Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! (53266 Views)

Who has noticed this about travel section?? / How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians / December Travel: Deciding A Destination For The Yuletide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 26, 2023
I decided to travel to South Korea last year after developing a huge wanderlust to visit the country. I visited Seoul, Jeonju, Boseong, Namwon and Busan.

I found it to be a very beautiful country. Some of my favourite things include the food, ease of transportation around the country and Korean architecture. I will start off this thread with how I got my visa and how to travel from Nigeria to South Korea.

Feel free to ask me any questions about visiting South Korea. Please note that I do not know much about moving there. I will only be able to respond to questions about visiting as a tourist.

I hope you enjoy the stories. I will post as fast as I can but might be slow too... smiley

101 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by donaldking10: 10:54am On Jan 26, 2023
I've always dreamt of traveling to south-korea.
I believe they have the hottest set of chicks in Asia according to my taste.
Tall, Slim, Sexy, Portable-Ass, Moderately sized boobs, with a cute doll-like face.
Those south-korean chicks really freak me.

90 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 26, 2023
Getting a visa was not very difficult and it was also quite affordable ($40). I have an entire post on my blog dedicated to this information but in summary, if you are applying in Nigeria, you need to apply in person at least 14 days before your trip and you can either apply in Lagos or in Abuja.

I went with Qatar Airways and I found them to be one of the cheapest and shortest ways to get to South Korea. Qatar flies from Lagos to Doha and from Doha to Seoul. Once I arrived at Incheon Airport in Seoul, I got a SIM card and booked a bus ticket directly to a city called Jeonju. The bus ride lasted about 3 hours and it was very comfortable, clean and spacious.

I stayed in Jeonju for 2 days and really liked it. I visited the Hanok Village - which is where the traditional houses are, and then tried some of the food there - which tasted really good and spicy.

81 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Mstravelindiva: 12:32pm On Jan 26, 2023
Beautiful pics and I love the positive travel vibes. Cuisine looks amazing! Keep the pics and post coming.

Safe travels and be well~

53 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2023
Mstravelindiva:
Beautiful pics and I love the positive travel vibes. Cuisine looks amazing! Keep the pics and post coming.

Safe travels and be well~

Thank you!

18 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 26, 2023
After my time in Jeonju, I headed off to a famous tea plantation in a place called Boseong. It was quite a journey to get there due to several connections but the scenery was very worth it. I spent a few hours roaming around and tried some green tea beverages like Ice cream and tea and cookies. I liked everything apart from the ice cream.

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 26, 2023
My next stop was Namwon, a small town located a few hours away from Seoul. I found a nice, modern and affordable hanok (traditional house) hotel and decided to spend a night there. The hotel also had a beautiful garden with a nice pavilion right behind it. If you watch Kdramas, there have been quite a few dramas shot in this place. The meal in the first picture was from this town.

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by sihamey: 5:04pm On Jan 26, 2023
Which camera do you use for the pictures ??

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2023
sihamey:
Which camera do you use for the pictures ??

I used a Samsung S21 phone

158 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by ATEAMS: 5:52pm On Jan 26, 2023
Nice and insightful.,..

Y don't you like the ice cream ? Full of herbs ?

+ The hotel room seem you slept on the floor( no bedstand)

11 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Lostchild(m): 7:47pm On Jan 26, 2023
I have visited South Korea twice spiritually.. smiley

Very fine country

126 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Yohans(m): 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2023
Following
Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by leisuretym: 9:27pm On Jan 26, 2023
When are you coming back to Nigeria?

Make sure you’re back before election, we need that one Vote

211 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Hendrixky: 9:27pm On Jan 26, 2023
Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by marlow1962(m): 9:27pm On Jan 26, 2023
Nice 👍

I no sure say I fit eat all these oyibo ppl dem food, cus e no go hold my belle.
Fufu or nothing grin

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by abraham324: 9:27pm On Jan 26, 2023
I dey there with u, turn back make u see me

5 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Sabadon(m): 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2023
One of the coubtries i love, definitely on my bucket list

8 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by FalseProphet1(m): 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2023
South Korea is a great country, I see myself opening a branch of my spiritual center there very soon.

This I have seen.

60 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by pocohantas(f): 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2023
Seslie:
After my time in Jeonju, I headed off to a famous tea plantation in a place called Boseong. It was quite a journey to get there due to several connections but the scenery was very worth it. I spent a few hours roaming around and tried some green tea beverages like Ice cream and tea and cookies. I liked everything apart from the ice cream.

That ice cream be like wetin them blend ugu put. Beautiful pictures!

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Sultty(m): 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2023
Seslie:
I decided to travel to South Korea last year after developing a huge wanderlust to visit the country. I visited Seoul, Jeonju, Boseong, Namwon and Busan.

I found it to be a very beautiful country. Some of my favourite things include the food, ease of transportation around the country and Korean architecture. I will start off this thread with how I got my visa and how to travel from Nigeria to South Korea.

Feel free to ask me any questions about visiting South Korea. Please note that I do not know much about moving there. I will only be able to respond to questions about visiting as a tourist.

I hope you enjoy the stories. I will post as fast as I can but might be slow too... smiley
_How good is their food on a scale of 1(very nice)- 5 (bad)
_How is their employment rate
_How hospitable are the citizen, hope they are not racist

10 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Afokesco(m): 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2023
nice

1 Like

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Creamypie(m): 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2023
Awwww. So nice

1 Like

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by SirJerrie(m): 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2023
Why's everywhere empty?
People don't live around the places you visited?

Or you're prohibited from taking pictures with people in it?

I for like see fine people o

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Cholls(m): 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2023
My God when is my turn

3 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by paradigmshift(m): 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2023
Very beautiful.. south Korea is very beautiful and they are techyyyyyyy

2 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by VeryWickedGoat: 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2023
South Korea without live seafood.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Yankee101: 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2023
Might want to go for holidays but not sure about racism there or not so much

2 Likes

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 26, 2023
tell us about racism in south korea

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea! by VeryWickedGoat: 9:31pm On Jan 26, 2023
Cholls:
My God when is my turn

Once you are ready to leave fraud and work.

33 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) / Man Trapped In A Sealed Manhole In Lagos, Cries Out For Help (Video) / World's Most Expensive (And Cheapest) Cities Revealed,See Where Lagos Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.