Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, (4117 Views)

Benue Government Collects Generators Tax To ‘maintain Ozone Layer’ / FG To Increase VAT To 10% / FG To Increase VAT From 5% To 10% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by papas: 6:25pm On Dec 01, 2010
Visionaries are proposing to tackle issues that are the real curses to Nigeria's economic growth (epileptic electricity, ridiculous national assembly pay, rampant corruption), Atiku on the other hand sees the boon of Nigeria and proposes to attack it. Na wa for this country.

Is the 10% tax to attract new businesses? What prudent coorporation will want to do business in a climate where it has to contend with epileptic electricity, a lack of good roads, rampant corruption, and ever worsening restiveness across the country. These are the challenges to doing business in Nigeria and not the current tax rate.

How on earth will a decrease in corporation tax rate translate into job creation when the appropriate climate to do business just doesn't exist in the first place! Even if the climate exists, what warrants the current crop of multinational companies to reinvest the savings they realize into business expansions to create jobs, boost growth of the economy - instead of just repatriating their profits overseas? China for instance ensures that multinational/non-indigenous companies establish a long-term base and expand in their country, instead of just repatriating their profits overseas.

The coorporate tax rate Nigeria employs is not the problem. Any leader that means well for Nigeria, would be looking at tackling the epileptic power supply, corruption, electoral reforms, excessive pay for members of the NAss., and other real impediments to Nigeria's economic growth.
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by Solozzo(m): 6:41pm On Dec 01, 2010
Basically infrastructure like electricity, good roads, water supply , as well as safety andreduction in crime and corruption are the ingredients for economies like Nigeria to grow  A high company income tax in a country lacking these factors may be discouraging to would be investors, this one way of reducing the cost of doing business for the companies as well. A low income tax can make companies tolerate the difficulties associated with doing business in Nigeria. That is the background of Atiku's plans.    Atiku as a matter of urgency needs to articulate a rapid programme for establishing energy generation and distribution as well as transport infrastructure which he rightly mentioned in his speech/  I think he has a good strategy that needs further development with a crack team that he needs to put together Corruption is another major battle he needs to fight as well because it is one of the main reason why the infrastructural facilities are not working.  Apart from corruption it is hard to understand why electricity generation good roads and crme control is such a big problem in Nigeria. Perhaps we need western supports, supervision in these things; He needs to reform the indigenisation policy that has held us back over the decades.

I guess the key issue is that he needs to come out with workable efficient infrastructural reform plan as well economic reforms then we can begin to take him seriously. No one can be sure of his willingness, seriousness of purpose or how much reformation he has made of himself in terms of eschewing corruption But as we know a leopard cannot change its spots.
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by jmoore(m): 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2010
Atiku way of trying to gain favour, he can't deliver
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by knice(m): 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2010

“For a start, I understand the importance of critical skills in economic management. As vice-president, I helped to assemble what has remained Nigeria’s best economic team ever.

[size=28pt]

I Repeat to all!! Goodluck don't have any marshalled plan for this country. He is acting and spending on impulse. If I was given 1000 votes. Atiku gets all. NO APOLOGY.
[/size]
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by egift(m): 8:09pm On Dec 01, 2010
[size=18pt]If JEGA have wrote this on Facebook - come and see
[/size]
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by jmoore(m): 8:12pm On Dec 01, 2010
I Repeat to all!! Goodluck don't have any marshalled plan for this country. He is acting and spending on impulse. If I was given 1000 votes. Atiku gets all. NO APOLOGY.

one man one vote! you want to rig election?
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by benimeogu(f): 10:40pm On Dec 01, 2010
Yes
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by silami(m): 10:54pm On Dec 01, 2010
benimeogu:

