Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Blood Sacrifice - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Blood Sacrifice (698 Views)

Du'a When Slaughtering Or Offering A Sacrifice / The Types And Ages Of Animals That Can Be Used For Eid Sacrifice / Ages Of Animals That Can Be Used For Eid Sacrifice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blood Sacrifice by AntiChristian: 11:39pm On Dec 27, 2019
Blood Sacrifice

Most Christians erroneously assume that God always needed a sacrifice in order to please Him. However, they are mistaken. These verses from the Bible clearly show it.

Hosea 6:6
6 For I desire mercy, not sacrifice,and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

Jeremiah 7:31
31 They have built the high places of Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to burn their sons and daughters in the fire-something I did not command, nor did it enter my mind.

But how can it enter God's (Father) mind to have his own son (Jesus) crucified?

Ezekiel 18:21,22,24
21 "But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die.

22 None of the offenses he has committed will be remembered against him. Because of the righteous things he has done, he will live.

23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

24 "But if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked man does, will he live? None of the righteous things he has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness he is guilty of and because of the sins he has committed, he will die.

This verse is simply stating that if someone turns away from the evil he has done, then God will forgive him. There does not need to be any bloodshed. This is what we believe in Islam as well.

Isaiah 66:3
3 But whoever sacrifices a bull is like one who kills a man, and whoever offers a lamb, like one who breaks a dog's neck; whoever makes a grain offering is like one who presents pig's blood, and whoever burns memorial incense,
like one who worships an idol. They have chosen their own ways, and their souls delight in their abominations;

This verse shows that blood sacrifices are useless in the eyes of God.

Psalm 51:16-19
16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

17 The sacrifices of God are [a] a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart,
O God, you will not despise.

18 In your good pleasure make Zion prosper; build up the walls of Jerusalem.

19 Then there will be righteous sacrifices,
whole burnt offerings to delight you;
then bulls will be offered on your altar.

What God truly wants is for us to be sincerely regretful when we commit sins and to turn to him.

Matthew 6:9-15
"This, then, is how you should pray:
" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us today our daily bread.
12Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.[a]' 14For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

We are asking God to forgive us of our sins the same way we forgive people also. If Jesus was crucified for our sins then why should we ask God for forgiveness of our sins if the debt has already been paid for on the cross?
Re: Blood Sacrifice by fortran12: 2:52am On Dec 30, 2019
AntiChristian:
Blood Sacrifice

Most Christians erroneously assume that God always needed a sacrifice in order to please Him. However, they are mistaken. These verses from the Bible clearly show it.

Hosea 6:6
6 For I desire mercy, not sacrifice,and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

Jeremiah 7:31
31 They have built the high places of Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to burn their sons and daughters in the fire-something I did not command, nor did it enter my mind.

But how can it enter God's (Father) mind to have his own son (Jesus) crucified?

Ezekiel 18:21,22,24
21 "But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die.

22 None of the offenses he has committed will be remembered against him. Because of the righteous things he has done, he will live.

23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

24 "But if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked man does, will he live? None of the righteous things he has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness he is guilty of and because of the sins he has committed, he will die.

This verse is simply stating that if someone turns away from the evil he has done, then God will forgive him. There does not need to be any bloodshed. This is what we believe in Islam as well.

Isaiah 66:3
3 But whoever sacrifices a bull is like one who kills a man, and whoever offers a lamb, like one who breaks a dog's neck; whoever makes a grain offering is like one who presents pig's blood, and whoever burns memorial incense,
like one who worships an idol. They have chosen their own ways, and their souls delight in their abominations;

This verse shows that blood sacrifices are useless in the eyes of God.

Psalm 51:16-19
16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

17 The sacrifices of God are [a] a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart,
O God, you will not despise.

18 In your good pleasure make Zion prosper; build up the walls of Jerusalem.

19 Then there will be righteous sacrifices,
whole burnt offerings to delight you;
then bulls will be offered on your altar.

What God truly wants is for us to be sincerely regretful when we commit sins and to turn to him.

Matthew 6:9-15
"This, then, is how you should pray:
" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us today our daily bread.
12Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.[a]' 14For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

We are asking God to forgive us of our sins the same way we forgive people also. If Jesus was crucified for our sins then why should we ask God for forgiveness of our sins if the debt has already been paid for on the cross?

You do not understand the concept of sin.
Re: Blood Sacrifice by AntiChristian: 10:26am On Dec 31, 2019
fortran12:

You do not understand the concept of sin.

Do not come and derail this thread as you do others! If you don't have convincing evidence from your Bible just keep mute.

Every Christian have the theory at hand but the evidence is lacking!
Re: Blood Sacrifice by fortran12: 11:22am On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

Do not come and derail this thread as you do others! If you don't have convincing evidence from your Bible just keep mute.

