Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology (3258 Views)

REQUIREMENTS To Use 5G In Nigeria! / Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric / 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by Ejadike(m): 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
MTN Nigeria Plc announced that Nigeria has become the first country in West Africa to try 5G technology and applications.

It was the outcome of a collaboration between the Ministry of Communications Technology and Digital Economy, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), MTN and Huawei (Abuja), ZTE (Calabar) and Ericsson and TECNO (Lagos.)

In a statement made available to newsmen, MTN said it was honoured to host the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Pantami; the Chairman of Nigerian Communications Commission, Senator Olabiyi Durojaiye, and the Chairman, the Executive Vice-Chairman of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Prof. Garba Danbatta; House of Representatives, Committee on Communications, Honourable Akeem Adeyemi at the launch event, without whom the demo would not have been possible.

“This immersive demo and experience will travel across three Nigerian cities to showcase the capabilities of 5G and its potential to enable economic growth, and social inclusion”, the statement added.

The telecom giant explained that “by working together, MTN and its partner – Huawei – were able to provide a glimpse into a range of 5G use cases and applications at a test Lab designed to show proof-of-concept in Abuja. Standing alongside former Super Eagles captain, Joseph Yobo, attendees got to match their skills against an artificial-intelligence powered goalie; immerse themselves in a high-speed, low-latency virtual reality gaming world; experience ultra-high speed streaming and downloads on 5G devices; and engage in discourse with life-like holographic projections.

Lalasticlala
Honsule

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by bravesoul247(m): 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2019
Not news but worth knowing o. Its good Tecno is amongst phones that would be tested. Kudos to them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by psucc(m): 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hmm mmm i wonder how Glo will deal with data when they key in. I use glo's 242mb to create 2 gmail accounts and phuamm it is gone.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by nnaomaog(m): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
Wow...that's good innovation ...
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by Jaysolu(m): 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2019
Nonsense and ingredients
Is this not the same mtn some jobless people destroyed their offices and some social media warriors were ordering for it to be shut down
That same mtn now wants to give u 5g

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by James39: 10:24pm On Dec 26, 2019
I smell lies. Even the so called 4g is the regular 3.5g in some countries. Nigerians 5g will still be the 3.75g not even 4g self of some countries.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by dustmalik: 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2019
MTN only carried out 5G Trial/Demo. There is no plan for deployment yet. If you know how expensive it is to deploy 5G, then you would know that no Service provider in Nigeria is ready for it just yet.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by CANDYDADDY(m): 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2019
This is not a welcome development
In Nigeria we dont have unlimited downloads(data),no way 5g is meant for this region,well i trust glo,before 5g land into this country they would have tweak it codely to rhyme with 3g

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by iamapplord(m): 2:05am On Dec 27, 2019
Hmm...do you mean 4g demo??
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by iamapplord(m): 2:06am On Dec 27, 2019
James39:
I smell lies. Even the so called 4g is the regular 3.5g in some countries. Nigerians 5g will still be the 3.75g not even 4g self of some countries.

Lol!..which one is 3.75g??
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by Humphrizy(m): 5:44am On Dec 27, 2019
Cool
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by Olugbenga1234: 6:55am On Dec 27, 2019
Nigerian 5g = 4.1g
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by Coldie(m): 7:19am On Dec 27, 2019
psucc:
Hmm mmm i wonder how Glo will deal with data when they key in. I use glo's 242mb to create 2 gmail accounts and phuamm it is gone.
I swear. I once uses Glo 1gig and I did not download anything or open IG and in less than 24hours it was gone
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by drjprince: 8:34am On Dec 27, 2019
bravesoul247:
Not news but worth knowing o. Its good Tecno is amongst phones that would be tested. Kudos to them.
you use every opportunity you get to advertise this scrapno cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by James39: 8:58am On Dec 27, 2019
grin
iamapplord:

Lol!..which one is 3.75g??
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by abumeinben(m): 9:09am On Dec 27, 2019
Which country did you think would use it first before...?

