Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced (21234 Views)

Magu Quizzed Over 380 Houses, 7 Crude Oil-laden Ships, N37bn Assets / SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States / Bamidele Salam Kicks Against N37 Billion Budget For NASS Renovation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by yesloaded: 7:06am On Dec 26, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by babzo(m): 7:06am On Dec 26, 2019
beardedboy:
Honestly, 37bn for a government property isn't too much. Many countries probably spend more.
But in a country where most people live on less than a dollar per day, I think this is misplacement of priorities.

Please see my signature.

Bro na wa.
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by smailon: 7:06am On Dec 26, 2019
Please tell someone that knows someone in the Senate that I will design, build and furnish a new Complex with any available N25b. tongue

Guess what?
Gov't will save N12b wink
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Sheriman(m): 7:07am On Dec 26, 2019
Asan AWON Oloriburuku Senators radarada ti won ko Ra won si ile igbimo asofin..

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Mac2016(m): 7:08am On Dec 26, 2019
I see nothing but means to siphon money... Many here don't know the value of 37 billion Naira.

It takes you 83years and 4 months at least to save to get 1 billion naira if your salary is 1million per month if you don't spend a dime out of it.

₦37b can get a better new structure for NASS to deliberate in. Healthcare is down.. Power down.. Yet na renovation dem dey cry... I am yet to see any sign of serious distress in that complex that requires that much money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by TallPck1(m): 7:09am On Dec 26, 2019
With all these outcry, they would still go ahead with it.

Same thing happened when they demanded huge sum for their cars and nothing happened. Rubber stamp senators at it again. Nigeria is gone.
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by tete7000(m): 7:11am On Dec 26, 2019
Building built when is showing imminent collapse? If that is true, those who built it should be tried and jailed. And the N37b earmarked for renovation will probably build new three of such complex. How do spend N37b to renovate a complex built at a far lower cost? This Nigeria self, only miracle can redeem it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by martowskin1(m): 7:13am On Dec 26, 2019
beardedboy:
Honestly, 37bn for a government property isn't too much. Many countries probably spend more.
But in a country where most people live on less than a dollar per day, I think this is misplacement of priorities.

Please see my signature.

One mumu just like ur comment, let me tell u. As at 1999 that complex was built with 7billion. just 21yrs ago.

So renovating this same building now cost 37billiin.

Bros reason na, no be everything una go dey support because of say una wan support party, this things are ripple effect o, see u struggling to do u minor business just to feed, is this the kind of life u want....

U people are seeing our leaders messing up but and u keep supporting them, them dey use juju for una, can't u guys see what is happening.

Even if naira lost value, come on this is too much

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by awoluyi(m): 7:16am On Dec 26, 2019
Approved. But a day is coming when Nigerians will be governed by people with "renovated" hearts and brains.
How can renovating a complex with 37billion naira be a priority in this country at moment?

2 Likes

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by emmydiamon(m): 7:17am On Dec 26, 2019
People wa won renovate the building de come from other planet, maybe Mars or Venus, and they need to carry there workers from there come earth. Rubbish leaders.
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 26, 2019
Vanity con3
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Sheriman(m): 7:23am On Dec 26, 2019
See my people all these Crying and Wailing on Nairaland can't solve our National problem militating against us in this Country. What we need to do is to organize a 3months Nationwide Protests that will caught the attention of International community to intervene in our matters and we will set a demand that all Politicians guilty of Corrupt cases must re-signed with immediate effect from office just like Iraq, Hong Kong, Chile, Bolivia, Venezuela and Algeria.. This is only way we can do it Ooooo if not my people, these Thieves are ready to Loot everything down to zero in this Country..

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:24am On Dec 26, 2019
21 years ago..

martowskin1:

One mumu just like ur comment, let me tell u. As at 1999 that complex was built with 7billion. just 11yrs ago.

So renovating this same building now cost 37billiin.

Bros reason na, no be everything una go dey support because of say una wan support party, this things are ripple effect o, see u struggling to do u minor business just to feed, is this the kind of life u want....

U people are seeing our leaders messing up but and u keep supporting them, them dey use juju for una, can't u guys see what is happening.

Even if naira lost value, come on this is too much
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by SocialJustice: 7:26am On Dec 26, 2019
Lol, so the building is giving signs of collapse. Interesting.
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Shattuck(m): 7:29am On Dec 26, 2019
what I find most annoying is the idea of trying to defend this inhumanity against a people,37billion can provide several basic primary healthcare in a nation with a poor healthcare,you have over 10million out of school children, a poverty capital of the entire universe,the only message the senate and the entire govt has passed is that it is me before you,my greed before your lives,the greed of my family and my generation before your lives,the masses are not even in the equation. so much for a nation.

2 Likes

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by osusuallstars: 7:30am On Dec 26, 2019
This is just compensation to the leadership of the national assembly for approval of buhari 30b dollar loan.
What is imminent collapse of such an edifice .
Even the cost of building that Assembly is never up to 37b naira .

