Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project (31376 Views)

Sowore Lambasts Govt For Abandoning $360m Stadium In Abuja, Leaving It To Rot / Anambra Sextuplets: Residents Carpet Obi, Ekwunife, Uba, Others For Abandoning C / Chidi Lloyd Attacks Buhari For 'Abandoning' APC In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by nairalee(m): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
Aa
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Rexnegro(m): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
AtikuMeansJobs:
Nigeria is not rich. What Nigeria really needs now is to expand its economic base, we need to have more than 10 solid sectors firing all cylinders, i mean sectors that can employ a lot of people, instead of oil being d mainstay of our economy, build infrastructures from revenues from oil while building other sectors, invest in technical education, cut senators wage.... and we'll be alright.
I agree to all what u said but how do u cut senators wages and who will cut it down?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by brexit: 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
OBJ has no moral justification to open his mouth to criticize any government because his regime had the highest negative indicators including disobedience of rule of law, it could only be compared to that of Idiamin of Uganda, disrespect the spelling of the name we all know the person

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by okaforlazarus90(m): 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2019
TheOdd1sOut:

the only way Nigeria can be better is if the looting machines are caught and tried like sarki and co, they should be tried and frustrated for depriving the masses of basic needs and the bullion master who was chased out of Yankee will be stripped of his loots and also the red pig republic must be wiped out and Biafry must not.come.to.fruition Nigeria remains one
Why are people like you so scared of biafra coming to fruition as you put it. I thought you would be relieved at least.
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Basic123: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
ghettokid1:
Baba fearless saying the truth.
like he spoke the truth on GEJ cluelessness and GEJ training of snippers grin

L

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by comsirheed: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
baba no dey tire?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by IpobAntidote: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
I'll just like for Baba Iyabo to tell us what happened to the 16 BILLION DOLLARS FOR ELECTRICITY.

Abi that's too much to ask ni?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by SoNature(m): 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
AtikuMeansJobs:
Nigeria is not rich. What Nigeria really needs now is to expand its economic base, we need to have more than 10 solid sectors firing all cylinders, i mean sectors that can employ a lot of people, instead of oil being d mainstay of our economy, build infrastructures from revenues from oil while building other sectors, invest in technical education, cut senators wage.... and we'll be alright.

Utopian views

You have yet to understand your country

Keep wishing
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Viking007(m): 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
I was just discussing this with my neighbor today. The Lagos intra state rail would have been the game changer for the ever chaotic Lagos traffic.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
iLegendd:
A politician criticizing another politician is part of their games. I always ignore their words.

We shouldn't throw away the baby with the bathwater.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Kapilta(m): 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
If no be as e be ehn. I for lambast baba o. Cuz wetin he do himself to Lagos and yorubaland in general no be here.

Anyway, i hope Ibadan dream of this kinda project soon.

Let Yorubaland keep moving forward.
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by tfelicityk(m): 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
Nepotism in leadership is a disease if you the annionted is vision less ...
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Kapilta(m): 5:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
IpobAntidote:
I'll just like for Baba Iyabo to tell us what happened to the 16 BILLION DOLLARS FOR ELECTRICITY.

no mind obj. The way he himself was antagonizing that Lagos then because of Tinubu and even all his threats against Yorubaland then. If no be as e be. We for just leave OBJ make he dey en lane.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
Viking007:
I was just discussing this with my neighbor today. The Lagos intra state rail would have been the game changer for the ever chaotic Lagos traffic.

Look at a lot of money expended on that oshodi , yet the project could have been done in a cost effective way..and use the money for rail project.

All over the world rail investment is a money spinner even in a developed world.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
This man knows how to criticize, the same OBJ that couldn't account how he spent $16 billion on electricity. Ambode also fumbled, abandoned projects that could have helped Lagos state and Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by zoezoelogistics(m): 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
A lot of things worked against Ambode which culminated in his ouster.

This is just one of them.
Neglecting the Lagos developmental/growth blueprint, overambition (wanting to champion a new frontalline Of party men loyal to him as against the Jagaban of Borgu, an obvious affront against the old/devoted party men thereby cutting them off the state cake.

How many can we count.

All In all Na political inmaturity and initial gra gra kill am.
By now he should have learnt his lessons.

For me I would advise him to just go and relax and enjoy his loot. I foresee that if he makes an attempt at a political comeback , his enemies would show him the hidden files they have on him thus nailing him finally.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Saintly01(m): 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
AtikuMeansJobs:
You are very correct, your head dey reason well.
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by cooltola(m): 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
If the Lagos rail project was completed, traffic would have reduce but the agberos will not be happy because there will less danfos, okada, keke napep to harass. Ambode is still better than Sanwo olu , I wish he won again.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by praz001(m): 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
Father of corruption himself.....