The only countries ahead of Nigeria telecoms are .... South Africa, Egypt, maybe Kenya.
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by Goldyyy: 1:41pm On Dec 27, 2019
I can't wait

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by LegoxMetahuman: 4:16pm On Dec 27, 2019
you wont see 5g until atleast 2025 and at that time self, it will just be a one or two networks announcing it in some porshe area like lekki or banana island where it will stay for another 2-5 years. grin

5g is for countries with infrastructure and less mad people to support it. butter no be monkey food.

sad story but true... embarassed
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by Timileyin1234(m): 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2019
We are not ready for this. Thank you

Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by Mohbola(f): 10:16am On Dec 28, 2019
Good
Tecno is among.
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by drjprince: 11:06am On Dec 28, 2019
Mohbola:
Good
Tecno is among.
shatap

Scrapno ko
Tecno ni
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by ken6488(m): 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2019
grin Are you using glo 4g

If yes check my signature
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by Abiodunspectre(m): 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
Are we ready?
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by Abiodunspectre(m): 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
Mohbola:
Good
Tecno is among.

Can Tecno really pull it off?
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by drjprince: 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2019
Abiodunspectre:

tecno na scrap

They can pull nothing off but mediocrity
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by sukhothai: 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
Coldie:

I swear. I once uses Glo 1gig and I did not download anything or open IG and in less than 24hours it was gone
it's not glo...
At times someone is sharing your data without your knowledge
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by ken6488(m): 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2019
Coldie:

Check my signature for glo unlimited data wink
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2019
ken6488:
Check my signature for glo unlimited data wink
These are guys are theives dont send anything they are theives i repeat dy are theives
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by Ejadike(m): 11:48am On Dec 29, 2019
Abiodunspectre:

I think they can
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by Ejadike(m): 11:49am On Dec 29, 2019
abumeinben:
Which country did you think would use it first before...?

The only countries ahead of Nigeria telecoms are .... South Africa, Egypt, maybe Kenya.
na Kenya you de call maybe? They are ahead of us in there telco industry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by Blastedholligan: 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
A very great move
Re: Nigeria Becomes First West African Country To Use 5G Technology by Blastedholligan: 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ejadike:
MTN Nigeria Plc announced that Nigeria has become the first country in West Africa to try 5G technology and applications.

It was the outcome of a collaboration between the Ministry of Communications Technology and Digital Economy, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), MTN and Huawei (Abuja), ZTE (Calabar) and Ericsson and TECNO (Lagos.)

In a statement made available to newsmen, MTN said it was honoured to host the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Pantami; the Chairman of Nigerian Communications Commission, Senator Olabiyi Durojaiye, and the Chairman, the Executive Vice-Chairman of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Prof. Garba Danbatta; House of Representatives, Committee on Communications, Honourable Akeem Adeyemi at the launch event, without whom the demo would not have been possible.

“This immersive demo and experience will travel across three Nigerian cities to showcase the capabilities of 5G and its potential to enable economic growth, and social inclusion”, the statement added.

The telecom giant explained that “by working together, MTN and its partner – Huawei – were able to provide a glimpse into a range of 5G use cases and applications at a test Lab designed to show proof-of-concept in Abuja. Standing alongside former Super Eagles captain, Joseph Yobo, attendees got to match their skills against an artificial-intelligence powered goalie; immerse themselves in a high-speed, low-latency virtual reality gaming world; experience ultra-high speed streaming and downloads on 5G devices; and engage in discourse with life-like holographic projections.

Lalasticlala
Honsule
kudos to Tecno for being amongst the partnered devices

(1) (2) (Reply)

E-naira.. Things You Need To Know About The New Nigeria Digital Currency / Pls Help My Glo Bis On My Infinix Is Too Slow / Samsung S8 Out Guess Nigeria Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.