Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co (1189 Views)

Presidential Inauguration Interdenominational Service (video) / Bishop Nwachukwu Convokes Interdenominational Convention To Clear Nigeria Of Ido / Lagos State Special Interdenominational Independence Anniversary Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by charlione(m): 10:10am On Dec 27, 2019
We all know that the Catholic Church has the best choirs especially as they sing with SATB arrangement which most other denominations don't use.
In the first Hon. Ossy Prestige Interdenominational Choir competition held at Wesley Methodist Cathedral Park Road, Aba on December 21, 2019, the host choir emerged victorious. This sparked outrage especially among the Catholic choir, (St John Bosco Choir) which emerged 2nd and the Cherubim and Seraphim choir which emerged 3rd. The general consensus was that the host choir should have finished 4th or 5th due to a plethora of errors observed in their rendition which include but not limited to off-key singing by it's sopranos and 'dancing' conducting but it's choirmaster.

At the end it was obvious to all that the organizers wanted the host choir to emerge victorious which does not bode well for future competition.

Below is the video of the Catholic choir which should have emerged as the overall best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV_r0ia5_Qo.
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by khia: 10:20am On Dec 27, 2019
charlione:
We all know that the Catholic Church has the best choirs especially as they sing with SATB arrangement which most other denominations don't use.
In the first Hon. Ossy Prestige Interdenominational Choir competition held at Wesley Methodist Cathedral Park Road, Aba on December 21, 2019, the host choir emerged victorious. This sparked outrage especially among the Catholic choir, (St John Bosco Choir) which emerged 2nd and the Cherubim and Seraphim choir which emerged 3rd. The general consensus was that the host choir should have finished 4th or 5th due to a plethora of errors observed in their rendition which include but not limited to off-key singing by it's sopranos and 'dancing' conducting but it's choirmaster.

At the end it was obvious to all that the organizers wanted the host choir to emerge victorious which does not bode well for future competition.

Below is the video of the Catholic choir which should have emerged as the overall best:

They sound horrible, to damn white. They needed some Gospel singers in that competition, with vocalist singing from their souls not that opera crap.
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by Enwhen(m): 10:33am On Dec 27, 2019
charlione:

Were they singing to win souls or they were singing for first position ... How many competition were held in the days of old in the Bible

What are u people turning Christianity to ??...HELL FIRE FOR ALL OF UNA, ABACHA DEY WAIT UNA THEIR
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by donbachi(m): 10:38am On Dec 27, 2019
Dem don rig am....CAN should come and declare it inconclusive.
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by charlione(m): 10:48am On Dec 27, 2019
khia:

They sound horrible, to damn white. They needed some Gospel singers in that competition, with vocalist singing from their souls not that opera crap.
Note that Pentecostal choirs were inclusive
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by charlione(m): 10:49am On Dec 27, 2019
Enwhen:

Were they singing to win souls or they were singing for first position ... How many competition were held in the days of old in the Bible

What are u people turning Christianity to ??...HELL FIRE FOR ALL OF UNA, ABACHA DEY WAIT UNA THEIR

Oh please! It was a festival of praise. The competition was also fun
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by charlione(m): 10:50am On Dec 27, 2019
donbachi:
Dem don rig am....CAN should come and declare it inconclusive.

Lol!
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by khia: 10:51am On Dec 27, 2019
charlione:

Note that Pentecostal choirs were inclusive

Only Black Baptist Gospel will do. smiley
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by charlione(m): 11:12am On Dec 27, 2019
khia:

Well the 'soul' singers won't stand a chance against the orthodox church choirs. They cannot interpret a music script to start with. grin
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by Oluwahelpme(m): 11:28am On Dec 27, 2019
khia:

Hey Khia. Where have you been? Merry Christmas to you dear.
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by Enwhen(m): 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2019
charlione:

Oh please! It was a festival of praise. The competition was also fun

Festival of praise ?? Why are u now talking about first position... You should be talking about lives won for Christ from the praise
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by charlione(m): 2:41pm On Dec 27, 2019
Enwhen:

Festival of praise ?? Why are u now talking about first position... You should be talking about lives won for Christ from the praise

Who told you that the act of winning souls has to be boring? The audience were thrilled with the experience and some of them may have been converted as a result. Winning souls doesn't have to be all serious like the Pharisees of old.
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by Enwhen(m): 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2019
charlione:

Who told you that the act of winning souls has to be boring? The audience were thrilled with the experience and some of them may have been converted as a result. Winning souls doesn't have to be all serious like the Pharisees of old.

