Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) (1327 Views)

Not Just The Club. You Have Failed If You Don't Know This! / Arsenal Fan Finally Ceases To Be A Fan Of Arsenal Via Open Letter. / Heartbroken Fan Of Messi Missing, Suicide Note Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by nagod5(m): 9:23am On Dec 28, 2019
Compliment of the season all. I believe we all are doing great.

After going through Football news this morning, a question just entered into my head "how did you become a Fan of you football team (CHELSEA FC) and I started laughing because it wasn't because they were the best team then, they weren't even playing attractive football then but just because of an advert I saw where Joe Cole did his funny leg over in a match. Lol .And right there, I started supporting Chelseafc till date.

Can you share yours and let's have fun. I'm very sure you will be amazed by comments too.

Okay na keep it rolling

Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by NaijaDonCast(m): 9:32am On Dec 28, 2019
Its when i watch Manchester United play for the first time back in 2005 and a certain young boy was doing certain things that would have warranted him the oscars award that was when it dawned on me that I am for Manchester United and Manchester United is for me, although the boy later left the united theatre for a bigger childhood dreams in spain, i stick to United till this day

1 Like

Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by popsy2(m): 9:37am On Dec 28, 2019
Let me think
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by OTayobami(m): 9:44am On Dec 28, 2019
I was clubless around the year 2000 but i do enjoy Liverpool's counter attack but something happened in 2002, i saw Wenger'side tiki-taka and that was how i fell in love with the club.
Been to Holloway couple of times but i hope to get a season's ticket next season

1 Like

Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by LegendaryLover(m): 9:46am On Dec 28, 2019
i was not a football fanatic, and would just watch any available match on tv cos i was out with friends who were watching, or cos i was bored.

One day, i saw a VERY INSPIRING 45min clip on Jorgin Klopp. where he discussed his life, coaching career, etc. wow... that shit hooked me!! some years have passed since then, but i'm still hung-over from that video clip. i've become more enthusiastic about football. I now rep LIVERPOOL FC

#YNWA
#Keep on going, and going, with hope in your heart, you'll never walk alone.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by kimlee3(m): 10:47am On Dec 28, 2019
I still remember that night vividly, that's 2012 Champions league final. Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea fc, before then I never really took football seriously, I always wondered what joy people derived from watching football even though my friends spoke about it for years and my dad too, a die hard Chelsea fan who disown arsenal for the early Mourinho days. On that faithful night my dad went out to watch the game, (He loves watching games outside, he says its more fun) I was bored scrolling through channels and I just thought that I should give it a try. As I watched I began to loose interest cuz Chelsea was so dominated and outplayed but I tried to watch to the end, to my very own eyes Chelsea drew the game and went to penalties and I'm like okay, this is it. To my surprise Chelsea won the cup, immediately Drogba netted the ball I jumped and celebrated, after some moments I felt like what just happened. Ever since then its all blue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by nagod5(m): 10:50am On Dec 28, 2019
kimlee3:
I still remember that night vividly, that's 2012 Champions league final. Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea fc, before then I never really took football seriously, I always wondered what joy people derived from watching football even though my friends spoke about it for years and my dad too, a die hard Chelsea fan who disown arsenal for the early Mourinho days. On that faithful night my dad went out to watch the game, (He loves watching games outside, he says its more fun) I was bored scrolling through channels and I just thought that I should give it a try. As I watched I began to loose interest cuz Chelsea was so dominated and outplayed but I tried to watch to the end, to my very own eyes Chelsea drew the game and went to penalties and I'm like okay, this is it. To my surprise Chelsea won the cup, immediately Drogba netted the ball I jumped and celebrated, after some moments I felt like what just happened. Ever since then its all blue

That night was one of my best moment as a Chelsea fc fans. I can't forget that last minute header.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by drips8(m): 10:55am On Dec 28, 2019
It was during the 2012/13 season when Man Utd won the premier league and the attractive part was Robin Van Persie and his beautiful goals, before I wasn't really a football fan but watching van persie play though he wasn't on the level of Messi or Ronaldo still I enjoyed watching him play and then I understood why my friends who were arsenal fans were pissed at his transfer to united and why city also wanted him.

Thank you RVP for making me love football.
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 28, 2019
nagod5:

That night was one of my best moment as a Chelsea fc fans. I can't forget that last minute header.
Lol it has also been one of my best moments as a Chelsea fan, but the semifinal against Barcelona tops the list. That was because I had so much hatred for Barca resulting from the 2008/9 semifinal officiated by Ovrebo. I also considered them as the best team in the world. Seeing Torres getting that second goal made me go mad for some minutes Lol. Chelsea's victory that season was written in the stars, so much lesson to learn from it. I miss that squad.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by Babaheekmat: 11:07am On Dec 28, 2019
Mouriho... Made me Chelsea fan.
Was Arsenal fan initially
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by Great100000: 11:35am On Dec 28, 2019
nagod5:

After going through Football news this morning, a question just entered into my head "how did you become a Fan of you football team (CHELSEA FC) and I started laughing because it wasn't because they were the best team then, they weren't even playing attractive football then but just because of an advert I saw where Joe Cole did his funny leg over in a match. Lol .And right there, I started supporting Chelseafc till date.