I see reason everyday to believe in Nnamdi KANU

Restructure this contraption or break into six pieces.
All hail Biafra
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by emmydiamon(m): 7:31am On Dec 26, 2019
Sheriman:
See my people all these Crying and Wailing on Nairaland can't solve our National problem militating against us in this Country. What we need to do is to organize a 3months Nationwide Protests that will caught the attention of International community to intervene in our matters and we will set a demand that all Politicians guilty of Corrupt cases must re-signed with immediate effect from office just like Iraq, Hong Kong, Chile, Bolivia, Venezuela and Algeria.. This is only way we can do it Ooooo if not my people, these Thieves are ready to Loot everything down to zero in this Country..
The problem with Nigeria is who will go first? Even if any one go, who will fellow him firmly for the protest? Every body de fear.

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by martowskin1(m): 7:34am On Dec 26, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
21 years ago..

Ok, typo

Does that justify the 37billion?
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by benchovic11(m): 7:54am On Dec 26, 2019
When you see a thing like this then you are going to be worried about the kind of youths that Nigeria has! They are fearful, they are too busy doing nothing and some have already sold themselves out to the will of politicians and then become killing machines all in the name of thuggery. When will the youth of this Nation rise to say enough is enough? For crying out loud, dilapidated structures and infrastructure are begging for attention in our tertiary institutions. They don’t give attention to Science and technology; you see about 20 - 30 students crowding a single burrette during titration experiments in our tertiary institutions, you see Engineering students in Metallurgy doing abstract things about a lathe machine, medical students without human digestive system models and yet these bunch of vampires can go ahead to talk about 37 billion naira for their pockets renovation instead of declaring state of emergency in the education sector? I think it’s time to redefine this Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 26, 2019
Bunch of SELF-SERVING THIEVES!

The doomed shithole is long overdue for a red-revolt!
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Captainrambo2: 7:54am On Dec 26, 2019
tsephanyah:
Just like KSA and Israel.. America av interest in Nigeria so they will not speak out on minor issues like ignos wants them to
soo it's okay to renovate with 37b something that wasnt even built with IP to 15b.

Just to spite ignos you will sink Nigeria. Your region will join her neighbours like Chad CAR Somalia and niger republic with thier negative ratings
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by 9japride(m): 7:55am On Dec 26, 2019
Anybody supporting the renovation is a direct beneficiary of nepotism and corrupt practices going on in this government. Don't be fooled, especially on those Zom.bies making noise they are only doing the work they are paid to do.
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Kaybaba5(m): 7:58am On Dec 26, 2019
See these senators we voted for....

But I believe naija will be great again
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by seguno2: 8:02am On Dec 26, 2019
tsephanyah:
Just like KSA and Israel.. America av interest in Nigeria so they will not speak out on minor issues like ignos wants them to

Are Nigerians so voiceless they cannot make the people whom they allow to lead them, do the right thing?
Continue wailing for your fellow human beings to rescue you from your own leaders because you have no shame and let us see how far that will take you. Let us see how far.
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by CasNova: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2019
The senator is the one misplacing the reason for the outrage. People are indignant at the cost and timing of the renovation, not about who initiated the project.
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by theowane: 8:08am On Dec 26, 2019
Give me just 8 billion, and I will renovate the whole complex, in 9 months. Madam, do you know what 37 billion is? That money is about 1/3 of the budget of some small states in Nigeria, and you say its misplaced outrage. Give that money to Gov Fayemi and see how about 3 million Ekiti people will not benefit from it. When the MKO Abiola stadium was built by the Obasanjo administration in 2003, do you know for how much it was built? 38 billion! Pensions are still been owed since 2006, and are been paid in small small bits, minimum wage arrears have not been paid, Lagos Ibadan road is still there, second Niger bridge is dragging, Mambilla project... I beg you madam, I know you were once a senator and it is now your duty to speak for the red chambers (at least for now), but you have to do that feeling the pulse of the nation. If the building complex is that of the FCT, why then are you telling Mr president? Why not go and tell the FCT minister? You are even contradicting yourself
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by zoedew: 8:12am On Dec 26, 2019
Most NA members either do not read or never learn from history. Soon to come is a revolution that will sweep them away like it happened in the French Revolution.

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by enawt: 8:12am On Dec 26, 2019
Give Dauda the bricklayer leader for my area 5 billion naira and same land space and we will have a structure better than this stupid audio NASS proposed renovation

37B my foot, swindlers
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Homextras: 8:20am On Dec 26, 2019
Has anyone ever thought about the figure 37B and match it with the no of States in Nigeria including the FCT...

If you know, you know...

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by wellmax(m): 8:21am On Dec 26, 2019
I thought he was going to say something sensible
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by SenecaTheYonger: 8:22am On Dec 26, 2019
beardedboy:

Please see my signature.

The building didn't cost more than 10 billion even if u adjust for inflation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Killings: Defend Yourselves, Ortom Tells Benue Residents / El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) / 9th National Assembly… Dogara Moves To Retain Speaker’s Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.