Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders (6700 Views)

Hear What Pope Francis Tells Buhari,other World Leaders / Pastor Kisses Naked Women Butts As Prayer To Get Husband / Recommended Spiritual Warfare Prayer To Pray At Least Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by Anayordike(m): 10:03pm On Nov 30, 2010
”Justice? You high and mighty politicians don’t even know the meaning of the word!
Fairness? Which of you has any left? Not one! All your dealings are crooked: you give justice in exchange for bribes. These men are born sinners, lying from their earliest words! They are poisonous as deadly snakes, cobras that close their ears to the most expert charmers. And those evil people are like that as they make their evil plans.

O God, break off their fangs. Tear out the teeth of these young lions, Lord. Let them disappear like water into thirsty ground. Make their weapons useless in their hands. Let them be as snails that dissolve into slime; and as those who die at birth, who never see the sun. God will sweep away both old and young. He will destroy them more quickly than a cooking pot can feel the blazing fire of thorns beneath it.

The godly shall rejoice in the triumph of right; they shall walk the blood stained-fields of slaughtered, wicked men. Then at last everyone will know that good is rewarded, and there is a God who judges justly here on earth.” (Psalms 58:1-11)

This Psalm is an expression of dissatisfaction with perversion of justice and corruption in national leadership. The Psalmist therefore raised an outcry and laid his complain to his God, the Ultimate Judge, for divine intervention.
As we read this Psalm again and again we note down the following truths:
#1. The indictment against the leaders (vs.1-2)
#2. The characteristic nature of corrupt leaders (vs. 3-5)
#3. The specific petition to God concerning the Leaders (vs. 6-cool
#4. The encouragements that are there for us (vs.9-11)

This Psalm presents a vivid picture of many of our secular and spiritual leaders in Nigeria and Africa at large. They are corrupt selfish, greedy wicked and ruthless. They never listen to advice and are never moved, either by appeal nor threat.

We need to join the Psalmist in sending out our petition to God, the Supreme and Ultimate Judge, for our situations. Therefore, pray that God will render corrupt leaders powerless, remove them from position and prevent people of perverse character from gaining access to power in our nations henceforth.

(Adopted from Daily Guide, Tue., Nov., 30, 2010)
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 01, 2010
I sincerely doubt God is that Malevolent these days smiley
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by Mudley313: 10:49am On Dec 01, 2010
voltron:

I sincerely doubt God is that Malevolent these days smiley

ya. the god of the old testament (like all other mythical figures written about in fairy tales and legends like zeus) has long since taken a permanent leave in visibly interfering in human affairs like in the mythical days of yore
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by Anayordike(m): 7:43pm On Dec 01, 2010
@Mudley313 For the fact the God did not respond to human issues as you expected Him does no imply that He's no longer the Judge of all mankind. He has set a day in which He's going to judge all mankind according to their works whether good or bad.

I also assumed you are neither a christian nor a believer in the Creator of all things, including yourself. Let me also tell you that because you do not believe does not in any way change nor invalidated the existence of God.

He may not be spiteful as you alleged; the reason is because He's not willing that any person should perish, but that all should come to repentance by accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.

You erred and not far from blaspheming when you put God Almighty in the same category with Zeus and other gods. You need to have a rethink and probably change your stand about the existence of God. Going by the way speak it's obvious you lack the true knowledge of the one true God. Do not make your conclusion about God until you are able to answer every question as to where you come from and certainly where you are going after here.

May God help you.
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by Anayordike(m): 7:55pm On Dec 01, 2010
@Voltron You have no business doubting. You cant know the power of God by doubting His power. He does His own things in His own times , ways and manners. Nobody is qualified to be His counselor because He knows all things and does all things to the glory of His name. Only believe and pray.

He rules in the kingdom of men and gives power to whom ever He wills.

