Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan (22748 Views)

Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each / Oyo House Of Reps Member, Odidiomo Empowers Constituents With Goats / Amotekun: Lagos, Osun, Ekiti Recruit 1,320 Militiamen. "They Can Use Guns" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by jconsulting(f): 9:40pm On Dec 27, 2019
How can you loan somebody � goat in December ,he might mistakenly cook it

1 Like

Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by Pat081: 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2019
That is why dey always do like sheeps and goat

1 Like

Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by franchasng: 9:43pm On Dec 27, 2019
Electronzeez:

If I tell you i did not would you believe me? .I voted the man interested in revolution.
That was a wasted vote because you knew very well that Sowore stood no chance to win Buhari....Atiku would have been the best option to retire Buhari and then Sowore or any other can then be used to retire Atiku....its a gradual process.....you guys were voting tribally not realistically
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by adetes: 9:45pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nigeria ?

Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by akejujoe(f): 9:48pm On Dec 27, 2019
When you think you have heard it all. Nigerian politicians are really good at fooling the electorates
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by thatigboman: 9:53pm On Dec 27, 2019
3 goats per woman.
Are they women going to return goat or cash?
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by Princemichael93: 9:53pm On Dec 27, 2019
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by dafeoroyo: 9:57pm On Dec 27, 2019
Wetin dafe no go see for Nairaland
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by KennieKingOba(m): 10:03pm On Dec 27, 2019
they forgot to mention how many billions spent for the empowerment, mmtttcchheeww.... So this one na empowerment, oh my dear Country, black mentality
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by Izigha(m): 10:04pm On Dec 27, 2019
thatigboman:
3 goats per woman.
Are they women going to return goat or cash?
READ
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by Electronzeez(m): 10:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
franchasng:
That was a wasted vote because you knew very well that Sowore stood no chance to win Buhari....Atiku would have been the best option to retire Buhari and then Sowore or any other can then be used to retire Atiku....its a gradual process.....you guys were voting tribally not realistically

I would rather give a wasted vote to someone that has not been in government than give it to the two rogues who ran the economy of this country to the ground .

You voted without conscience, in fact we need to get people like you off the polling unit .how can you vote for a man that contributed the scam we call democracy today.

The same man that the power project was left in his supervision and he failed in shinning red ,he is now packaged like the current dictator as a saviour .

My friend you are not using your sense .

1 Like

Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by Originalsly: 10:48pm On Dec 27, 2019
If the plan is to make women become goat herders.... is this the best they can think of? ...and they really believe this is a brilliant plan.
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by oneTIMEman(m): 11:01pm On Dec 27, 2019
sexiestharam:
Women Empowerment with goats? And it is a loan? Many leaders in this country need brain checks. Some news I read here are unbelievable!
i swear, this country is fake

1 Like

Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by Aarenaija: 11:21pm On Dec 27, 2019
This people would not cease to amaze me......
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by JiffyLou(m): 11:27pm On Dec 27, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Actually this is not a bad idea at all.

It's a sort of a clever network to grow the livestock in the state while creating economic opportunities tailored made for the women of Jigawa.

A local solution for a local problem.

.Dude You are joking right?
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by CSTR2: 11:39pm On Dec 27, 2019
Somebody said how was I born here?

I don laugh tire grin

1 Like

Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by osazsky(m): 12:05am On Dec 28, 2019
In my lifetime for over 4 decades the only goat i know of is messi' how do u intend to share messi with over 400 woman,well as long as its messi ,to him impossibility is nothing
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by samteebiz3: 12:16am On Dec 28, 2019
aminusodiq:
Goat empowerment grin grin grin grin only in nigeria grin maybe d southerners will do DOG empowerment too cheesy

Cat empowerment anytime soon! Nonesense jokers !
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by samteebiz3: 12:17am On Dec 28, 2019
Useless empowerment!
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by noniwealth(f): 12:25am On Dec 28, 2019
Avedonn:
There's something about power I do not understand. When those politician are seeking for political power, the seems to be visionary and know exactly the problems of this country. But as soon as they're elected, they'll be clueless and making irrational policies. And soon as they're voted out power or their time elapsed, their reasoning will be back to default settings. I've observed this scenario with people like Shehu Sani, Ben Murray-Bruce and even Obasanjo.

