Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project (31397 Views)

Sowore Lambasts Govt For Abandoning $360m Stadium In Abuja, Leaving It To Rot / Anambra Sextuplets: Residents Carpet Obi, Ekwunife, Uba, Others For Abandoning C / Chidi Lloyd Attacks Buhari For 'Abandoning' APC In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Eastlink(m): 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
Basic123:

You guys are foolishness personified now...No need to bring you in grin

but, suddenly you started loving him grin

foolish confused hypocritical stupid people!
Your reverse psychology won't work on me. It may work on illiterate IPOB youth not us. Ambode's defeat in the polls was your loss not ours. You lots push him into his demise.
Sanwo-Olu is our man, you bigots should deal with it. Cry me a river.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by CaptainFM1: 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
ghettokid1:

Can it be possible?

Partially correct. Nigeria is not rich, and even the little we have are not being properly manage.

That's the irony!
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Oduduwa707: 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
OgunLaakaye:
grin grin grin

Coming from a president that abandoned Nigeria as a whole for 8 years

$16,000,000,000

Nigerians will never forget!

A private investment-GSM he claims to be his achievement

Don't also forget he cleared all Nigeria's debt while in office.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by sulaak(m): 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
Asour:

I once saw a documentary that harped that Light rail projects (popularized in America has never been successful in populous cities). It's possible that more than 300M$ has been put into lightrails in Nigeria already. Wow!

Why Light Rail is better than Bus Rapid Transit - The Armchair Urbanist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGUk-GypkNs

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Olaolufred(m): 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
feedthenation:
OBJ should discuss more about the various abandoned projects during his 8 year administration. Lagos-ibadan, Ogbomosho-Ilorin, Benin-Ore, Ilorin-Mokwa-Jebba-Abuja, the power projects, etc.

Agba alainitiju.
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Egbetuaaa: 8:43pm On Dec 28, 2019
[s]
Oduduwa707:

Don't also forget he cleared all Nigeria's debt while in office.
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by GermanPoison(m): 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
Obasanjo should keep quiet he did nothing reasonable during is tenure
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by GermanPoison(m): 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2019
Obasanjo should keep quiet he did nothing reasonable during is tenure
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by bizzibodi(m): 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2019
Obj brain started working fine after he left asorock,which rail or roads did he build. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by DKNY777: 9:36pm On Dec 28, 2019
This is a big lie. Construction has been ongoing for the past 2 years plus. I pass there everyday and it’s always busy with CCECC. the facts are there anyone can go check. The rail has passed Eko bridge over the water to marina. All sorts of innuendo against Ambode’s Legacy.
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by mikeapollo: 9:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
ijustdey:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/obasanjo-knocks-ambode-for-abandoning-lagos-rail-project/

Obasajo should shut up!
What did he do about Lagos-Ibadan expresswsy and other major federal roads when he was president for 8 years. Not to talk about the $16bn spent on power with nothing to show for the huge money.
Shameless hypocrite!
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Pjaymez: 9:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
sureheaven:
And how many rail projects did Obasanjo himself commission during his 8 years as the president of Nigeria.

This old man better keep kwayet
Pls, how old are you?
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by nograv: 10:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
Ambo was useless... When I saw rubbish piling up due to his stupid visionscape idea I knew he was a clown

In truth I am glad he is gone..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by palmshots: 11:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
AtikuMeansJobs:
Nigeria is not rich. What Nigeria really needs now is to expand its economic base, we need to have more than 10 solid sectors firing all cylinders, i mean sectors that can employ a lot of people, instead of oil being d mainstay of our economy, build infrastructures from revenues from oil while building other sectors, invest in technical education, cut senators wage.... and we'll be alright.

Wow Nice analysis... Just that if them give you chance now...we all know how it's gonna end.. You think Everybody don't know what's Right??
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by webngnews: 11:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
And what did he do for 8 years on lagos Ibadan express
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by alexola20(m): 12:07am On Dec 29, 2019
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by omohayek: 12:14am On Dec 29, 2019
I don't know what all of you criticizing Obasanjo for his alleged failures and "hypocrisy" think you're achieving: whatever he may or may not have done during his 8 years as President has absolutely no bearing on the correctness of his assertions about Ambode, assertions which would still be correct even if they were being made the devil himself; or do you think the truth of the statement "2 + 2 = 4" depends on the character of the person making it?

