Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi (9805 Views)

Rivian Shows Off Impressive 360-Degree ‘Tank Turn’ Feature On R1T Electric Truck / Volvo Unveils A Self-driving Electric Truck With No Passenger Compartment / Cummins Just Beat Tesla In The Race To Build A Semi Electric Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by obafemee80(m): 12:47am On Jan 06, 2018
[img]https:///a/img923/6323/ozsRrz.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///a/img922/4792/t63jBS.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///a/img922/3082/G65RRc.jpg[/img]

Tesla has already received a healthy stream of pre-orders for its electric semi-truck, but Thor ,a new California company will offer an alternative. Thor Trucks has revealed its first all-electric semi and it boasts promising specs in an attempt to rival the Tesla Semi.

Thor Trucks believes it can stand out by converting fossil fuel-burning trucks into battery-electric ones with its unique powertrain technology and in-house battery production.

Most of the parts are procured from established suppliers, a strategy the company says will help it ramp up production, but also give their clients more confidence. The prototype also uses heavy-duty Dana axles and a TM4 motor while the battery packs are built in-house using LG Chem cells.

Thors electric truck,the ET-One,will arrive with a 300-mile range(Tesla Semi's claimed figure of 500 miles),capable of hauling 80,000 lb load and a top speed of 70 mph. Thor also said the ET-One will cost $150,000, which pegs it squarely as a Tesla competitor. Tesla trucks will likely cost between $150,000 and $180,000.

The ET-One,a Class 8 tractor will up to 30 percent more power than diesel and range options up to 300 miles for short-haul and regional routes. Like Tesla, Thor promises its electric powertrain can out muscle diesel engines while reducing maintenance needs, per-mile cost and overall cost of ownership.

Thor won't have just Tesla to deal with. Two other big names have shown off their own all-electric semi-trucks, too. Daimler revealed the E-Fuso Vision One with a 217-mile range and Cummins beat Tesla to the electric-semi punch when it debuted the Urban Hauler Tractor with a 100-mile range. Unlike Thor, Tesla, or Daimler, Cummins said its electric powertrain can be paired to a diesel engine to act as a range extender for about 300 miles of total range.

Source : https://autojosh.com/thor-reveals-300-mile-et1-electric-truck-aim-go-sale-tesla-semi/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

3 Likes

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 06, 2018
Amazing

2 Likes

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by franchasng: 7:05am On Jan 06, 2018
Lovely

1 Like

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by Nwodosis(m): 7:07am On Jan 06, 2018
Our oil will soon be in history book like coal.

6 Likes

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by wayne4loan: 7:07am On Jan 06, 2018
Can this work in 9ja

1 Like

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by ttshems(m): 7:09am On Jan 06, 2018
Soo cool

1 Like

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by BeingFrank(m): 7:13am On Jan 06, 2018
Each discovery gives birth to a new age, each invention makes a current trend potentially out-dated. I like this, especially when there is competition in new fields like this.

1 Like

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by sirfemoz(m): 7:15am On Jan 06, 2018
Others are evolving in technology, we are here fighting over oil we still can't enjoy. Wonder how Nigeria will look like by 2030. Cos our leaders lack vision, they are all shortsighted.

5 Likes

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 06, 2018
Wetin concern me, I'm still rocking my Peugeot 504.
Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by Bevista: 7:25am On Jan 06, 2018
sirfemoz:
Others are evolving in technology, we are here fighting over oil we still can't enjoy. Wonder how Nigeria will look like by 2030. Cos our leaders lack vision, they are all shortsighted.
It's not just about leaders, but the entire citizenry.
---
For instance, you'll observe that this post will not get any traction with a lot of folks. It will have very few views, comments and likes. But post a topic about some celeb or something bothering on tribal/religious bigotry and you find them converge like fleas in seconds. And these are the same people that will eventually become leaders.

