Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Rivian Shows Off Impressive 360-Degree ‘Tank Turn’ Feature On R1T Electric Truck - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rivian Shows Off Impressive 360-Degree ‘Tank Turn’ Feature On R1T Electric Truck (1235 Views)

Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment / Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi / Cummins Just Beat Tesla In The Race To Build A Semi Electric Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivian Shows Off Impressive 360-Degree ‘Tank Turn’ Feature On R1T Electric Truck by Automotive1(m): 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2019

Rivian just showed off an awesome feature on its R1T electric pickup which it calls “Tank Turn”  This feature allows the truck to do a full 360º turn without moving at all – the same way a tank turns.

The truck was able to pull off this zero-turn maneuver thanks to its quad-motor configuration — which allows each wheel to be driven independently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzwM8KE2L3I

Rivian says that both the R1T truck and R1S SUV will be capable of doing this awesome maneuver. Rivian has also trademarked the term “Tank Steer” and a similar term “Tank Turn”.

The Rivian R1T electric pickup truck will rival electric cars like Tesla Cybertruck and Bolinger B2.

The 788 horsepower R1T is powered by four 197 horsepower electric motors, each attached to each wheel.

It comes with three battery options that will go 230+ miles, 300+ miles and 400+ miles respectively on a full charge.

The R1T is scheduled for the first deliveries late next year while the R1S electric SUV should follow in 2021.

What Do You Think About This “Tank Turn” Feature?

https://autojosh.com/rivian-shows-off-impressive-360-degree-tank-turn-feature-on-the-r1t-electric-pickup-truck/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 Mukina2 Dominique Seun

1 Like

Re: Rivian Shows Off Impressive 360-Degree ‘Tank Turn’ Feature On R1T Electric Truck by adebobconed(m): 9:54am On Dec 28, 2019
Quite Impressive
Re: Rivian Shows Off Impressive 360-Degree ‘Tank Turn’ Feature On R1T Electric Truck by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
Picture 1: Tesla Cybertruck

Picture 2: Bollinger B2

Picture 3: Rivian R1T

1.) Tesla: In my opinion, the Tesla Cybertruck looks bland, futuristic, overrated & will definitely be overpriced like all Amerikan-made junks (e.g F-35, Thaad, Mim-104 Patriot & Abram's Tank) grin

Little wonder the useless & overrated company (SpaceX), with her usual trial & error approach - crashed Facebook's $200Million satellite (AMOS-6) and all her electric vehicles (All Tesla Models) are being hacked in China by kindergarten Chinese pupils as a form of practice. grin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3769427/amp/Mark-Zuckerberg-deeply-disappointed-loss-95m-satellite-SpaceX-crash-says-Facebook-s-drones-place.html

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/chinese-researchers-hack-tesla-model-x-in-impressive-video/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/04/03/chinese-hackers-tricked-teslas-autopilot-into-switching-lanes.html

2.) BollingerMotors: Bollinger Motors, though another Amerikan company looks like an innovative Auto company with impressive designs & numbers (specs).

The Bollinger B2 reminds me of the Hummer H1 truck that my grandfather used to drive to his farm in Ijebu for conveying his farm produce back to the city while most of the villagers would kneel by the roadside, with their hands raised up - and in unison, chanting the praise poem (oriki) of my father's house, to show respect & reverence to the irunmoles, even as the V8 engine of that monster bellows like a Siberian Tiger giving birth at the bank of the Baikal Lake in Russia. grin

The Bollinger B1 & B2 take us 50years backward & 50years forward simultaneously. grin

While they remind us of the grandeur of the 1970s, they also preview the wonders of the 2070's futuristic phantasmagorian serenren & higi-haga that will eventually usher us into the last phase of the New Age Nuclear Apocalypto. grin grin grin

My only regret is that this beautiful idea was conceived by an Amerikan Company, instead of my favourite Auto Maker - The Bavarian Motor Works (BMW). grin

For more info on the Bollinger beautiful machines, click the link below:

https://bollingermotors.com/team/

3.) Rivian: Another Amerikan company, that is about to capture over 30% of the Automobile Markets.

One of my mentors, Mr. Oma of Fairfield Associates once told me in 2011 that: if you're a tailor by profession, and still sewing the designs of 1980 in this age, you would soon be sent out of business by other innovative & creative competitors. grin

This same allegory applies to Yahoo-Yahoo AutoMakers who are still stuck in their wet-dreams of buying cheap cars in China, and rebadging in Nigeria to sell at ridiculous & exorbitant prices. I did not mention anybody's name oooo. grin

Even German AutoMakers who manufacture utility trucks will be completely swept into the gutter of oblivion like the ones before them if they do not tighten their belts & get their shiit together - because Rivian is here to give them a marathon for their money. grin

I am just reading about Tank Steer & Tank Turn for the first time. Who would have imagined that an AutoMaker would one day wow us with this impressive innovation?

