Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan (1561 Views)

Kano APC In Disarray, Kwankwasiya Movment To Support Jonathan / Support Jonathan, PDP Begs Obasanjo / Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by malubrain: 4:12am On Dec 01, 2010
Northerners kill Abiola, kill Onagoruwa, Adisa and poison gani with cancer. Northerners seized our presidential turn and give to obasanjo just to punish yoruba. why should we yoruba support hausa one more time?. if you are yoruba trying na vote for northerner shame on you. Asiwaju will go to hell for joining Buhari. I respect him because we share the same faith but he dissapoint me with that Buhari politics.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by koruji(m): 4:22am On Dec 01, 2010
Obviously, you have malu-brain as you proclaim, but it gets worse. Your brain is infected with BSE - that is the only reason for the kind of vomit coming from your fingers in your 6 or so few posts.

Although, you are a worthless jackass you might still be able to save yourself before it is too late. Here is some info to help you in this sorry emergency otherwise you will soon be culled  cheesy

Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE; Mad Cow Disease): You might have heard news reports about mad cow disease and wondered: What the heck is that? Mad cow disease is an illness also known as bovine spongiform encephalopathy (say: bo-vine spun-jih-form en-seh-fah-la-puh-thee), or BSE for short.

It's called mad cow disease because it affects a cow's nervous system, causing a cow to act strangely and lose control of its ability to do normal things, such as walk. An infected cow would act "mad," which sometimes means mentally ill.

A cow with BSE develops these problems because it has developed an infection. This infection causes its brain to waste away and become spongy. Researchers are not completely sure how cows get this kind of infection, but they believe it comes from certain kinds of food given to cows. Some of this food contains the remains of dead cows that had the infection. These remains, especially the brains and spinal cords, may contain BSE.

Because BSE was a problem in the United Kingdom, the United States enacted rules to prevent live cows and some cow products from entering this country. The United States has had two cases of BSE in cows — one in 2003 and one in 2005. In both cases, the government took steps so that people wouldn't buy and eat the meat.

malu-brain:

Northerners kill Abiola, kill Onagoruwa, Adisa and poison gani with cancer. Northerners seized our presidential turn and give to obasanjo just to punish yoruba. why should we yoruba support hausa one more time?. if you are yoruba trying na vote for northerner shame on you. Asiwaju will go to hell for joining Buhari. I respect him because we share the same faith but he dissapoint me with that Buhari politics.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by malubrain: 4:37am On Dec 01, 2010
koruji:

Obviously, you have malu-brain as you proclaim, but it gets worse. Your brain is infected with BSE - that is the only reason for the kind of vomit coming from your fingers in your 6 or so few posts.

Although, you are a worthless jackass you might still be able to save yourself before it is too late. Here is some info to help you in this sorry emergency otherwise you will soon be culled  cheesy

omo alata
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by DapoBear(m): 6:52am On Dec 01, 2010
I have no problem supporting Jonathan or any other candidate. But what will be in it for us? Sentiment is not enough.

Anyone suggesting Yoruba should vote for Jonathan "just because" or because of "Hausa this-that" is fooling themselves. Nothing valuable comes for free. If he believes that he needs SW votes to come to power, then there will be a price to pay. I'm not interested in giving away my vote without using it to maximize our interests.

Buhari, Jonathan, Atiku, all the same to me. Whoever offers the best deal wins my support.

With that said, I certainly find Jonathan the most appealing on a personal level out of the above three guys. But again, sentiment cannot be what I use to decide who to support.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by stranger: 8:37am On Dec 01, 2010
^^^
This is not a serious thread
You need to be able to differentiate serious from non-serious threads

So that you dont waste your time and energy replying to dimwits like the OP

The poster is on drugs!
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by NnamdiN: 8:59am On Dec 01, 2010
stranger:

^^^
This is not a serious thread
You need to be able to differentiate serious from non-serious threads

So that you dont waste your time and energy replying to dimwits like the OP

The poster is on drugs!
I woulda blown ya a kiss, but we gat da same fin in btw our legs. A high five instead. cool
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 01, 2010
Cow brain ? No comment,please.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by oludashmi(f): 11:05am On Dec 01, 2010
by their names, you shall know them
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by bones1(m): 11:16am On Dec 01, 2010
Right now, in my humble view, Jonathan is the candidate to beat.