He says in the Holy Bible that no wicked person will ever go unpunished.Because somebody did sinful things and he's not punished immediately does not mean he's free. ONLY TIME WILL TELL
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by manmustwac(m): 1:45am On Dec 02, 2010
Two hands working dose a lot more than a thousand clasped in prayer.
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by thehomer: 8:01am On Dec 02, 2010
@ OP

Have you said this prayer? If you have, when do you expect this purging to occur?
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by Mudley313: 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2010
Anayordike:

@Mudley313 For the fact the God did not respond to human issues as you expected Him does no imply that He's no longer the Judge of all mankind.
mehn, sharap there. the fact that your god did not respond or has never responded to human issues(apart from inside of the pages of books and minds of deluded folks like you)is simply cos he/she/it is a none existent entity. quit with all the childish excuses. high court judge ni, district court judge ko. will he be wearing one of those ridiculous wigs nigerian judges put on their head during your imaginary judgment day?

He has set a day in which He's going to judge all mankind according to their works whether good or bad.
and so has other numerous likewise imaginary deities and mythological figures that exist today and even way before the invention of your yahweh by ancient primitive jewish goat herders. and what is the set date for this, as you implied above, so i could catch it on court t.v?

I also assumed you are neither a christian nor a believer in the Creator of all things, including yourself. Let me also tell you that because you do not believe does not in any way change nor invalidated the existence of God.
and the fact that you BELIEVE doesn't validate nor make this your god spring into existence all of a sudden nor does it not make you any less delusional and silly for still believing in imaginary friends and fairy tales(supposing you're of adult age)

He may not be spiteful as you alleged; the reason is because He's not willing that any person should perish, but that all should come to repentance by accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
ok

[center][/center]

You erred and not far from blaspheming when you put God Almighty in the same category with Zeus and other gods. You need to have a rethink and probably change your stand about the existence of God. Going by the way speak it's obvious you lack the true knowledge of the one true God. Do not make your conclusion about God until you are able to answer every question as to where you come from and certainly where you are going after here.
blah, blah, blah

May God help you.
and may you seek the much needed medical attention/psychiatric help you so deserve
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by UyiIredia(m): 4:48pm On Dec 02, 2010
[center]A poem for Mr Mudley

Mudley Mudley,
2ce the dundy,
3ce the fundy,
such a hussy,
oh! so crazy

a puzzle // and a dazzle
who frizzles // and spittles
o'er hustles // and bustles
lacking sense // yes! he's dense

i look and i wonder,
over this guy a yonder,
who puts many asunder,
needlessly thinks God a bother

*a moment of silence as all inter the cadaver of idiocy Mudley embodies. Uyi proceeds to the give a short monody as Mudley's corpse is burnt on the funeral pyre of Wisdom.*

one must heed the fool, to gain wisdom
one must keep the calm, to be the balm
for the nemesis of fools is not their foolishness
it is their wanton disdain for all that is wise // all that  is life

C'est finis [/center]
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by UyiIredia(m): 4:50pm On Dec 02, 2010
manmustwac:

Two hands working dose a lot more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

true talk >>> but  God no talk say make person no work >>> as you dey work put prayer join >>> after all one's work could amount to nothing
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by UyiIredia(m): 5:23pm On Dec 02, 2010
[center][/center]
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by Mudley313: 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

[center]A poem for Mr Mudley

Mudley Mudley,
2ce the dundy,
3ce the fundy,
such a hussy,
oh! so crazy

a puzzle // and a dazzle
who frizzles // and spittles
o'er hustles // and bustles
lacking sense // yes! he's dense

i look and i wonder,
over this guy a yonder,
who puts many asunder,
needlessly thinks God a bother

*a moment of silence as all inter the cadaver of idiocy Mudley embodies. Uyi proceeds to the give a short monody as Mudley's corpse is burnt on the funeral pyre of Wisdom.*

one must heed the fool, to gain wisdom
one must keep the calm, to be the balm
for the nemesis of fools is not their foolishness
it is their wanton disdain for all that is wise // all that  is life

