Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary (47121 Views)

Ivory Coast Goalkeeper 'Wore Charm' During AFCON: Shehu Sani Calls For Probe / Nigeria Vs Hungary: FIFA U17 World Cup (4 - 2) Full Time / Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by Heffalump(m): 9:15am On Dec 30, 2019
Lagbaja01:
Sani Abacha does that name ring a bell?

YES! It rings a bell and it's so loud. The full name should be a forbidden name in Nigeria and should not be born by anyone else tongue
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by theassassin1: 9:15am On Dec 30, 2019
[s]
itsme01:
cool

you have to improvise when abroad...

Blended rice can be made into solid fufu looking meal same as flour and wheat, almost every european country has okro, tomatoes and Tatashe.. they have spinach and other leave that are as sweet as normal nigerian leaves

[/s]
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by mamajj17(f): 9:16am On Dec 30, 2019
Lagbaja01:
One is dead, thou the Useless One grin grin grin
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by GMbuharii: 9:17am On Dec 30, 2019
Hungary is still far better than BMC chop-money and it's long line of alarm blow zombies and structures de la coneheads grin grin grin grin

Lzaa immhotep

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 9:17am On Dec 30, 2019
A nigga once said:This headline sef..thank god say i read first..
I want die of hungry for hungary. headline..
I was hungry cause i dont like the food at first.write up..
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by itsme01: 9:19am On Dec 30, 2019
GMbuharii:
Hungary is still far better than BMC chop-money and it's long line of alarm blow zombies and structures dear la coneheads grin grin grin grin

Lzaa immhotep

yen yen yen says a wailer
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by Larryfest(m): 9:19am On Dec 30, 2019
Just say you didn't have enough cash to eat naija food when you got there first because naija food is always expensive abroad.
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by illicit(m): 9:20am On Dec 30, 2019
when u travel out to another climate. you have to adapt their diet to acclimatize to their weather.
that's how they survive
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 30, 2019
Please spare me this food story being told by many NIGERIANS that went abroad.

If you can't eat their food, common sense should tell you to order for General foods like burger, beef, chicken, beans Etc.

As a Nigerian, you should be able to combine one or two General foods and get your satisfaction.

I'm sure beans is everywhere in the world, including beef, meat and chicken.

Bro buy these general stuffs and go to the kitchen and organise something to eat.

Don't they have spaghetti?

If you wait to master their food then you will kill your health, you got to be creative in the kitchen.

2 Likes

Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by Babaheekmat: 9:23am On Dec 30, 2019
Sani Abacha

What a name
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 30, 2019
daddytime:
When you carry your two legs go country wey dem dey call "Hungary"- a country of hungry people, no be you find yourself trouble? grin

You are very dumb and don't read
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by greggng: 9:23am On Dec 30, 2019
That is why i am afraid of travelling abroad...a day without fufu and vegetable is like I am dead....imagine eating burger , chocolate etc..,.no wonder cancer full their body...how can cancer enter body filled with bitter leaf delicacies

1 Like

Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by GODZI: 9:25am On Dec 30, 2019
U're name na abacha naa
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by daddytime(m): 9:26am On Dec 30, 2019
Saltybear:

You are very dumb and don't read

Asswipe

You want make Ogun wipe you and your lineage before tomorrow?
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by poweredcom(m): 9:27am On Dec 30, 2019
17 years ker all dese 25 years old goons de claim 17 hahaha naija boys

Footballer work no easy o

Sani abacha oga if I were u I go out a third name for my name o. COs we all know the main sabi abacha na baddo
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by Immunity1555: 9:27am On Dec 30, 2019
Pls kindly change that name.
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by Marvieduke(f): 9:32am On Dec 30, 2019
Wetin the aboki boy expect before
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by GMbuharii: 9:32am On Dec 30, 2019
itsme01:

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by LZAA: 9:33am On Dec 30, 2019
GMbuharii:
Hungary is still far better than BMC chop-money and it's long line of alarm blow zombies and structures de la coneheads grin grin grin grin

Lzaa immhotep
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by LZAA: 9:33am On Dec 30, 2019
itsme01:

Receive sense
Thank you
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by wink2015(m): 9:34am On Dec 30, 2019
Asphericnews:
The desire to seek greener pastures in Europe among young Nigerian footballers is very common despite the challenges that comes with culture shock due to change of environment.

It is in the light of the above that a young Nigerian teenage footballer has revealed how he almost died in Hungary in the early period he got to the East European nation.