I have not heard of or seen any other candidate who offers a realistic hope of effecting a change or changes in the way this country has being governed for the past 50 years.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by malubrain: 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Cow brain ? No comment,please.
peniis brain, no comment please.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2010
Ox brained post
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by Dede1(m): 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2010
@OP

It is either you have a “malu” brain as your handle name suggested or you ridiculously immune to Nigerian history. In my book, Yoruba are the same people as northerners.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 01, 2010
Dede1:

@OP

It is either you have a “malu” brain as your handle name suggested or you ridiculously immune to Nigerian history. In my book, Yoruba are the same people as northerners.
How are they related ?
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by Dede1(m): 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

How are they related ?

They are related in more ways than one.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by jason12345: 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2010
Dede1:

They are related in more ways than one.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by malubrain: 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2010
Dede1:

@OP

It is either you have a “malu” brain as your handle name suggested or you ridiculously immune to Nigerian history. I[b]n my book, Yoruba are the same people as northerners. [/b]

How.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by DapoBear(m): 3:49pm On Dec 01, 2010
Dede1 is a revisionist Biafran historian. Most of his posts can be understood in that light. From his perspective, Yoruba/Hausa/Fulani are mostly the same.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by malubrain: 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2010
DapoBear:

Dede1 is a revisionist Biafran historian. Most of his posts can be understood in that light. From his perspective, Yoruba/Hausa/Fulani are mostly the same.

Shut up, Yoruba and Fulani have nothing in common.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by Dede1(m): 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2010
DapoBear:

You could have scored unquantifiable political points if you had purged yourself of the symptoms of revisionist Biafran historian. I am a leaving eye witness to the Yoruba/Hausa/Fulani/Tiv/Ijo/Edo/Urhobo/Itsekiri/Kauri/Nupe/Bachama/Esan/Idoma/Gwari etc episode with Biafrans. Since such well thought-out unification, I have never regarded these people anything other than northerners.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by Akanbiedu(m): 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2010
DapoBear:

Dede1 is a revisionist Biafran historian. Most of his posts can be understood in that light. FROM HIS PERSPECTIVE, Yoruba/Hausa/Fulani are mostly the same.

malu-brain:

Shut up, Yoruba and Fulani have nothing in common.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by DapoBear(m): 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2010
Dede1:

You could have scored unquantifiable political points if you had purged yourself of the symptoms of revisionist Biafran historian. I am a leaving eye witness to the Yoruba/Hausa/Fulani/Tiv/Ijo/Edo/Urhobo/Itsekiri/Kauri/Nupe/Bachama/Esan/Idoma/Gwari etc episode with Biafrans. Since such well thought-out unification, I have never regarded these people anything other than northerners.   

I purchased and read a good historical account over the weekend (The Nigerian Civil War by John De St. Jorre) and noticed many discrepancies between the official Biafran propoganda (e.g., 3 million dead, starvation policy, etc) and what the author actually documented. In the book, he actually goes through and debunks many of the stories Biafra cooked up, in collaboration with the PR agency Biafra hired from New York.

You can continue to believe whatever you lies you like, my mind is at peace now that I know the truth about that war.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by jason12345: 4:36pm On Dec 01, 2010
Dede1:

You could have scored unquantifiable political points if you had purged yourself of the symptoms of revisionist Biafran historian. I am a leaving eye witness to the Yoruba/Hausa/Fulani[s]/Tiv/Ijo/Edo/Urhobo/Itsekiri/Kauri/Nupe/Bachama/Esan/Idoma/Gwari[/s] etc episode with Biafrans. Since such well thought-out unification, I have never regarded these people anything other than northerners.

