Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced (21225 Views)

Magu Quizzed Over 380 Houses, 7 Crude Oil-laden Ships, N37bn Assets / SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States / Bamidele Salam Kicks Against N37 Billion Budget For NASS Renovation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Nobody: 5:10am On Dec 26, 2019
The Senate has described as misplaced and unwarranted , the public outcry against the leadership of the National Assembly over the proposed renovation of the nation ’ s parliament complex by the Federal Government at a cost of N 37bn .

The acting Chairman , Senate Committee on Media and Public Affairs , Senator Godiya Akwashiki, who stated this in an interview with our correspondent in Abuja, said National Assembly leadership played no role either in the approval , the execution or the cost of the project .

Akwashiki explained to our correspondent on Tuesday that the President of the Senate , Ahmad Lawan , and the Speaker of the House of Representatives , Femi Gbajabiamila , did the right thing by informing the President , Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd . ) , when the building was giving signs of an imminent collapse .

He said , “The public outcry against the leadership of the National Assembly on the issue of the N 37 bn National Assembly complex renovation project is not only misplaced but unnecessary and unwarranted .

“ The building is the property of the Federal Capital Development Authority . The N 37bn budget for its renovation is not even part of the 2020 budget of the National Assembly.
“ It is the responsibility of the leadership of the National Assembly to inform the President of the country about the state of the complex and the dangers that the dilapidated condition poses to users of the building. ...
https://punchng.com/outrage-against-n37bn-nass-renovation-budget-misplaced-senate/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by tsephanyah(f): 5:20am On Dec 26, 2019
Just like KSA and Israel.. America av interest in Nigeria so they will not speak out on minor issues like ignos wants them to

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Brandstudio01: 5:21am On Dec 26, 2019
Busy talking about about renovating their Meeting point when the American Senators are carrying out the Task they where voted for. These dudes should hide their face in shame

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Flyingngel(m): 6:15am On Dec 26, 2019
when I see pictures of countries that were very bad in shape in the 60s compare to Nigeria then transforming into a better states while Nigeria is going down in every indices known to man; then I know that it will take the grace of God for us to move forward.
Congrat to the Senate of corruption .

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by netpro(m): 6:51am On Dec 26, 2019
There are better things to do with N37b.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by beardedboy(m): 6:52am On Dec 26, 2019
Honestly, 37bn for a government property isn't too much. Many countries probably spend more.
But in a country where most people live on less than a dollar per day, I think this is misplacement of priorities.

Please see my signature.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Racoon(m): 6:52am On Dec 26, 2019
Meanwhile, outrage against the social media/alleged hate speech regulation bills is also misplaced? This is the simple reason why these overfed buffons are pressing for this satanic bill -so that the masses will simply accept their servitude & oppression.It will not work.Bunch of retards & fucktards. angry

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by jumper524(m): 6:53am On Dec 26, 2019
No body is saying renovating the National Assembly is Bad but 37billion to renovate only the NASS is too much for goodness sake.
There's what they call scale of preference and NASS renovation shouldn't even go into the list if you table the Nations challenges.
As politician and leaders the people should come first and not you.
The people who elected you has clearly kicked against such quest and your busy calling the public outcry as unnecessary? Are these politicians reasonable at all?
There are over 37 teaching hospitals across the nation which lack cheap and basic amenities, if that money is shared equally amongst all these hospitals it'll go a long way in helping the masses you swore to protect..

I'm certain none of you can publicly defend such amount for renovation, the few senators invited by TV stations are always trying to dodge the questions or claim ignorance on the idea which made them look stupid at the end..

If the NASS respect its citizens they'll either cut the fee by more than 90% or totally shun such quest, if they don't then we the masses would stop wailing and properly lead a total revolution.

Both PDP and APC senators are quiet on these one as it fits their pocket the most.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by fatymore(f): 6:53am On Dec 26, 2019
37 billion for renovation cheesy

Please share the money well, so that there can be more money in circulation.

Wicked people. angry

Happy Boxing Day Nairaland kiss

Check my siggy embarassed

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Lynx001: 6:54am On Dec 26, 2019
fg to establish North east development commision to help rebuild north east.
southern legislators: no. Its not needed. its to siphon money, we will resist it.
Senator from south east send proposal for south east development commision: south western/northern legislator shoot bill down.
fg request 1billion$ to buy arms.
pdp legislators: its stealing. We no go gree, we will report fg to ICC,IMF,FIFA,NFF,NYSC.
Senator from south east(pdp) propose additional fund of 500 billion for their constituency projects. No noise. Ahmed lawan. North(apc). You are right. We will look into it speedily. Remi tinubu(apc): senator emeka good proposal. We the apc caucus support you.
fulani apc legislator proposes 10billion for cars for legislators: Igbo pdp legislator: i support,my friend muhammad,we need the cars.politicians are one. I pity nl tribalist

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by helinues: 6:55am On Dec 26, 2019
The approvals by FG must be in exchanged for something probably loans.