Atiku promises to reduce company tax because he is representing the interest of corporate organisations and corrupt politicians. He is not interested in the welfare of poor and middle class Nigerians.He has no agenda for the poor,the students and the middle class. His is running to give more money to the rich and less money to the poor. He is against the recent increase of 10 years ban on used cars because he and his group does not want middle class Nigerians to own a means transportation.
P[b]resident Goodluck is the only person who knows what it means to be a student in Nigeria, he know what it means to be a civil servant in Nigeria, he know what it means to be poor because he came from a poor background. Please let us give him a chance to change the life of an ordinary Nigerian. Atiku and Babagida have no know of what it means to be a poor Nigerian. They are born with Golden spoon and have been in government stealing all their life.[/b]

Your types are just not qualified to post anything here. I f i understand you amongst !50 million Nigerians GEJ is the only qualified person to rule this country? nonsense! Have you read the background of Atiku? if coming from the poor background qualifies one to be a good leader, Atiku would have been more than qualified not GEJ. I guess you dont even know what you re talking about, so no need to ask further questions because that will only confuse you the more.
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by gonzaga: 3:36am On Dec 02, 2010
THE ONLY REASON WHY I AM HAPPY IS THE FACT THAT FOR ONCE, ATIKU HAS KEPT ZONNING ASIDE TO DISCUSS SOME REAL ISSUES. I PRAY HE CONTINUES WITH ISSUE BASED POLITICS. I WAS ALMOST THINKING IT WAS ONLY ZONNING HE WAS COMING TO OFFER US. cheesy
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by Becomrich11: 4:05am On Dec 02, 2010
the reason , you want to tell the business, they are going to pay 30% is to force them to expansion of thier business as option they pick , instead of them paying 30%,

30% is Ok for an economy like Nigeria. The reason why you need to make it 30% in nigeria , is because you want to force companies to expand. So you give them three option. This way , when business see that they have to pay 30% to taxes, they would decide to pick with the option to expand or charity

three option are

1. pay 30% taxes
2. Pay part to charity
3. use it for expansion of your business.

Either you pay 30% taxes or you use part( 40%) of your taxes to expand.

If the taxes are too low business would have no need to expand.

Good government around the world have created this system to make the economy to grow. If not you would have a standstill economy for a long time.

Another reason why if I was president, the taxes would be this high is because of employment of the youth of Nigeria. Without expansion, there is no new employment. What it mean is the unemployment figures are going to increase each month. amd many companies would close down.

Look even while Dangote or Otedola or Mike Adenuga may not like my idea. But over all it is good for thier business. This way their business over a 10 years period would have growth rate of over 300%

What it means let say Dangote or Adenuga made 100 million this years. And adenuga is suppose to give back 30 million as taxes, I give adenuga the option to use his 30 million to expand his business. or to put it in a charity.

So what adenuga would have had if he pays his taxes would have 70 million. while 30 % he paid to taxes.
But now Adenuga I have made Adenuga to keep 85 million while he pays only 15%. He uses the 15 million extra to expand his business for the years 2011. While he create employment for youth. But Adenuga can also decide he want to pay the whole 30% too, if he want.

How what it means is adenuga business as increase by 15% in value over a space of 10 years.

Atiku/Soludo taxes would not work for a modern day economy like this.

This is the taxes system I would put in place, if I was president of Nigeria. You give business the option to decided what they want thier taxes to be uses for.

The reason why you also want to give Adenuga or dangote the option of putting it in a charity is because government can not carry the burden of development of the society allow. Go to ijebu igbo Adenuga town, there is nothing there. It is shame to Adenuga if he decided to invite his friend from abroad to see the place. But if he had that option of been able to determine, where his taxes money are spend. He would not complain about the system, because he can use his taxes by himself to make that change. samething goes for Dangote.

