Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children (12088 Views)

Islamic Rulings On Dealing With The Ex-wife / Pictures And Hanging Animate Pictures! / Dealing With The Temptation To Show Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Lukgaf(m): 10:53am On Dec 27, 2019
Praise be to Allah

It is permissible to deal in products that people give as gifts, such as toys, flowers, cards and the like, provided that they do not involve anything haraam such as music or images or pictures of animate beings, and do not help in anything haraam, such as gifts for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, Halloween and so on, because it is not permissible to sell anything that is haraam or helps in anything haraam, as Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Help you one another in Al‑Birr and At‑Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment”

[al-Maa’idah 5:2].

Secondly:

With regard to toys and teddy bears, if they are for children, there is nothing wrong with dealing in them, because there is a concession allowing playing with dolls, and because concessions are granted in the case of children that are not granted in the case of adults.

But if they are bought by adults to decorate their living rooms and cars, then it is not permissible to sell them to them.

In as-Saheehayn it is narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: I used to play with dolls in the house of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), and I had friends who would play with me…

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6130) and Muslim (2440)

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said in al-Fath: This hadith is quoted as evidence for the permissibility of keeping dolls and toys so that girls can play with them. That is excluded from the general meaning of the prohibition on keeping images. This was the view of ‘Iyaad, who narrated it from the majority. They regarded it as permissible to sell toys for girls in order to teach them from an early age how to take care of their houses and their children in the future. Ibn Hibbaan wrote a chapter entitled: Permissibility of little girls playing with toys… – according to a report of Jareer from Hishaam: [‘Aa’ishah said:] I used to play with dolls, which are toys. Narrated by Abu ‘Awaanah and others. Abu Dawood and an-Nasaa’i narrated via another isnaad from ‘Aa’ishah that she said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) came from the campaign to Tabook or Khaybar… and he quoted the hadith about him tearing down the curtain that she had hung up over her door. She said: He lifted the edge of the curtain and saw some dolls belonging to ‘Aa’ishah. He said: “What is this, O ‘Aa’ishah?” She said: My dolls. He saw among them a horse that had wings attached to it and said: “What is this?” I said: A horse. He said: “A horse with wings?” I said: Have you not heard that Sulaymaan had horses that had wings? And he smiled.

End quote.

The report mentioned by Ibn Hajar was also narrated by Abu Dawood (no. 22813) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Ghaayat al-Maraam (129).

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked: What is the ruling on buying dolls and on the images that are found in books, such as images of animals and birds, and so on, because children enjoy looking at them and they learn by looking at them, and I do not know what the ruling on that is?

He replied:

With regard to dolls for children, which are three-dimensional images in the form of a woman or a girl or a child, they may be divided into two categories:

The first category is permissible and there is nothing wrong with it. It includes the dolls that are made nowadays that have no facial features, no eyes or nose or mouth. There are no reservations about the permissibility of these, because ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) had dolls that were like this, with which she played.

The second category is those that are made of plastic and look exactly like human beings, with eyes, lips, eyelashes and eyebrows; some of them even walk and talk. There is some reservation about the permissibility of these, but I am not strict about it, because with regard to the hadith of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) which says that she played with dolls, it may be said that it is indicative of lenience concerning dolls, especially since, as I said, children may enjoy playing with them. Nevertheless we say: so long as there is an alternative to that, we should not turn to that which is doubtful when that which is not doubtful is available, because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt.

As for images of other animals, such as horses, lions and the like, there is no justification for keeping them at all, when we have an alternative in the form of toys that are based on equipment such as cars, bulldozers and the like. A boy can play with those just as he would play with toy animals. But if a person is given one of these animals as a gift, then he should cut off its head and leave it without a head, and there is nothing wrong with that.

End quote from Liqa’ al-Baab al-Maftooh (26/6)

And Allah knows best.

Source: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/119056/ruling-on-dealing-in-gifts-and-toys

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by morikee: 9:46am On Jan 03, 2020
It's not haram

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 03, 2020
Islam and rulings those making it dont even follow

11 Likes

Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Newnas(m): 9:48am On Jan 03, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Islam and rulings those making it dont even follow

Firstly, the rulings are made by Allaah, the scholars are only interpreters.