I am already working on a Smart Beer company that I call Obatala Beering Industry. grin

The beer bottles will come with unhackable factory-networking codes & sonar spatial technology that will connect beer drinkers together as if you making a video call on Whatsapp or Imo. grin

When you buy these beer, you would be able to network with your friends all over the world that are also drinking Obatala Beers, whether in their houses, bars & clubs - and these Beers come with features that will enable you see the numbers of bottles your friends at the other side have consumed, and whether your friend is slightly drunk or completely knocked-out. grin

Yes, Obatala Beers will come with an 8-inch smart screen and at affordable prices. If Hennessy, Jack Daniels & the rest are selling for above 20,000Naira, why should Obatala Beers sell for 300Naira like Trophy & 3 3 Lager? But I can assure you it will be affordable. grin

I know most of you stiff-necked & incorrigible people will not believe me but if this announcement were to be made by Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg & Elon Musk - you would have quickly swallowed the lamba. grin

As you may already know, the next phase of this Obatala Beering Project is investor relations. So, I am looking for investors to partner with me in bringing Obatala Beers to every neighborhood. grin

This rare & amazing innovation will enable us capture 85% of the Beering Industry worldwide. grin

I need about $20Billion to bring this idea into fruition, so I encourage everyone to click on my profile, copy the email address there and shoot me a mail or alternatively, you can send your contributions directly to my Bitcoin address below:

bitcoincash:qz6zj6wlzp66tvw3p2kl0muulrw0qz22jc3wrktmt7

Remember, this was how Bill Gates and Paul Allen began their ministry and before you say Jack Bauer - They were already billionaires. grin

So, don't just be wasting your time & data on Nairaland by clicking on every Tacha & Tonto Dikeh's thread. It is time to join the Billionaires gang so that in 5years time, your children can become celebrities like DJ Cuppy & Davido. Hahahahaaaaaa! grin Walahi, mo ya werey gan! grin

Eheen! That reminds me, since Lucasbalo aka Abbeybailey is an Hedgefund Manager in Chi-town, who knows - Obatala could use him to raise about $15Billion of the required start-up capital, which will automatically earn him a 2% stake in the Obatala Beering Project. grin

Even my Amerikan brunette criminally-beautiful peperempe (Missy89) too could use her military connections to court & convince her superiors, especially the Amerikan Generals who have stolen & diverted enough money from the ongoing war in Iraq, Afghanistan & Syria to invest in this future Goldmine. grin

Now, back to the topic. grin

Well, In years to come, Rivian will definitely become an household name in every Country - and will replace that nonsense Japanese Bicycle Maker (Good Thinking, Good Products) who delights in manufacturing defective Bicycles which you dare not park outside your house or on your street overnight, without you waking up to the reality of the Bicycle being vandalized & the Brainbox (ECU), Radio, Power-Button Controls & Headlamps stolen. You can ask the Uber/Taxify drivers if I'm lying. grin

For more info on Rivian R1T & R1S machines, click the link below:

https://rivian.com/r1s/

Conclusively, I apologize if I have riled-up or offended anybody with this write-up.

You know I am from Ijebu, and in Ijebu, we do not call a spade a shovel, we simply call it a spade - because a o rayè rada-rada. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivian Shows Off Impressive 360-Degree ‘Tank Turn’ Feature On R1T Electric Truck by tck2000(m): 2:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
Poster Above!
Re: Rivian Shows Off Impressive 360-Degree ‘Tank Turn’ Feature On R1T Electric Truck by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
tck2000:
Poster Above!

Yes Bros! Wetin I do? grin I like the way you are advertising the latest Close-Up Toothpaste in your DP. grin

And I can also see from your personal text that you're an Aspiring Billionaire. Well, Bill Gates & Paul Allen met on the internet just as both of us are meeting now - so I'd advise you to cooperate & sign up now one time. grin

1 Like

Re: Rivian Shows Off Impressive 360-Degree ‘Tank Turn’ Feature On R1T Electric Truck by tck2000(m): 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
Zoharariel:

Yes Bros! Wetin I do? grin I like the way you are advertising the latest Close-Up Toothpaste in your DP. grin

And I can also see from your personal text that you're an Aspiring Billionaire. Well, Bill Gates & Paul Allen met on the internet just as both of us are meeting now - so I'd advise you to cooperate & sign up now one time. grin
Lol General i throw salute!!!...Coperate and sign up for what sir?

(1) (Reply)

My 2006 Bank Type Toyota Corolla Jerk In The Morning / Do You Know There Are Some Cars That Is Cheaper Than Iphone 12? / Honda Accord EOD Passenger Side Power Mirror

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.