Can you share yours and let's have fun. I'm very sure you will be amazed by comments too.

Okay na keep it rolling
Wow!!! I love tho and let me tell you funny story about how I become a Chelsea fan.

I like number 3 alot, I mean figure 3 and from there I transformed that figure 3 to the beautiful game of FOOTBALL and then i started with NIGERIA NATIONAL TEAM and then the player that was wearing that number 3 was Celestine Babayaro and because of that number 3 I admire Babayaro alot and from there i started supporting Chelsea FC when they used to wear AUTOGLASS am talking about 1997 or so....

Since then, I always rep Chelsea FC till now, so in a nutshell the likeness i have BABAYARO drag me to supporting CHELSEA FC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by Great100000: 11:44am On Dec 28, 2019
As a Chelsea Fan my Happiest Moments are:

(1) When we (Chelsea) won first PREMIERSHIP TITLE in 2004/2005, FRANK LAMPARD SCORED both GOALS against Bolton at Reebok Stadium (BOLTON STADIUM).

(2) When Fernando Torres Scored last minute goal against BARCELONA, the GAME ended 2-2 and we qualified against all odds. (My Voice was so so so loud she he scored that Goal, I celebrated that Goal, the whole of FOOTBALL SHOW CENTER was buzzing for that Goal because lots of people supported Chelsea in that match, the following day in the morning the Newspaper Vendors area was so full and everyone was talking about that match, the crowd at the Newspaper vendors was so so huge and all what they are talking about is that Match, that match is one of the GREATEST MATCH ever, I even lost my voice for 2 days because of that match because of the Torres last minute goal

(3) When Chelsea Defeated BAYERN MUNICH at thier own Stadium to win our first Champions League Final.

So be sincere it's good and funs to be a Chelsea fan
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by reccy(m): 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
If I can still remember vividly, it was a game of Liverpool vs Chelsea 2007/2008 or so... I was sent an errand and I heard some people shouting, I was like why are these tout shouting now?? Let me find out... I just peeped and saw them watching some people running up and down chasing ball they set out on motion.....

How I watched the game to the very end remained a mystery. I was so glued to it that I forgot I was sent an errand and I found myself supporting people on blue Jersey... I could not even remember who won the match but I know that since that day, I started going there to check when is the blues having game.... I later learnt they are called Chelsea and my friends joined Chelsea through me and they are all happy except one that wants to be stubborn, he refused and became an Arsenal fan.....

My best moment was Chelsea vs Bayern.... Don't even know what to do.... It was just like dream.... But that Chelsea vs Barcelona was a dope... We drummed and sang round my area... Everyone knew these ones are Chelsea fans in celebration mode!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by demsy21(m): 10:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
I used to be a Valencia fan just because of their white jersey. Later, it was Madrid. I must admit my brother influenced my team of choice, ever since, I have been stuck with Hala Madrid. cool

1 Like

Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by adaperry25: 8:41am On Dec 29, 2019
Ronaldinho's magic in 2006 UCL made me love fc Barcelona to a fault...after his exit pep intensified my love for the club with his tiki Taka that dominated Europe for years and gave birth to maestros like Xavi, iniesta and Messi..till date it's been fc Barcelona cool

1 Like

Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by phoneaide: 9:49am On Dec 29, 2019
it was during a match between chelsea vs aston villa or wigan in 2010 the game ended 8-0, i went to my neighbors house to charge my phone then decided to see what they were watching immediately i sat down someone scored a sublime freekick and i got to know his name as frank lampard, didier drogba one of the reason i love that match got a brace the way he bullied the defenders was out of this world
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by Christology(m): 11:28am On Dec 29, 2019
nagod5:

Okay na keep it rolling

around the year 2003 I bought a belt with man united badge , and right there I became a unites fan
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by Christology(m): 11:28am On Dec 29, 2019
nagod5:

Okay na keep it rolling

around the year 2003 I bought a belt with man united badge , and right there I became a united fan
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by simiife: 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2019
I wasn't really into watching football then,I play but don't watch,no be I too sabi that time sef, wrestling was my best sport then,mo le wo wrestling pa.As I no con dey follow football like that,I hated d word called Barcelona, I had a friend that was a die hard Barcelona,I get angry anytime he mentions anything that had to do with Barcelona, I thought they were bullies, using their financial prowess to raid any club and make away with their best player, I thought they bought Messi,Xavi,Iniesta,Puyol and so on.