Secondly, the scholars are the ones who adhere most to the rulings of the Quran. Our schars aren't like your pastors whose primary mission is tithes embezzlement.

Lastly, get a life, stop trolling!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Kaybaba5(m): 9:50am On Jan 03, 2020
Even evil spirit uses this animate toys as their coven.

May God helps us
Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by MZrapper(f): 9:51am On Jan 03, 2020
May Allah help us.
Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by lelvin(m): 9:53am On Jan 03, 2020
What about intimacy gadgets?

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Newnas(m): 9:55am On Jan 03, 2020
Flofavor:
Praise allah from this side

You, I used stress to design something and you went to love-vendor it and turn it to your own.

Deris God ooo cheesy
Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by BusolaDakolo: 10:00am On Jan 03, 2020
Ordinary toy? Una get time o.
Irrelevant topic.

22 Likes

Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 03, 2020
Newnas:

Firstly, the rulings are made by Allaah, the scholars are only interpreters.

Secondly, the scholars are the ones who adhere most to the rulings of the Quran. Our schars aren't like your pastors whose primary mission is tithes embezzlement.

Lastly, get a life, stop trolling!

allah indeed. Am not a xtain either

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Moneyboyz: 10:04am On Jan 03, 2020
Oga oh, una no dey tire.. this is the 21st century sir.

If these things exists in those says I believe everyone will buy it for their kids..
So if everything is Haram, what should we do. Seal our lips and cut off our legs?

13 Likes

Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Newnas(m): 10:07am On Jan 03, 2020
Kekereekun123:
allah indeed. Am not a xtain either

Who cares?! undecided
Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Newnas(m): 10:08am On Jan 03, 2020
Moneyboyz:
Oga oh, una no dey tire.. this is the 21st century sir.

If these things exists in those says I believe everyone will buy it for their kids..
So if everything is Haram, what should we do. Seal our lips and cut off our legs?

crafteck:
Una dey mad... Something as simple as toys gets this amount of write up, live is to short... Just live and be happy

Whose fault is it that you subscribe to a religion of anarchy?!

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by azyaq(m): 10:08am On Jan 03, 2020
Lukgaf:
Praise be to Allah

It is permissible to deal in products that people give as gifts, such as toys, flowers, cards and the like, provided that they do not involve anything haraam such as music or images or pictures of animate beings, and do not help in anything haraam, such as gifts for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, Halloween and so on, because it is not permissible to sell anything that is haraam or helps in anything haraam, as Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Help you one another in Al‑Birr and At‑Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment”

Secondly:

With regard to toys and teddy bears, if they are for children, there is nothing wrong with dealing in them, because there is a concession allowing playing with dolls, and because concessions are granted in the case of children that are not granted in the case of adults.

But if they are bought by adults to decorate their living rooms and cars, then it is not permissible to sell them to them.

In as-Saheehayn it is narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: I used to play with dolls in the house of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), and I had friends who would play with me…

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said in al-Fath: This hadith is quoted as evidence for the permissibility of keeping dolls and toys so that girls can play with them. That is excluded from the general meaning of the prohibition on keeping images. This was the view of ‘Iyaad, who narrated it from the majority. They regarded it as permissible to sell toys for girls in order to teach them from an early age how to take care of their houses and their children in the future. Ibn Hibbaan wrote a chapter entitled: Permissibility of little girls playing with toys… – according to a report of Jareer from Hishaam: [‘Aa’ishah said:] I used to play with dolls, which are toys. Narrated by Abu ‘Awaanah and others. Abu Dawood and an-Nasaa’i narrated via another isnaad from ‘Aa’ishah that she said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) came from the campaign to Tabook or Khaybar… and he quoted the hadith about him tearing down the curtain that she had hung up over her door. She said: He lifted the edge of the curtain and saw some dolls belonging to ‘Aa’ishah. He said: “What is this, O ‘Aa’ishah?” She said: My dolls. He saw among them a horse that had wings attached to it and said: “What is this?” I said: A horse. He said: “A horse with wings?” I said: Have you not heard that Sulaymaan had horses that had wings? And he smiled.