abegi, stop rewriting history jor!!!!! do you think people would would just look at you when you steal territories, invade their land and commit atrocities to their people(during the invasion) and leaders(coup)?! so shut up! people know their history. i would not even blame the northerns although, they took it abit too far.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by 1025: 5:26pm On Dec 01, 2010

@malu-brain,
u are a very creative person and one thing that confirmed that is when u said that the northerners gave obasanjo to punish yoruba. pls add or understand that you are a more punishment to the yorubas and to nigeria as a whole.
if voting jonathan by force?
there is power in names. as long as you remain malu brain, there is no way you can act like those with human brain.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by malubrain: 5:29pm On Dec 01, 2010
1025:

@malu-brain,
u are a very creative person and one thing that confirmed that is when u said that the northerners gave obasanjo to punish yoruba. pls add or understand that you are a more punishment to the yorubas and to nigeria as a whole.
if voting jonathan by force?
there is power in names. as long as you remain malu brain, there is no way you can act like those with human brain.

another Fulani hooligan on rampage. You think I dont know that Fulani poisoned Gani with cancer?
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by DapoBear(m): 5:45pm On Dec 01, 2010
@jason12345: He is correct in that those groups did participate on the Nigerian side against Biafra (though the core North and Middle Belt was a majority of the army.)

But this is not the whole story itself. I highly recommend buying that book or some other neutral account of the war. Or getting it from your library. Part of me believed that Nigeria did starve Biafra. I also used to believe it was an Igbo plot. Even the march into the Midwest was basically a high-risk, high-reward gamble by a desperate Ojukwu. It wasn't necessarily malevolence or evil by the Biafran leadership, it was mostly just simple incompetence.

Anyway, read the book (or some other neutral account.) I wish it were freely available online so everyone could have a copy and know the history undecided
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by jason12345: 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2010
DapoBear:

@jason12345: He is correct in that those groups did participate on the Nigerian side against Biafra (though the core North and Middle Belt was a majority of the army.)

But this is not the whole story itself. I highly recommend buying that book or some other neutral account of the war. Or getting it from your library. Part of me believed that Nigeria did starve Biafra. I also used to believe it was an Igbo plot. Even the march into the Midwest was basically a high-risk, high-reward gamble by a desperate Ojukwu. It wasn't necessarily malevolence or evil by the Biafran leadership, it was mostly just simple incompetence.

Anyway, read the book (or some other neutral account.) I wish it were freely available online so everyone could have a copy and know the history undecided

thank you.

i have actually been doing some private research about it that was why i have not been online as frequent as i was before.
i know it was not an igbo coup and all, i also know that starvation was used as a weapon of war by NIGERIANS not awo because it was a landlocked country. it would have succeeded against all odds if not for the minority groups that backed out during the war.
but in nigeria's point of view, it was thought of as a "land selling scheme" coupled with the killing of the leaders by gen.kaduna and how igbos were all over the country, it was also perceived as a domination agenda. that was one of the reasons the ijaws pulled out. moreover, ojukwu was a bit arrogant and naive. he made some obvious strategic errors. but tbh, nigeria should not have gone as far as killing igbos in the north since it was just one man that did the killing undecided.

about the 3 million died thing, i do not believe it! imagine killing 3 million ants in a nest, would the civilisation f the ants still survive?? it is all a ploy to disrepute nigeria. even ojukwu and his pr office admitted it on one of the youtube videos i watched (although, he might have done that t be the president of nigeria 1999 undecided)

anyway, i seriously don't think nigeria should have gone to war. especially if the north could hold their youths. it was a sad event in Her history but we are a new generation and we have to move on.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by T9ksy(m): 7:00pm On Dec 01, 2010
Quote from: DapoBear on Today at 05:45:19 PM
He is correct in that those groups did participate on the Nigerian side against Biafra (though the core North and Middle Belt was a majority of the army.)

@DB, No he's not factual. Those groups you referred to were unambigious about the neutrality to the war, however they had no choice but to join the national side when Biafra and Ojukwu invaded their homeland. The war was basically between the igbos and the north.

