Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

How Do I Love The Child As Mine - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Love The Child As Mine (3497 Views)

I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man / What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? / He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Love The Child As Mine by Graxie(f): 6:48pm On Dec 27, 2019
GHoJes:
Where are the older three children of the woman? I am asking because if she has dumped them somewhere she will one day return this to your husband's.

My main fear is let it not be you getting your fingers burnt by yourself. I won't be surprised if that friend is still giving the lady support. Even though you want to do right be very careful because that lady has found a very fertile ground for her plans. Are you surprised she still has mouth? She feels because you guys don't have kids your husband can't do without her. She feels he is coming now because he doesn't have kids so if she doesn't use the opportunity of marriage now where else will she go? Which is why she said he knows the right thing to do.

Please, please, shock this lady. If she rebuff this next attempt by your marriage sponsors please don't ever again think about the child till a good number of years when she would have seen that you guys can do without her that's is if she has not come to dump him due to financial challenges.

Please let sleeping dogs lie. You are already waking so many people's attention to the need for your husband to have his own child, it may only be a matter of time before some of these people take it further with your husband behind your back. Forget she doesn't have a good record of wife material, the one she has now which is trusted ability to birth kids is the one they will request. The lady knows your husband is weak willed, try as much as possible to even avoid him meeting her before she spin things out of proportion using the child as a bait.

Focus on getting your surrogate child, then you can see how to bring up the other one. Even if she agrees to DNA now, and it is your husband's don't be hasty to bring him to the family house. Monthly allowance can be sent until the boy is a little bit grown. My own is don't by yourself worsen things.
You are right, some people among the ones she is calling to accompany her husband might even advice him to pay for her bride price. Trust no-one. For me, even if they must go, let her follow them there.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Love The Child As Mine by armyofone(m): 5:32am On Dec 28, 2019
You said the truth@ bolded.
By their fruits you shall know them grin says the holy book.

sassysure:
U have fibroid and weak cervix.
As u are trying for a child since u already know what the problem is, why not go for adoption or surrogacy?
Why do u ladies make things very difficult for yourselves?

At the end of the day, the man did what more than 95% of men sympathizing with you here will do behind their wives back and then strike at the right time.

He may tell u some pity party story but the truth is he want a child. He hasn't stopped loving u o, but he want a child. So u should have started using your sixth sense from yr 3 of your marriage.

The only man that will stick to a woman come rain come sunshine without a child is a man one who the problem is from his side. That is when u will see him.professing love here and there.

Go for adoption.

U have nothing to do with the child.

Let love and emotions not rule and control you. Day is still far. More children may still pop out.
Re: How Do I Love The Child As Mine by djoe21(m): 7:18am On Dec 28, 2019
heavenlychy:
I see you really love this man and I'm not here to tell you to love him less but can you please tune it down with your constant calling him a 'Good man'. This man cheated on you for months. He had 'Unprotected sex' with a stranger and covered it all up. Pretended right down to his balls. What if he contacted Hiv or any of these deadly diseases? Mehn, if I were you, I would be very afraid of such a man. I know it is the childlessness that is making you cope with all this bullshit. I pray the Good Lord gives you your own child. As for him, he did the crime, let him do the time.

Abeg calm down before you worsen the whole issue. Thank God you are not her.

Op you are handling the matter well so far.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Love The Child As Mine by djoe21(m): 7:24am On Dec 28, 2019
Massey27:

Thank you so much. I think using the word good makes him look like a saint. And I apologise for that.

I would have contracted a deadly illness. I agree and i still have an unforgiveness in my heart towards him because of that. I keep going for test every month. Knowing the kind of life the lady in question lives and I was put at risk.

I didn't stay because of the childlessness. I stayed because I found more than 80% of what I wanted in a man. And he is sorry, he has shown he is. I don't need a Prophet telling me.

You won't understand what I made him go through because of his betrayal. And he actually went through alot.

And the truth is even his family and people close to us were surprised he did what he did. He is not known with that.