By all means have at Obasanjo for his many, many flaws as a human being, but don't deceive yourself that in doing so you're poking any holes in his argument (not that your rants will achieve anything more than giving you an outlet for your personal frustrations, seeing as its highly unlikely Obasanjo spends his time on Nairaland going through his mentions ...). The fact is that Ambode displayed misplaced priorities right from the start of his governorship, and his neglect of the rail project was just one of many such examples. To the extent that Ambode retains any support on forums like this one, it comes mainly from people who don't even live in Lagos and who don't care how the state is governed as long as the person they're backing is seen as somehow against Tinubu, never mind why that might be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Arkeray1: 12:17am On Dec 29, 2019
Sure odd of 2 for 2morow game

Arsenal vs chelsea... Arsenal to score

Mancity vs Sheffield united...mancity 2 win

Bristol city vs Luton...over8.5 corner

Empoil vs livorno... Empoli to score

Follow me at arkeray10 on Instagram For more games
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by ajl: 12:35am On Dec 29, 2019
AtikuMeansJobs:
Nigeria is not rich. What Nigeria really needs now is to expand its economic base, we need to have more than 10 solid sectors firing all cylinders, i mean sectors that can employ a lot of people, instead of oil being d mainstay of our economy, build infrastructures from revenues from oil while building other sectors, invest in technical education, cut senators wage.... and we'll be alright.

Will this ever be possible with our gluttonous executives and most especially lawmakers who want to do ordinary renovation of senate building for N37 billion ($105 million). Now that amount almost match what could be used to build a rail line few decades ago.
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by AreaFada2: 12:58am On Dec 29, 2019
AtikuMeansJobs:

Dude we never ready anything. If not 9ja would be a massive IT/ICT hub. Developing apps, doing IT jobs at cheaper rate than even India, cornering a big junk of the international market sector online.

Just take ICT, healthcare, arts/culture and tourism sectors alone. Drastically improve security, give visa on arrival to most Western countries and see tourism sector boom. Promote Nollywood & film crews from across the world will be coming to film in Nigeria. Consolidate existing tourist destinations.

Connect these places with fast trains. Travelling from Osun-Osogbo sacred groves to see ancient Benin moats/ramparts will be a doddle. From Yankari Game Reserve to ancient city of Kano will be within a few hours of train travel. Instead of losing healthcare manpower to other countries. we can become a medical tourism destination.

A few billion dollars of stolen oil money can achieve all the above.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Nobody: 1:31am On Dec 29, 2019
8 years abi 12 years ? he did 4 before
sureheaven:
And how many rail projects did Obasanjo himself commission during his 8 years as the president of Nigeria.

This old man better keep kwayet
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by sulaak(m): 1:57am On Dec 29, 2019
AreaFada2:

Dude we never ready anything. If not 9ja would be a massive IT/ICT hub. Developing apps, doing IT jobs at cheaper rate than even India, cornering a big junk of the international market sector online.

Just take ICT, healthcare, arts/culture and tourism sectors alone. Drastically improve security, give visa on arrival to most Western countries and see tourism sector boom. Promote Nollywood & film crews from across the world will be coming to film in Nigeria. Consolidate existing tourist destinations.

Connect these places with fast trains. Travelling from Osun-Osogbo sacred groves to see ancient Benin moats/ramparts will be a doddle. From Yankari Game Reserve to ancient city of Kano will be within a few hours of train travel. Instead of losing healthcare manpower to other countries. we can become a medical tourism destination.

A few billion dollars of stolen oil money can achieve all the above.

Give visa on arrival to most Western countries and see tourism sector boom. Visa on arrival to Western tourist will only boost prostitution.
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by AreaFada2: 1:59am On Dec 29, 2019
sulaak:

Give visa on arrival to most Western countries and see tourism sector boom. Visa on arrival to Western tourist will only boost prostitution.
So you think only men seeking prostitutes will come? Many will be couples and families.

Morocco & Tunisia have free visa to tourists from many Western countries. I have enjoyed it many times. No prostitutes ever wanted or needed.