Few years down the line this Jigawa state Gov. Alh. Badaru will certainly reflect back and realise how stupid such misplaced priorities in the name of poverty alleviation looks.

He has all the resources to boost Crop production which Jigawa state is known for, but instead he chooses to share goats that might be stolen, die or even eaten by the beneficiaries.

Or even begin to destroy their crops.

Anyway its good to create Jigawa herds women
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by AFONJAPIG(m): 3:17am On Dec 28, 2019
I was discussing with my White friend the other day about Africa , and he bluntly told me, Nigeria is one hell of a sick place for a human being to inhabit... He even knw about jubrin the impostor in Aso Rock... Who swear for us

1 Like

Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by DavidEsq(m): 3:43am On Dec 28, 2019
Captainrambo2:
I have been to jingawa. Na so so sheeps, jakkey and goat.

Everwhere grin
Empowerment hefriwia

1 Like

Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by DavidEsq(m): 3:44am On Dec 28, 2019
AFONJAPIG:
I was discussing with my White friend the other day about Africa , and he bluntly told me, Nigeria is one hell of a sick place for a human being to inhabit... He even knw about jubrin the impostor in Aso Rock... Who swear for us
White friend fire! grin.

Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by AerialMapper: 5:47am On Dec 28, 2019
Not a bad idea!

A goat has a 5 month gestation period and typically has multiple births. In an 18month period , it should be able to birth twice. So 2 kids per goat would mean that the beneficiary would have 8 kids plus the initial 3 making 11 at the end of the 18 month period!

Problem is what is the next step? How does this translate to money in the pocket for the beneficiaries!

With the right species, they could export to Saudi Arabia.

Anyway nice idea but let’s see how it goes
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by awoluyi(m): 6:33am On Dec 28, 2019
What of if the he-goat can not perform or the 2 she-goats have done family planning?
This empowerment program might end up being stomach infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by tenmariner: 7:54am On Dec 28, 2019
AerialMapper:
Not a bad idea!

A goat has a 5 month gestation period and typically has multiple births. In an 18month period , it should be able to birth twice. So 2 kids per goat would mean that the beneficiary would have 8 kids plus the initial 3 making 11 at the end of the 18 month period!

Problem is what is the next step? How does this translate to money in the pocket for the beneficiaries!

With the right species, they could export to Saudi Arabia.

Anyway nice idea but let’s see how it goes

You have a point sir. Just like what someone had earlier posted; 'local solution for a local problem'
The next thing is to see how it can be converted to money because the currency of the game is NAIRA.
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by beulahfarm: 9:33am On Dec 28, 2019
Hezzyluv:
grin

lIKE, if u agree with me that this country is a BIG joke

since I see d post I know most pple will comment badly on it, Goat empwerment is a good bizness for pple to do. I as a graduate purschase goat for rearing and I know how much I make weekly on them. d kindly of money been made daily on it is awesome. South West always condem but dey like ogufe and amala, asun and ko
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by aspirebig: 10:36am On Dec 28, 2019
seguno2:

Should we southerners be in the same country with them?

Truth is that we different apart,.,by miles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by phenol33(m): 10:52am On Dec 28, 2019
I was about to say what my governor did for us for the yuletide... Governor emeka ihedioha gave every community it IMO state 20 bags of rice (each) to celebrate Christmas!!!
Johnboom:
I want to commend the Jigawa State Government for this great gestures. This is better than two Congo of rice. I hope Southern Governors will learn from this especially the west.
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by darqly(m): 11:01am On Dec 28, 2019
NAN reports that Ahmed Zubairu, chairman of the goats distribution committee,
There are plenty dumb people in leadership in Nigeria, plenty!!
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by IkePeters(m): 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2019
Chairman, Goat sharing Committee?
And The Governor thinks loaning goats(a male n two females) to women is the best form of empowerment? Its really a Shame
Re: Jigawa empowers 440 women with 1,320 goats — but it’s a loan by Aarabu227: 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
Abeg goat for wat pls for soup or christmas gift this anoying meeeeeeen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umahi: Fani-Kayode Is A Liar, He Played No Role In My Defection To APC / Three Serving Ministers, Two Former Governors, Plan To Bomb INEC – Timi Frank / Senate Presidency: How Oshiomhole Triggered Crisis In NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.