If they are spending N35bn on just renovation, wondering how much it would cost to build from scratch.

Time of reckoning awaits all our politicians..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by QuickStandard: 6:55am On Dec 26, 2019
It's a pity we have these bunch as lawmakers.
37 billion for renovation?

You all will surely give account one day.
Even if this our generation can't hold you guys accountable for eating stealing our yams, surely you will still pay one way or the other.

Bunch of rogues!!!

37 billion kee you there....

Spits

and the dangers that the dilapidated condition poses to users of the building. ...

I wish it collapse on you one day.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by crownwealth: 6:55am On Dec 26, 2019
Rogues
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Ayoswit(f): 6:55am On Dec 26, 2019
Just to renovate, 37bil? Dis con3 is a joke undecided

2 Likes

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Rapmoney(m): 6:55am On Dec 26, 2019
Sinking ship!

2 Likes

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 26, 2019
these people don't know what a dilapidated building looks like

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by McCoy662(m): 6:57am On Dec 26, 2019
Renovating national assembly is not the problem, the cost is. How can we use a whooping #37b for renovations when our hospitals and schools are in worse shape? Honestly, this government has a misplaced priority.

13 Likes

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by JubrinElSudan: 6:58am On Dec 26, 2019
The 37bn can get a new structure. Why not demolish the current one before it collapses and kills our Honorables. Ndi ara

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by sammychimex(m): 6:59am On Dec 26, 2019
They said our national assembly complex is showing signs of iminent collapse, am wondering if they have been attacking the building or the building is just tired of the foolishness of our legislators?
Anyways give me that same amount of money and I will build them a brand new complex that will be able to withstand all the foolishness and wickedness going on there including budget padding oh.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Kingrefreshed: 7:00am On Dec 26, 2019
beardedboy:
Honestly, 37bn for a government property isn't too much. Many countries probably spend more.
But in a country where most people live on less than a dollar per day, I think this is misplacement of priorities.

Please see my signature.

Abeg No vex, what's special about your Signature??!! Since January 1st till now.... See my signature, see my signature

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Ijaycool(f): 7:00am On Dec 26, 2019
Our leaders rulers in this Country actually knows what is right. They only care to do 'what is right' when it concerns them.

You see how he is concerned about the safety of the occupants of the building and reminding us that it is Federal Government property?

Talking about dilapidated buildings:
Has he been to our general hospitals, our universities' hostels, our markets... These infrastructures are like coffins waiting to close upon it's occupants.

But all of a sudden the Complex is showing signs of imminent collapse, it is 'showing signs' meanwhile other aforementioned infrastructures are already collapsing.

I hope 2020 will see the end of some of these rogues

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Sunsets: 7:02am On Dec 26, 2019

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by cupidFlint(m): 7:02am On Dec 26, 2019
Wetin una no go misplace? Na so una misplace mace. Abeg make the person wey steal the budget burn am... we need money for something more important not renovating a building that's in a perfect condition. This is just an Avenue to siphon funds into individual pockets

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by martowskin1(m): 7:03am On Dec 26, 2019
I know u guys feel all Nigerians are zombies. But the truth is some of us are not, we see through your gimmicks, we see through ur lies and deceit.

How can u be renovating a building u built 21yrs ago with 7billion for 37billion.

Even if naira had lost value. Come on is it not too much. Budget for education is barely around 40billion and u are renovating a building with 37billiin.

What is happening to u guys, if we complain those idiots that can't think we call us names, 5%, wailers and more.

But this lies is so glaring in the eyes for everyone to see....

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by jp130(m): 7:03am On Dec 26, 2019
Honest way of stealing.
Ayam not undastanding

Invest in d economy for gainful employment, dem no hear.
Develope d economy to boost potential output of entrepreneurs, dem no hear.
Na building wher a person go go sit n tak a nap atyms n lata colect sitting allowance wher go pay my salary for 10yrs up, na it dem want renovate for 37b not million o. Hear how dem de mention moni

My signature consoles me

4 Likes

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by beardedboy(m): 7:04am On Dec 26, 2019
Kingrefreshed:

undecided what are you saying

And you even included your words in your quote. Since January till now you don't know how to quote someone on NL?! sad
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by fatymore(f): 7:05am On Dec 26, 2019
beardedboy:

Please see my signature.

You say, you mean what

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by jclassiq(m): 7:05am On Dec 26, 2019
What is he expected to say?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Signs 16 Constitution Amendment Bills Into Law / Breaking: Tambuwal Picks Sokoto Governorship Form / Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.