy New Year. Glad things worked out well for you with your personal adequate supervision.
Regardless of what contractor or artisan you hired, you still need to do due deligence and supervision.
But for me personally, some contractor like Spyder880, I can give him my project and go to sleep. smiley

Hajji M.

Yes oga to be diligent is real thing in building. Can you believe from reading and calculations my soak away is just under my gate house and over head tank.
By God grace my next building will be supervise by Spyder880 any part of Nigeria I will pay the bills
Happy new year Oga Hajji
Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by spyder880(m): 8:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by mufutau55(m): 9:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
sako28:

Yes oga to be diligent is real thing in building. Can you believe from reading and calculations my soak away is just under my gate house and over head tank.
By God grace my next building will be supervise by Spyder880 any part of Nigeria I will pay the bills
Happy new year Oga Hajji

Thank you Sir. Happy New Year. God bless us all.

Hajji M.
Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by abdulwastecx(m): 9:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
Sprumbaba:
As For me:

AVENTURE - Ratings - 9

A very reliable engineer that knows his job. Very detailed. One of the people that will carry client along if there is a need to make a decision which needs attention unlike some that will do as they please at your back.

Dominion Pop - Ratings - 7 - Not bad. The guy can ghost you. Abandoned some of my work. He is definitely good.

Topsy - Ratings - 6 - Not bad too. He can improve on finishing. I like my installations to align properly.

HSL Broker - Ratings - 0 . Just Run. Short man devil, hitler sibling. So many frauds committed on Nairaland.

Wow

1 Like

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by adewaleID: 10:02pm On Jan 04, 2020
This is really good oo ; grin

Nigerian's checkatrade/ratedpeople forum link

Shout out to all the performers

1 Like

Re: Ratings Of Nairaland Contractors: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by rotecch77(m): 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
Sprumbaba:
As For me:

AVENTURE - Ratings - 9

Thanks sprumbaba” I don’t know you are one of my clients (I don’t know most clients user name here) I really appreciate sir, more grease to your elbow.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Properties For Sale In Asaba, (duplex) Call 09058818181 / Prepaid Meter Debt - What Do I Do? / 6-storey Building Collapse In Lagos, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.