Part of me believed that Nigeria did starve Biafra.
Yes, nigeria did and am sure Ojukwu was aware of that possibility when he insist against all pleas to go to war. Am sure, had the pendulum swung the other way, Ojukwu would not have entertained any compulsion about using the same strategy on the rest of the country. Even half way thru the war when hispeople were dropping dead from starvation, Ojukwu still persist with the war using the plight of his pople as a PR tool to garner more arms from sympathetic nations.

I also used to believe it was an Igbo plot
Abegi , don't even go there, jo. It was an igbo coup, pure and simple. However way you slice it, the coup was meant to produce an igbo leader (be it civilian or military) and IT DID!!!

Even the march into the Midwest was basically a high-risk, high-reward gamble by a desperate Ojukwu. It wasn't necessarily malevolence or evil by the Biafran leadership, it was mostly just simple incompetence.

Yeah, I suppose it wasn't a wicked act by Ojukwu especially when he foisted a midwest-igbo man as their new administrator who is directly answerable to him (Ojukwu), only. Little wonder then why the midwest people had to run into the  bush to conduct guerilla warfare on the biafran troops who had forcibly occupied their homeland. This was the raison d'être behind the yorubas joining the federal side-its either that or be occupied by Ojukwu's "liberation" army.

The war was simply a battle for supremacy between the north and the east. Un/fortunately, the east lost.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by Dede1(m): 12:21am On Dec 02, 2010
DapoBear:

You seem to have your social order intact. Nairaland is fast losing its intellectual touch.

I have concluded the problems afflicting Nigeria are inherently induced. The civil war in the former British colony was between the two republics-Nigeria and Biafra. It is either academic exercise in futility or utter display of intellectual dishonesty when some peeps try to invoke element of neutrality during the civil war.

Apparently common sense is longer common. If not, what could have induced any person who pinched tent with northerners during the civil war attempt to invoke the silliness of neutral entity? The governments of northern, western and mid-western regions including the military administrator of Lagos represented Republic of Nigeria while the government of eastern region represented Republic of Biafra. It must be recalled that Nigeria, led by northerners as well as their compatriots who now claim south, declared war on Biafra. When Gowon sat in Lagos issuing orders that requested Adekunle to move Lagos Garrison Organization to Escravos in Mid-western region in preparation for amphibious attack on Biafra, one wonders what happened to these ridiculous voices of neutrality. 

It is beyond the pale of comprehension why these northerners who claim south attempt to claim neutrality about civil war.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by DapoBear(m): 12:26am On Dec 02, 2010
You seem to have misread. By "neutrality", I meant a source neither Nigerian or Biafran. There were many eyes which saw the war who did not belong to either group, and thus might be considered neutral. Including the author of the book I mentioned.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by Dede1(m): 12:56am On Dec 02, 2010
DapoBear:

You seem to have misread. By "neutrality", I meant a source neither Nigerian or Biafran. There were many eyes which saw the war who did not belong to either group, and thus might be considered neutral. Including the author of the book I mentioned.

You are right that many eyes saw the war. In my eyes there was no neutral entity during war. Even few sons of Igbo, Ibibio, Annang and Ogoni pinched tent with Nigeria. Anybody who claimed neutrality during the Nigeria/Biafra civil war is completely delusional. The fool who claimed neither Nigerian or Biafran must be a Cameroonian according to you.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by DapoBear(m): 1:00am On Dec 02, 2010
^-- The british journalist too was on the Nigerian side? Is this true of any event? All observers, even 3rd parties must be biased in favor of one party or another? Even if they extensively document and research their positions with quotes, first-hand reports, analysis of audio tapes, etc?

Surely you see that such a worldview is pure paranoia. Insanity, even.
Re: Why Yoruba Must Support Jonathan by AloyEmeka8: 4:29am On Dec 02, 2010
malu-brain:

another Fulani hooligan on rampage. You think I dont know that Fulani poisoned Gani with cancer?

Real malu indeed. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: / Military Coup In Nigeria / Oil Subsidy Is Fiction: By Prof. Tam David-west (its Import U Read Dis Interview)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.