Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Dont Look Back - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dont Look Back (346 Views)

Is This History About Casava True Because I Dont Believe / Top 3 Ongoing Stories Of The Month You Dont Want To Miss / HOT STORY: Read Sister Mary Series..a True Story... Dont Mis$!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Look Back by phoneaide: 11:06am On Dec 29, 2019
Episode 1

It all began on a cool Friday morning, the serene environment was quiet, children were headed for school, parents were all already going to work. i was left alone in my bedsitter apartment, thinking out loud how to change my miserable condition.

I lost my job six months back as a marketing manager in one of the fast rising marketing/advertising companies in Delta state after failing to meet the required target for 3 straight months.

Earlier on in March the managing director had called me to her office and in her lengthy discussion highlighted all my major shortcomings. Mrs. Blossom Oritse is a very strict woman and also a business minded personnel, working with her has not being easy.

She always wanted everyone to be up and running and whenever any staff fails to meet up his/her required target for the month there was bound to be trouble.
Re: Dont Look Back by Abid2020(m): 11:13am On Dec 29, 2019
Next
Re: Dont Look Back by phoneaide: 11:26am On Dec 29, 2019
My name is Ovie Rex Obodo from the oil rich community of Eruemukohwarien, my parents were separated when i was barely 12 and being the first child i stayed with my grandma in the village.
she took care of me and she made sure my basic needs were always taken care of even though she was not rich.
After writing my waec in Adagwe Grammar School and coming out with the best overall result, i was rewarded with a scholarship to study in any university of my choice.
I was very happy and that motivated me to read even harder for my post utme examination.
i would say from my first day in primary down to my first year in the tertiary institution was a very smooth ride, i never knew things were going to change in the twinkle of an eye
First of all i lost my Grandma who had always taken care of me even when my parents abandoned me, my Dad i only saw him once in a blue moon while my mom cant remember the last time we saw.
After grandma's death it began to dawn on me, i had to start fending for myself and i must confess...
Re: Dont Look Back by phoneaide: 11:55am On Dec 29, 2019
It wasn't easy carrying concrete and doing all sort of menial jobs to keep body and soul together.
I was a chocolated skin chubby guy in my early twenty looking for part time work wasn't easy as the engineers seeing my look believed i was lazy and couldn't do the job well.
Truth be told i was a pampered kid maybe because my grandma didn't want me to go through stress.
My first day carrying concrete wasn't fun at all.
After alot of pleading, the Engineer decided to give me a try and told me to transfer blocks up stairs since they were short of blocks up stair.
I took the first block upstair and i was waving up and down, after much trial i was able to take it there.
on to the next block as i was climbing, i tripped on one foot and before i could know what was happening the next thing i heared was GBOSAAAA and i passed out
i woke up to find myself in the hospital, hearing some side gossip, "oga i tell you say make we no collect this boy you know hear see now the last money when dey na we wan take pay he bill"
Re: Dont Look Back by phoneaide: 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2019
I opened my eyes to meet the Engineer with some strange persons standing close to my bed looking seriously troubled only to discover it was some of the labourers.
One of the women immediately ran to the doctor to inform him i was awake.
As the woman was leaving Edna my course mate rush into the ward sweating shouting where is he, where is my Ovie? asking no body in particular.
She came to the bed where i was lying down and asked how i was feeling with series of plenty questions.
Ovie have you eating, before i could mutter an answer she dash outside to get me something to eat.
The Doctor was back with the woman, holding a syringe filled to the brim and he told me once i took the injection i was free to go the next day but he wants me to eat first before he gives it to me.
I hated syringe and whenever i was sick and my grandma took me to the nearby pharmacy for injection the looks of the pharmacist wasnt encouraging.
Re: Dont Look Back by phoneaide: 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2019
your constructive criticism and comments are highly welcomed

(1) (Reply)

Poem_covid-19 / What Doest Thou, My Soul? / Lets G○ P○eming (a P●etry Class)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.