Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:11 AM

Siblings Bravely Fight Off Carjacker Who Stole Their Father's SUV - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Siblings Bravely Fight Off Carjacker Who Stole Their Father's SUV (785 Views)

Nigerian Boy Lied That South African Girls Stole Their Rolex And Stripped Them / Gateman Stabs Employer, Raped Wife Till She Passed Out Then Stole Their Valuable / Hookers Mercilessly Beat Man Who Stole Their Phone, At A Hotel In Wuse 2, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siblings Bravely Fight Off Carjacker Who Stole Their Father's SUV by Cargist44: 7:17am On Dec 26, 2019
Not everyone is brave enough to fight off a robber who has come to steal from them, let alone a 16-year-old girl. However, one teen has gone to become a hero after standing her ground to protect her two siblings after a carjacker had jumped into their car and driven off as they were waiting inside the car for their father who had gone to buy pizza.

Imama Muratab and her two younger siblings, Hasnain 9 and Ayesha, 5 were waiting inside their father's SUV on a Sunday night in Chicago when the frightening incident happened.

Naijauto gathered that their father had left them inside the car and rushed to get their dinner, pizza, in West Rogers Park. The carjacker saw that as an opportunity and jumped into their car after coming down from a stolen Toyota Camry which had stopped beside the car.

Imama told local media that her siblings were sleeping while she was starting to doze off when the car robber jumped in.

She said,

"This dude just jumps in the car and he looks back and I realize it's not my dad, so I go, 'Who are you?!''
He starts driving really fast, going in like a zig-zag pattern."

According to her, the man screamed, "Get out or I'm going to shoot you."

Imama had wanted to get out as the man had screamed but she wasn't ready to leave her siblings behind.

She said,

"I was just scared for my life, I didn't know what to do,' Imama said.
I was in panic mode, like, I wanted to cry but I knew I had to do something that can help.'

The teenager began to scream and at the same time, tried to choke the man when her screaming woke up her brother and sister.
Her siblings joined her in hitting the carjacker and Imama saw her father's phone and took it. She started to call 911 while her brother used his iPad to continue hitting the carjacker.

The carjacker only drove four blocks before stopping. He got down and fled in the Toyota Camry that he earlier came in.

A CCTV footage from a fuel station captured the carjacker with his gang members inside the stolen Toyota car barely an hour after the incident.

The police surrounded them after they were caught but the driver fled. The remaining four were arrested and indicted for criminal trespass to the car.

Source: https://naijauto.com/market-news/siblings-fight-off-carjacker-5783

Re: Siblings Bravely Fight Off Carjacker Who Stole Their Father's SUV by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 26, 2019
Don't be like Imama in a country called Nigeria.... Especially places like Okene in Kogi state and the ever busy Ore.

Na your life you go just waste.

1 Like

Re: Siblings Bravely Fight Off Carjacker Who Stole Their Father's SUV by superlanny(m): 7:34am On Dec 26, 2019
Don't try this in Naija, I repeat don't try this in Naija, jejely wake your sibling and come down, we don't have a police here. If you form Hero, na you go hear am.

1 Like

Re: Siblings Bravely Fight Off Carjacker Who Stole Their Father's SUV by DaveHert(m): 7:58am On Dec 26, 2019
Senseless thief! This kind of bravely will only shorten it lifespan in a place like Naija.
Re: Siblings Bravely Fight Off Carjacker Who Stole Their Father's SUV by GMbuharii: 2:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Bravery..

If she were a coneheaded structure,na mowe Ibafo IDP camp straight. grin

(1) (Reply)

Father Mercilessly Beats His Secondary Sch Daughter He Caught Kissing A Boy / Lockdown: Woman Bathes Neighbour With Hot Water In Lagos / A Police Officer Telling A Black Man To Lick His Own Urine (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.