Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal (2151 Views)

How This Yahoo Boy's Format Was Foiled By His Smart "Client" / Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) / ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal by echibuogwu(m): 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
You are really dull and the most shameful part is that u don’t want to learn.
OgunLaakaye:
This lawyer should please Shut da Fvck up and get a life!

So if the military could intervene, they should have ignored.

Records have it that even in advanced countries, the military has been deployed to combat crimes the police could no longer handle.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2019
[s]
echibuogwu:
You are really dull and the most shameful part is that u don’t want to learn.
[/s]
Re: Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal by CaptainMeks: 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2019
echibuogwu:
Actually u are the fool here, the FBI, Secret service and even ATL are not soldiers

A fool such as you are does not know that what i meant was ALL SECURITY AGENCIES WOULD TURN UP INCLUDING THE MARINES (Which i mentioned first and who happen to be soldiers). The fact that you saw me also mention BOYSCOUTS should let you know what i meant.

Dummy
Re: Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal by highbee02: 11:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
I support the lawyer
Re: Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal by echibuogwu(m): 11:14pm On Dec 29, 2019
You just proved to me that you are extraordinarily dull and it will take a strong man of Hod to deliver you from dullness. It’s not the duty of marines to catch thieves and they won’t do that if there’s a robbery in the US and I repeat. FBI, Boy Scouts and the rest u mentioned are not soldiers.
CaptainMeks:

A fool such as you are does not know that what i meant was ALL SECURITY AGENCIES WOULD TURN UP INCLUDING THE MARINES (Which i mentioned first and who happen to be soldiers). The fact that you saw me also mention BOYSCOUTS should let you know what i meant.

Dummy

1 Like

Re: Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal by CaptainMeks: 11:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
echibuogwu:
You just proved to me that you are extraordinarily dull and it will take a strong man of Hod to deliver you from dullness. It’s not the duty of marines to catch thieves and they won’t do that if there’s a robbery in the US and I repeat. FBI, Boy Scouts and the rest u mentioned are not soldiers.

You just proved you are an idiotic dummy. Who talked about a robbery or thieves in the US? I talked about gunfire near the whitehouse same way Mbape is 15 minutes from Aso Villa and how security agencies would respond to it same way the army responded to this one and you are there mouthing off stupidly in ignorance.

If understanding simple sentences is a struggle then go back to ready ABCs which are at your level

1 Like

Re: Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal by Kapeter(m): 1:12am On Dec 30, 2019
He was high on weed when typing.

Abuja is the capital and it wasn't like the millitary were there to arrest the robbers, they were prolly on patrol and decided to give back up to the police, just a little help.

At least there is Joint task force in Nigeria.

That lawyer mumu like when thief wan kill any force man in uniform, dem go say, you be millitary, nothing concern you with armed robbers.
Re: Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal by theassassin1: 3:43am On Dec 30, 2019
[s]
CaptainMeks:

You just proved you are an idiotic dummy. Who talked about a robbery or thieves in the US? I talked about gunfire near the whitehouse same way Mbape is 15 minutes from Aso Villa and how security agencies would respond to it same way the army responded to this one and you are there mouthing off stupidly in ignorance.

If understanding simple sentences is a struggle then go back to ready ABCs which are at your level
[/s]
Re: Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal by bazooka1: 3:48am On Dec 30, 2019
The man is correct. This is actually the job of SPECIAL ANTI ROBBERY SQUAD (alias SARS) like their name suggests. But everything is upside down in Nigeria, they are busy going after guys on beards.
Re: Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal by theassassin1: 3:51am On Dec 30, 2019
[s]
CaptainMeks:

Dummy
[/s]
Re: Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal by Asebaba1(m): 4:01am On Dec 30, 2019
Are the Armed robbers your team players? The joy is no one was kilked
modsfucker:
Human rights lawyer, Inibehe Effiong, has decried combined efforts of operatives of the Federal Capital Territory Police Command and soldiers from the Guards Brigades, who foiled robbery attack in Mpape area of Abuja on Saturday.