He could have been the most celebrated Nigerian president had he overhaul the whole military decree and nonsense called constitution.....

He was in power for 8 good years without and achievement other than continuous increase of fuel price.....

Papa vs pikin... who cares undecided

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by oluwasegun007(m): 5:40pm On Dec 28, 2019
We all know Ambode F up but sanwo olu is not just it...
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Azejellek(m): 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
Same feather
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by praz001(m): 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
cooltola:
If the Lagos rail project was completed, traffic would have reduce but the agberos will not be happy because there will less danfos, okada, keke napep to harass. Ambode is still better than Sanwo olu , I wish he won again.

My thought before but not any more.....
This sanwolu man will be the next gr8 governor after fashola....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Xisnin(m): 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
OgunLaakaye:
grin grin grin

Coming from a president that abandoned Nigeria as a whole for 8 years

$16,000,000,000

Nigerians will never forget!

A private investment-GSM he claims to be his achievement

Stop falling for propaganda.
That $16 billion doesn't exist.
OBJ's contribution to Nigeria cannot be matched by the Aso Rock general if given a 100 years free ride.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by oodua1stson: 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2019
TheOdd1sOut:

the only way Nigeria can be better is if the looting machines are caught and tried like sarki and co, they should be tried and frustrated for depriving the masses of basic needs and the bullion master who was chased out of Yankee will be stripped of his loots and also the red pig republic must be wiped out and Biafry must not.come.to.fruition Nigeria remains one
if you're not trolling and these are your real thoughts then you're surely on your way to full blown lunacy
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Asour: 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
ijustdey:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/obasanjo-knocks-ambode-for-abandoning-lagos-rail-project/

I once saw a documentary that harped that Light rail projects (popularized in America has never been successful in populous cities). It's possible that more than 300M$ has been put into lightrails in Nigeria already. Wow!
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Xisnin(m): 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
wink2015:

WHAT OF EX-PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN WHO FAILED TO COMPLETE THE EAST WEST ROAD THAT EVEN CONNECT HIS NATIVE BAYELSA STATE.

HE WAS BUSY WITH THE PLEASURE OF HIS OFFICE UNTIL THE TRICKISH HAUSA/FULANI ALIGNED WITH THE SOUTH WEST TO KICK HIS ASS FROM ASO ROCK VILLA.

For close to 6 years, ex-president Jonathan did not know what to do with power.

He was a confused person with so much money he was controlling at the federal level.

Now NDDC TREASURY has been emptied with the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari ( rtd ) ordering a forensic audit to find out details of the looting.

NDDC doesn't have a treasury, neither does most government ministry.
You can't empty what wasn't there in the budget.
FYI, budget is not treasury. It operates on the receive and spend model.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by erinalex: 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
IpobAntidote:

But u never bothered to ask OBJ these questions when Baba was busy campaigning for Atiku and abusing PMB round the country.

My advice for u is, see all Nigerians politicians as rogues; non should be trusted, regardless of their party's affiliation .

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Nat404: 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
iLegendd:
A politician criticizing another politician is part of their games. I always ignore their words.
OBJ has suddenly become holy. He's one of the politicians who put Nigeria in a mess.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by ekestic1976(f): 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
Obasanjo, a pot calling the kettle black! You abandoned Ibadan to Ilorin road midway; you couldn't complete Lagos-Ibadan road; your hometown, Abeokuta didn't feel any impact of your 8-year rule - you failed to complete the Abeokuta-Lagos road: still, you get mouth to criticise Ambode. Never seen anything like Obasanjo's grandstanding and hypocrisy in all my years, I tell you!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Sirjamo: 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
sureheaven:
And how many rail projects did Obasanjo himself commission during his 8 years as the president of Nigeria.

This old man better keep kwayet
He did not even commission up to 200 km of roads in the whole of Nigeria, talk more of rail.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Okoroawusa: 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2019
updatechange:
Obasanjo is the only reasonable leader in Nigeria according to history.
How? Because he is delivering in speeches, lectures, symposiums n conferences what he should have delivered as a president for 8 years?

He is lucky he is not in prison

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by semyman: 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
See Grandpa weh e mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dickson Hosts Obasanjo, Goodluck Jonathan And Patience To A Dinner (Photos) / Ekiti: MURIC Speaks On Why Fayemi Must Appoint Muslim Cabinet / APC NWC: Buhari Not Aware Of Invitation For NEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.