Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng (20199 Views)

Cost Of Rent In Bayelsa State| Cotenant.ng / Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng / Cost Of Rent In Osun State Nigeria | Cotenant.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by Nickisindigo(m): 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
Frank25:
ur mate dy live 4 lekki or victoria island u cme dy live ojuelegba nd u think say ur village people no follow u cme city
the last time I entered Lagos was in 2009
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by sundayoluwatimi(m): 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
1. Insist on seeing the last bill if the house uses analog meter.

2. Be sure to place ventilation as an important factor.

3. Check the water quality well. You should be able to drink it or cook with it.

4. Check the piping work to be sure there is no leakage into the wall.

8 Likes

Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by MARX77(m): 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
CotenantNIG:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to our numerous readers

https://cotenant.ng/safety-tips-when-renting-a-property-in-lagos/

Your site is down

2 Likes

Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by Egbetuaaa: 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
[s]
post=85299230:

Then Stay put in your village.

*singing*
Awa la ni lagos (na we get this Lagos)
Eyin le ni ile yin,
Sho mo dangote
Cement won lo fi ko ile yin.........
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by Egbetuaaa: 8:50pm On Dec 28, 2019
[s]
post=85299192:
Very good thread by the OP.

Thanks for the tips,

It is surely important for those moving apartments as from January.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by PHENOMCHICKSON: 8:50pm On Dec 28, 2019
Shibaraba:
Good points. Some though can't be feasible.

I've not seen me landlord since I moved in. Na agent dey collect money. Landlord wey dey Yankee. Where he get time?

Important!!!!!!
If na storey building check If those wey dey upper flats na ondo. Trust me this information dey too important.
Once dem be ondo collect your money run. (with respect to them o. I'm not been tribalistic)
Those guys can pound yam for Africa. And na when you dey reason the pounding dey start. Kpom kpom kpom kpom. It was so bad I no dey sleep house again that year. The man comes late. And na late hour he dey pound. And once the sound wake me no more sleep for me.

Hahahah! Your comment just made my today

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by BrainSanitizer: 8:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
Change your locks immediately. Very important.
As soon as you move in, locate the nearest kparaga joint, declare some bottles for area boys and girls. You're good to go.
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by Surulereman(m): 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
Ensure the property has a prepaid meter or that that the bills on the post paid meter don't have huge unpaid arrears. Look out for structural/ facility defects and agree on who will effect the repairs. Ask for sample tenancy agreement and insist on signing one if Legal/Agreement fee is collected from you. Collect receipts for all paymenyd made by you. After collecting the keys, change the cylinder locks to the front and back doors, no matter how new the property may be.

2 Likes

Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by LuverBoi16(m): 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
post=85299230:

Then Stay put in your village.

*singing*
Awa la ni lagos (na we get this Lagos)
Eyin le ni ile yin,
Sho mo dangote
Cement won lo fi ko ile yin.........
datz ryt let dem go to their village. E le fi omo ifa wee dangote. No place as lively as lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by DCTrendy(m): 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
Don’t kuku rent in Lagos sef buy instead.
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by Myself2(m): 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
Shibaraba:

Those guys can pound yam for Africa. And na when you dey reason the pounding dey start. Kpom kpom kpom kpom. It was so bad I no dey sleep house again that year. The man comes late. And na late hour he dey pound. And once the sound wake me no more sleep for me.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:19pm On Dec 28, 2019
ednut1:
land wey omonile go take or estate agents go claim excision in progress

Uncle, there are land with already approved Excision and some with c of o within and around Ibeju-Lekki.

I will give you an Estate with approved Excision from 1.5m, 2.7m, 3m and so on. I will give you their coordinates through which you can conduct your personal search on it.

You have the option of going for 300sqm (half plot).

I guess the Consultant that introduced the one you bought didn't explain to you better and the company also didn't do well enough not to have allocate your portion since 2016 or so.

I can send you proof of those that bought land with even Excision in process just 4 months ago at Ibeju-Lekki through our company have gotten their plots and I've helped some in putting up their corner piece.