C'est finis [/center]

no homo @ you taking your time to compose a poem for me
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by UyiIredia(m): 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2010
SMH at this ox-head
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by Mudley313: 6:49pm On Dec 02, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

i am an ox-head and revel in stalking annonymous males online

okay
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by UyiIredia(m): 7:02pm On Dec 02, 2010
Mudley313:

i'm the S.I unit of stupidity

corrected
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by jesus3: 7:03pm On Dec 02, 2010
From my observation on Nl religion section few times i logged in, the number of folks mudley had fought or had negative exchanges with, should have completed one side of a football team if im not mistaking. i.e 11 These crossed across all sides(atheist,theist,deist,skeptics)

if i may ask why mr mudley?
is this how u really are in real world situation or just faking online?

dont take offence as i asked based on my observations about u
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by UyiIredia(m): 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2010
@ jesus >>> poster should have headlined the topic as above
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by JeSoul(f): 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2010
Mudley and Uyi, cut out the fighting or else.
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by UyiIredia(m): 7:25pm On Dec 02, 2010
gboju >>> as long as the guy continues with his antics >>> he will be at the end of my rod >>> i wonder why u mods even give him room to post nonsense >>> this topic goes to show >>> did you see Mudley's initial reaction
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 02, 2010
hi madam, hows familic? hope balls are rolling
To be candid Jesoul, mudley really need to grow out of these acts. not long ago i had to intervene in an online dispute between himself&rhino. Now its with another fellow uyi.
JeSoul:

Mudley and Uyi, cut out the fighting or else.
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by UyiIredia(m): 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2010
@ all posters (especially toba and mods) >>> i do in fact respect all posters on the religious section >>> not minding the occasional sarcasm and pun >>> which I do to pass across crucial points with the fewest of words

>>> Mudley, na different case >>> i first came across him in a topic (i can't recall) >>> which i knew would raise flak from people who are apt to jump into conclusions >>> i recall (though) writing that i would wait for the irreligious twerp that would show up >>> y'all do the math

>>> since then muchacho Mudley has continually shown himself to be worthy of my tirades *and awe at the same time because i suspect that in real life Mudley could be possibly be a nice guy.he kinda showed that here.* >>> he has stubbornly chosen to thread the path of the fool and i have singled him out as my scapegoat on Nairaland >>> however let everyone note that as far as i'm concerned  >>> WHAT HAPPENS ON NAIRALAND STAYS IN NAIRALAND

>>> the internet more than affords me plasticity and flexibility for me to 'discipline him' >>> for instance outside of Nairaland, the way one appraises me could be different >>> it could so happen that if the face behind Mudley and I have a real life 'run-in' Mudley could beat me hands-down >>> however as long as he keeps up with his Mudleyism or displays it on Nairaland >>> i will make mince meat out of him _rest assured
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by manmustwac(m): 7:50pm On Dec 02, 2010
^^and u think throwing insults is the way to make mince meat of him. If both of u keep fighting on the forum you'll both be banned.
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by UyiIredia(m): 7:54pm On Dec 02, 2010
grin SMH >>> i have not insulted him >>> i can assure you that if i had i would have been banned already >>> and as i have previously stated >>> i wonder why you mods let him run rabid
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by JeSoul(f): 8:11pm On Dec 02, 2010
Toba my dearest, I am fine jare. I have missed you here, hope everything is fine with you.

Uyi, Mudley has made his name as a trouble-maker here, we all know that. However you're also engaging in word-slinging and yes, insulting him too. Please carry on with the thread topic and stop the jabbing.

Mudley final warning to you. Stop gate-crashing threads like this one, if you want to vent about a God you don't believe exists, please open a new thread.
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by Jenwitemi(m): 8:13pm On Dec 02, 2010
Lol! cheesy What about those prayers, guys? Classic nairaland. The thread don go to hell already, before the first page is complete.
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by UyiIredia(m): 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Lol! cheesy What about those prayers, guys? Classic nairaland. The thread don go to hell already, before the first page is complete.

