Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Is This History About Casava True Because I Dont Believe - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is This History About Casava True Because I Dont Believe (456 Views)

BELIEVE - A Romance Story / Please Help Me Explain This Broadly, I Dont Understand It / HOT STORY: Read Sister Mary Series..a True Story... Dont Mis$!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This History About Casava True Because I Dont Believe by kannex: 10:56am On Aug 11, 2021
I was just strolling round the internet and i decided to stop the strolling immediately when i get to wikipedia.com website so i was just reading a lot of history about diffrent people then i my mind just asked me to search casava, immediately i search for casava i started reading, after reading few lines of the article, i saw something that made me surprise and decided to stop reading further because i believe the history about casava in nigeria was a lie, according to wikipedia this is what i saw on Wikipedia website corcerning casava in nigeria.

Originally a crop of South America, it was introduced in to Nigeria's southern part during the period of slave trade proliferated by Portuguese explorers and colonizers in the sixteenth century. However, its importance to the country got a boost in the late nineteenth century when more formerly enslaved Nigerians returned to their homeland and introduced processing techniques. Over the years, it has become a major economic sustenance crop and it has attained the status of largest producer in the world with recorded production of 34 million tonnes and is a cash crop of great importance to the people of Nigeria.

To me i dont believe this history but if this history is true, answer this questions to prove that the history on casava in nigeria that is written on wikipedia website is true.

1. If casava was originally brough in to the southern part of nigeria by the Portuguese then what food was the southern part of nigeria eaten before the Portuguese arrived.

2. According to wikipedia, processing technique was only introduce to nigeria by formerly enslaved Nigerians who were returning to their home land which means that casava was just planted and was never being used to process garri or fufu, until the 19th century now my question is was the casava just planted in the southern part of nigeria without it been used or process to garri or fufu?.

3. wikipedia said that formerly enslaved Nigerians introduce the processing technique, how did this people came to know about this processing technique when garrri or fufu was not found or been sold in any north american countries.

4. If the processing technique was introduce in the 19th century, What was this people used in eating afang, oha, efo, egusi and other soup that that was been prepared by this people was it stone..

Please help me answer this questions to prove me wrong that the history concerning casava in nigeria is true according to wikipedia

https://www.0.freebasics.com/https/en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassava_production_in_Nigeria?iorg_service_id_internal=1547440102204384%3BAfp_7UzuI5vH3XX_
Re: Is This History About Casava True Because I Dont Believe by duro4chang(m): 10:59am On Aug 11, 2021
If you read from the internet, almost all crops came from abroad. What then we're out forefathers eating before the white men came?
Re: Is This History About Casava True Because I Dont Believe by babasolution: 11:01am On Aug 11, 2021
Read p.diamond, germs,guns and steel,you will understand African history better.The truth is that Africa didn't have a lot of food choices, that were natural to the environment, this contributed to Africa's slow progress
Re: Is This History About Casava True Because I Dont Believe by mountmoriah(m): 11:01am On Aug 11, 2021
Food for thought, if u ask me who I go ask, my father is dead, my mother is dead, that can share more light to this, their fathers, father's too are all dead.
Re: Is This History About Casava True Because I Dont Believe by criuze(m): 11:01am On Aug 11, 2021
Cassava came to settle the case

He now have to carry the whole burden
Re: Is This History About Casava True Because I Dont Believe by kannex: 11:09am On Aug 11, 2021
duro4chang:
If you read from the internet, almost all crops came from abroad. What then we're out forefathers eating before the white men came?

My broda i wonder oo because u can just come and tel me that the Portuguese brough casava to nigeria and this people have been eating oha soup long before the arival of the Portuguese.
Re: Is This History About Casava True Because I Dont Believe by duro4chang(m): 11:16am On Aug 11, 2021
kannex:

My broda i wonder oo because u can just come and tel me that the Portuguese brough casava to nigeria and this people have been eating oha soup long before the arival of the Portuguese.
I wonder o.

(1) (Reply)

God Owes Me - My Story So Far. / ��office Support (episode 1) / Weed Against Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.