In as much as he betrayed me , I don't want the iniquity of the sin committed to linger. He should do right by his child. It hurts me talking about it and wanting him involved in the child's life but I no want old age wahala from any pickin that will raise up one day and start causing problems for me because he was neglected.

Thank you again for your advice.

Madam you don't need to explain anything to that commenter. Especially not a lengthy explanation like this. You are handling it well so far. May God continue to strengthen you.
Re: How Do I Love The Child As Mine by Glorygrace(f): 5:27pm On Jan 02, 2020
I have been following your post. I will advise you stop your husband from going to meet the woman and the child for now. Follow the earlier advice "don't burn your fingers by yourself ".
I will share a similar true life story with you. I have a close in-law who had a relationship with a lady many years ago. He broke up with her and travelled out of the country. The lady claimed she was pregnant for him while they were friends and delivered a baby girl.

After some years he married and had three children with his wife. The family started experiencing difficulties so his wife attributted it to his abandoning his responsibilities to the child he had out of wedlock. She pressed him to bring the child to his family abroad.
He returned to Nigeria and had a family meeting on the issue. Everyone told him to leave the child since he wasn't sure of her paternity but his wife said he should bring the girl.
He took the girl with him to his family abroad and did paternity test which showed he wasn't her father. He had to return the girl back after wasting resources on her and her mother.
Thread carefully, don't push your husband it may later burn your fingers.
Cheers. With God all things are possible. Your miracle is on the way.
Re: How Do I Love The Child As Mine by CorporateJay(m): 3:47am On Jan 03, 2020
Blakjewelry:
let your hubby go for DNA test and if it is positive let him accept the child. and for you, what belongs to your hubby belongs to you.

As for me giving love is the easiest thing for me to do. I have seen women in your situation blessed with their own child after accepting the child of there husband. Yes he cheated which is bad and it hurts but since he did not leave you for another woman shows he really care about you, some will be the complete opposite
Re: How Do I Love The Child As Mine by Blakjewelry(m): 8:47am On Jan 03, 2020
CorporateJay:

This comment stupid die
all these kids you won't stick to romance section, and let your parents bother with adults talk
Re: How Do I Love The Child As Mine by dayleke: 10:23am On Jan 03, 2020
Na wah for some people here o.
OP already moved past a stage and came to seek advice on something else. For everyone to understand where she is coming from,she had to tell the whole story and yet some people are trying to drag her back to where she already left.
How come the situation is "paining" some more than the OP?
She wants to know the way forward with the child conceived outside the matrimonial home and not why she is no more friends with hubby's friend or why hubby's friend did her a favor or why the hubby can even do it again.
Please this is 2020, have that excellent VISION with your analysis /thinking and your suggestions /ideas to peoples.(No pun intended ).
@OP, you are doing great so far, baba God go fight your battle for you and you shall overcome by His grace.
Iroyin ayo lo ma pari e.
Re: How Do I Love The Child As Mine by Spechialone(f): 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2020
Massey27:

Thank you.
I admit I was angry at my family for hiding it from me and I actually felt betrayed. But I have forgiven them.

For his ex friend, we later discovered so many negative things he was doing behind hubby's back. when he discovered I have found out, he actually said he would have loved to see me and see the pain and hurt on my face.
He was not who we thought him to be. It's not just about him telling my family, he went all out to say despicable things about hubby to our greatest benefactor that we also got to know which were all lies.
And we loved them like family and treated them as such.
The wife who was also my friend called me when she knew I have finally found out and told me that at least she is not the only one in this. That finally I have joined the club of wives with cheating husband. And she believes now I will agree with her that every man cheats and not just some like I used to argue.
So I didn't want to have such friends around me again.

Your Husbands friend and his wife , have been jealous of you guys all along. The holy book says the heart of man is more treacherous than anything else who can know it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is She Not A Disgrace To Womanhood For Saying This? / If Your Wife Slaps Your Mother, What Will You Do? / WTH?? Widow Sleeps With Dead Husband?s Decomposing Corpse For A Year After His D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.