Sani Abacha, the 17 years old Nigerian player that plies his trade with Budapest Honved FC in Hungary said he found it very difficult to eat European foods when he newly arrived the country to play the round leather game.

He exclusively disclosed his shocking experience to our reporter, how the culture shock of the types of foods eaten in Hungary made him to start skipping meals because he found it difficult to eat those foods. He could only manage with bread and tea as breakfast and snacks.

“When i got to Hungary, they gave me foods that i could not eat. I was not comfortable with how the foods tasted in my mouth.

I was only able to eat some snacks, then bread and tea as breakfast,” Abacha told Francis Achi .

“Football is energy sapping and i needed to eat well so as to do well in training.

But i was not eating very well during that period. I thank God that it did not affect my performance on the field,” he added.

“I was feeling sick for about two months. I felt i was dying. I adapted quickly to their weather but it was very difficult for me to adjust to their foods.

In short hunger almost killed me in Hungary that period as i was not able to eat Nigerian foods,” he further said.

“Then i did not know where they sell Nigerian foods, i did not know any African restaurants in Budapest. I was only thinking about football. Well, the story is different now because i know where to eat Nigerian delicacies.

“After about three months, i adjusted to their foods in Hungary and it is now normal for me, but at my early stage in the country, i felt i wanted to die.

“Now i eat their foods and if i feel like eating Nigerian foods, i eat that too.

I normally eat pounded yam and egusi soup once in a while, but i am yet to see or eat tuwo shinkafa in Budapest,” he concluded.

https://asphericnews.com/2019/12/28/hunger-almost-killed-me-in-hungary-nigerian-player/

HUNGARIAN food for an Hungry Man !
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by sixtus20: 9:35am On Dec 30, 2019
The hunger in Nigeria is greater than hunger in hungary, hunger in hungary is hunger with hope.
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by Flexzy360(m): 9:38am On Dec 30, 2019
U sef here d name of the Hungary
No say na hunger dey nak dem
Sorry broda
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by ibechris(m): 9:38am On Dec 30, 2019
Sani Abacha...hmm terrible name to behold.

Sani Abacha and Hungary...all no jell at all.

1 Like

Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by Hypocrit: 9:41am On Dec 30, 2019
Chizzyjoyce:
Hunger is everywhere my Broda..
As long as you're still struggling to survive
The headliners
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by mmsen: 9:43am On Dec 30, 2019
englishmart:

If I go abroad, provided those guys who eat the food don't die, I won't die. My system will adjust, it has no choice. If they give me bread and toothpaste, and I see others eating theirs, I will eat mine. You know how many strange Indian and Filipino diets I've eaten I'm this my beautiful life? I once remember taking coke and Maggi

Indian and Filipino food is much better than the European cuisine.
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:43am On Dec 30, 2019
9jii:

It's not 9ja type of hunger, he was choosy.
I will eat almost anything anywhere. Favourite thing about travelling.

come back nigeria make the new APC buhari hunger wire you ! you go beg for hungary food sef! world!
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by Dogalmighty17: 9:50am On Dec 30, 2019
Lagbaja01:

Exactly! I thought it was only me that name sounded familiar to. Hmmm.... Let's see. Kai! I can't remember where I've heard that name. I've asked everyone in my neighborhood too. No one can remember who he is.

Any one here on nairaland that can help me out?
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by tck2000(m): 9:52am On Dec 30, 2019
post=85338933:

You can take the boy out of Nigeria, but you cannot take Nigeria out of the boy.

Nigerians in diaspora, did you feel this way at anytime when you first travelled?
Let's hear from you guys!
Apt
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by 9jii(m): 9:55am On Dec 30, 2019
MondayOsunbor:

come back nigeria make the new APC buhari hunger wire you ! you go beg for hungary food sef! world!
The hunger is not because of Buhari it the combination of laziness and corruption everywhere since independence.
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by Dogalmighty17: 9:56am On Dec 30, 2019
DuBLINGreenb:
Sani Abacha never die?
With a name like that you are begging to be killed

Tor. Na the reason why hunger want help us kill am be dat.
Re: Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary by tck2000(m): 9:56am On Dec 30, 2019
YipadaGadgets1:
The dude was HUNGRY IN HUNGARY

It would make a good movie title
ll

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WWE Superstar John Cena Dead? / "I Had Over 40 Stiches" - Tyson Fury After Bloody Eye Cut During Fight (Photos) / Asisat Oshoala Flaunts Her Long Legs In Bum Shorts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.