Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,034 members, 7,956,830 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:11 PM

God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas (896 Views)

My Worst Enemy In School Turned My Husband- Lady / My Wife Poisoned My Food But Thank God I Survived - Nigerian Man Reveals / My Worst Fear Finally Happened, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas by fineboynl(m): 6:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
God i think you for this year xmas. 2018 was my worst xmas so far as an adult.

chai, if I remembered vividly 2018 xmas and December's generally. tears will come out from my eyes again and again.

with the anger I'm using to devour my chicken in my room. if 2018 flash back to my mind, I will just go to chicken collect small food and whisky. I decide not to step out from my apartment today as I bought everything I will need yesterday. today is a remembrance day.

to cut the story short. I'm an introvert and hardly talk or play with neighbor., I move to another state to live with my friend and the plan was to stay for 2 month before I rent my apartment, but during those time when my money finishes and I didn't rent as things didn't go as planned and it worsen off. my friend and his babe want me out from the house with their actions but they didn't say it to me. when I was with money there was no issue because I was spending on the house on food and other things but it was when I dried up and run out of money they started it, I learnt that they don't want to spend money on food but it was OK for me to be spending on food. during 2018 I had alot of money before November that I squandered. during November things became so tight that it was very clear to me I was not needed in the house. same thing continue to December. I thought it was a joke until it was getting close to xmas.

during xmas period it was hell. they abandon the house for me knowing that i don't have 1 naira to eat, they believe I will leave if I can't find food. on Xmas day I was inside alone, no food, nothing nothing. I didn't cook and can't beg for food on Xmas day. I didn't eat anything, the anger and depression was worsening the hunger, I was just flashing back on my life and my age, it was indeed shameful.

it was the same on the 24th and night, but that was bearable, and not on the 25th.

I look around and tears came down my eyes. no where to go as it was Xmas, one naira was not in my pocket, no food and my stomach was grumbly. shame couldn't let me call my brothers and sisters tjsy would be so embarrassing. it was around 7 PM I flash one of my friend. he called me and I told him if he would ever believe since morning I haven't eaten? I explained to him. he was shock and told.me to send bank account which I did and he credited me 5k.

that 5k was like 10m credit in my eyes. I bath up and preceded to ATM and make the withdraw, my eyes was turning me as there was no strength in me, it was indeed a dry fasting.

luckily I saw a restaurant that open on Xmas day. They indeed didn't cook on Xmas day it was the leftover food they sell on the 24th that they warm and selling on 25th, it was already 8pm, well I bought a plate of fufu and egusi soup N300. after I gain some strength I went to a bar and bought 3 bottle of hero at N250 each. bought small airtime N200 and 1 week internet data N500.

then I begin to think about my life as I was browsing nairaland front-page. I said to my self never to put my trust on humans again. my next move was toward getting my apartment first thing first.

I give all thanks to God Almighty, I currently in my apartment and having the best of Xmas. I wish you all a merry Xmas.

seun, lalasticlala

Modified.

9 Likes

Re: God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 25, 2019
Its too early to start thanking God Bro

Your village people went on holiday.

Wait till after they resume plenary and open your case.
Re: God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas by fineboynl(m): 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2019
OgunLaakaye:
Its too early to start thanking God Bro

Your village people went on holiday.

Wait till after they resume plenary and open your case.
lol, God Pass them.

2 Likes

Re: God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas by SaintAlbert53: 6:51pm On Dec 25, 2019
Please my home is dry and there's nothing for the family to feed on today,i feel ashamed but i am not going to hide my face for help to come.I am still happy I and my families are alive.(SIBLINGS)
Please put a smile on the face of i and my family today,God bless you..

Diamond bank/Access bank
Re: God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 25, 2019
fineboynl:

@op, thank God for your life, next year will be bigger than this year. Amen. May God remember all who had it rough this year Amen.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas by fineboynl(m): 7:34pm On Dec 25, 2019
Chimpretty:
@op, thank God for your life, next year will be bigger than this year. Amen. May the God remember all who had it rough this year Amen.
thanks God bless you.
Re: God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 25, 2019
fineboynl:
thanks God bless you.
you too
Re: God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas by fineboynl(m): 7:39pm On Dec 25, 2019
I forget to add this.

let me add it now.

on new year watch night 31st. I went to Church. before then our pastor have instructed we write down the things we don't want in 2019. I wrote them down and went to church that night. during the prayer session I cry out to God. all the written papers were burnt in the church. the funny part is that God doesn't bless person instantly. it always takes time. 2019 was not that rosy but it wasn't bad like 2018. but all the way, I give him thanks for where I'm today. I don't have it that much but looking back at 2018 I appreciate him greatly.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas by uboma(m): 2:53am On Dec 26, 2019
@fineboynl,

Please do invite your friend and his girlfriend to your place and offer them the best of what you have. This way, you will prove that you have truly forgiven them and hold no grudges against them. If they hadnt acted the way they did, probably you might still squatting at their place. Remember not to hold a grudge against anyone.

All the best to you.

Seasons greetings.

2 Likes

Re: God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas by BetterPoison: 4:25am On Dec 26, 2019
Your story is deep but then again you can't blame them. They showed you no one can be like your father and mother. Maybe they too didn't have enough to sustain one person talk less of three people(you, the guy and his girlfriend)
They respected you, that was why they couldn't face you to tell you to leave. I have been there too, I have been through the roughest of times and I even lost the count of days. but I thank God for his goodness even though I lack. I know I have life which gives hope.
I hope you find it in your heart to forgive them. Happy new year in advance

5 Likes

Re: God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 26, 2019
BetterPoison:
Your story is deep but then again you can't blame them. They showed you no one can be like your father and mother. Maybe they too didn't have enough to sustain one person talk less of three people(you, the guy and his girlfriend)
They respected you, that was why they couldn't face you to tell you to leave. I have been there too, I have been through the roughest of times and I even lost the count of days. but I thank God for his goodness even though I lack. I know I have life which gives hope.
I hope you find it in your heart to forgive them. Happy new year in advance
respect!!!!

You know the struggle!!!

I have been in the OPs friends shoe before. It get worse when the said friend tells you he’d be staying for a short time and end up staying extra months...Nigeria is hard mehn!!! We just surviving

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas by eyefordetails: 8:23am On Dec 26, 2019
Your story moved me to tears. But then Tides do what Tides do, they turn.
Re: God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas by Brownhypo: 8:31am On Dec 26, 2019
Op, thank God for the drastic turn around in your life. Keep Excelling
Re: God, I Think You For This Year Xmas. 2018 Was My Worst Xmas by fineboynl(m): 9:45am On Dec 26, 2020
I will never forget this topic. The Xmas keep getting better.

(1) (Reply)

Man Celebrates His Differently-Abled Wife As She Gives Birth To Their Son (Pix) / Wives Of Today And Those Of Yesterday *** / I Want To Take Off My Father's Name From My Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.