Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Check Out This Beautiful Poem - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Check Out This Beautiful Poem (1112 Views)

Black Is Beautiful (poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out This Beautiful Poem by deezoneclu: 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2010
Poetry is beautiful. It is divine and natural. The splendor of poetry is greatly appreciated by Wordpress as this: "coding is poetry".

I love to write poems. This poem carefully depicts a pregnant woman who suddenly feels her stomach turn and cries for help. Luckily, her husband comes to her rescue. On getting to the hospital, the doctors and nurses (green and white masquerades) asks her to push. Eventually, the boy comes out crying.

Even though I am not a lady, I do feel for pregnant women who go through the pain of delivery. Obviously, this poem is dedicated to them. Here it goes:

Swiftly it came like a thief in the night

Legs seized – heavy burden to carry

Stomach turned – new boy cannot tarry

Sweats slide hurriedly on the body; pain flows through the soul

Expression was lost, only one word remained-

Help!

Gathering all strength she yelled out

Grabbing the knob and constantly refusing to be overcome by this terror of Eve

In a moment that seemed like eternity

Alas! Unbearable eternity

Honey rushed in to assist; hauling her to the metallic machine

And receiving the unwelcome rewards of wails and howls

Suddenly, green and white masquerades walled her

"Push!" to the pain-bearer they say

This poem is a sonnet (14 lines) and I wish you enjoyed it. Please feel free to tell me what you feel about my poem.

To read similar articles, please visit my website www.davexpression
Re: Check Out This Beautiful Poem by yachtsman: 1:40pm On Dec 12, 2010
this poem's really nice.keep up the good work coz the victory is ours so never rest on your oars, check dis out
it can be painful
even though meaningful
it can be something
even though it seems like longthing
a grown woman nagging, wailing
a mature man panting, crying
nurses, hurrying, mumbling
Re: Check Out This Beautiful Poem by lindalee(f): 2:54pm On Dec 12, 2010
@deez
your poem's great its really imaginary and the rhyme scheme is okay. everything is just perfect. keep up the good work.
@yatchs,
those didn't really look like a poem to me, i feel they were more of rhymes without any particular message. hope u don't mind me criticizing your work.
Re: Check Out This Beautiful Poem by snthesis(m): 10:42pm On Dec 12, 2010
@deez
Niice

@yatch
Cool- incomplete, but then good poetry shud leave d reader guessin
Re: Check Out This Beautiful Poem by lokya(f): 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2010
really lovely
Re: Check Out This Beautiful Poem by porasog(f): 7:04pm On Dec 16, 2010
Grabbing the knob and constantly refusing to be overcome by this terror of Eve

lovely line

Suddenly, green and white masquerades walled her

"Push!" to the pain-bearer they say

OMG really hilarious

@poster, I love ur piece but its not complete. They joy of motherhood is not expressed.
Re: Check Out This Beautiful Poem by deezoneclu: 7:36pm On Dec 16, 2010
Thanks sooooooooo much guys.

I really appreciate your posts. I am really glad you read it.
I am a guy and its not easy at all when one considers the kind of pain mothers go through. I pray they will be able to eat the fruits of their labour.

Its true that its not complete and i will finish it anytime from now. I am a law student in unilorin and you can visit my blog at www [dot] davexpression[dot] co [dot] cc

Take care guys

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Check Out Www.bodyandmindforallwomen..com / Troubled Dust : Latest Work By Author Of Eze Goes To School / How Can I Cultivate The Habit Of Reading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.