Effiong, a constitutional lawyer, who premised his criticism upon Section 218 of the Nigeria’s Constitution, argued that foiling robbery attack is not the business of army personnel, describing the joint efforts as a “national scandal”.

“It is not only wrong but also unconstitutional. The Army has no business confronting armed robbers. Section 218 of the Constitution limits the role of the Armed Forces. The Army is not supposed to be deployed to fight regular crimes.

“I insist that what happened in Abuja on Saturday is a national scandal and those in power in this country should be ashamed. Deploying soldiers to tackle five armed robbers trapped in a building is a manifestation of the total collapse of our security architecture.

“How can our troops be reduced to this shameful level? A country where soldiers chase suspected rice smugglers is a big joke. I insist that what we’re witnessing is an aberration. The Armed Forces was not established for this,” Effiong tweeted.

He further stated, “The Guards Brigade do not protect Abuja. They only protect the President & the Villa. The security of Abuja is primarily within the jurisdiction of the FCT Police Command. The Army has no business protecting Abuja except if Abuja is under serious attack beyond the capacity of the police.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/army-police-combo-to-foil-mpape-robbery-a-national-scandal-says-constitutional-lawyer.html
Re: Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal by Asebaba1(m): 4:02am On Dec 30, 2019
Are the Armed robbers your team players? The joy is no one was killed
modsfucker:
Human rights lawyer, Inibehe Effiong, has decried combined efforts of operatives of the Federal Capital Territory Police Command and soldiers from the Guards Brigades, who foiled robbery attack in Mpape area of Abuja on Saturday.

Effiong, a constitutional lawyer, who premised his criticism upon Section 218 of the Nigeria’s Constitution, argued that foiling robbery attack is not the business of army personnel, describing the joint efforts as a “national scandal”.

“It is not only wrong but also unconstitutional. The Army has no business confronting armed robbers. Section 218 of the Constitution limits the role of the Armed Forces. The Army is not supposed to be deployed to fight regular crimes.

“I insist that what happened in Abuja on Saturday is a national scandal and those in power in this country should be ashamed. Deploying soldiers to tackle five armed robbers trapped in a building is a manifestation of the total collapse of our security architecture.

“How can our troops be reduced to this shameful level? A country where soldiers chase suspected rice smugglers is a big joke. I insist that what we’re witnessing is an aberration. The Armed Forces was not established for this,” Effiong tweeted.

He further stated, “The Guards Brigade do not protect Abuja. They only protect the President & the Villa. The security of Abuja is primarily within the jurisdiction of the FCT Police Command. The Army has no business protecting Abuja except if Abuja is under serious attack beyond the capacity of the police.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/army-police-combo-to-foil-mpape-robbery-a-national-scandal-says-constitutional-lawyer.html
Re: Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal by Torg77: 12:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
modsfucker:

These lawyers make no comments when officers in the army make people swim in the gutters or roll on the floor..everybody wants to be a smart ass
Re: Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal by seangy4konji: 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2019
Its a shame...
Re: Abuja Foiled Robbery Attack: Lawyer Describe Army Involvement A National Scandal by femmoy(m): 5:35am On Dec 31, 2019
decatalyst:

Please, state factual examples instead of generic claims!

The truth is, Nigeria is a failed Nation! The ones you see in the movies ain't even soldiers because they wear camouflage. They are elite police or SWAT team. The constitution doesn't alot any internal duty to the military. They could only intervene in the case of hostage taking or siege on National infrastructure...

It's a shame!

bro I would advise you to stop trying to educate ignorant people,it's only a waste of time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk-Based Nigerian Woman Shot Dead Along Lagos/ibadan Expressway (Photos) / Ladies Smash Hype Man, Emmy Blaq’s Car Windscreen In Edo [watch Video] / My Funny Experience Speaking Like A Cultist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.