Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Introducing Travel Miles(making Money Through The Travel Industry Simplified) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Introducing Travel Miles(making Money Through The Travel Industry Simplified) (286 Views)

Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! / Donte Franklin: White Man Gifts N23m To Nigerian Man Who Treks 17 Miles To Work / How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Introducing Travel Miles(making Money Through The Travel Industry Simplified) by skyatlantic: 2:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
MY STORY
I wonder if you have been in a situation that you feel you are forcing yourself so hard to try to understand what the heck is going on around you. Such was my situation after staying abroad for 15 years and i decided to be home ,after all they say Home is always gonna be the best. Permit me to put it this way, i was in a situation that i donno who to blame, whether to blame myself for staying that long abroad or whether im gonna blame everything around me that seems not to be going the right way. When i look at people’s faces, i see frustration, i see anger, i see TIGERS waiting to ejaculate their long canines inside its prey. Take a trip to the bank....it aint different. The cashier looks at you with this feeling of i don’t care who the heck you are. How about the drivers on the road...Everybody seems to be in a haste...Horns are blazing like 911 Emergency units.I remember this dude that was blasting his horn just 2 meters on my tail with a clear message that if you aint gonna move i will move you with my bumper, well i decided to clear from the road for him to move on,,In my mind I assumed that perhaps he is on a long distance trip...Only for him to park at a corner store just less than 10 mins after pushing me out of the road...deeep sighhhhhhhhhhh. Again i am not trying to blame anybody nether am i trying to pretend that the greater chunk of my life wasn’t spent here...but the thing is, ,i donno if my gentility have completely overtaken my ability to blend. The noisy generators, the Maruwas (KEKES) all competing for the road with the cars and buses .The conductors and public drivers shouting on each other. The uniform officials hanging at the tail of buses. It wasn’t as bad as this when we passed through this NYSC thing..Corpers, Graduates being used by the higher echelon as thugs and billboard .I remember seeing one boldly wearing a banner of a certain politician (yorobarily weaved into a parachute sandwiched with his coppers trousers). I get it and i understand why 1 out of 3 persons i talked to always wanted to travel. Ironically most of us that are abraod wanted to come home. Kevin one of my guys told me and i quote..Oga it is better to live in SUNCITY and be beaten by the SUN than to live in the JUNGLE and be eaten by the HUNGRY LIONS and I add Lionesses too cos even the ladies are not left out in this anger game..I get it and i totally agree with him. The painful part is to see youths scratching their hands on anything just to keep life going.. they call it huzzling...Betting shops aint doing them good either, betting has become the trend .purely pool office rebranded as we used to call it back in the days ,A thing considered as a taboo has been reborn and a lot are trying to see if they can miraculously find their career in betting. Makes me wanna quote them the popular Slogan in Las Vagas That says “what happens here, stays here” .I am not in anyways blaming the youths,, its just that there are no jobs, ,i can’t find anything new, the old companies are gone with no replacements .Ironically it seems the country is running a mono economy made for the Dangotes.. Any business they get into become a contraband for other Nigerians. I am in no way saying that Dangote is not contributing to the growth, in fact he has done a lot for the image of this country, afterall i am so proud that one of the richest black man alive is from my own country.. Its just that certain things doesn’t connect. Its like being rich and being poor at the same time, ,Its like you are a friend of millionaires and yet you can’t pay your bills. What i am trying to say is that the youths are completely shutoff and i get it, when they decided to eke out a living somehow anyhow,just anything to survive, In naija they call it the survival of the fittest but over there it is survival of the smartest. We can do better than trying to survive. Everybody wants THE money but nobody wants THE career. Makes me remember a naija guy back in the days at the USA Embassy who wanted to travel with loaded cash in his Bank Statement .It was just a simple question asked and he shits on his pant, He was asked young man what is your job,, my guy lost his balance and started stammering. At the end, his passport was stamped denied front and back. There is this sense of i wanna be better than you everywhere, ,there is this uncalled competition going on. Everyone wants the cash rather than how to make the cash. .Patience is gone, values are history. I admit that i was opportuned but it wasn’t without patience. Now somebody reading this will say, what on earth are you doing for 15 years. Well the answer is, i was busy learning how to fish and i am confident to say i have perfected the art of fishing. Huzzing is a name made only in Africa. Truth be told, the naija factor was so unbecoming that i had to cut my stay short for only 2 months and here i am thinking of what my part will be at least to motivate passionate and aspiring youths to avoid this white collar job hunting and engage in productive business ventures. Too bad the loans are not easy to come, and those that have access to the loans gets it and off they go. This whole experience have gotten me to huddle with my group to figure out a way we can motivate and empower youths. I am proud to say that starting from this 2020,we will be empowering 100 Nigerian Youths by teaching them and helping them make a living in the Travel Industry where I have made a name for myself. We have already gotten the company registered and website getting lunched soon. I challenge each and every one of us to act in our own little capacity to start this revolution of change. TOGETHER WE CAN. We will be working with the first 100 well motivated individuals who will become the pioneers. I understand there are no posting of links and numbers herein so if you are that person that IS TEACHABLE, LEARNABLE AND READY TO BE TAUGHT TO FISH, then go ahead and send me email with your cel no with the subject line written as ,YES WE CAN. We will shutoff the line of communication when 100 pioneers are completed ,We are preparing a whatsapp group, You can reach me at skyatlanticng@gmail.com

Re: Introducing Travel Miles(making Money Through The Travel Industry Simplified) by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 05, 2020
Op I'm interested in this please

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Processing Time For Visas For Belgium? / Covid-19 Has Cut Daily Auto Accidents / 172 Nigerians Evacuated From Uganda And Nairobi Due To COVID19 Arrive Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.