End quote.

The report mentioned by Ibn Hajar was also narrated by Abu Dawood (no. 22813) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Ghaayat al-Maraam (129).

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked: What is the ruling on buying dolls and on the images that are found in books, such as images of animals and birds, and so on, because children enjoy looking at them and they learn by looking at them, and I do not know what the ruling on that is?

He replied:

With regard to dolls for children, which are three-dimensional images in the form of a woman or a girl or a child, they may be divided into two categories:

The first category is permissible and there is nothing wrong with it. It includes the dolls that are made nowadays that have no facial features, no eyes or nose or mouth. There are no reservations about the permissibility of these, because ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) had dolls that were like this, with which she played.

The second category is those that are made of plastic and look exactly like human beings, with eyes, lips, eyelashes and eyebrows; some of them even walk and talk. There is some reservation about the permissibility of these, but I am not strict about it, because with regard to the hadith of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) which says that she played with dolls, it may be said that it is indicative of lenience concerning dolls, especially since, as I said, children may enjoy playing with them. Nevertheless we say: so long as there is an alternative to that, we should not turn to that which is doubtful when that which is not doubtful is available, because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt.

As for images of other animals, such as horses, lions and the like, there is no justification for keeping them at all, when we have an alternative in the form of toys that are based on equipment such as cars, bulldozers and the like. A boy can play with those just as he would play with toy animals. But if a person is given one of these animals as a gift, then he should cut off its head and leave it without a head, and there is nothing wrong with that.

And Allah knows best.

Source: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/119056/ruling-on-dealing-in-gifts-and-toys
Jazakunllahu khairan

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Newnas(m): 10:12am On Jan 03, 2020
EzeULU:

Aisha was indeed a 7 years old child.

Newnas

So what should I do? Fry beans?!

Please help yourself:

https://www.islamic-awareness.org/polemics/aishah.html

Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Newnas(m): 10:24am On Jan 03, 2020
EzeULU:

Damage control.

Like Albany said:

An evidence is enough for the seeker of truth but a thousand won't suffice a bigot! sad

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Babaheekmat: 10:27am On Jan 03, 2020
Kids are allowed to play with dolls and toys..

Regarding Hadith of aeesha.

End of story
Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Jaynom(m): 10:29am On Jan 03, 2020
What is the Islamic ruling on DÍLDÓS or VÍBRÀTÓRS?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Newnas(m): 10:32am On Jan 03, 2020
Jaynom:
What is the Islamic ruling on DÍLDÓS or VÍBRÀTÓRS?

they are Haram. All forms.of sexual gratification that isn't from your legally married spouse isn't permissible.

Allaah described the believers this;

And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)

Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame;

But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors;

Suratul Muminoon; 5-7

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Newnas(m): 10:38am On Jan 03, 2020
lovat:
Islam couldn't evolve into the 21st century because their practice are still domiciled in 16th century.

Don't be surprised if you see their adherents behaving like stone age people

By evolution, you mean conformity to the whims and desires of your slave masters?!

So Islam should support (or at least keep.mute about) alcohol, fornication, adultery and your lewd songs and dressing, or homosexuality or your Trinity doctrine which is enough to cause a mountain to tear?!

eff you and your evolution!!!

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Yakade(m): 10:47am On Jan 03, 2020
Hahaha, I Islam will soon rule how I should be thrusting my wife during sex...

6 Likes

Re: Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children by Healthyway15: 10:57am On Jan 03, 2020
Lukgaf:
Praise be to Allah

Secondly:

End quote.

He replied:

And Allah knows best.

Thank you Ustaaz... May Almighty Allah increase you in knowledge and understanding, and reward you abundantly. We would love to learn more from you anytime, because many people are going astray everyday.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 / Kofi Anan Quoting From Nahjul-balagha In Praise Of Imam Ali's (as) Leadership / Reason Why Allah (SWT) Create Mankind In Different Tribes And Colors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.