Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,118 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:23 AM

Caf African Player Of The Year 2005 Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Caf African Player Of The Year 2005 Award (1474 Views)

2014 CAF African Women's Championship - Namibia 2014 / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / CAF African Nations Championship: South Africa 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Caf African Player Of The Year 2005 Award by carlosb: 2:47am On Jan 22, 2006
I will like to use this opportunity to the builder of this website and forum,please well to advertise it even further.
Coming to the CAF African Player of the Year 2005 Award,i will like to make certain remarks;
1-Nominated player are selected based upon their achievements that year.
2-Nominated player are not selected based upon the fact that their teams qualified for this or that,it might have some added advantage.
3-It does not depend on the country you come from or the club you play in.
4-It does not depend on politics or how how rich you are.

BUT AND BUT,it solely depend on your personal talents in the game of soccer and how u can bring people to enjoy it.I think that is all what soccer is all about.Person talents means being able to use your skills and coordinate with your team mates in a pitch of football.Thereby actively participating toward achieving victory for your team.That is the notion of a good player and i think that it is base on this facts that the CAF African Player of the Year shall be nominated and thereafter chosen.
King Weah Opon George never QUALIFIED he country for any African cup final nor played any before winning this award in 1995.Never when to world cup but won the FIFA world player of the year 1995.But he proved beyond doubt in all his matches that year both for his country and the team he was playing-in that year that he was the best.So he was.He was awarded that tittle not because he was rich,not because of the country he came from nor be any political influence from somewhere.Indeed,he was reward for his talent and his game quality.
Africa is full of many talented and dynamic players,most of whom have shown their abilities last year bot for their country side and their club side.Thank you very much,you make us prove.
At this point in time,i think we should reflect a bit,and give this award to the player that make us the more prove,that lifted highest the banner of the African flag,Continent and African colour.
Eto,o,Drogba,Essien,e.t.c All worked in that directing,making the continent prove most especially their respective countries.
My selection goes to The Cameroonian Eto,o Fils who have relentlessly especially abroad for his club site make us prove the the world that we too shall one day became the masters of that game by winning three major awards last year.That is :-Amongst The three best European gaol scorers,-Best FIFA striker and third best world player of the year 2005.
If this is not enough where were others when all this awards were being showered upon him.And again he is the highest gaol scorer in his club,in the la liga and in the whole of European leagues.
Tittles attributed to Eto,o is as follows;
- Two times Best gaol scorer for his club side Mallorca(Spain)
- Two Spanish cups( Copa Del Rey) with Mallorca(Spain-2002-2003)
- One Spanish super cup with Barcelona(span-2005)
- One Spanish league championship with Barcelona(Spain-2005)
- Two African nation cup(Cameroon-2000-2002)
- One Olympic Soccer gold medal.(Cameroon-2001)
- Two times Best African player of the year.(2003-2004)
- Finalist Cup of Confederation(2003)
- FIFA World best striker(2005)
- FIFA third world best player(2005)
- Two participations to the senior world cup(1998-2002) shocked?
What next? SOME ARE GOOD BUT ETO,O FILS IS JUST TO MUCH.CHECK OUT FOR YOU SELF........................ ETO,O IT IS YOUR REIGN. NA YOU WE KNOW. CHEERS lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia / 7 Tips/ 7 Won Yesterday, Check For Ur Today 100% Betting Tips / Why I Fight With Lionel Messi And Neymar - Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.