That is if I was president.
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by benimeogu(f): 4:59am On Dec 02, 2010
Your types
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by Nsiman(m): 9:32am On Dec 02, 2010
Atiku after reducing company tax will have the opportunity to steal more money, then complain of economic recession. Just imagine Atiku btwen 2004-2008 stole $6 billion to U. S alone, do u knw if he stole to Dubai?
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by anonimi: 9:57am On Dec 02, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by bababuff(m): 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2010
Atiku don start to dey boast again o! undecided
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by eewule(m): 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2010
I doubt that he and his team of northern-consensus-criminals intend to actualise any of the thing he has said. This is likely a well planned strategy to become the elected candidate in 2011. , Atiku is very desperate indeed.  He is using the tactic:  'Let the dog smell the bone and he will make you master'
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by OmoTier1(m): 3:26pm On Dec 02, 2010
People of talk of Soudo's credentials and his so caled achievements as CBN gov. makes me LOL! They all forget that Soludo had a free spending spree regime as CBN gov. yet He messed up the economy big time! In fact if the rating agencies had access to the data they now have way back then, they would have concluded tht Nigeria can not be rated!

Knowing what I know now about the stinky rots in the Banking sector courtesy of Soludo VERY POOR risk management skills/approach, I fear the worst if this same individual ever end up being Nigeria's VP.

As for Atiku 10% CIT, again He is just another nutter who reels out whatever people like Soludo writes on a piece of paper as economic policy even if it was just a crip-sheet scribbles!

All the reports published to date on why companies are not doing well in Nigeria has never mentioned or recommended the need to reduce CIT. Moreso, the numbers desn't add up! From 30% to 10%, that is abit mind troubling! Worst, He failed to tell us how the 20% would be repaid. And this was same man who was VP for 8years during the oil boom, yet very few Nigerians felt the impact of they govt. he was part of. All He did was busy himself with looting of public funds and indulging (as was reported in some newsprints) in homosexuality!
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by knice(m): 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2010
[size=28pt]Massive looting of Public funds is taking place now that Goodluck is still president.Our Coffers is empty, notwithstanding increase in Oil price. The National assembly,House of rep,parastatals, NNPC,Governors to mention but a few are looting now in their best interest b/c they don't know who will come up in 2011. They have made him friends and  are campaigning strongly for him. Ask our incompetent and lootless lawmakers who they will vote for? GEJ is the ans b/c they want to continue their 25.4% of Nigerian funds. The reason b/c we have a weak president who doesn't command anyone's respect. Look at his best friends who are criminals- Daniel [GEJ campaign chairman],Uduaghan, Ala Okala etc.He is protecting his interest, posturing to Nigerians as anointing & watch helplessly. There should be a paradigm shift now.[/size]
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by safariman(m): 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2010
In a reasonable and functioning country, lower tax rate attracts investment and private sector jobs. In the US, you have a high tax rate, highly compensated employees, unionized work force, which makes corporate profit low. Therefore, some of the corporation have gotten smart by moving their manufacturing off shore and IT to India etc
Nigeria needs infrastructure first and then you'll see development
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by seanet02: 6:38pm On Dec 02, 2010
This Atiku sef
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by Yorubah(m): 7:28am On Dec 03, 2010
Only fools will believe him, why hasn't he done that during his administration with his oga baba Iyabo. Thank God youths have known whats up going around the world now and cant fool us any more. Idiot
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by lordvamon(m): 10:43am On Dec 03, 2010
its not all about blowing up ur mouth.wot did he do when he was deputy.he wants to come back and use una money to pay his american lecturers 1mdollar grin grin grin grin grin angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by ADint(m): 6:31pm On Dec 04, 2010
For real?!

Before you pay corporation tax you have to have made a profit! If majority of companies in Nigeria, both small, medium and large are barely keeping afloat, what good is a reduction in corporation tax from 30% to 10% to these companies with virtually non-existent profits??
Re: Atiku Promises To Reduce Company Income Tax To 10%, by tlops(m): 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2010
haha i have never heard anything about taxation as part of political manifesto in Nigeria, good on. But why reduce it? it will not necessarily attract investor unless the overhead (electricity, infrastructures etc) is reduced also,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Refinery Targets 3,000 Barrels Of Oil Per Day, Plans Gas Plant- Thisday / Life History Of Baba Lamidi Adedibu / Femi Gbajabiamila: Gas Holds Key Potential For Nigeria's Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.