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by Shigobaba(m): 9:22pm On Dec 28, 2019
You have done a good job.
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by GregJames(m): 9:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
INTEGRITYA1:
Nice one though, if you're paying let say constant rate of 500k per annum as rent, it means in 10years you must have pay 5m to your landlord.

2020 is here, let up our games and choose more reliable path.
Once you're financially able to, plan, buy your own land and secure the future.

Here you meet real estate Consultant, buy land and wait.

Good advice but will you pay for land and be sleeping under bridge?
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by dontheory: 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
Please ask for utilities bills
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
GregJames:

Good advice but will you pay for land and be sleeping under bridge?

Go for low cost rent and start planning on building your own palace small small.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by KillerBeauty(f): 9:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
All the house hunting I did last year I went alone to unfamiliar places.

Na God dey save person.

Even if you go with a male friend doesn't guarantee you and the guy won't be robbed or attacked.

Again only God protects us

3 Likes

Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by romeorailss: 9:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
All I'm seeing in your links are shared shared apartment. Nawa o .

Na everybody go like share ? angry

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by tete7000(m): 9:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
Frank25:
ur mate dy live 4 lekki or victoria island u cme dy live ojuelegba nd u think say ur village people no follow u cme city

Lekki where flood dey torment them at the peak of rain every year.
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by erifeoluwasimi(f): 9:48pm On Dec 28, 2019
For rent and purchase of apartment and houses on the island(ikoyi, Victoria Island,lekki, VGC, Ajah, ibeju lekki etc) contact us on https:///2347087392167
We get you the best deals
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by martooski(m): 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
Please check NEPA and Other utility bill.
Avoid story that touch
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
Avoid Yoruba tenants at all cost
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by Nicur: 10:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
INTEGRITYA1:
Nice one though, if you're paying let say constant rate of 500k per annum as rent, it means in 10years you must have pay 5m to your landlord.

2020 is here, let up our games and choose more reliable path.
Once you're financially able to, plan, buy your own land and secure the future.

Here you meet real estate Consultant, buy land and wait.

lol nonsense some pay 5m in a year tongue

2 Likes

Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by Reallbiz10: 10:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
Do you know you can make *N400,000* and above from Real Estate Investment annually without risk involved?

We introduce to you a real estate investment scheme designed and custom made for the average Nigerian to earn rental income from Hostel Accomodation across Universities in Nigeria.

With just N1,500,000 investment, you have an opportunity of earning the Sum of *N400,000 yearly* on *A slot (2 Units of Hostel Apartment) of the Hostel Scheme* which is subject to an upward review for a *period of Ten (10 years)*

Wouldn’t you rather join the rare investment vehicle now?

You might not have this offer anywhere else.

Don’t let this opportunity pass you by

Invest with us now

For more information and enquiry call: Check my signature
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by Imnaknus: 10:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
CotenantNIG:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to our numerous readers...
I need an apartment in Obalende. Can you help?
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by asahnwaKC: 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
The last point is very important....always ask ppl living in side or around the house
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by wheesin(m): 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2019
Don't forget to add no renting of house during dry season
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by technicallyrich(m): 10:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
Also remember that lagos is a no mans land and contrary to what people think dont belong to yoruba muslims. and someday the real owners of lagos will take back their land.
Yoi want to know the real owners right.
I will tell you later.
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2019
Nicur:

lol nonsense some pay 5m in a year tongue

Boss, na so. I just chose to mentioned not too big figurs.
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by iiamharkinwaley: 10:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
Nice one Op

We buy gifts cards in bulk, view my signature for more details
Re: Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng by webngnews: 11:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
The only safety tips is iron hand

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rescue Efforts At Site Of Building Collapse In Lagos (Pics, Video) / Professionals Should Help With Their Opinions On This Building Plan / MASSIVE DISCOUNT! APO ROCK VILLA ABUJA, NOW SELLING N60M. DON'T MISS IT!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.