20 Likes

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by hAlexandro(m): 7:28am On Jan 06, 2018
grin nice concept for the western world but in a country where I have had light for the past 5 days now I rather buy a bicycle
Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by sirfemoz(m): 7:33am On Jan 06, 2018
Bevista:
---
For instance, you'll observe that this post will not get any traction with a lot of folks. It will have very few views, comments and likes. But post a topic about some celeb or something bothering on tribal/religious bigotry and you find them converge like fleas in seconds. And these are the same people that will eventually become leaders.

That's true. We the citizens are not even helping, cos we allow them to do as they like.

1 Like

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by colossus91(m): 7:45am On Jan 06, 2018
sad but true Nigeria woild be like Sahara desert when all cars become electrical........nonsense leaders!!
Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by poseidon12: 7:54am On Jan 06, 2018
sirfemoz:

Same with the followers that elect/select those leaders.

1 Like

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by macaranta(m): 8:04am On Jan 06, 2018
Cool... We need to diversify quickly away from oil

1 Like

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by flamingREED(m): 8:08am On Jan 06, 2018
Crude oil will soon be fetched for free from taps like mere water.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by gooddyoung8: 8:26am On Jan 06, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 06, 2018
okay. smiley

1 Like

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by Nukilia: 8:57am On Jan 06, 2018
Bevista:
---

We are all in the mess together... grin I hope we can escape from these bunch of retards running this country and those planning to lead us in their old age.

1 Like

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by Reference(m): 9:27am On Jan 06, 2018
Nwodosis:
Our oil will soon be in history book like coal.

grin Can't wait.
Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by akabad: 9:27am On Jan 06, 2018
Batteries are here to stay.
Most people that still believe in internal combustion engines and think oil will save you should think deep.
This country has to rely on the private sectors for any sort of break through because government is simply about what can I do in the shortest time frame to show people I am working and how much can I steal to last my generation
Just sad

1 Like

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by SehgateTeam(m): 9:49am On Jan 06, 2018
Elon Musk comes to mind.
Genius always have plan B
Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by Lovetinz(m): 10:09am On Jan 06, 2018
Hi Thor,
Your face looks familiar...

3 Likes

Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by DRISKLEF(m): 10:20am On Jan 06, 2018
Oil is at the receiving end of all of this, someone should cc our petroleum minister.
Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by ssogundele(m): 10:55am On Jan 06, 2018
My heart bleed for the oil producing area for the pollution they'll have to cope with when revenue from carbon fossil oil kamikazed and goes kaaboooomed due to new and environmentally friendly source of energy. The truth is that the region will be left on it own and super-man made disaster falls on them. It's high time they took up arms and fight for the total clean up of that region before it's too late! For their info, the kind of rulers we have are not moved by dialogues or peaceful protects but bullets and grenades couple with rocket propelled grenades. So it's up to them to start now.
Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by Futureberry: 11:00am On Jan 06, 2018
SehgateTeam:
Elon Musk comes to mind.

Genius always have plan B
tesla semi is still the best to me,the reasons why people like esla is not because they produce better looking and efficient cars,it mostly due to their diff tech savy stuffs included in their products.like AP,CRUISE CONTROL AND SO MANY MORE...
Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by arejibadz(m): 11:08am On Jan 06, 2018
.nice
Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by SehgateTeam(m): 11:13am On Jan 06, 2018
Futureberry:
tesla semi is still the best to me,the reasons why people like esla is not because they produce better looking and efficient cars,it mostly due to their diff tech savy stuffs included in their products.like AP,CRUISE CONTROL AND SO MANY MORE...

Ofcus you are right.

Going through Tesla facility profile, you will see alot of expert. they have prepared for competitors so for now they control the base.......

I will prefer Tesla all day....
Re: Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi by jaxxy(m): 12:26pm On Jan 06, 2018
I think fully electric automobiles shud be limited to car and mid truck and not heavy duty ones for now. They cud be hybrid tho

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sin S1 Vs. Sbarro 4×4+2: Which Is Uglier? / How Long Should An Engine Last? / Is It Better To Buy A Old Car With Low Mileage Or A Newer One With High Mileage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.