Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises (43474 Views)

Zelensky Rejects U.S Evacuation Offer As Russian Assasins Parachute Into Kyiv / US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down / Wildfires In Northern California Force Mass Evacuation Of Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by Godwin2am(m): 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
very simple, use heavy duty equipment and clear trees and grasses around and trap the fire.fall down tall trees within habitable area
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by Sidneyjack: 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
No country in the world that doesn't have challenges.

1 Like

Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by miclil: 3:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
Life is changing Nature is changing it can't be helped ***
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by GMbuharii: 3:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
MRAKBEE:
Read to understand na. The guy is arguing that more efforts should be made with

regards to tackling global warming

By waiting for rain to fall during forest fires and in the middle of heat season,huh?!?! Yea right..

Esseite's response also applies to you, definitely LOLs
grin
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by Kennydoc(m): 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2019
helinues:

Fire contained while people are asked to evacuate?

The long drought in the area worsened the situations.

Abi what was this article about?

Are there rains in drought? How come you're expecting them to wait for rain?
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by izubext007: 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2019
That's Sad, D Only Natural Disaste In My Beautiful 9ja Is Just Corrupt Minded Leaders.
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by LZAA: 3:38pm On Dec 30, 2019
GMbuharii:

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA........ lolsssssss

Lzaa immhotep see as dem finish helinues!!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Zombies can never get sense grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by Randy100: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2019
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Are you a pharmacist?
It is obvious now.
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by brainhgeek(m): 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
Revelation 16:8-9 comes to mind.
8. And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by viceddy95(m): 3:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
Randy100:
Very soon TB Joshua will claim that he prophecised about the heat wave currently heating Australia now. I can't wait for 31st december when they will start releasing their useless prediction as 2020 prophecy. My own prophecy is that somebody in Nigeria is going to die in 2020. Nigeria people should pray against this, so that nobody will die in Nigeria in 2020.
What has this got to do with the church now,,why do some of you like attacking churches unnecessarily....
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by ehissi(m): 3:48pm On Dec 30, 2019
Esseite:

The previous wildfires in the US, was it not firefighters that eventually quenched the fire?..

So they should rather leave the fire unattended while waiting for raining season?...

Please try this 2020, add more effort to be logical.

Oga them talk say an area with landmass larger than the entire size of Belgium (a complete country of 30000 square kilometres is on fire), you are talking of quenching.

How many fire equipment them wan use. It cannot be quenched. Na to evacuate, and contain the fire within an area and wait for it to fizzle out, datzall.

Even on aljazeera they asked people to evacuate, that only rain can quench the fire, the best they can do is reduce the spread of the blaze so that it does affect other areas.........

Even the corpse of some victims are yet to be recovered by rescue teams, because of the suffocating heat and flames.

Why are they signing petition for New year's eve fireworks money to be used to quench fire, if there is an actual attempt to put it out?

They are asking their government to use $6.5million(#1.68billion) meant for fireworks to support fire fighting efforts for a reason, think am biko......
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2019
Following
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by ptkoncept(m): 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by aminusodiq(m): 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2019
helinues:
Only heavy downpour can quench the fires..

This is beyond having sophisticated fire fighting equipments .. The solution lies with mother nature
God is great!!! Common 30mins rain is an end of discussion grin
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by D1zion: 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
ghettokid1:

u dont mean it!
that's opposite oooo.hmmm.Nigeria kwa
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2019
helinues:

Me listening to Aaliyah - Back and forth

Happy new week

Hmmm Aaliyah R.I.P.
One of the artists men rock their songs then.
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by Finnestgreat: 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
They should come to Nigeria to invest. Here there is a security for their life and property.
Seriously
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by Finnestgreat: 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
May God help them,that's all i can say
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:19pm On Dec 30, 2019
Randy100:
It is obvious now.

Pharmacists didn't invent drugs either. Without drugs, pharmacists wouldn't exist at all
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by Savagethe21st(m): 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
The heat over there cant be compared to what i face in my bed roon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W90ebtj21t4 Hello guys i'm a 17 year old producer from lagos NIGERIA chasing my dreams.It would be a huge blessing if someone checked out my beats and subscribe to channel. Comment what you think or corrections.Thanks and Godbless.
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by Obdk: 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by tck2000(m): 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
helinues:

This is beyond having sophisticated fire fighting equipments .. The solution lies with mother nature
Apt
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by COUSIN1279(m): 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2019
See wildfire wey mumu instead make e come catch sambisa forest e come dey catch innocent forest. Inside life...
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by vertueptime: 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
Wer all those fake juju people wey de stop rain ,make them send the rain go there

Macsjebs:

Source: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/12/thousands-urged-evacuate-australia-fire-risk-rises-191230030949334.html
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by alimaa: 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2019
helinues:

You can't see rain when there is fire outbreak. It has never happened.
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2019
That means VISA will be cheap now AS AN IGBO KWA
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by franchasng: 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
They should come to Nigeria to invest. Here there is a security for their life and property.
especially in Borno state. I recommend Borno, Yobe, Gombe, and Adamawa grin
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by MRAKBEE(m): 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
GMbuharii:

By waiting for rain to fall during forest fires and in the middle of heat season,huh?!?! Yea right..

Esseite's response also applies to you, definitely LOLs
grin
Read again bruh.. U are yet to get it.
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by AFONJAPIG(m): 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
Please can I change place with them... I mean swapping, I don't mind been I Australia desert
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by seangy4konji: 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
I would happily go there and work as a fire fighter..
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by Angelfrost(m): 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
helinues:

Mother or Father Nature is fed up with our bullsh*t attempts at modernization with little or no regard for the ecosystem!!!

This is one reason I stopped praying for a better world long ago... Despite age long sensitization campaigns, warnings, and forecasts (Earth Song by Michael Jackson too), we have continued to plunder and rip away at the heart of nature...

Maybe James Cameron and others were being prophetic when they produced "Terminator: Judgement Day"!!!
Re: Mass Evacuation In Australia As Heat Risk Rises by Randy100: 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2019
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Pharmacists didn't invent drugs either. Without drugs, pharmacists wouldn't exist at all
Really, hope you know that pharmacist are drug expert.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Larry King, 87, 'in Hospital With COVID-19' / Adama Barrow Wearing Arsenal Jersey (Photos) / Murder Suicides: Russian Oligarchs, Vladislav And Gazprombank Die 24 Hours Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.