In the 1990s, some people in Nigeria opposed GSM because they thought armed robbers will be using it to communicate and operate more easily. grin cheesy

So roadside food & petrol bottle sellers were using mobile phones in Cotonou years before big men began using them in Nigeria.

Always harness the positive and strategize against the negative side of things if needs be.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by ForbesHomesNG(m): 4:23am On Dec 29, 2019
updatechange:
Obasanjo is the only reasonable leader in Nigeria according to history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Basic123: 5:58am On Dec 29, 2019
Eastlink:
Your reverse psychology won't work on me. It may work on illiterate IPOB youth not us. Ambode's defeat in the polls was your loss not ours. You lots push him into his demise.
Sanwo-Olu is our man, you bigots should deal with it. Cry me a river.

Sanwo-Olu is your man again.

well,you guys have always been a confused Aboki slaves

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by airminem(f): 8:04am On Dec 29, 2019
The kings and queens didnt allow AMBODE to his rbsponsibility and duty
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Tareq1105: 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
olumide3367:
No wonder he was commoted

Ambode may have been removed for good reasons by the person that brought him.

However, Obasanjo should shut up his mouth on the claim that Ambode made Buhari to commission an uncompleted Bus Terminus.

We all witnessed this old man at the tail end of his administration commissioned Papa Lanto Power stations without gas.

4 yrs after, Jonathan too came to commission same project.

Baba should stop talking bcoz he's part of our problems.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by updatechange(m): 1:18pm On Dec 29, 2019
Okoroawusa:

How? Because he is delivering in speeches, lectures, symposiums n conferences what he should have delivered as a president for 8 years?

He is lucky he is not in prison

You surely lack the basic history of Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by Okoroawusa: 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2019
updatechange:

You surely lack the basic history of Nigeria.
Hahahahaha!

Up there was not what I had in mind as a reply.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by sulaak(m): 11:27pm On Dec 30, 2019
AreaFada2:

So you think only men seeking prostitutes will come? Many will be couples and families.

Morocco & Tunisia have free visa to tourists from many Western countries. I have enjoyed it many times. No prostitutes ever wanted or needed.

In the 1990s, some people in Nigeria opposed GSM because they thought armed robbers will be using it to communicate and operate more easily. grin cheesy

So roadside food & petrol bottle sellers were using mobile phones in Cotonou years before big men began using them in Nigeria.

Always harness the positive and strategize against the negative side of things if needs be.

My friend, Nigeria is not a friendly country to visit, too many hustlers, corrupt police, inefficient services and poor infrastructures, the only thing that is cheap and easily available are ashewos.
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by AreaFada2: 11:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
sulaak:

My friend, Nigeria is not a friendly country to visit, too many hustlers, corrupt police, inefficient services and poor infrastructures, the only thing that is cheap and easily available are ashewos.
Read my first post before I posted the response to another person's comment. I clearly stated what needs to be done first to make it conducive to tourism.

There's prostitution in Thailand but tourism is still vital to their economy. As insecure and notorious Nigeria currently is, even visa free won't attract patrons of prostitutes. grin cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project by sulaak(m): 11:42pm On Dec 30, 2019
AreaFada2:

Read my first post before I posted the response to another person's comment. I clearly stated what needs to be done first to make it conducive to tourism.
There's prostitution in Thailand but tourism is still vital to the economy. As insecure and notorious Nigeria currently is, even visa free won't attract patrons of prostitutes. grin cheesy

Have you been to Thailand, tourism is important to their country but at a high cost to the moral and social development of the country. Thailand is known as the sex capital of the world for a reason and the consequence cannot be imagined. I will rather forgo the benefit of tourism, than the crazy prostitution going on in that country. When mother openly sell they children for sex and young men become ladyboys for foreign tourist.

The only tourist that will be brave to patronise Nigeria today will be foreign hustlers and sex tourist. Nigeria has a terrible reputation in the international community.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army Discovers Burnt Corpses Of Policemen & Cannibalism In ESN Imo Camp / CCT Trial: 5 Punishments Saraki Will Face If Found Guilty / Pictures From Peter Obi's Presidential Campaign Rally In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.