Every Christian have the theory at hand but the evidence is lacking!
How does Allah forgive sins? So it's you that will correct the bible and ask them to remove all the Jewish traditions cos you are anti Christian?
Re: Blood Sacrifice by AntiChristian: 11:25am On Jan 01, 2020
fortran12:

How does Allah forgive sins? So it's you that will correct the bible and ask them to remove all the Jewish traditions cos you are anti Christian?

He forgives without killing anyone!
Re: Blood Sacrifice by fortran12: 11:26am On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

He forgives without killing anyone!
What is the proof that he forgives. Show me reference in your books
Re: Blood Sacrifice by AntiChristian: 11:38am On Jan 01, 2020
fortran12:

What is the proof that he forgives. Show me reference in your books

The One Who created death and life to test you – who among you has the better deeds; and He only is the Most Honourable, the Oft Forgiving.
Al-Mulk vs 2
Re: Blood Sacrifice by fortran12: 11:51am On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

The One Who created death and life to test you – who among you has the better deeds; and He only is the Most Honourable, the Oft Forgiving.
Al-Mulk vs 2

Who is talking here? It can't be Allah. If it's him why is he using he to describe himself. It seems it's some one describing what Allah does.
This proves nothin, anyone human can claim anything. I need a verse that Allah is speaking
Re: Blood Sacrifice by AntiChristian: 11:53am On Jan 01, 2020
fortran12:

Who is talking here? It can't be Allah. If it's him why is he using he to describe himself. It seems it's some one describing what Allah does.
This proves nothin, anyone human can claim anything. I need a verse that Allah is speaking

Do you know the context of the passage or you just want to argue and divert attention as you do?

What's the context of the passage?
Re: Blood Sacrifice by fortran12: 11:57am On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

Do you know the context of the passage or you just want to argue and divert attention as you do?

What's the context of the passage?
Tell me
Re: Blood Sacrifice by AntiChristian: 12:00pm On Jan 01, 2020
fortran12:
Tell me
Your assignment!
I have answered your question and now you keep bringing another!
Re: Blood Sacrifice by fortran12: 12:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

Your assignment!

I have answered your question and now you keep bringing another!
Burden of proof is on u
Re: Blood Sacrifice by AntiChristian: 12:11pm On Jan 01, 2020
fortran12:
Burden of proof is on u
You always have nothing to say on the posts except to keep derailing it.
I don catch you!
Re: Blood Sacrifice by fortran12: 2:14pm On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

You always have nothing to say on the posts except to keep derailing it.

I don catch you!

You quoted a verse on someone saying something in reported speech and claim it is allah talking, It seems wrong
Re: Blood Sacrifice by AntiChristian: 3:50pm On Jan 01, 2020
fortran12:

You quoted a verse on someone saying something in reported speech and claim it is allah talking, It seems wrong

I am tired of you guy. Which part of the world are you from?

You asked of a verse the states Allah forgives. I gave you the verse. Then you claim it's not Allah talking in the verse.

You should be called an insatiable ignoramus.
Re: Blood Sacrifice by true2god: 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2020
fortran12:

Dont you know that Islamic english is different from regular english? The quran is a badly composed book by some semiliterate normadic arabs.

1 Like

Re: Blood Sacrifice by fortran12: 4:54pm On Jan 01, 2020
true2god:
Dont you know that Islamic english is different from regular english? The quran is a badly composed book by some semiliterate normadic arabs.
No wonder!
Re: Blood Sacrifice by fortran12: 4:57pm On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

I am tired of you guy. Which part of the world are you from?

You asked of a verse the states Allah forgives. I gave you the verse. Then you claim it's not Allah talking in the verse.

You should be called an insatiable ignoramus.

If you analyse the English its wrong. Am being sincere here. Leave religion out of it. It's a reported speech. No one refers to him self in the 3rd person, it's a sign of a dissociative disorder.
Re: Blood Sacrifice by AntiChristian: 6:20pm On Jan 01, 2020
fortran12:

If you analyse the English its wrong. Am being sincere here. Leave religion out of it. It's a reported speech. No one refers to him self in the 3rd person, it's a sign of a dissociative disorder.

How is this related to blood Sacrifice now? Why are you fond of derailing threads? I think I should give you a space from now.
Re: Blood Sacrifice by fortran12: 6:32pm On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

How is this related to blood Sacrifice now? Why are you fond of derailing threads? I think I should give you a space from now.
What you quoted is what I am addressing. I am still waiting for a verse that says Allah forgives sin.
Just admit you have no explanation for the obvious error in grammar found in the Qur'an

(1) (Reply)

Earth, Wind, Water And Fire. Do These Elements Truly Matter? / This Is What Others Are Saying. / Wildone And Her Touts, Am Coming For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.