forget prayer ke ! >>> that is why i moved a motion >>> "A Motion To Expurge Irreligious Pests In Nairaland" >>> after all part of the problem with Nigeria is that we have insincere and petulant pests in our polity >>> mere charlatans who parade themselves as the panacea to the Nigerian question >>> abi no be so !!!   cheesy

>>> everything's still neat and tidy

@ Jesoul >>> i don hear word >>> no proflem  grin
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by Jenwitemi(m): 8:34pm On Dec 02, 2010
You will do the nation a much better service by saying prayers to help purge the nation of "religious pests", especially from our polity and our streets. What say you? Oya, go to work. grin
Uyi Iredia:

forget prayer ke ! >>> that is why i moved a motion >>> "A Motion To Expurge Irreligious Pests In Nairaland" >>> after all part of the problem with Nigeria is that we have insincere and petulant pests in our polity >>> mere charlatans who parade themselves as the panacea to the Nigerian question >>> abi no be so !!!   cheesy
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by Mudley313: 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2010
JeSoul:

Mudley final warning to you. Stop gate-crashing threads like this one, if you want to vent about a God you don't believe exists, please open a new thread.
uh huh? so, i'm i now being restricted to not posting in threads but only making threads of my own just because i don't believe in your god. this na real north korea o

your fellow christians (who actually start off with the derailment of the threads) have been ceaselessly throwing insultive jabs at me, stalking and trying to bait me into unecessary war of words but you guys never ever see that. i may come off a little abrasive but i always try to stick to the topic. i only fight back when overtly sensitive christians try to come at me christ-like with their usual lame personal insults (which are always somehow ignored by the mods). christians, i apologize if i do hurt your feelings but sorry i can't help ridiculing the ridiculous

a typical example from toba your dearest below who keeps begging to be made a mod like his life depended on it
toba:

mudley really need to grow out of these acts

i know i may probably be banned after this by the obviously biased mods of this forum who in the same vein will blatantly ignore Uyi's continous jabs towards me even after your warning while heeding to his request to get rid of me because i am not of the same religious faith as you guys. are mods even supposed to be picking sides?

no problemo sha
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by JeSoul(f): 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2010
Mudley, continue playing the victim card. Did anyone "jab" at you before you first attacked and insulted the OP (who remained cordial with you btw)? Is Manmustwac an atheist also biased too?

You're not the only atheist here - infact I don't even remember the last person MMW or myself warned besides you. Haba, do you enjoy all this attention? Obey the rules and no one will disturb you. Respect others and it will be reciprocated. And stop playing the victim card whenever you're chastized.
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by JeSoul(f): 9:27pm On Dec 02, 2010
Rhino please don't throw insults.
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by Rhino4dm: 10:41pm On Dec 02, 2010
Okay ma. But i can bet you the guy does not have decency in his dictionary. He cant write two wards without going vulgar. I think he is posses. At inception you will notice hoe tactically he used sparking off fights and lay low. Brewing anger with some weird and freaky cartoon of his ilk. Lets just cut off the head of the sneak for permanent prenvention of his bite and venom.
Re: Prayer To Purge The Land Of Corrupt Leaders by Mudley313: 11:55pm On Dec 02, 2010
okay moderator jesoul. let's bring back some decency and decorum back in here, but caution your pipole too. i have no malice against anyone here, it's just that the TRUTH can be sometimes bitter to swallow

Rhino.4dm:

Okay ma. But i can bet you the guy does not have decency in his dictionary. He cant write two wards words without going vulgar. I think he is posses possessed. At inception you will notice hoe how tactically he used sparking off fights and lay low. Brewing anger with some weird and freaky cartoon of his ilk. Lets just cut off the head of the sneak snake for permanent prenvention prevention of his bite and venom.
maybe if you learned how to spell properly i would accord you a little of the attention you so badly have been trying to seek from me like a scorned ex-girlfiend

oya, make una carry on with the original topic

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islamic State Again In France, This Time Failed ! / MaxInDHouse Of Jehovah's Witnesses Has Confessed That Jesus Is God / The Tragedy Of Stealing By Dr.d.k.olukoya. G.O. MFM Worldwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.