During this period, I never had anything called Jersey of a club, or a short that has any club design on it.Then one fateful day,my cousin bought me a boxer,you know those tight boxers that use to have some club badge on it,yes those ones,she bought me the one with Barcelona badge on it. That was how I fell in love in love with Barcelona. Then I later found out that the players I thought they bought were actually players they developed themselves, I was impressed, then I started watching Barcelona matches, and Messi just cemented the love, watching Messi has improved the way I play,I try to copy him since we have some common features,I'm short like Messi, I'm also left footed,planning to attend any scouting program after my jamb next year instead of staying at home doing nothing.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by Homers123(m): 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
I became a Chelsea fan in 1998 when my Dad bought me a Calendar of Celestine Babayaro wearing the Chelsea colors.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by gahdfrey(m): 2:38pm On Dec 29, 2019
Everytime,Chelsea fans and this goal

Like this is the best thing that has ever happened to them
Let it go abeg
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by nagod5(m): 2:15pm On Dec 30, 2019
Christology:

around the year 2003 I bought a belt with man united badge , and right there I became a unites fan

Lol very funny
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by rayblast(m): 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
Na my brother initiate me
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by Jflex07(m): 4:15pm On Dec 30, 2019
Mine was when I watched the champions league final between FC Porto and Monaco, even though I was a neutral fan and didn't support any club then, I was impressed by Porto and Jose mourinho in particular .During the next soccer season, mourinho left for Chelsea and i decided to stick with Chelsea FC ever since.. Chelsea as a football club has become a part and parcel of me, I follow them in almost every social media, each year I purchase full Chelsea kit for that football season .
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by nagod5(m): 2:22pm On Dec 31, 2019
Jflex07:
Mine was when I watched the champions league final between FC Porto and Monaco, even though I was a neutral fan and didn't support any club then, I was impressed by Porto and Jose mourinho in particular .During the next soccer season, mourinho left for Chelsea and i decided to stick with Chelsea FC ever since.. Chelsea as a football club has become a part and parcel of me, I follow them in almost every social media, each year I purchase full Chelsea kit for that football season .

Respect
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by 21cents: 4:00pm On Dec 31, 2019
tho I started watching football since 2012 but I was clubless. since way back then I only watch for fun and not knee-deep into it. I only watch without emotions and I was bored as I couldn't find any reason to support any club. I sat on the fence and became a UCL matches fan only.

But in UCL last season, damn! I watched Liverpool v Barca both home and away matches and I was so filled with emotions after Liverpool's triumph at anfield. Man I was so blown away watching Liverpool dominate a ruthless Barca with their gegenpressing style of play in the first leg at camp nou. tho Barca won 3-0, but I loved how those boys displayed their dexterity with the ball and passes. something I expected from barca. i wrote them off quickly but after watching the miracle come back goals in the second leg at 3-3 agg, I felt "THIS IS IT". I stood up from the bench and shouted "GOAL" with other viewers in an ecstatic mood that engulfed me after TAA played a fast one in the corner and knocked out Barca. i became a fan ever since and haven't missed any of their matches (EPL inclusive). Everytime I watched the highlights of the mactch on YouTube, it gives me goosebumps and always motivates me never to give up on anything even when you're knocked flat on the ground. YNWA
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by chucs: 4:10pm On Dec 31, 2019
GeniusWannabe:

Lol it has also been one of my best moments as a Chelsea fan, but the semifinal against Barcelona tops the list. That was because I had so much hatred for Barca resulting from the 2008/9 semifinal officiated by Ovrebo. I also considered them as the best team in the world. Seeing Torres getting that second goal made me go mad for some minutes Lol. Chelsea's victory that season was written in the stars, so much lesson to learn from it. I miss that squad.
I tell ya! The moment we won that semifinal with Terry sent off early in that match, I had a glimmer of hope that it could be Chelsea'syear. I still remeber that match vividly. The chip from Ramirez was out of no where and the icing of the cake by Torres. Orgasmic!!!
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by Jokerman(m): 4:22pm On Dec 31, 2019
David Beckham made me started supporting Man utd from 96 and Madrid 2003

Cristiano made me start supporting Juve 2018
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by mumumugu(m): 6:57pm On Dec 31, 2019
any club a Nigerian plays, I am a fan.

started with Celestine babayaro Chelsea, and KANU arsenal. now I am leceister fan.
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by Perfectbeing(m): 10:59pm On Dec 31, 2019
I've always loved the colour red as a little boy. Man Utd was just the first club I noticed was wearing a red jersey
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by tfash96(m): 2:45am On Jan 01, 2020
Thank God that Barcelona won that 2006 final if not I will be supporting that useless Arsenal of a thing.... MES QUE UN CLUB oooo.... We're blue and claret supporters....... King of Catalonia..Cules for life... Blaugrana ni wa
Re: How Did You Become A Fan Of Your Club (you Will Be Amazed By Responses) by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:59am On Jan 01, 2020
Mine was 2006 when Arsenal was in the champions league final against Barcelona. Though I was not a football fanatic before then but I had to watch cuz everybody was going to watch. I was impressed by how much passion Arsenal put into the game and how the ref robbed them of the silverware and I decided to become an Arsenal fan just to sympathize with them. That sympathy has since grown into love and now into passion.
I love the club. Even though things are not going so well for us, I still have some serious affection for Arsenal FC.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mamelodi Sundowns Win Inaugural Women's African Champions League In Cairo (PIX) / Bet Bigger With BETBABA / I guess im rooting for Togo now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.