U are confused

Simple question , Na make una dey fail any how in school... That you should tell how their angelic voices trickled the fancy of the congregation and many were draw closer to God and were meant to know God more , you are spilling rubbish Boring and Pharisees of old in 2019... I agree with u Na una Cary first... Na wetin u want... Don't Cary last to heaven o.
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by khia: 2:52am On Dec 28, 2019
charlione:

Well the 'soul' singers won't stand a chance against the orthodox church choirs. They cannot interpret a music script to start with. grin

That's exactly what I mean about real soul singing. Singing and praising Yah is not about interpreting a music script it's about singing from the heart and soul, letting your spirit be moved by the Most High.

Singing with the love of Yah in your heart. All praises be to Yah.

There wasn't any joy in their voices. Where was their fun and joy? They were freaking boring, they can't move a crowd singing that opera crap. Catholic music is so boring and crypted, like tales from the crypt. Their music always remind me of a satanic scary movie. grin
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by khia: 6:13am On Dec 28, 2019
Oluwahelpme:
Hey Khia. Where have you been? Merry Christmas to you dear.
I have been around getting some members upset. grin grin I don't celebrate Christmas but if you do I hope you enjoyed yourself.
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by charlione(m): 6:05am On Dec 29, 2019
khia:
[/b]

That's exactly what I mean about real soul singing. Singing and praising Yah is not about interpreting a music script it's about singing from the heart and soul, letting your spirit be moved by the Most High.

Singing with the love of Yah in your heart. All praises be to Yah.

There wasn't any joy in their voices. Where was their fun and joy? They were freaking boring, they can't move a crowd singing that opera crap. Catholic music is so boring and crypted, like tales from the crypt. Their music always remind me of a satanic scary movie. grin

Lol. Well it wasn't a 'sing what you like' kind of contest. We were given a script and everyone got the exact same script so it wasn't a Catholic choir thing. Note: they did move the crowd and it was heavenly. Seems you are one of those who have this my church is better and yours attitude. It is unfortunate we have to deal with such in Christianity. We all worship the same God and the Catholic Church remains the universal church of Christ. You can suck on that.
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by charlione(m): 6:07am On Dec 29, 2019
khia:

I have been around getting some members upset. grin grin I don't celebrate Christmas but if you do I hope you enjoyed yourself.

This explains a lot. Lol
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by charlione(m): 6:11am On Dec 29, 2019
Enwhen:

U are confused

Simple question , Na make una dey fail any how in school... That you should tell how their angelic voices trickled the fancy of the congregation and many were draw closer to God and were meant to know God more , you are spilling rubbish Boring and Pharisees of old in 2019... I agree with u Na una Cary first... Na wetin u want... Don't Cary last to heaven o.

We should have counted how many people got closer to God as a result of the music and report same to you. I get it now. It is well.
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by khia: 6:51am On Dec 29, 2019
charlione:

Lol. Well it wasn't a 'sing what you like' kind of contest. We were given a script and everyone got the exact same script so it wasn't a Catholic choir thing. Note: they did move the crowd and it was heavenly. Seems you are one of those who have this my church is better and yours attitude. It is unfortunate we have to deal with such in Christianity. We all worship the same God and the Catholic Church remains the universal church of Christ. You can suck on that.

I'm not a Christian, I don't have a church and I don't believe in religion so there is no favoritism on my part. I enjoy listening to gospel music sung by vocalist who feel what they are singing in their hearts. Those singers on the video didn't win simply because they weren't good enough.

Catholicism has always been the most sinister, corrupt religion ever created, they go against so many of God's laws and that's why so many people leave that cult.

You can shove that down your throat.
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by khia: 7:01am On Dec 29, 2019
charlione:

This explains a lot. Lol

I don't believe in religion but that has nothing to do with my joy of song.
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by charlione(m): 8:10am On Dec 29, 2019
khia:

I'm not a Christian, I don't have a church and I don't believe in religion so there is no favoritism on my part. I enjoy listening to gospel music sung by vocalist who feel what they are singing in their hearts. Those singers on the video didn't win simply because they weren't good enough.

Catholicism has always been the most sinister, corrupt religion ever created, they go against so many of God's laws and that's why so many people leave that cult.

You can shove that down your throat.

Yidi yida jibber jabber....gibberish!
Re: Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co by khia: 8:24am On Dec 29, 2019
charlione:

Yidi yida jibber jabber....gibberish!

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. / The Death Sentence / Is God Aware Of Something That Will Happen Prior?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.